Tournament OM Snake Draft - FINALS [Won by The Crabominable Snowmen]

Info Thread

Art by h_n_g_m_n

Scheduling

Scheduling should be done on VM walls, plain and simple:
  • If there is no communication on VM walls and a game goes undone, it will be left to the RNG to decide the winner
  • If there is communication on only one user's behalf, the win will go to them. Feel free to call activity in this thread beforehand
  • If there is a very healthy back and forth regarding potential times and one user is a no-show, a manager may take the opportunity to sub out the no-show competitor; if this is not done, the user that showed up responsibly will be awarded the win.
TL;DR: VM your opponents, schedule your matches, and be reliable. If you're not reliable, let your manager know so they can sub you out ASAP.

Use these VM's to initiate discussion about bo1 or bo3 as well! All games are bo1 unless both players agree otherwise.

Sportsmanship

Exhibitions of unsportsmanlike conduct with regards to OM Snake Draft will be met with an infraction at the discretion of the host/OM mods. This is unlikely to include interactions within a team's private chat unless there is reason found to make an exception. This rule is meant to protect other users from being publicly flamed/bashed/provoked by another competitor for the duration of and following the tournament.

All players must complete their matches by the given deadline. Any incomplete matches by that time will be subject to activity decision (MAKE SURE YOU POST ON YOUR OPPONENT'S VM WALL); otherwise, they will be decided via !pick publicly in the OM Room. All matches should ideally be done on your most notable alt to avoid confusion and the replay must be saved and posted in this thread. The replays will be archived in a separate thread, and will be used to calculate usage stats.

All games must be played on SmogTours unless the format is available on main and both players agree to play on main.

Substitutions & Lineups

Managers, if you wish to make any substitutions, you must post here tagging both the player you're subbing out, the player you're subbing in, the managers of the opposing team, the substitute's opponent, and myself. This is to assure that everyone is in-the-loop and that the OP is updated accordingly to reflect the new match-up. Once a player has been substituted out they cannot be substituted back in.

Managers, when you send in lineups, please send it in with the tier and Smogon username of each player fully written out for ease of transcription.

FINALS

The Crabominable Snowmen (Sylveon. TheCoastsOfToast) VS The Partying Poliwags (Catalystic MAMP)

USUM Camomons: Highlord vs obii
USUM Partners in Crime: Akumeoy vs jasprose
USUM Sketchmons: Terracotta vs Leru
USUM Tier Shift: Akashi vs Wyn
USUM ZU: skysolo14 vs RawMelon

Week 5

The Bodacious Bisharps (Betathunder DurzaOffTopic) VS The Crabominable Snowmen (Sylveon. TheCoastsOfToast)

USUM Camomons: Andyboy vs Highlord
USUM Partners in Crime: Pigeons vs Akumeoy
USUM Sketchmons: Sage vs Zesty43
USUM Tier Shift: Fardin vs Akashi
USUM ZU: Kushalos vs czim

The Top Kekleons (Quantum Tesseract Xayah) VS The Jackass Jirachis (G-Luke Willdbeast)

USUM Camomons: Chloe vs Chopin Alkaninoff
USUM Partners in Crime: Gurpreet Patel (Sent you a Friend Request) vs Drud (sub)
USUM Sketchmons: EternalSnowman vs Megazard
USUM Tier Shift: Eien vs Hamhamhamham
USUM ZU: Finchinator vs Taskr

The Partying Poliwags (Catalystic MAMP) VS Rage Against The Registeels (aki0s Funbot28)

USUM Camomons: obii vs In The Hills
USUM Partners in Crime: jasprose vs Mark_K
USUM Sketchmons: Leru vs Plas
USUM Tier Shift: Wyn vs Level 56
USUM ZU: RawMelon vs Aaronboyer (sub)​

Week 4

The Bodacious Bisharps (Betathunder DurzaOffTopic) VS The Partying Poliwags (Catalystic MAMP)

USUM Camomons: Andyboy vs GL Volkner
USUM Partners in Crime: Pigeons vs jasprose
USUM Sketchmons: Sage (sub) vs Leru
USUM Tier Shift: Fardin vs Wyn
USUM ZU: HJAD (sub) vs RawMelon (sub)

The Crabominable Snowmen (Sylveon. TheCoastsOfToast) VS The Jackass Jirachis (G-Luke Willdbeast)

USUM Camomons: Highlord vs drampa's grandpa
USUM Partners in Crime: Akumeoy vs Snaquaza
USUM Sketchmons: Terracotta vs Megazard
USUM Tier Shift: Zesty43 (sub) vs Hamhamhamham
USUM ZU: czim vs EviGaro

The Top Kekleons (Quantum Tesseract Xayah) VS Rage Against The Registeels (aki0s Funbot28)

USUM Camomons: Chloe vs In The Hills
USUM Partners in Crime: Gurpreet Patel (Sent you a Friend Request) vs Mark_K
USUM Sketchmons: EternalSnowman vs Plas
USUM Tier Shift: Eien vs Level 56
USUM ZU: Finchinator vs 5gen

Week 3

The Bodacious Bisharps (Betathunder DurzaOffTopic) VS The Top Kekleons (Quantum Tesseract Xayah)

USUM Camomons: Andyboy vs Arifeen (sub)
USUM Partners in Crime: Pigeons vs Gurpreet Patel (Sent you a Friend Request)
USUM Sketchmons: Jrdn vs EternalSnowman
USUM Tier Shift: Fardin vs Eien
USUM ZU: Kushalos vs Finchinator

The Crabominable Snowmen (Sylveon. TheCoastsOfToast) VS The Partying Poliwags (Catalystic MAMP)

USUM Camomons: Highlord vs GL Volkner
USUM Partners in Crime: Akumeoy vs jasprose
USUM Sketchmons: tzop vs Leru
USUM Tier Shift: Akashi vs Paleo
USUM ZU: skysolo14 vs RawMelon

The Jackass Jirachis (G-Luke Willdbeast) VS Rage Against The Registeels (aki0s Funbot28)

USUM Camomons: Chopin Alkaninoff vs In The Hills
USUM Partners in Crime: Snaquaza vs Mark_K
USUM Sketchmons: Megazard vs Plas
USUM Tier Shift: Hamhamhamham vs Level 56
USUM ZU: Taskr vs 5gen

Reactions: Ren
Week 2

The Partying Poliwags (Catalystic MAMP) VS The Jackass Jirachis (G-Luke Willdbeast)

USUM Camomons: RawMelon (sub) vs Hamhamhamham (sub)
USUM Partners in Crime: jasprose vs Snaquaza
USUM Sketchmons: Leru vs Megazard
USUM Tier Shift: Wyn vs Taskr (sub)
USUM ZU: obii vs EviGaro

The Top Kekleons (Quantum Tesseract Xayah) VS The Crabominable Snowmen (Sylveon. TheCoastsOfToast)

USUM Camomons: Chloe vs Highlord
USUM Partners in Crime: Gurpreet Patel (Sent you a Friend Request) vs Akumeoy
USUM Sketchmons: EternalSnowman vs tzop
USUM Tier Shift: Eien vs Zesty43 (sub)
USUM ZU: Finchinator vs czim

The Bodacious Bisharps (Betathunder DurzaOffTopic) VS Rage Against The Registeels (aki0s Funbot28)

USUM Camomons: Andyboy vs In The Hills
USUM Partners in Crime: Pigeons vs Mark_K
USUM Sketchmons: Jrdn vs Plas
USUM Tier Shift: Fardin vs Level 56
USUM ZU: Kushalos vs jklioe (sub)​

Week 1

The Bodacious Bisharps (Betathunder DurzaOffTopic) VS The Jackass Jirachis (G-Luke Willdbeast)

USUM Camomons: Andyboy vs drampa's grandpa
USUM Partners in Crime: The Cheesen One vs Snaquaza
USUM Sketchmons: Jrdn vs Megazard
USUM Tier Shift: Fardin vs Hamhamhamham
USUM ZU: Kushalos vs Taskr

The Top Kekleons (Quantum Tesseract Xayah) VS The Partying Poliwags (Catalystic MAMP)

USUM Camomons: Chloe vs GL Volkner
USUM Partners in Crime: Gurpreet Patel (Sent you a Friend Request) vs jasprose
USUM Sketchmons: EternalSnowman vs Leru
USUM Tier Shift: Eien vs Wyn
USUM ZU: Finchinator vs obii

(Sylveon. TheCoastsOfToast) The Crabominable Snowmen VS Rage Against The Registeels (aki0s Funbot28)

USUM Camomons: Highlord vs In The Hills
USUM Partners in Crime: Akumeoy vs Mark_K
USUM Sketchmons: tzop (sub) vs Plas
USUM Tier Shift: Akashi vs Level 56
USUM ZU: czim vs 5gen

Xayah

San Bwanna
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Doing predicts on ZU games not my own team.
Kushalos vs Taskr - Have to give it to Kushalos. Both of these are players with ZU histories that haven't played quite as much recently, but I think Kushalos is just a better player in general. Also, Taskr's ZU support is limited to Megazard, who is definitely a good player but it's just not on the level of Durza + HJAD that Kushalos has.
czim vs 5gen - Hate to do it to czim, but this one is 5gen's game to control. With more experience and metagame knowledge, 5gen would already be favored in this matchup on his own, but some of the best support he could hope for with both Aaronboyer and jklioe on his team. He's also a very creative player and I doubt czim is gonna be able to do quite as much.

Otherwise, really excited for these games. GO KEKLEONS!

Chloe vs GL Volkner: this is the greatest HL of all time

also games i think are v good
USUM Sketchmons: Jrdn vs Megazard: two best om players active rn imo could go either way I think Jordan is insanely creative which could lead him to build some broken set that wins as sets do in sketch.
USUM Sketchmons: EternalSnowman vs Leru: both fire both ubers players but Esm and Jordan are friends so edge ESM
USUM ZU: Finchinator vs obii: no clue obii is fire but finch is insane at low tiers 50/50 imo
USUM Tier Shift: Fardin vs Hamhamhamham: this meta has a lot of fat broken shit and thats right up Fardins alley

Last edited:

Jrdn

Not a promise, I'm just gonna call it.
Camo/Sketch/TS Predictions

USUM Camomons: Chloe vs GL Volkner: I've seen Volk play camo b4
USUM Sketchmons: EternalSnowman vs Leru: This could be a cool match up. I know Leru played sketch in the OMPL where it was around, and he enjoyed it. Expect to see some cool sets
USUM Tier Shift: Eien vs Wyn: No clue how this will go. I don't really know how good either of their playing abilities are outside of TS, but I don't think they play the tier. Correct me if I'm wrong.

USUM Camomons: Highlord vs In The Hills: I believe Highlord has more experience in Camo. I'll give him the slight edge bc ITH is known for good building in his tier. If it translates, it can surprise for a win.
USUM Sketchmons: Terracotta vs Plas: 0/2 on picking goons D: I think terra has some fire stuff, where Plas will either need to relearn the meta, or rely on updating Racool teams, which granted, are strong as hell.
USUM Tier Shift: Akashi vs Level 56: Give 56 a team and does he ever lose?

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion
Chloe Today at 15:15 PM
ready for g2?

GL Volkner Today at 15:15 PM
wait is it bo3

GL Volkner Today at 11:15 PM
FUCK IT'S BO3 ????
CATA
WE DIDNT PREP FOR THIS

wyn Today at 11:15 PM
LOL

HELP

Catalystic Today at 11:15 PM
Wait It is?

SHE ASKED ME IF IM READY FOR G2
I DIDNT KNOW

THIS SHIT WAS BO3
HELP

Tell her

GIVE ME A TEAM

It’s not bo3

GL Volkner Today at 11:16 PM
oh

Betathunder

alphalightning
Chloe Today at 15:15 PM
ready for g2?

GL Volkner Today at 15:15 PM
wait is it bo3

FUCK IT'S BO3 ????
CATA
WE DIDNT PREP FOR THIS

wyn Today at 11:15 PM
LOL

HELP

Wait It is?

SHE ASKED ME IF IM READY FOR G2
I DIDNT KNOW

THIS SHIT WAS BO3
HELP

Tell her

GIVE ME A TEAM

It’s not bo3

GL Volkner Today at 11:16 PM
oh
top ten anime plot twists

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)