SM OU 4 Attacks Mega Mawile + Sub DD Zygarde (My First RMT)

].gif
zygarde.gif
greninja.gif
785.png
797.png
788.png

4 Attacks Mega Mawile + Sub DD Zygarde

The Import
Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch
- Fire Fang

Zygarde @ Groundium Z
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed

Greninja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Ice Beam
- Taunt

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Def / 156 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Nature's Madness
- Defog
- Taunt
]

Team Building Process
(All of these sets are really standard but im gonna explain them anyways)

I stumbled upon this core while looking at the USUM OU Cores thread. Mawile and Zygarde make a very nice core together.
They have very good type synergy and Mawile can do massive damage to Pokemon that annoy Zygarde like Skarmory and Celesteela with Thunder Punch. Opposing Dragons and possibly nailing Lando on the switch with Ice Punch. Ferrothorn, Tangrowth, and other grass types with Fire Fang.
While Zygarde can take on Fire and Steel types that force Mawile out. Zygarde can also Set-Up with Substitute and Dragon Dance after Mawile has wreaked havoc on the opposing team.

When using Sub DD Zygarde having a Toxic Spike user to go along with it is very important so i chose Greninja. It is a suicide lead utilizing Spikes and Toxic Spikes. It can taunt defogers coming in. And has Ice Beam to hit common defogers pretty hard such as Zapdos, Latios, Landorus-Therian, etc.

Next i decided to put Tapu Koko on the team as it can act as a Pivot and extra help for Skarmory, Celesteela, and Toxapex and it can usually put a few dents in teams. Thunderbolt hits really hard, Volt Switch can gain you some momentum, Dazzling Gleam is for when your opponent has an electric-immune Pokemon, HP Ice is to hit ground types that wan't to come in on your electric moves, mainly Landorus-T.

Celesteela can really help out the team with Landorus-Therian (there's a running theme here) and Tapu Bulu which is one of Zygarde's best counters. It gives the team a wall, and overall good type synergy. Leftovers + Leech Seed + Protect helps keep Celesteela at relatively good Hp over the course of the game. Heavy Slam is it's strongest STAB move and Flamethrower is there to hit steel types that want to come in especially Ferrothorn since it is immune to Leech Seed.

Tapu Fini helps out with Landorus-T (back at it again) and also gives the team defog and taunt support. It is my only Fighting Resist and only thing can take a strong water hit cause of it's impressive bulk, it also has one of the best defensive typings in competitive. Surf gives it a strong water STAB, Nature's Madness can half the Hp on bulky pokemon that come in, Defog removes entry hazards, Taunt can stop set-up or some stall.

I need help polishing this team up, input is greatly appreciated :)​

Last edited:
Reactions: DKM

DKM

Are you feeling nervous? Are you having fun?
is a Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Hi, this team looks pretty cool. But there are a few weaknesses that I wanted to point out.

Tapu Koko is a problem since your electric resists are your own Koko (which isn't that bulky) and Zygarde which loses to HP Ice.

Another problem is fast setup sweepers like Volcarona, Kartana and Zygarde since the team has no Scarfer.

The team also lacks Stealth Rock which is needed on pretty much all teams.

MAJOR CHANGES

797.png --> 598.png
Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes/Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip

Ferrothorn gives you both a rocker and a solid switch-in to Tapu Koko. You still have Leech Seed to keep you healthy.

You can choose between running Spikes (noting a later change) or Gyro Ball which hits things like Tapu Lele and Bulu harder.

788.png--> 645-s.png
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 228 Def / 32 Spe
Impish Nature
- Defog
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Next I changed your Defog user to Landorus since this gives you a ground immunity and also a pivot that can switch-in to both Zygarde and Kartana.

This change might make you a bit weaker to fire types such as Heatran but I still think it can be played around.

MINOR CHANGES

303-m.png Ice Punch --> Sucker Punch

Sucker punch on Mawile helps you knock out weakened pokemon that are slower than you, which Is probably better than hitting Landorus since you have a few ways to pressure Landorus already.

You could also consider Fire Fang --> Swords Dance to help break through bulkier teams. Although I think fire coverage is nice for Ferrothorn and Scizor.

658.pngfocussash.png--> choicescarf.png
Greninja @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 176 Atk / 80 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Toxic Spikes

I don't think sash lead Greninja is that good on a team with Defog as you might end up getting spikes then having to remove them later.

Making Greninja scarf lets him also be used as a revenge killer for Kartana, Volcarona etc. and a momentum gainer to help bring in your breakers.

785.pngchoicespecs.png--> shucaberry.png
Tapu Koko @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 104 HP / 12 Def / 176 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch
- Roost

I recommend Shuca berry Koko with Roost to help with Landorus, but more importantly Hawlucha. since Koko is the only real way for your team to deal with it, having added bulk and reliable recovery should be useful.

Let me know what you think about these changes and good luck :]

Importable
~~303-m.png718.png658.png785.png598.png645-s.png~~​

Hi, this team looks pretty cool. But there are a few weaknesses that I wanted to point out.

Tapu Koko is a problem since your electric resists are your own Koko (which isn't that bulky) and Zygarde which loses to HP Ice.

Another problem is fast setup sweepers like Volcarona, Kartana and Zygarde since the team has no Scarfer.

MAJOR CHANGES

View attachment 110736 --> View attachment 110737
Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes/Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip

Ferrothorn gives you both a rocker and a solid switch-in to Tapu Koko. You still have Leech Seed to keep you healthy.

You can choose between running Spikes (noting a later change) or Gyro Ball which hits things like Tapu Lele and Bulu harder.

View attachment 110738--> View attachment 110739
Impish Nature
- Defog
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Next I changed your Defog user to Landorus since this gives you a ground immunity and also a pivot that can switch-in to both Zygarde and Kartana.

This change might make you a bit weaker to fire types such as Heatran but I still think it can be played around.

MINOR CHANGES

View attachment 110740 Ice Punch --> Sucker Punch

Sucker punch on Mawile helps you knock out weakened pokemon that are slower than you, which Is probably better than hitting Landorus since you have a few ways to pressure Landorus already.

You could also consider Fire Fang --> Swords Dance to help break through bulkier teams. Although I think fire coverage is nice for Ferrothorn and Scizor.

View attachment 110742View attachment 110743--> View attachment 110744
Greninja @ Choice Scarf
Naive Nature
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Toxic Spikes

I don't think sash lead Greninja is that good on a team with Defog as you might end up getting spikes then having to remove them later.

Making Greninja scarf lets him also be used as a revenge killer for Kartana, Volcarona etc. and a momentum gainer to help bring in your breakers.

View attachment 110745View attachment 110755--> View attachment 110756
Tapu Koko @ Shuca Berry
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch
- Roost

I recommend Shuca berry Koko with Roost to help with Landorus, but more importantly Hawlucha. since Koko is the only real way for your team to deal with it, having added bulk and reliable recovery should be useful.

Thanks for the input man I'll try it out.

Thanks for the input man I'll try it out.

MAJOR CHANGES

View attachment 110736 --> View attachment 110737
Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes/Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip

View attachment 110738--> View attachment 110739
Impish Nature
- Defog
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]

MINOR CHANGES

View attachment 110740 Ice Punch --> Sucker Punch

View attachment 110742View attachment 110743--> View attachment 110744
Greninja @ Choice Scarf
Naive Nature
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Toxic Spikes

View attachment 110745View attachment 110755--> View attachment 110756
Tapu Koko @ Shuca Berry
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch
- Roost

I got a 6-0 on the first game, granted it was low ladder but still thanks alot
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-732204545

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)