Approved [44-M] NU Spotlight: Sneasel

Status
Not open for further replies.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Just getting my ideas out in bullet points for now, I'll expand a lot later on once this is approved and such. Apologies for the lack of organization and grammar :s

History:

• before gen 6, sneasel was a pretty average pokemon in the lower tiers that didnt have too much to say for itself (really only talking about bw as its c rank and I dont know too much about previous gens)
  • the buff to knock off was incredible for sneasel, giving it a powerful stab move that has an added utility bonus
  • dislikes introduction of fairy types
  • in xy, sneasel was good, but not great (better adjective here) being B+ on the viability rankings due to a variety of metagame trends - steelix, hariyama everywhere because of typhlosion, seismitoad, and a few others
  • with the move to oras, sneasel's time to shine wasnt just yet as fire types/typh were just as prominent (therefore making yama super common) and steelix got a mega evolution, making it even more of a roadblock for sneasel
  • mega steelix banned - super good for sneasel
  • typhlosion banned - super good for sneasel bc yama usage and viablity is dropping significantly
  • recently rose to s rank due to the above two reasons as well as being one of the fastest pokemon in the meta and stab knock off alongside great secondary stab
  • maybe mention how it fares in other tiers like how it was banned from pu/decent in ru?

Playing with Sneasel

Sneasel @ Choice Band / Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit / Low Kick

• basic standard set in this meta, dual stabs + priority
  • pursuit for teams that like xatu and other psychics removed and low kick for teams that struggle with some select bulky steels and yama
  • ice shard for strong priority to hit boosting mons such as xyz and outprioritize other priority users
  • cb for heavy increased damage output, life orb to swap up moves at the cost of being worn down even more than it normally would

Sneasel @ Eviolite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash

Playing against Sneasel
  • while sneasels checks are very easy to fit onto a team, the vast majority of them are crippled by a knock off upon switch in, which limits their ability to check sneasel and other threats
  • every teams carries checks to it, but most dont have reliable recovery so its important to preserve them
  • keep up entry hazards, as sneasel's stealth rock weakness + susceptibility to spikes/tspikes is one of the easiest ways of wearing it down
  • other forms of residual damage are also good methods of dealing with sneasel, but thats limited to sneasel and garbodor, the former hates being knocked off and the latter should be wary of switching into icicle crash

yaa this looks solid for a skeleton, keep me posted tho cause this is important. looks good to me though

if you want to mention sneasel in DPP NU, its an OK lead cause it has fake out + taunt, but other than that the meta isnt very kind to it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)