A trip down childhood memory lane

Maybe someone can help me remember what one other game show Nickelodeon had around that time frame, my memories are vague on most of it but it was a competition and it eventually ended with someone doing a time rush on a videogame at the time (like Sonic) as like the last challenge of sorts? I think they also played like more videogames throughout it, anyways always liked that one too growing up, don't suppose anyone has a name to go with it?
It was, in all honestly, simply called Nick Arcade, and I loved that show too :D

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Ok, what. How could we have missed this??

[youtube]wpu50t97U0M[/youtube]

Magic School Bus was arguably my favorite cartoon show from my earlier childhood. I remember being blown away as a child a pretty much every episode. Ms. Frizzle was a riot and the adventures they went on were top notch. Gooooood times.

Huy

INSTANT BALLS
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
[youtube]1ju75XsCO4o[/youtube]

[youtube]OxD6mmJaYqk[/youtube]

[youtube]bD4jM41ztnM[/youtube]

I loved that show, always used to want to be on it since it looked so much fun back then.

Maybe someone can help me remember what one other game show Nickelodeon had around that time frame, my memories are vague on most of it but it was a competition and it eventually ended with someone doing a time rush on a videogame at the time (like Sonic) as like the last challenge of sorts? I think they also played like more videogames throughout it, anyways always liked that one too growing up, don't suppose anyone has a name to go with it?
[youtube]bD4jM41ztnM[/youtube]

Someone, please tell me that I am not the only one:

Every time I watch an old show that I used to watch (Digimon adventures) I always grin like an idiot uncontrollably and the hair on my neck and arms stand on end.

Does anyone else feel like this?

i know that feel

one of my most vivid childhood memories is listening to the song in the theater before Pokemon 2000 started. that, and trying to get all the promo cards from the Digimon movie. and my hairs are like hey y'all

i get hair on end when i watch super awesome old stuff, but not like duck tales or anything.

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Someone, please tell me that I am not the only one:

Every time I watch an old show that I used to watch (Digimon adventures) I always grin like an idiot uncontrollably and the hair on my neck and arms stand on end.

Does anyone else feel like this?
i get some hair standing action as well, its why i couldnt help but create this thread

because really, every teen and grown up should every now and again take a little time to reflect on his/her childhood, everyone deserves that feeling. childhood, a time of magic, innocence and carefree believability. A time when anything was possible and we didnt have to worry about money running every aspect of life.

you know, before life fucked us over pretty much[or the media, etc. feel free to blame whatever it is that stole your innocence]
and of course some people have been fucked up so bad by life that they've lost the ability to reflect back on their childhood and get that hair standing/awe feeling. its sad that somewhere along the road we lose such simple abilities sometimes, sad that we can lose something so simply that can bring back just a taste of the kind of joy we once had as children, even if its just for a moment.

Edit: as i typed all of that, i was picturing someone i know, maybe that's why i went so deep in thought
i apologize

[youtube]wpu50t97U0M[/youtube]

Magic School Bus was arguably my favorite cartoon show from my earlier childhood. I remember being blown away as a child a pretty much every episode. Ms. Frizzle was a riot and the adventures they went on were top notch. Gooooood times.
I liked the show, but the video games were a bigger childhood memory.

MSB: Under the Sea is the only game that got the best of me. I got up to the final riddle:

"It must be hard for this creature to find it's food, when it has no mouth or digestive tube!"

I clicked on every goddamn pixel in that entire goddamn sea, and never found the creature it was talking about. Now, I can't find the game anywhere, so I can't go back and beat it. It will always have the best of me. :(

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Speaking of educational tv shows back in the '90s:

[youtube]UXyYbQ0SmDQ[/youtube]

Does anyone remember this amazing guy?

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Growing up, educational shows weren't really big with me i guess, and i'm talking about ACTUAL educational shows. when i think back to my childhood, the only show i can really consider to be educational inst even that old. its a decade or a little over a decade old and til this day i still have mixed feelings about this show.
Good theme song though

• Spongebob [THE GOOD OLD ONES]
  • The Simpsions
  • Futurama
  • Beavis and Butthead
  • Billy and Mandy
  • Transformers
  • The time period when Nick and Cartoon Network didn't suck, ect...

Oh yeah and little kid shows when I fit that age group.

November Blue

A universe where hot chips don't exist :(
is a Contributor Alumnus
In Dexter's Laboratory
Lives the smartest boy you've ever seeeeeeen
But Deedee blows his inventions
To SMITHEREEEENS!

Magic school bus is an amazing show. If I ever have kids I'm going to make them watch this. It's such a useful tool for learning basic important science. This along with Kratts Creatures on PBS lead to my interest in Biology. These, along with Bill Nye the Science Guy and also reading a bit of science here and there basically meant I learned very little science during my years in Bakersfields shitty school system. Funny how my parents at times kept me from watching these shows, unaware of the amount of information I was learning and how it would affect my life as a student.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)