Rejected Add Legacy 3D Model Animations for Old Generations

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the release of Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, Game Freak did what people didn't think they would, and actually updated the animations for most Pokemon included in Scarlet and Violet, and textures. As this type of thing gets updated, however, I want at least an option to use the old animations in old generations. Stuff like Vaporeon look completely different with the new battle idle, and it just feels... wrong, when playing in old formats.

I'm not sure if the new model implementation includes the retexturing of the Pokemon, I assume not from what I've seen (Pokemon like Rayquaza look vastly different in Scarlet and Violet, and I cannot tell a difference so far in Showdown!), so this is mostly about animation. We have the legacy sprites for old generations, and while the base model is the same, if Game Freak continues adding new animations (and more importantly to this subject, replacing old ones as they did here), then we'll have a Showdown where everything after Generation 5 is using completely different animations than what we actually had at the time, or a representation of the in-game visuals.

I am not sure how much work this would be, mind you. But it'd be a very appreciated feature/option, at least to me.

Hecate

Be the serpent under't
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Admin
I'm gonna reject this for now. Not that many sprites changed for S/V, so it's not really worth the extra code/dev time/etc for 6 (iirc) new sprites.
Have a nice day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)