Gen 3 ADV Sand Veil Test

Yes!
Finally people will be wielding Sandslash, and ultimately, rank it higher than Donphan in OU viability!

Try being creative ...sure Swords Dance is a nice niche...but remember it gets Focus Punch and think about that Speed to be faster than Swampert/usual Metagrosses, Tars, Blisseys, Milotics, and maybe a Hera or a Breloom here and there! ~HUGE~
But try not to rely on it being a good spinner, I'd pass on it for that. It won't be. Try going offensive with it and stick with leftovers, pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee. It makes for a fine Rock resist that way. I personally liked Double-Edge to get nice hits on all of Zapdos/Claydol/Flygon/Salamence when I used it. Sand Veil is a good cheesy trait to avoid, if need be, Meteor Mashes, Megahorns, Fire Blasts, and stuff like Toxic and Will-o-wisp even more often :blobglare:, better than Sturdy :blobsad:, so obviously pair it with Tar. And I ultimately settled with HP Fly for other selective/surprise coverage or 'chip' to Gengar.

Speed and a non-mandatory item to hold is what also gives it a bump over Marowak, IMO, on normal builds. No Bug weak ---ahhh pure Ground ; how I secretly love thee.

Last edited:
View attachment 284003

idk how to quote, sorry. i skim read this and thought the ladder period was under way. is it not?

View attachment 284004

as is illustrated above i laddered quite a bit already. is there any point in continuing?
The ladder period is not under way yet. We leave a buffer period to address community concerns. You will need to start a fresh alt on October 26th.

Nonetheless, that's impressive work. Looking forward to seeing you qualify.

I hope that it is okay if I post in this thread a screenshot of my alt meeting the reqs:
Reqs.JPG

If not, I'll just use this as an opportunity to fish for likes :blobthumbsup:

Huge thanks to Altina and everyone who posted their ADV teams in linear's ADV thread. My ADV-teambuilding ineptitude was offset by your generosity.

Ban evasiveness part of sand veil ability (If Sandstorm is active, this Pokemon's evasiveness is multiplied by 1.25). I do believe that Cacturne ability to gain health via leftovers, even though it's not ground/rock/steel type is not a problem and doesn't increase hax during battles.

Please also condsider making similar voting for pairing baton pass with soundproof ability. Mr. Mime ruins ladder experience/pleasure basically since always. If baton pass on Smearle is banned, Mr. Mime issue is natural next step.

Also sending regards to my old buddies: UD, Asta and Callous. It's been a long 3 years without ADV.
advsv.JPG

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)