Alias Mafia - game abandoned/v long postgame up

approved by blazade (RIP)
hosted by me and only me

This is a 18 player 1v1 outside contact mafia game that uses aliases. Flavor will be randomized using Wikipedia's random article function. If you don't read the rules please just know that you are not allowed to copy/paste any part of your role pm, no exceptions.

rules
Teams
the village
the mafia
unidentified number of neutrals that may or may not exist

Game Progression
This game has night phases and day phases. Each will last 48 hours unless otherwise noted. The game will begin on Night 0, on which no kills will happen but any other role is applicable. If I decide to shorten the length of phases, I will announce this ahead of time. Extensions may be granted on a case-by-case basis.

Roles
Most players have a role they can use at night. They do so in the format specified by their role PM, by replying to the role conversation sent by me. Some players may have passive roles rather than active ones. Some might have both. Every role in the game is considered unique, ie no one else has the exact some role, although passive abilities may or may not be unique.

Aliases
Each player has an alias. This functions as your "username" for the purposes of roles and lynches. That means instead of targeting "Jalmont" with a role/vote, you will be targeting an alias, which a list of will be provided of in the OP of the game. Your alias is the most important piece of information you possess.

Lynches
Lynches occur during the day and take the form of a popular vote. To vote in the lynch, post some bolded variation of "lynch [alias]" or "vote [alias]" in the thread. Whoever receives the most votes in the lynch will die. Some players' votes may be worth more or less than the usual one vote. A vote count will not be provided. Players do not know what majority is and will not be told. The day phase will be extended if there is a ever a legitimate need, and this includes if a stealth lynch is happening (as evidenced by a large change in votes close to deadline). Please unbold previous votes if you decide to change your vote. You may not edit past posts to vote.

Priority
Actions have no priority except where explicitly noted. Actions just work unless interfered with by another player and you will always be told about this if the case. Feel free to ask for details on how your role works.

Death
Dead players cannot dead talk unless you are on a non-village faction for purposes of strategy. As a general rule, don't talk to players who are dead/not in the game about the game unless you clear it with me.

Winning
only one faction can win. a faction wins when it is the last faction standing.

Bamboozles
There are no bamboozles at all in this game. You can expect to fully trust all results. The host will never lie to you. I can't promise that you won't get bamboozled by your fellow players though.

Communication
This is an outside-communication enabled game. While screenshots and other forms of screen sharing are disallowed, any other method of communication about the game is valid, including but not limited to forum PMs, Discord, and carrier pigeon. Utilization of the Circus Maximus Discord channel is heavily recommended.

Etiquette
-Any Circus Maximus and Smogon rules not specifically listed in these rules still applies.
-Do not copy/paste your role PM or results, no exceptions. Paraphrasing, of course, is OK, and you may quote verbatim parts of your role PM which are impossible to paraphrase (such as your role name).
-NEW: Do not copy/paste conversations with the host. You can paraphrase though.
-Faking chatlogs is permitted - feel free to ask for assistance with this.
-Do not add other users to conversations that they weren't originally a part of without my approval.
-Add me to every Smogon conversation or Google Doc you create related to the game.
-I reserve the right to deem any action not listed here as being in violation of the rules and unsportsmanlike, and act accordingly.
-Don't be a douche. While not expressly required, good sportsmanship is highly recommended and quite commendable.

any questions or concerns pm me here on discord wherever you can find me. tell your friends! tell your family! tell your coworkers! if you are borderline about joining let me know so i can convince you! literally 0 experience necessary! should be a fun time. don't be shy! pls signup =]

Alive Playerlist (9/18)
Samoyed
MewtwoHidden
Cancerous
Duskfall
Whydon
apricity
Fear Only Rotten Toads
Hitmonleet
OM

Alias List - 14 Present
Swimming Leg
Redwood
Judgement
Shake Shack
Temperance
Gandolf
Jeff Probst
Duke Devlin
Red
Mess
Dying right about now
John Calvin
Logitech

Game Summary
The Lovers - left game N0
Blue - left game N0
Four Letters - joined game N0

In-N-Out - Aura Guardian - Mafia Alias Swapper Lynched Day 1
Four Letters - left game N1
Mess - joined game N1
Dying right about now - joined game N1
WARRIORS BLEW A 3-1 LEAD - joined game N1
Pot of Greed - NPC - NPC Lynched Day 2
WARRIORS BLEW A 3-1 LEAD - left game N2
Stardust Dragon - left game n2
John Calvin - joined game n2
Logitech - joined game n2
Justice - bluedoom - Neutral NPC Creator Lynched Day 3
Carapace - Alexander489 - Town Target Mayor died N3

Five Guys - zorbees - Town Results Stealer died N3
Propodus - Da Letter El - Town BPV/Backup died N3

The Exile - CsYager - Mafia Watcher Lynched Day 4
Cedar - Former - Town NPC Vigilante died N4
Biggs - tonithetourguide - Town Silencer died n4
Wedge - Moody - Town Lynch Securer Lynched Day 5

Jacaranda - left game n4 (removed end of day 5 due to my mistake)

Last edited:
Random assortment of information:

Please don't post until I give the OK.

I added this to the rules but as a heads up to everyone who is unfamiliar with aliases, your alias is very important. It functions as your username, which means that most, if not all roles target aliases and not usernames. A

Posting screenshots and quoting word-for-word from your role PM is banned. If you are unsure about something ask before doing it please and thank you!

All roles are unique.

If you think I made a mistake somewhere let me know ASAP!

Example Town Role PM:

JALMONT said:
Dear JALMONT,
You are Bluff, Kentucky.
Your ALIAS is PIKACHU.

Bluff is an unincorporated community located near the western border of Kentucky. I bet they're really good at poker games!

ACTION: VOTE NEGATOR - Each night you can target an alias and set that alias's vote to zero for the next day's vote. The alias's vote will return its normal value after the day has passed.
PASSIVE: None.

You are allied with the TOWN. You win when your team is last team standing.

Last edited:
You can play the game now. All PMs are out!

If you need help playing/want to talk about stuff I'm always free to talk with you as much as I can without biasing the game/sharing info. If you need clarification, please ask. No question is too silly or dumb or simple.

Also note that PMs might not be entirely consistent. Don't game around how I wrote stuff because I'm tired and I have a job to wake up to tomorrow.

No encryption.

I think that's it for now.

Day 1 starts in approx 72 hours or less if I get all actions. I will set a hard deadline time tomorrow.

Hullo friendo.
We find their aliases and lynch said aliases. This is just another layer of game mechanic to solve.
Claim if you believe there are gains to be had from your claiming. Otherwise don't. The enemies' capabilities are still unknown and it's not wise to unnecessarily give out free info.
If you find these answers helpful feel free to full claim to me on discord.

What is luck and how is it useful here?

Anyways it's important to note that we have no clue if anyone's role targets users or specific posts in-thread etc as only
Jalmost's second post in this thread said:
most, if not all roles target aliases
(he said that in this thread, so I'm assuming its ok to quote him on it)

For example, I find it hard to imagine trying to pull off a lie detector (or other post-targeting type of role) with aliases instead of picking a specific player's post.

Moving on, I just want to point out that I do not have a discord yet. I may end up making one for this game but at this point in time I prefer forum PMs, thanks.

Deadline is tomorrow night, 5/16 9:30 PM Pacific Time.

If you need an extension let me know but unless I get some good reasons the odds are very low of that happening.

The night has ended and with no one dead! That probably won't be happening again. It's the morning now. Now that you can see you notice that the alias list looks a bit different. The Lovers and Blue have left the game. Four Letters has joined the alias list.

Results going out now, don't post until I get them all out (I will post here again).

All results are out. If you think there is something wrong with your results or that I have made a mistake please let me know immediately.

You are know free to discuss the game again. Deadline in 48 hours 5/18 9:30 Pacific. Extensions/deadline time change requests will be considered (and more likely to be accepted the earlier they are).

In case it wasn't clear, you can vote to lynch an alias now, or no lynch if you'd like.

Please make sure to claim to me. I've been inspected as town by Bluedoom and without any sort of guilty checks, the only way to get a good D1 lynch is by sorting through role claims.

lynch in-n-out

It was discovered that this alias was swapped with another. Except the person who received the alias didn't claim this.

In addition, the person who originally had this alias had their results destroyed, indicating more than one role and the fact this was likely scum's doing.

In worst case, if this does flip town. We have two confirmed scum as a result.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)