Done Allow room owners to join invite only subrooms

clerica

fly me up to Jupiter
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Honestly this might be a bug idk but currently it seems that room owners aren't allowed to join invite only subrooms which seems potentially problematic for hopefully obvious reasons. This is made even funnier when you realize the room owner can set a subroom to invite only, and then proceed to lock themself out if they dc. Maybe this is intentional but I feel like this shouldn't happen?

Note this seems to only happen when someone else made the subroom. If the room owner made the subroom this doesn't happen
1653277893493.png

I join the subroom make it io
1653277919942.png

I refresh and am locked out and when I tried using the /subrooms command I still couldn't join

Mathy

F░U░R░R░E░T░ I░N░ B░I░O░
is a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
I consider this a bug, for a couple reasons:

1. you're supposed to be # in a srgc you make even if you're already # in the parent room ok i misread. socks wasnt the creator
2. /roomauth says that "(groupchat) is a modjoin % subroom of (parent), so (parent) users of rank % and above also have authority in this room." which is mostly false because the parent roomauth still can't join the room without being invited.

As it's currently implemented, modjoin only checks the target roomauth (not the parent room) and global auth, which there's a chance is intended but the /roomauth text implies otherwise.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)