Rejected Allow Users to Add Bios

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is a pretty straightforward one I believe. allowing users to add a bio/about me for themselves will let other users know about their hobbies, favorite Pokemon, tiers they play, or just normal irl information about them if they so choose. it can also help new users better identify staff from regular users if the staff members choose to add information about themselves as new users tend to confuse between the two which is quite understandable given how overwhelming PS! can be when you're on it for the first time. it can also help users find people with the same passions and likings as them which helps grow the community. not much else to say, have a nice day.

Hecate

Be the serpent under't
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Admin
I'm not a huge fan of this from a policy or dev point of view.

Policywise, I think it would be hell to moderate and provide yet more easy ways to be offensive / misbehave.

From a dev point of view, this would be extremely difficult both to persist and to display. Persistence would require either another huge database or a file that would be large enough as to potentially be a problem. As for UI, we're not set up for this at all. Maybe it could be in the "..." menu on the usercard, but it would be messy.

I don't really think the reward outweighs the work required.

Kiwi

free فلسطين
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
I think that an overarching problem here would be giving users the ability to write their own things. If everything was potentially incorporated into a preset of options such as Birthday (Year doesn't have to be shown for obvious reasons), favourite Pokemon, etc. Everything should be from a preset of options to make sure that no one has the ability to create something offensive. This would probably solve the moderation side.
In regards to the development side; I don't know if this would make it much easier, or even harder to put together as the overall options and pathways would differ. Then again, I could personally go without this, but I can see how it'd be a fun feature

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)