Other Metagames Alternatium: Double Trouble [Pet Mods RMT]

ViZar

your toast is burned
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Prepare for Trouble, and make it Double!
Some people might know, others won't know me, but that doesn't matter. I'm here to present one of my favourite metagames: Alternatium.
For those who are unfamiliar; Alternatium is a Pet Mod where only Pokémon with different formes are usable and every Pokemon got some changes to make this metagame more unique and fun. For further information, I'll link the thread here: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/alternatium-slate-21-voting.3683767/

What I love about this meta, is that it is really offensive, so I wanted to share a really offensive team.
:ss/deoxys-attack::ss/deoxys-speed::ss/sandslash::ss/eternatus::ss/linoone::ss/slowking-galar:
(click on the sprites for the team)

:ss/deoxys-attack:

60/115/75/115/75/110
Life Gem: Holder's attacks do 1.3x damage, and it loses 1/10 its max HP after the attack.

Gained: Meteor Beam, Stone Edge, Draco Meteor, Dragon Pulse, Outrage, Dragon Claw, Scale Shot, U-turn, Explosion
Lost: Thunder, Thunderbolt
Inspired by Lead Deoxys-A in Gen 4 and 5 Ubers, I wanted to use something similar for this team. The issue is that Life Gem makes Focus Sash useless due to the recoil. With that in mind, I made it more support oriented, with Taunt beating other leads and preventing Defog and Spikes to lay some hazards for the team to abuse. Extreme Speed is basically a suicide move when it has below 10% HP and it has better priority, so it can outrun faster Pokemon. Ghost-types are immune to Extreme Speed, but this is where Knock Off comes in, as it cripples Ghosts like Rotom, both Giratinas, Silvally-Ghost, both Aegis and Corsoul (:corsola-galar:).

:ss/deoxys-speed:

50/90/85/90/85/140
Power Core
: Immunity to hazards and any kind of stat changes.

Gained: Fire Blast, Fire Lash, Flamethrower, Flare Blitz, Overheat, Swords Dance
The reason I called this team Double Trouble isn't because of two Deoxys formes, but both of them have Focus Sash. Deoxys-Speed has an amazing hazard immunity, so it can keep its Focus Sash in tact nicely, which allows it to beat Pokemon, that would normally revenge kill it like common Choice Scarfers Silvally (any form) and Thundurus-Therian, priority users like Silvally-Normal, Giratina-Shadow (:giratina-origin:) or Genesect-Password with a Chill Drive. Stealth Rock is there to punish switching and weakening its checks throughout a game.

:ss/sandslash:

79/125/75/69/85/97

Gained
: Quick Attack, Fake Out, Play Rough, Fire Punch
Next, I wanted to add Hazard Removal, but it should not use Defog. Reason is that I wanted to keep the Spikes and Stealth Rock as long as possible. Sandslash-Lustrous is the best Spinner, since it beats Giratina who is immune to Flying thus being able to block Defog, and being able to be a late game Sweeper thanks to SD and the Speed Boost from Rapid Spin. Earthquake is its second STAB, but Fire Punch is there to beat Rotom-Fan, who is a Steel/Flying Pokemon with Delta Stream.

:ss/eternatus:

90/70/60/130/95/110

Gained
: Taunt, Calm Mind
Lost: Eternabeam, Draco Meteor

Dynamax Cannon: 100 BP, 90% Accuracy, 8 PP, Now has a 40% chance to lower Sp. Def.
Eternatus serves as a Kyogre-Primal check for this team, which is one of the most threatening Pokemon in the tier. Eternatus in itself is also a threatening Pokemon, with its great STABs and Flamethrower. Toxic punishes the Pokemon that can tank its hits and Magic Bounce prevents shenanigans from defensive Pokemon like Rotom, Slowbro, both Weezings and both Crowned Wolves (:zamazenta-crowned::zacian-crowned:).

:ss/linoone:

73/103/73/127/97/97

Gained
: U-turn, Moonblast, Hyper Voice, Earth Power, Focus Blast, Vacuum Wave
Lost: Belly Drum
Linoone is another breaker for this team, who takes advantage of a weakened opposing team. It can snowball with Beast Boost and outrun faster Pokemon with its STAB Extreme Speed. U-turn is there to get out of unfavourable situations. Its Moonblast and Thunderbolt coverage can beat much of the metagame, so it late game sweep alongside Deoxys-S or Sandslash-L or both.

:ss/slowking-galar:

95/55/100/110/100/30

Gained
: Toxic, Toxic Spikes, Corrosive Gas, Dark Pulse
Lost: Expanding Force
Slowking-Galar offers some much needed backbone to this team while also being a Pokemon that is really hard to switch into. It has great match-ups against Deoxys-Gem (:deoxys-attack:), Deoxys-Speed, Kyogre-Primal, Swordeo (:keldeo-resolute:), Eternatus, Pikachu-Starter, Rotom-Heat, Rotom-Mow and many more. It doesn't have a pivoting option, which can suck since this team likes it momentum, but it is a necessary evil on this team.

Threatlist

:ss/sandslash:
Sandslash-L completely runs other this team, when it doesn't get chipped and manages to switch into a Pokemon safely without being crippled a bit. The only way to beat it is to chip it into Extreme Speed range from Linoone, which ranges from 37.4% - 44.4%.

:ss/groudon-primal:
While Slowking-G can check it, it gets overwhelmed by the combination of Desolate Magma and Earth Power. In addition to that, its Overheats and Stealth Rocks can pressure this team pretty easily.

:ss/landorus:
The only way to beat this Pokemon is to outrun it with Deoxys-S, when it isn't Scarf, or to tank one, yeah only one, hit with Slowking-G and pray that you can Scald burn it into Extreme Speed range from Linoone.

That's it with my RMT. Hope you enjoyed! ^^​

woo

You'll be UNDER MY WHEELS
is a Pre-Contributor
LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ViZar my man, this team of yours looks cool as hell. It has the ability to pressure every common wall in the metagame if you do the right plays, i like it! Sandslash-L is my favorite mon of the mod in terms of playstyle, and i absolutely love SD sets. Good Job!

Paulluxx

[Regional Manager of Big Shifu]
is a Community Contributor
Very cool RMT bro, I don’t know much about the meta but it looks like you prepped for most threats in the builder. I’m gonna need to make another RMT. myself sometime soon. But good job bro!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)