Anyone else here have unaccredited degree?

I am considering college with an unaccredited school called Christian Leaders Institute, but may want a master’s in the field so am worried.

You shouldn't be attending an unaccredited school at all. Don't even think about it if you are entertaining the idea of master's down the road.

What's even the appeal of this school? It sounds dreadful after a quick Google search. Can't you just attend community college and then transfer to a 4-year University?

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Is it loans that are stopping you from attending an accredited Bible college or seminary? If you want an (actual) bachelor's in Divinity or Theology, find an accredited school, especially if you want to be a full time pastor of a major denomination. Of course you can go non-denominational but that usually involves starting your own church (you will be extremely poor until you build up a sizable congregation, after which you will only be very poor) or taking over for an existing pastor when he retires. If you're being called to be a pastor, you should do what it takes, but an unaccredited school is not the way to go imo.

Edit:
lol @ below, just looked up at my custom title. Oh well, it's a great song and luckily not a real condition.

Last edited:

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
i have a coworker who had a situation like this, you should only go if theyre gonna pay all your shit and then some, because youre going to have to go back to an accredited school at some point if you decide to go. dont get got by a cult posing as a learning institution, and expect to rely on your work experience for employment, both during and after, if you decide to go. probably a waste of time even if they pay your way.

basically only if theyre offering to pay everything+ some type of further compensation AND you are hoping to become an artist and you need to make a portfolio fsr. otherwise probably a bad use of time and certainly money

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)