AG Anything Goes Ladder Tournament III - Won by Ktutverde

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ktütverde

of course
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Without input from other people I would have forfeited before anyone had time to contact upper staff/TD. So I'm glad there was people in the chat who saved me from a possible infraction/ban. Higher ranked users like Chloe and Pigeons told me not to ff, so that's the main reason why I didn't. Then yeah, everyone was talking and it was a mess, but I mainly followed the advice from the highest ranked users.

I've been told that my logic made no sense. Why I clicked BP in the first place, it's just because I didn't want to make the game look silly, and to show my HO had some special tech, that it wasn't complete bullshit, that it could actually win (ofc when I picked it it was because there was a DD ttar, but I remembered too late that the actual tech was BP gliscor, which wasn't allowed). If I were bacon, I would have liked to see ktut putting up a fight -even at the cost of breaking the rules, as long as he ffs before the end-, not just losing like that g3. So revealing BP would just explain why the team seemed kinda ineffective without gliscor's support. Maybe bacon is just a winner and didnt care about what gliscor was doing in the team, but if I were him, I would have wanted to see the BP, to finally understand the team's structure.

And finally, why the fuck did I bring BP gliscor? I have no idea. As I said, I choose my teams right before challenging my oppo, and since I trust my past self who built them, don't double check them most of the time (for instance it caused me to have whirlpool instead of whirlwind lugia vs chloe, and to have a wack Zacian set made for ladder without behemoth blade against bacon g2). I don't focus much and am not very serious about tournaments atm, so I have wrong sets, pick the wrong team, forget what sets I'm using in particular in X team.... Gliscor was SD without BP at some point as a Dmax sweeper similar to ORAS OU SD gliscor, so maybe I was thinking of it subconsciously, who knows. Ben also pointed out that BP is only used on Smeargle in AG, so realizing gliscor is carrying BP kinda needed a conscious effort which didn't happen when I was picking a team at random with the only criteria being "don't lose 6-0" and "make g3 fun": seeing a DD ttar team is usually enough to trigger my finger and accepting the challenge without any conscious thought occurring at all.

All in all, that was dumb af, and yeah next time I'll ff before the shitstorm happens, but anyway I'm not gonna make agreements anymore, and neither should you if you don't want to find yourself in the same spot as me ig

Last edited:

ADF Test

Banned deucer.
Without input from other people I would have forfeited before anyone had time to contact upper staff/TD. So I'm glad there was people in the chat who saved me from a possible infraction/ban. Higher ranked users like Chloe and Pigeons told me not to ff, so that's the main reason why I didn't. Then yeah, everyone was talking and it was a mess, but I mainly followed the advice from the highest ranked users.

I've been told that my logic made no sense. Why I clicked BP in the first place, it's just because I didn't want to make the game look silly, and to show my HO had some special tech, that it wasn't complete bullshit, that it could actually win (ofc when I picked it it was because there was a DD ttar, but I remembered too late that the actual tech was BP gliscor, which wasn't allowed). If I were bacon, I would have liked to see ktut putting up a fight -even at the cost of breaking the rules, as long as he ffs before the end-, not just losing like that g3. So revealing BP would just explain why the team seemed kinda ineffective without gliscor's support. Maybe bacon is just a winner and didnt care about what gliscor was doing in the team, but if I were him, I would have wanted to see the BP, to finally understand the team's structure.

And finally, why the fuck did I bring BP gliscor? I have no idea. As I said, I choose my teams right before challenging my oppo, and since I trust my past self who built them, don't double check them most of the time (for instance it caused me to have whirlpool instead of whirlwind lugia vs chloe, and to have a wack Zacian set made for ladder without behemoth blade against bacon g2). I don't focus much and am not very serious about tournaments atm, so I have wrong sets, pick the wrong team, forget what sets I'm using in particular in X team.... Gliscor was SD without BP at some point as a Dmax sweeper similar to ORAS OU SD gliscor, so maybe I was thinking of it subconsciously, who knows. Ben also pointed out that BP is only used on Smeargle in AG, so realizing gliscor is carrying BP kinda needed a conscious effort which didn't happen when I was picking a team at random with the only criteria being "don't lose 6-0" and "make g3 fun": seeing a DD ttar team is usually enough to trigger my finger and accepting the challenge without any conscious thought occurring at all.

All in all, that was dumb af, and yeah next time I'll ff before the shitstorm happens, but anyway I'm not gonna make agreements anymore, and neither should you if you don't want to find yourself in the same spot as me ig
u won. gg

Iguana

formerly mc56556
First of all, big congrats to my friends Ktut and Bacon for such impressive runs this AGLT! Really, very well done to you both.

I want to strongly echo everything Megazard said in his first post after the series. The idea of modchatting all AG tournament games is one I'm solidly behind. There is really no reason to allow it anyway. If you'd like to support a particular player, feel free to voice that in the chatroom; if you'd like to speculate on sets, do that with a friend (obviously not either of the players) over PMs or in a private groupchat. Running commentary in tournament matches is not good, nor is borderline set speculation. SPL matches are almost always modchatted (barring the very rare exception usually due to a TD or player forgetting and no one commenting in the match). This may sound draconian, but honestly it was one of my biggest takeaways after yesterday that these matches should all be modchatted.

I personally disagree with how the whole "if you forfeit, I'll infract you" situation went, but we don't need to get into it.

Megazard's point about leaving the AG chatroom for matches is also well taken. To use the SPL example again, many players will leave the Lobby chatroom before they begin their match. You'll hear Pokémon YouTube commentators like BKC comment on this from time to time about how so-and-so has left the chatroom and the match is about to begin. It's about risk minimization. The worst case scenario is that a player reads, even accidentally, some of the set speculation and that influences how they play the game.

Overall an unfortunate end to what was a very exciting finals and AGLT overall. But I don't want this to overshadow the tremendous job that Bacon and Ktut both did as they made their way through the tournament. Congratulations again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)