AG Anything Goes Seasonal - GRAND FINALS (Won by Kong Harald)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus

Welcome to the Anything Goes Spring Seasonal! This seasonal will be part of the 2019 OM Tournament Circuit. Entering in this seasonal will earn you the points for an overall OM leaderboard, which contributes to achieving the prestigious OM Ribbon!

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • The banlist for this tournament is the same as the Anything Goes ladder of the Smogon University server of Pokemon Showdown, and can be found here.
  • Best of three, double elimination.
  • If metagame changes occur during the middle of a round, they will take effect in the subsequent round.
  • Battles must take place on Pokemon Showdown!.
  • US/UM cartridge win conditions are in place; there are no ties.
  • Replays are required.
Finals:
default0 vs Kong Harald
Kong Harald is required to beat default0 in two sets of Bo3s in order to win. default0 only has to win one set, since this is a double elimination and he has yet to lose a round.

Don't take too long.

Silent Mobius

Banned deucer.
Here we are at the final stages of the current tour that matters most. Default Dan Wham vs King Kong Harald. Both players have at long last reached the summit of Mt. Everest; braving treacherous winds, extreme cold temperatures and a decrease in oxygen. Default has remained unbeaten this entire tour, knocking off many contenders in thrilling fashion--stripping the wings of the mighty falcon, sizzling gammon, and blocking off the rays of the morning sun. In his way is the mighty Kong. Despite having a minor blip in his journey, Kong has persevered through the loser's bracket--traversing past GRNBLN( to this day I still have no idea what that stands for), passing through the tucker death mix and slaughtering the dangerous pig. Only the winner shall be granted the opportunity to enter the secret cavern which holds the winner's trophy.

Prediction:
Both players have looked very good in their recent battles and both have done it in their own ways. Default has used unorthodox stuff, while Kong has done it with more standard stuff. While winning two bo3's against a good player is not easy, it is certainly not impossible based on HB's four consecutive wins vs Megazard last year in ssnl finals. The teams Kong uses may be standard, but are a bit better imo and that will ultimately decide the finals. King Kong Harald defeats Default Dan Wham 2-0, 2-1. Gl to both players and may the best man win.

Kong Harold:

VS.
Default:

Last edited:
Won the finals! Thanks to everyone who encouraged me along the way, particularly Silent Mobius - your predictions were among the reasons why I kept going when I had much stuff going on.

Props to my opponent default0 for going undefeated until finals with some unorthodox pokemon and sets. Always fun to see fresh ideas succeed!

Set 1:
Game 1 (Team made by ice-master-523. Thanks - CM Ogre is really good..! )
Game 2

Set 2:
Game 3
Game 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)