Sign-Up Apprentice Program Signups: SS Doubles OU

Megagr

known as spiny anteaters
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Assigned to sawamura

Username: Megagr
PS! Username: Megagr
Your timezone: GMT +2 (will be GMT+1 from 31 october to 28 march)
Usual Hours of Availability: usually after dinner but sometimes i can be able to do it before
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): i never played competitive for real, i usually stick to randbats or cc1v1 without really putting too much effort into it. In the past 2 years i sometimes played some tier more seriously, mostly monotype, 1v1 and dOU (all gen 7), and i was in top 500 in all these 3 but i never did better than that. Between the 3 i loved playing dOU and i really want to be a good player of this tier in gen8. I also spoke a bit to sawamura lately and, if possible, i prefer to be assigned to them.
Are you able to use discord?: Yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
Assigned to Yellow Paint

Username: Itchyy
PS! Username: Ltchy
Your timezone: -5
Usual Hours of Availability: I can practically guarantee 1pm to 5pm on weekends, but if those don't work, I can schedule time in my afternoons on weekdays or mornings any day starting around 9am, as necessary. I will be available for tutoring starting July 8th
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have been playing 1v1 and 2v2 on Pokémon Showdown! for about a year, and recently took an interest in DOU. I entered the most recent seasonal and OSDT, using teams passed by a 2v2 friend, and I have played on the DOU ladder, all to limited success. The formats I play most often are very quick, and do not allow switching, so I struggle the most with long-term planning and knowing when to switch/sack. I look forward to improving my battling skills, and I hope this is an enjoyable experience for you too >~<
Are you able to use Discord?: Yep!
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yep!

Assigned to: Memoric

Username: blubird252
PS! Username: blubird
Your timezone: gmt + 3
Usual Hours of Availability: sundays cause that's my only day off of work
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): been playing mons for a few years. dou looks nice. just wanna have fun with the tier
Are you able to use Discord?: y
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: y

Assigned to sawamura

Username: Ardy
PS! Username: winterloom67
Your timezone: EST (GMT -4)
Usual Hours of Availability: After 10 on weekdays, usually all day on sundays
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Ive been playing competitive since BW first came out, have played every gen OU since then, and Gen 6 onward UU and RU as well. Very little experience in Doubles (basically just the odd Doubles randbats) and I've got the itch to learn now. I know the basics of theory, since I read the discussion threads every now and then for fun and I keep up with Flying Press and used to read the Smog, but theres probably gaps in my knowledge I would love to fill.
Are you able to use Discord?: y
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: y

Pix

formerly PixxelsVGC
Assigned to Yellow Paint

Username: Pixxels
PS! Username: Pixxels or Pixxels VGC
Your timezone: GMT + 3
Usual Hours of Availability: Almost free after 1pm till 10pm (This might change when school starts. If my school starts I would be around from 3:00PM till 10:30 PM)
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):I have been playing VGC since 2020. I have had alot of success with VGC with making Top 16(plyrs: 39) in BDC and Top 16 in Mt.Silver (plyrs :64+) and other grassroots tourneys. I have battled against alot of top player in VGC. As for DOU I am quite okayish at it I have 65-70% GXE and 1400 (iirc). I want to learn more of DOU since I really like playing with 2 mons on the field. I have posted some stuff on the Doubles OU forum from what I have seen while playing the meta game.
Are you able to use Discord?: yes sir
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes sir

Username: SuperiorHolmes
PS! Username: SuperiorHolmes
Your timezone: +8 GMT
Usual Hours of Availability: 12PM - 4PM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
I've been playing doubles and VGC in Showdown for 4 years now and 1400+ is the farthest I could get in VGC and doubles tiers so far as my time allows me to play. I am very resourceful when doing my researches in every current meta changes and am very eager to be taught. I also play competitive doubles in PokeMMO and loves competing in every tournament within my availability.
Are you able to use Discord?:
Yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
Yes

Assigned to Yellow Paint

Username: Red Witch
PS! Username: AkaiMajo
Your timezone: Pacific Standard Time (UTC -8:00)
Usual Hours of Availability: Most weekdays from 5:00PM-8:00PM; dependent on work schedule; Sundays from 12PM-3PM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I am very bad at it. The more I play, the more I realize I understand absolutely nothing. This is not like the competitive fighting games I play, and I feel very lost; need someone to guide me because these YouTube tutorials are NOT cutting it.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yup.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Mmhm. I can read.

Personal Note: I promise i'm not here to waste anyone's time. Competitive video games are a comfortable environment for me and I understand that I need to learn. Please don't hold the soft requirements against me; i'd post on the forums, but i'm generally the lurker type unless it is a IRC style chatroom *cough, Discord*, or I have relevant data to add; of which I do not currently for Pokemon.

omicorio

Am I rich now?
Username: omicorio
PS! Username: omicorio
Timezone: GMT -6
Availability: whenever
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Started playing mons again in like sept 2020, and only really got into it in Feb after getting tutored in ND. I've been playing DOU for quite a bit but mostly just friendlies & random ladder stunts and would like to improve myself in it.
Are you able to use Discord?: ye, omi#8005
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yea

Assigned to Yoda2798

Username: NinjaSnapple
PS! Username: NinjaSnapple
Your timezone: BST (GMT +1)
Usual Hours of Availability: 12am - 8pm (though this depends entirely on work schedule)
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I got into showdown around november 2020 and at first only played the singles formats. But then about 4-5 months ago I started playing Doubles OU and I have really enjoyed it and played on ladder quite a lot. But I feel like I have hit a ceiling in terms of my skill and am looking to improve at the format.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes (NinjaApple#8687)

Assigned to Yoda2798

Username: Mack Knife
PS! Username: Mack Knife
Your timezone: EST (gmt -4)
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekends when football isn't on and weekdays after 4pm. My work schedule fluctuates tho.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started poking around ps and smogon at the start of sm. Got into it for a while then quit. I have always really loved doubles and it's funny community. Really struggling with building and knowing whether plays are good or not. Would like to get good and stuff; would help my shitposts.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes (Mack Knife#2233)

Username:
KaiRafa
PS! Username:
KaiRaafa
Your timezone:
GMT +2
Usual Hours of Availability:
3-6PM (Monday - Thursday) 3-9PM (Friday - Sunday)
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):

I started playing in 2018 but at that time I did not understand English well so I had stopped playing it, and was playing competitively in the pokemon games of nintendo 3Ds / Nintendo Switch, 2 years later in July I created an account to play showdown in July of 2020 and I liked the DOU tier and I started to play it with my friend who taught me some strategies, due to studies I stopped playing showdown for a long time, until I returned at this time because I felt like it.

Are you able to use Discord?:
Yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
Yes

I would like to have a Spanish speaking tutor because my main language is Spanish, I would prefer the tutor "Zikam"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)