ASB Adventure Battles Community Feedback Thread (Current Topic: Items)

Universal Moves:

I believe we should remove several of the Universal Moves, primarily Dragon Dance, Headbutt, Quiver Dance, Stomp, and Strength. I think we can also remove mention of the Universal Commands, and just slip a reminder that Universal Commands can be used by both Trainers and Pokémon.

Universal Abilities:

I believe that we can leave the abilities that were used in types also in the Universal Abilities. We just need to make sure that the Abilities that are duplicated are more expensive to purchase outside their designated type, I think.

Drawback Abilities:

Perhaps alter how these work? Slow Start, Traunt, and Defeatist increase Attack and Special Attack by one Rank each, instead of giving points to spend, maybe?
Klutz, the way I envision it, may need to have its cost increased slightly. After all, it disables all items the user has, as well as the moves that the user gains from such items. No weapons, no shields, no backpacks, or medicines can be used by the trainer when Klutz is active.

Other Notes:

Also, a question. When I created this, I had made it so that Trainers could not be affected by Pokémon medicine (Potion, Revive, and such). Should we keep it that way, or should we allow trainers to be affected as well?

Ok, taking a look at abilities:
  • Forewarn: not many people use subs in AB. I dunno if this really deserves to be worth 10 points.
  • Analytic: +2 BAP for being slower is huge IMO, considering humans aren't really fast. Should be more expensive IMO.
  • Clear Body: I... don't really get why this is SO expensive. I guess you are saved from Intimidates. Do drops stay between battles? Because if they do not, then this has no reason to be this expensive.
  • Contrary: Unless you can get Overheat and the like, this is not worth 20 points. If you do get Superpower and stuff, then you can leave it like that.
  • Hustle: Should be worth at least 5 points IMO. Extra power and you can always have Gravity support.
  • Inner Focus: Is anti-flinch really so good? Maybe 10 points?
  • Magician: Useless since humans can't equip items. Unless you modify it or something.
  • Magic Guard: Not entirely sure this should be available. Or, at the very least, to everyone. Just my opinion.
  • Pressure: Do enemies really have EN? And if they do, do they ever get anywhere near depleting it? I know, for a fact, that bosses don't, so...
  • Rattled: Not worth 15 points IMO. No one is using an attack of these types unless it is their STAB r you are weak, and it is going to hurt and you only get a Speed boost, which really isn't that powerful. 5 points imo, 10 at most.
  • Sheer Force: 15 points please. We all know this one is godly. Unless you don't even get many moves that it affects, don't really remember the movepools.
  • Skill Link: Is this so cheap by design? Because it is a great ability, unless movepools suck more than I remember.
  • Sniper: So, Sheer Force is 10 points and this is 20. Eeeh ok, I guess a lot of sword moves do have high critical hit chance. Take it down to 15 IMO.
  • Speed Boost: Not powerful. You are slow until after 2 boosts and are spending EN at the end of every round. 10 points would be a better place for it.
  • Stall: Make it at least 5 points. This is a great ability.
  • Super Luck: High Critical Hit moves + Super Luck = good stuff. 10 points I would say.
Now regarding your questions:
  1. Should be ok to have duplicated abilities as long as they are more expensive if you are not of the type that has it duplicated.
  2. Drawback abilites are pretty cool, but they are free points for support and defensive trainers. I really dunno what you can do with them, to tell the thruth.
Let's now look at the moves!
  • Dragon Dance / Calm Mind / QUIVER DANCE: A little too powerful? And weird, at least Dragon Dance and Quiver Dance.
  • Stomp: I don't really see a human stomping Pokémon. Bear with me.
  • Swords Dance: Give it to swords IMO.
  • Nasty Plot: Dark type stuff IMO.
And about what ED said: I feel that humans not being affected by Potions and stuff is ok, even if that does make the gap between trainer and Pokémon bigger. Which I'm ok with since I feel like the Pokémon should be trying to protect the trainer, who should be frailer.

Last edited:
i didnt get tagged im doing things i swear

ALSO I TOTALLY FORGOT TO BRING THIS UP CAN WE MAKE WALKING AROUND NOT USE EN

All right, here's a status update for you all!

===================================
Universal Abilities:

For now, we're going to use the following list. It's still open to changes however. The general changes I've made are as follows:
  • Changed to fit tavok's suggestions (save Speed Boost)
  • Made most previously "Free" Abilities at least 5 Points. Idea here is that we'll need points for most of this stuff outside of a few Free ones if you don't have any points left
  • Made the abilities that were also on a typing list either equal to or 5 Points greater than you do by a type...
...Well, that last one's not entirely true. Turns out when we made our lists we didn't take the general abilities into account, so when I edited the list, I found there were some abilities that didn't make sense to make that high. For now though, here's a tentative list:

Analytic (15 Points)
Anger Point (10 Points)
Anticipation (10 Points)
Battle Armor (10 Points)
Clear Body (10 Points)
Competitive (10 Points)
Contrary (15 Points)
Dry Skin (15 Points)
Early Bird (5 Points)
Flare Boost (5 Points)
Forewarn (15 Points)
Frisk (10 Points)
Gluttony (5 Points)
Healer (20 Points)
Hustle (15 Points)
Infiltrator (20 Points)
Inner Focus (10 Points)
Insomnia (10 Points)
Intimidate (10 Points)
Keen Eye (5 Points)
Limber (5 Points)
Mold Breaker (20 Points)
Moody (10 Points)
Moxie (10 Points)
Natural Cure (5 Points)
No Guard (20 Points)
Overcoat (10 Points)
Own Tempo (10 Points)
Quick Feet (5 Points)
Rattled (10 Points)
Rebound (10 Points)
Reckless (5 Points)
Regenerator (10 Points)
Rough Skin (10 Points)
Run Away (0 Points)
Serene Grace (25 Points)
Sheer Force (15 Points)
Simple (5 Points)
Skill Link (15 Points)
Sniper (10 Points)
Soundproof (5 Points)
Speed Boost (15 Points)
Stall (10 Points)
Steadfast (10 Points)
Super Luck (15 Points)
Tangled Feet (0 Points)
Technician (20 Points)
Thick Fat (20 Points)
Toxic Boost (5 Points)
Unaware (10 Points)
Unburden (5 Points)
Unnerve (10 Points)

Subject to change.

=====================================
Universal Moves:

The list we ended up with was as follows:

Bulk Up
Calm Mind
Growl
Leer
Meditate
Pound
Rage
Slam
Struggle
Tackle
Tickle

Bodyblock
Chill
Dodge
Shift
Take Cover

Unless you guys have any complaints about this, this is the list we'll go with.
================================
Administrative:

In the conversation, I went over a bunch of changes with the council. They...for the most part, they haven't posted very much, so what you see here is mostly tentative, but this is a few things that will likely be implemented.

1. Walking no longer costs Energy! It was mostly decided that, while this did present more realism and a sort of semi timer, it's a bit of a pain to keep track of and doesn't really do a whole lot.

2. We'll be separating each part of the Adventure Battle into the following Phases. Mind, this is more or less what we were doing before, this is just here to codify that and help make it more clear to the players what they are expected to do. They also do not have to be in any specific order, it's just a nice convenient codification tool.

Maxim said:
1. Phases

For this, I'm thinking about dividing up each and every Adventure Battle up into four phases. To be more specific

• Adventure Phase, the trainer explores the area to find the next activity to partake in, typically by investigating something in the enviroment or moving to the next area. We may be able to solve one of the biggest problems this way, recovery outside of battle, by making an overall limit on recoveries/chills outside of battle for the AB itself. Then we can limit the players to X/Y Recoveries per adventure phase. A good example of this is the door to the boss chamber in To Defy the End 1.
  • Puzzle Phase, this looks a bit like the Adventure Phase, but instead there's a clear goal, you need to get from point A to B, and need to figure out a way past the obstacles. Unlike TLRs where you choose option A and get hurt or option B to get hurt, this one is more about being presented a situation, and then finding a way to succeed. I'll have a few more details on this below. An okay example of this would be actually opening the door in To Defy the End 1
  • Encounter Phase, This is more or less where battle is not guaranteed, but the players can start it if they say or do the wrong things. How this would work is that the ref would come up with responses for the "enemy" player, and if it triggers something in the notes that say "Attack the trainer", then they will do that. Sometimes this might be as simple as moving to the next area. A good example of this is the Nosepass encounter in To Defy the End 1.
  • Battle Phase. Self Explanatory, they fight, and they fight until one of them drops or runs away. Boss phases are similar, except they usually bar the allied forces from fleeing.
So that's my spiel
3. For the Puzzle Phases above, I had in mind a Subjectivity Scale. A scale, determined by the Adventure Battle designer, that gives a guide to refs as to how much damage or energy loss should be incurred. The scale itself should be the same for all AB's, but the punishments should be different from puzzle phase to puzzle phase. When the player goes through that phase, they decide on a course of action to take, then the referee decides how feasible of a solution that should be. This works a lot like combination moves, it's subjective given how reasonable the proposed solution is. To give an example:

Maxim said:
2. Puzzle Phase

So I mentioned the puzzle phases above. One cool way we can do this is by implementing a system I had an idea for, the Subjectivity Scale. Basically, this would work as follows

Encounter: Gorge

There's a wide, gaping gorge 5 Units long between you and the path ahead. What do you do?

Unlike TLR's where there's a set path A or path B, the trainers will have to come up with something. That's where the scale comes in. This standardizes the costs relative to how successful the ref thinks that will solve the puzzle.

Subjectivity Scale:
Very Reasonable: -7 Energy all team members
Somewhat Reasonable: -10 Energy all team members
Iffy: -15 Energy all Team Members
Not Reasonable: -15 HP all Team Members
Too Dumb to Live: -25 HP and -10 Energy All Team Members

Eh, it needs a bit of refining, but I think this is pretty good myself.
4. Transport moves do need a significant overhaul. What I mean of course is the HM moves, like Fly, and other moving moves, such as Dig and Teleport. Essentially, they can make most puzzle phases into a breeze. My idea is to make them cost a TON of energy, that way they're still a last resort option if there's no other way past a puzzle, but they are a costly one. I have a few examples here, but they definitely need work.

Maxim said:
3. Transport Moves

The main issue I'm having here is that stuff like Fly, Flying types, Teleport, and Dig can really trivialize a lot of the puzzle phases if they work as normal, thus I'm planning on Implementing the following

Fly: Flying types + Levitators without the move Fly, as well as Pokemon with Fly but without those moves, cannot fly naturally. They can "Bounce" to places of 1 Unit or less without the move fly, but can only take themselves there, and have a Cooldown of 1 Action after landing. Flying Types + Levitators with Fly can fly themselves and one human passenger, but spend 5 Energy for each Unit traveled without a load, and 8 Energy for each Unit Traveled with.
Teleport: Energy is unchanged, but Pokemon can only teleport themselves, and only to a destination within their line of sight.
Dig: Pokemon with the move Dig can burrow into the ground, creating a path for 7 Energy per Unit traveled.

These need to be more eloquently put, but you get the picture. Basically these act as get out of jail free cards for an exorborant amount of energy. Units are just a standardized distance that would be set for each Adventure Battle.

As for any debate with the Subjectivity Scale, the move as they are listed above usually win, but there are cases where that might not be the case. Needs discussion.
Eternal Drifter said:
Transport: Hmmm... I think I had something about this in the previous incarnation...

On Mounts:
Trainers can ride Pokémon, and some Pokémon can ride trainers. Trainers can even go where they couldn't normally with their Pokémon supporting them, even into the sky or across the sea. However, it is important to note that the carrier must be large enough to carry the one being carried, and must be able to support the creature they are carrying. The rider expends no energy for moving while mounted, while the mount expends energy as normal. The mount must be at least 1 size class larger than the rider.

On Mounts (Grounded):
Trainers seeking to ride their Pokémon need their Pokémon to have either an Attack or Defense rank of at least the trainer's weight class -1. This allows the trainer to ride their Pokémon, but the Pokémon will be unable to use any of its attacks, and can only move. In order for attacks to be used by the Pokémon, the Pokémon's Attack or Defense rank must be at least the trainer's weight class. Rapidash and Zebstrika can always be used as mounts, regardless of other factors.
(Should add Gogoat, Skiddo, Rhyhorn, and Mamoswine to the list)

On Mounts (Flying):
Trainers seeking to ride their Pokémon into the air need their Pokémon to have the Flying type or the Levitate ability, and either an Attack or Defense rank of at least the trainer's weight class. This allows the trainer to ride their Pokémon into the air, but the Pokémon will be unable to use any of its attacks, and can only move. In order for attacks to be used by the Pokémon, the Pokémon must have an Attack or Defense rank greater than the trainer's weight class, and have either the Flying type or Levitate ability.
(What should be done about Pokémon that have the flying type or levitate ability but lose it upon Mega-Evolution?)

On Mounts (Water-Bound):
(Not done, but should follow a similar rule to On Mounts (Grounded), and Lapras and Wailord should allow riding regardless of other factors. Should also have a wieght limit to prevent Trainers from loading their Pokémon with everything, which would cause them to sink into the water).

Teleport... I think we just need to increase the energy cost per being that is teleported.
5. The way bosses and battles work is getting a slight overhaul. Effectively, instead of going for a TLR system where it's mainly dependent upon the skill of the ref, or a raid system where it mostly depends on a complicated AI system, we're making them controlled by a hybrid system. To wit:

Maxim said:
4. AI

So far, we've had the enemies and bosses use the Ref for their AI, who to target and what move to use. I'd like to propose the following ideas to change this

• Reffing AI chooses a target based on a similar system to raids. That is, their target is determined by how much damage and healing is done by the opposition.
  • However, unlike raid AI, the ref gets to choose what is actually used. This allows for more strategy while (hopefully) avoiding the challengers just completely walling the enemy
  • Each encounter and boss would have a "Personality" that is hidden from the challengers. This gives the refs instructions (such as "Itsumo will never use Guillotine unless it is combined with Aerial Ace") that limit them to certain moves. This is mostly to avoid a TLR situation where the ref treats the threats before as cannon fodder to sacrifice to make the challenger's life miserable
6. Finally, I'm implementing a loot system. Basically, that means that enemies and bosses will often drop loot, either in the form of usable items, or in the form of loot that can be sold for CC, or rarely, UC. If you pick up a new usable item, you can either put it in a loot slot, or swap it out for your active item, which then cannot not be used until you either get a new usable item or get to the end of the dungeon. For those worried about farming these items for profit, I'm not sure what to do about that just yet. Either the items could be nerfed to a lower tier (more on that later), or we could make the trainers "claim" that relic and put it in their profile to make sure they can't copy it.

Maxim said:
5. Loot Items

Finally, I have an idea for that third backpack. Essentially, there would be these loot items, they would have no direct effect, but if the trainer successfully completes the chapter, they make off with the CC or UC that Loot is worth. However, and Active Items that are found would also take up a loot slot (and would probably have to be swapped out with a current active item if they wanted to get around that). If you do not have the loot slot for that, you'll have to get rid of one of your other pieces of loot. Thoughts?
7. Which brings me to this. The new Adventure Battles will likely have two or three new threads. The first will be the general thread, which is where you will sign up for an Adventure Battle. The second thread would be a trainer claiming thread, where users could claim new stuff for their trainer. The possible third thread would be a trainer profile thread, where after their stuff is approved, users can post the link to that trainer profile. Only issue with that third one is that it might be better to just have that be part of the general Registration Tower Profiles. I'm not sure yet.

====================================
Items:

So, this is actually the thing I need the most help with. I had a system in mind that I'm currently working on, but IAR brought up a good point the other day, a potential skill tree. To quote my post asking the council for help...

Maxim said:
More advice for the above ideas would be nice....

Anyways, got something I need you guys to discuss...like we can't progress without it (well we can, but I'll end up defaulting to my original plan and ignoring stuff in the future :P)

Namely, IAR brought up an interesting idea on IRC tonight:

[20:07] <~Its_A_Random> the easiest implementation of a skill tree is when you use an item and win, you get skill points for that weapon class >_>
[20:09] <~Its_A_Random> say I want do an AB and have a human equipped with boomerangs, if I win an AB, I get skill points for boomerangs and if I get enough something happens like I learn bonemerang or something

I've almost finished up with my tiered items idea, however, I feel like this system might be a little closer to what the original AB did, and thus warrants consideration. Currently, I see three ways we could do items in the new AB.

1. Tiered Items

The idea I've been working on for the past week or so, is that we can split items into tiers. The basic idea behind this is that the each trainer has an item, then upgrades it the more they clear harder Adventure Battles. Each Tier (besides Tier 0, which is a temporary lousy item) has two items, a basic and an upgrade. Once they have the upgrade, they can go to the next tier, but only with counters obtained from the next tier of AB.

To Illustrate what I'm talking about, here's how I would label each AB in a standard eight chapter setting.

Chapter 1: Tier 1 Difficulty: Gives some Adventure Counters
Chapter 2: Tier 1 Difficulty: Gives several Adventure Counters
Chapter 3: Tier 2 Difficulty: Gives some Heroism Badges, a few Adventure Counters
Chapter 4: Tier 2 Difficulty: Gives several Heroism Badges
Chapter 5: Tier 3 Difficulty: Gives some Tier 3 Badges, a few Heroism Badges
Chapter 6: Tier 3 Difficulty: Gives several Tier 3 Badges
Chapter 7: Tier 4 Difficulty: Gives a few Tier 4 Badges, a few Tier 3 Badges
Chapter 8: Tier 4 Difficulty: Gives several Tier 4 Badges

Once they upgrade their item to the Tier 4 Upgrade, they can make a Tier 5 Legendary Item. Typically this will require two Tier 4 Upgrade Items to be combined and a Bonus Boss or two to be fought for the Tier 5 Badges.

Here's a list of what I have so far.

Pros:
-Easy to make and add items
-Items can be fit to different roles
-Consistent, levels up the same for each trainer for the same effort

Cons:
-No progression past the Tier 5 Mark
-Not much variety in Trainer Items
-Can be difficult to balance

2. Skill Tree

This would basically involve scrapping the Item Classes that we currently have, in favor of a usage based skill tree. Effectively, the more you use an item, the more stuff that you get with it. We'd end up splitting up each item into different types (such as Sword, Axe, Gun, etc).

I'm not too sure on the details of how such a system would work, but there would be an Exp. System, probably something like:

Trainer Gains a Level when beating a NEW Adventure Battle, starts at Level 0

Sword
Level 1: Gains the use of the first Sword moves of their type
Level 2:
Level 3:

etc.

Pros:
-More item variety
-Nearly endless progression: Anytime we release a new AB we just adjust the system

Cons:
-Need to make a TON of items

3. Hybrid Style

This would effectively be a mix of the two styles above. Not terribly sure how this would work just yet, but it would probably boil down to keeping the same item classes, but cutting down the current typing move lists and putting that stuff in the skill trees.

Pros:
-More Item Variety AND easy to make items

Cons:
-Complex
For those confused about the tiering system, essentially instead of purchasing different items, you would upgrade them to a different, more powerful tier, up to Tier V. Part of the reason for said tiers is so that we can make stuff more powerful, and also because if you take a stronger item (Tier V) to a weaker Adventure Battle (Tier I), we can nerf them down a few tiers to help alleviate a potential for just blowing through those earlier chapters for cash.

The main issue that we're confronted with: What happens when they reach Tier V? It will eventually happen, so I'm confused as to how progression can be made better in this respect. My only real idea so far would be to make more tiers after enough people get the max, but that could introduce some bad power creep so...yeah. Really need some comments here.

==============================================
Adventure Battles:

Finally, we have approved two different Adventure Battles aside from the ones we had before. I haven't had any other requests so far, but here's the list we'll have upon release!

To Defy the End (by Eternal Drifter)
Wish Upon A Star (by Maxim)
Political Issues (by tavok)
Glass Pyramid (by The Wanderer)

Naturally, if any of you have Adventure Battle ideas, feel free to send them to me! All you need is a plot synopsis for the initial approval, and then a short summary of each chapter, and viola! Your done!

A few notes:
  • I will be approving Adventure Battles myself from now on. Eternal Drifter hasn't been terribly active lately, so I'll be doing that solo for the moment. If he chimes in wanting to help with this, I'll let him back on the approval squad, but for now I need to get stuff moving.
  • The Chapter Summary does NOT have to have every detail of the chapter, all you really need is movepools for the bosses, what kind of stuff will be offered as a reward, the general flow, and so on. If your villain has a rant, or some other spoliery thing comes up, feel free to omit that from the Summary. However, there should be a link to pastebin or something that DOES have this information in it, in the event you drop out of ASB permanently (also the reason we ask for the plot synopsis, so we can construct the ABs ourselves if you suddenly disappear).
  • The creator of the story cannot participate in any chapters that have not been cleared by another group. This is partly to avoid the temptation to stick something super amazing in the first few chapters, and partly to avoid OOC knowledge having a significant impact.
Thank you

One last thing to note, once we get the above issues resolved, and the first chapters in for the new Adventure Battles, that will be the end of the discussion and Adventure Battles will be released at that time! Ideally, we'll have this done towards the end of August, but just in case, I'm setting the official release date to September 30th, 2015. That's all from me, this will go faster if you get me some help here. Thanks!

Last edited:
Status Update #2:

1. We're hard at work designing Adventure Battles. In fact, we've made enough progress that I'm confident we can make a beta release in or around August 31st! What I mean by beta release is that we'll have all of the framework done, but the Adventure Battles themselves may not be ready. We will still have the old version of To Defy the End available, possibly with some adjustments. Additionally, The Wanderer has finished the first chapter of Glass Pyramid, which will be featured upon the beta release. Political Issues and Wish Upon A Star will have their first chapters released during the full release, which is tentatively September 30th.

2. The beta release will include
  • The first two tiers of the main four item classes, as well as a small collection of tools and utility items. Backpacks will also be featured
  • Two threads, the General Thread, where signups will occur, and the Claims Thread, where you will need to claim the builds for your trainers and ask questions about trainer builds. We expect you to store approved designs in a separate post in your Registration Tower Profile.
  • To Defy The End Chapters 1 and 2, as well as Shrine of Ruin Bonus Adventure. Also Chapter 1 of the NEW Glass Pyramid.
3. For those concerned about the new item system, we're offering, for the run of the beta release, to refund any item purchased in the original Adventure Battles! We will either provide you the AB Counters you paid for it, or an equivalent item, if applicable (i.e. people with Ancient Sword can keep it as a Tier 1 Basic Item.)

4. Everything in the previous post will be part of the new adventure battles. However, there is one Update:

Transport Moves:

On Mounts:
Trainers can ride Pokémon, and some Pokémon can ride trainers. Trainers can even go where they couldn't normally with their Pokémon supporting them, even into the sky or across the sea. However, it is important to note that the carrier must be large enough to carry the one being carried, and must be able to support the creature they are carrying. The rider expends no energy for moving while mounted, while the mount expends energy as normal. The mount must be at least 1 size class larger than the rider. The mount cannot carry more than 10 WC of objects, regardless of other factors.

New Command: Mount

Mount: The being climbs onto another, larger being and rides on them. Said being must be able to support the smaller being's weight.
Attack Power: - | Accuracy: -- | Energy Cost: 5+(Mount's Weight Class - Carrier's Attack/Defense (whichever is lower), Min 1) Per Round | Attack Type: Status | Effect Chance: - | Contact: No | Typing: Normal | Priority: 0 | CT: None

Dismount: The being climbs off the currently mounted being.
Attack Power: - | Accuracy: -- | Energy Cost: 1 | Attack Type: Status | Effect Chance: - | Contact: No | Typing: Normal | Priority: 0 | CT: None

Ground:
Trainers seeking to ride their Pokémon need their Pokémon to have either an Attack or Defense rank of at least the trainer's weight class -1. This allows the trainer to ride their Pokémon, but the Pokémon will be unable to use any of its attacks, and can only move. In order for attacks to be used by the Pokémon, the Pokémon's Attack or Defense rank must be at least the trainer's weight class. To safely bring a trainer up a mountainous ridge, the Pokemon must have the move Rock Climb. A Pokemon can bring a trainer with them using the Dig move, but must have the move Dig, as well as an Attack or Defense Rank greater than the trainer. The following Pokemon can always be mounted regardless of other factors:

Always Mountable Pokemon: Rapidash, Zebstrika Gogoat, Skiddo, Rhyhorn, and Mamoswine

Water:
Trainers seeking to ride their Pokémon need their Pokémon to have either an Attack or Defense rank of at least the trainer's weight class -1. This allows the trainer to ride their Pokémon, but the Pokémon will be unable to use any of its attacks, and can only move. In order for attacks to be used by the Pokémon, the Pokémon's Attack or Defense rank must be at least the trainer's weight class. To ride on mounts in the water, the Pokemon must start in the water, and have the move Surf to carry the trainer. To carry a trainer safely across a whirlpool, they must also have the move Whirlpool. To carry a trainer safely up a waterfall, they must also have the move Waterfall. The following Pokemon can always be ridden on, regardless of other factors (even if they do not have Surf):

Always Surf Mountable Pokemon: Lapras, Wailord.

Flying:
Trainers seeking to ride their Pokémon into the air need their Pokémon to have the Flying type or the Levitate ability, and either an Attack or Defense rank of at least the trainer's weight class. This allows the trainer to ride their Pokémon into the air, but the Pokémon will be unable to use any of its attacks, and can only move. In order for attacks to be used by the Pokémon, the Pokémon must have an Attack or Defense rank greater than the trainer's weight class, have either the Flying type or Levitate ability, and have the move Fly. Pokémon that have the flying type or levitate ability but lose it upon Mega-Evolution can still carry a trainer so long as the base Pokemon had the required moves.
==========================================
Other Transport and HM moves:

Teleport: Teleport can move a Pokemon to any point in their line of sight in an Adventure or Puzzle Phase. However, to use Teleport in this way requires 10 Energy (before STAB), and can only teleport the Pokemon itself, no objects can be held besides the typical held item. Teleport is treated as though all battles are Switch=KO for use in battles, and may be used to let the Pokemon escape from battle.

Strength: If the Pokemon has Strength, they may lift or push objects up to 2+(Attack Rank) in Weight Class. Ordinarily, the Pokemon would only be able to lift or push objects equal to their Attack Rank.

Rock Smash: If the Pokemon has Rock Smash, they may be able to smash rock type obstructions, such as large boulders and clear cave ins. Ordinarily, the Pokemon would only be able to do so if they take down the boulder's HP with repeated attacks. Not all cave ins or boulders can be smashed in this way. In these cases, the referee is required to inform them that it cannot be smashed, either when they reach the area or when they try to smash the obstruction.

Cut: If the Pokemon has Cut, they are able to cut through grass type obstructions, such as thick brushes with minimal effort. Ordinarily, the Pokemon would only be able to do so if they take down the obstruction's HP with repeated attacks. Not all thick brushes can be cut in this way. If this is the case, the referee is required to inform the players that it cannot be Cut, either when they reach the area or when they try to cut.

Flash: If the Pokemon has Flash, they can use the move in battle to cut their opponent's accuracy. In a dark area, they can illuminate the area for 3 Rounds (5 if they also have Illuminate), which allows the trainers to see clearly in the current room and any rooms directly adjacent to it.

Notice: Unless otherwise stated, field moves use the same energy as normal ASB.

Oh, one other thing before I forget:

Town Phases: From villages to cities, there are many towns spread out across the world. Trainers can explore these areas to find information and plan their adventures. Most towns offer revival services, though there may be repercussions to this depending on the Adventure Battle.

Revival: Should one of the team members fall in battle, they can retreat to a town to try and revive one of their teammates. The catch though, is that this revival costs CC. Typically, this will be about 5 CC per revival, though the final cost is up to the designer of that Adventure Battle. Additionally, the designer can impose a penalty to it, such as the enemy Pokemon becoming stronger.

Anyways...I realize I'm a bit behind schedule. Sorry about that, I really don't have a good excuse for it. I should be getting up the threads today and tomorrow. Chapter 1's will still be due around September 30th though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)