Data ASBot - #capasb utility bot

apt-get

it's not over 'til it's over
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey there!

ASBot is a bot that I started around July 2014. It was originally made to show NDA data, but now it has a lot more functions. Plus, it's open-source, so if I ever commit internet suicide, the bot won't be gone forever!

Github repo: link
The bot was made in ruby. Installation guide is here.
Feel free to make pull requests.

using !command will notice the response to you (only you will be able to see it), while using @command will send the response in the chat.

Type !asbot for a list of commands, and !asbot [command] to get further details about the specific command's usage.

Last edited:

apt-get

Implemented the !pick command.
Syntax: !pick x,y,z (or !pick x, y, z [the number of trailing spaces don't matter])
response will be a random sample from the arguments.

[14:42:45] <Gale> @pick TLR Raids, Gym, Tournament, Tower, Ref
[14:42:45] <+ASBot> Tournament

Reminder you can suggest any command and I will try to implement it.

apt-get

!pick can now take as an argument concatenated right after "pick" the number of items to be sampled.

[22:24:47] <apt-get> @pick2 showdown, PO, pokebattle
[22:24:49] <+ASBot> PO, showdown

Reminder you can suggest any command and I will try to implement it.

Suggestion: How about a !tlritem command to pull up items for The Legend Run. Would be useful for checking Capture Rates at a glance.

apt-get

Suggestion: How about a !tlritem command to pull up items for The Legend Run. Would be useful for checking Capture Rates at a glance.
Can't do this until I get a source from which it's possible to parse the info on items. I can't really use that smogon post for parsing info, and I'm not active enough in ASB to hardcode it and update it every time a new item is added. Sorry!

apt-get

recap is back! since CDXCIV is dead in #capasb, I added the function to the bot. It currently displays the last 25 messages sent before the !recap message.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
The bot is haunted.

By that, I mean, in some (but not all) calls, "z" is replaced by a " ". This is consistent on a cell which is malfunctioning (Bulldoze Bulldoze Bulldoze would render as Bulldo e Bulldo e Bulldo e), and does not impact "Z". Not a major issue, but I'm actually curious as to what's causing it xD

apt-get

I... Don't actually know what's causing this issue. I tried searching into it back in June, but found no relevant answers.
It's either heroku fucking up or the google drive API fucking up.

Geodude6

Look at my shiny CT!
yolol

also apt-get ik I told you this with !tell but could you possibly hard-code in the tables for grass knot/low kick/flail/reversal so that users don't have to open the NDA just to check BAP/EN cost

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)