move 4: Earthquake
item: Assault Vest
ability: Iron Fist
nature: Adamant
evs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========
  • Drain Punch allows Crabominable to restore its health while super effectively hitting Pokemon such as Type: Null and Aurorus.
  • Ice Hammer is Crabominable's strongest STAB Ice attack and nails Pokemon such as Golurk, Drampa, and Lilligant.
  • Close Combat is a more offense STAB option compared to Drain Punch and picks up a few more notable KOs such as the 2HKO of Regirock and the OHKO of opposing Crabominable.
  • Earthquake pressures certain Poison-types such as Qwilfish and Skuntank from setting up Spikes and removing entry hazard with Defog and rounds off Crabominable coverage overall. Earthquake also avoids Skuntank's Aftermath ability.

Set Details
========
  • Maximum Special Defense EVs alongside near maximum HP EVs and an Assault Vest to reliably switch into special attackers such as Aurorus and Lilligant and threaten to KO them with its super effective STAB moves. Despite the lack of notable Attack investment, Assault Vest Crabominable still hits very hard due to Iron Fist and its high base power attacks.
  • Iron Fist boosts the power of Drain Punch and Ice Hammer, restoring more HP and picking up notable KOes such as the guaranteed 3HKO of Defensive Mesprit and the guaranteed OHKO Bulky Oricorio-G Assault Vest Crabominable couldn’t pick up otherwise.
Usage Tips
========
  • While Crabominable can take powerful super effective hits such as a Supersonic Skystrike from bulky variants of Oricorio-G or a Fire Blast from Choice Specs Pyroar and KO them back with either a STAB super effective Ice Hammer or Drain Punch, maintaining Crabominable at a sustainable amount of health is important so that it can reliably check more passive special attackers throughout the course of the match.
  • Crabominable is not the bulkiest of Pokemon, even in consideration of the Special Defense boost of its Assault Vest, which is why double switching is the most optimal way to bring it in safely. This usually requires luring Pokemon in that Crabominable can defeat; for example, double switching your Altaria out into Crabominable as the opponent switches out their Lilligant for their Aurorus. Double switching, in general, maintains forward offensive momentum, which is necessary for teams wanting to utilize Assault Vest Crabominable to its fullest potential.

Team Options
========
  • Pokemon that dislike Aurorus such as Silvally-Dragon and Carracosta make great partners with Assault Vest Crabominable, as having a reliable offensive switch-in allows them to perform their roles more freely. In return, Swanna removes entry hazards and resists Fire and Fighting for Crabominable, while Togedemaru can act as speed control when equipped with a Choice Scarf, doubly resists Steel and Flying, and can help pivot in Crabominable with U-turn.
  • Froslass and Qwilfish either resist or are immune to both of Crabominable's STAB attacks and threaten to burn it with Will-o-Wisp and Scald, so Pokemon that can prospectively defeat these threats such as Pyroar and Mesprit make great offensive teammates.
  • Offensive Steel-types such as Aggron and Togedemaru are predominantly physical and are typically faster than Assault Vest Crabominable. As such, answers to these Pokemon such as Poliwrath and Mudsdale are helpful.

Last edited:

Aaronboyer

Something Worth Fighting For
is a Contributor to Smogon
This isn't my greatest work, I will fully admit that, but I think this analysis is good enough for at least the 1st QC check. HJAD wanted me to tag him whenever I was ready to put this into QC, so here you go.

yogi

I did not succumb...
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
This is not QC ready, and I'm stepping in. I understand AV Crabominable may not be the easiest Pokemon to write for, but the super shallow Usage Tips and Team Options sections are not acceptable. Not only are you missing a load of potential information, it's just overly-complicated lingo that doesn't need to be there. Things also are either incorrect or just a mess (see the first Team Options bullet point). This can go back into WIP then you can tag me once it's actually fleshed out.

also slash cc with power up punch and edge, preferably with the order of pup first, edge second, cc third
mz edit: this didnt get discussed and i really don't know, would definitely have cc>edge>pup in moves (with pursuit) if anything but we will talk more

Last edited by a moderator:

Aaronboyer

Something Worth Fighting For
is a Contributor to Smogon
I'm sorry that this is the 3rd thing I've reserved and recently dropped. I just have lost interest doing PU analyses for now, but hope to start doing them again in a couple months once I get fully adjusted to college and have time management down pat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)