SV DOU Balance with Suicune and Deoxys-Attack

:sv/Incineroar: | :sv/Deoxys-Attack: | :sv/Sinistcha: | :sv/suicune: | :sv/iron hands: |:sv/landorus:

Introduction

So, after struggling to advance in Elo in OU, I've decided to come back to my roots and play some Doubles OU, which was what I made my first RMT on. When I opened up the teambuilder, after of course putting on the obligatory incineroar, I looked at the mons in OU and was suprised to see Deoxys-Attack. I also remebered how in Gen 8, the legendary beasts were used as niche tailwind setters, so I decided to throw on a suicune. Thus, I decided to build a Balance team with Deoxys-Attack as the centerpiece of offense, with a few mons supporting it. This team can go either trick room or tailwind, though tailwind is preffered. Every mon on this team can thrive, as they are in my opinion great combined.

The Team

:sv/incineroar:
Incineroar @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Intimidate
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Helping Hand
- Fake Out
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off

Ah, the old classic. And he was buffed. Why?????? Anyways, Incineroar is of course the old classic, something that can be slapped onto a team and make it a lot better. This is just a standard supportive incineroar set that can deal good damage. Helping hand is great for Deo-A and Lando-I, who are both frail and sometimes need a little extra power to push over crucial ko marks. Fake out of course gives a free opportunity for suicune to get up tailwind or Deo-A/Lando-I to get a free attack off. Flare blitz does great damage to most mons while knock off forces progress against bulkier teams, while still doing great damage. Tera water and sitrus berry were chosen for defensive purposes as they allow it to take hits from lots of mons, tera water specifically helps it against Gouging fire, ogerpon wellspring and walking wake. Overall, incineroar was an easy choice to put on the team as it provides a lot of utility to the team while still doing great damage.

:sv/deoxys attack:
Deoxys-Attack @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Rock Slide
- Psycho Boost
- Brick Break
- Shadow Ball

Coming from OU, I did not expect Deoxys-Attack to be legal in Doubles OU, but here we are. This Deoxys is meant to be a fast attacker that can hit on both sides of the spectrum. I considered Life Orb was better than focus sash because the speed control I have means that it will most likely attack first, while my other defensive options can protect it from damage. First, rock slide is a great coverage move for Deo-A and allows it a bit more longevity between the flinch chance and the chance to ko
both mons which reduces it's chances for a counter attack. Next, psycho boost is chosen for just being a strong overall move that can finish off a target that it's coverage moves can't otherwise. Brick break allows Deo-A to deal with dark and steel types more effectively, though superpower was not chosen because the attack drop would be not the best for repeated assaults, which would compromise it's attacking power. Finally, shadow ball allows Deo-A to hit opposing psychic and ghost types for super effective damage. Combine this with tera ghost, which is great against extreme speed users trying to pick it off, and Deo-A can hit hard while being hard to hit in return. Overall, Deo-A gives a lot of firepower to this team while having some defensive utility and I consider it a valuable member of the team.

:sv/sinistcha:
Sinistcha @ Leftovers
Ability: Hospitality
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Matcha Gotcha
- Rage Powder
- Life Dew
- Trick Room

Sinistcha was the mon I next decided to choose for the team due to it's defensive qualities as well as it's ability to flip trick room matchups on it's head. While it doesn't have spore, I consider in every other aspect it to be better than amoonguss. Firstly, tera steel and leftovers help it survive more hits and support the team more effectively. Matcha gotcha is a must on sinistcha to allow it to spread burns and heal itself up, while doing good damage to water and ground mons. Rage powder helps multiple members of the team do their jobs effectively as suicune can set up tailwind while Deo-A and Lando-I can launch a powerful attack. Life dew was an interesting option I considered, as it helps keep the bulkier members of my team healthy as they do not have reliable recovey, which is a sidegrade to pollen puff on amoonguss. Finally, trick room allows for me to counter opposing trick room teams or counter opposing tailwind teams, allowing me to control the pace of the battle. Overall, sinistcha is an invaluable member of the team as it can help in longer drawn battles while acting as an excellent form of speed control.

:sv/suicune:
Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Inner Focus
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Tailwind
- Scald
- Protect
- Ice Beam

Suicune was a mon I remember having a niche in Gen 8 Doubles due to it's ability inner focus and tailwind, so I decided to try it out in Gen 9. Suicune is a bulky attacker on the team that can score a few hits while supporting the team. Leftovers helps with longevity, which can be bolstered by protect, while tera fire helps against rillaboom and opposing grasses that try to take out suicune before it can get started. Tailwind is of course an obvious choice on suicune to support the team, while scald does consistent damage but can in a pinch, pick up crucial burns on scary physcial attackers. Protect helps suicune against scary opposing mons and a favourite move of mine is clicking protect at low health while pivoting to sinistcha. Ice beam rounds out the set to deal with pesky grass types that believe they can take on suicune like rillaboom or ogerpon. In conclusion, suicune can help it's team with speed control but can not be underestimated in it's power, as it has helped me score crucial ko's against weakened mons.

:sv/iron hands:
Iron Hands @ Assault Vest
Ability: Quark Drive
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stomping Tantrum
- Wild Charge
- Drain Punch
- Heavy Slam

I decided to use something more conventional and chose a standard assault vest iron hands. The main job of it is to take hits and ko specific mons that can threaten my team, such as flutter mane. Tera steel is chosen to not only increase it's survivability, but also increase the power of heavy slam. Stomping tantrum helps against stuff like glimmora, gholdengo, gouging fire and raging bolt. Wild charge was chosen over supercell slam due to the fact that for slightly less power and recoil, you get a move that is 100% accurate and doesn't cause recoil into ground types. Due to hands high hp stat, it can afford to take the recoil. Drain punch gives iron hands some survivability and can do great damage at the same time. Finally, heavy slam does great into fairy types and can do be bolstered by terastilisation. Overall, iron hands may not be the most flashy mon, but it does it's job consistently, which is to take hits and respond with hits of it's own.

:sv/landorus:
Landorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Sandsear Storm
- Psychic
- Sludge Bomb

Finally, we have Landorus Incarnate. This mon I believe is severly underated at the moment, as the sheer power of its moves allows it to muscle through most teams. It allows the team to have a second mode of offense if Deo-A is ko'd early on. Tera water is great for survivability as it flips the 4x weakness to ice on it's head, and opposing electric or grass mons are threatened by Lando-I's moves. Nasty plot is a niche option but allows it to snowball games if the opportunity is given. Sandsear storm is a great spread option that is boosted by sheer force and can thus deal amazing damage. Psychic can help against opposing fighting types, acting as a pseudo flying type move in that regard, while sludge bomb helps against fairy types and grass types, meaning that lando-I can threaten the mons a flying type normally would. Overall, Landorus Incarnate is an awesome option for offense when either Deo-A is ko'd or it is not ready to perform a sweep.

Conclusion

In conclusion, this team has a lot of synergy I feel and can work well in multiple conditions. Each teamate can support the other and bring out the full potential they have. I would love to have thoughts on this team so I can improve it's performance.

:sv/Incineroar: | :sv/Deoxys-Attack: | :sv/Sinistcha: | :sv/suicune: | :sv/iron hands: |:sv/landorus:

Introduction

So, after struggling to advance in Elo in OU, I've decided to come back to my roots and play some Doubles OU, which was what I made my first RMT on. When I opened up the teambuilder, after of course putting on the obligatory incineroar, I looked at the mons in OU and was suprised to see Deoxys-Attack. I also remebered how in Gen 8, the legendary beasts were used as niche tailwind setters, so I decided to throw on a suicune. Thus, I decided to build a Balance team with Deoxys-Attack as the centerpiece of offense, with a few mons supporting it. This team can go either trick room or tailwind, though tailwind is preffered. Every mon on this team can thrive, as they are in my opinion great combined.

The Team

:sv/incineroar:
Incineroar @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Helping Hand
- Fake Out
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off

Ah, the old classic. And he was buffed. Why?????? Anyways, Incineroar is of course the old classic, something that can be slapped onto a team and make it a lot better. This is just a standard supportive incineroar set that can deal good damage. Helping hand is great for Deo-A and Lando-I, who are both frail and sometimes need a little extra power to push over crucial ko marks. Fake out of course gives a free opportunity for suicune to get up tailwind or Deo-A/Lando-I to get a free attack off. Flare blitz does great damage to most mons while knock off forces progress against bulkier teams, while still doing great damage. Tera water and sitrus berry were chosen for defensive purposes as they allow it to take hits from lots of mons, tera water specifically helps it against Gouging fire, ogerpon wellspring and walking wake. Overall, incineroar was an easy choice to put on the team as it provides a lot of utility to the team while still doing great damage.

:sv/deoxys attack:
Deoxys-Attack @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Rock Slide
- Psycho Boost
- Brick Break
- Shadow Ball

Coming from OU, I did not expect Deoxys-Attack to be legal in Doubles OU, but here we are. This Deoxys is meant to be a fast attacker that can hit on both sides of the spectrum. I considered Life Orb was better than focus sash because the speed control I have means that it will most likely attack first, while my other defensive options can protect it from damage. First, rock slide is a great coverage move for Deo-A and allows it a bit more longevity between the flinch chance and the chance to ko
both mons which reduces it's chances for a counter attack. Next, psycho boost is chosen for just being a strong overall move that can finish off a target that it's coverage moves can't otherwise. Brick break allows Deo-A to deal with dark and steel types more effectively, though superpower was not chosen because the attack drop would be not the best for repeated assaults, which would compromise it's attacking power. Finally, shadow ball allows Deo-A to hit opposing psychic and ghost types for super effective damage. Combine this with tera ghost, which is great against extreme speed users trying to pick it off, and Deo-A can hit hard while being hard to hit in return. Overall, Deo-A gives a lot of firepower to this team while having some defensive utility and I consider it a valuable member of the team.

:sv/sinistcha:
Sinistcha @ Leftovers
Ability: Hospitality
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Matcha Gotcha
- Rage Powder
- Life Dew
- Trick Room

Sinistcha was the mon I next decided to choose for the team due to it's defensive qualities as well as it's ability to flip trick room matchups on it's head. While it doesn't have spore, I consider in every other aspect it to be better than amoonguss. Firstly, tera steel and leftovers help it survive more hits and support the team more effectively. Matcha gotcha is a must on sinistcha to allow it to spread burns and heal itself up, while doing good damage to water and ground mons. Rage powder helps multiple members of the team do their jobs effectively as suicune can set up tailwind while Deo-A and Lando-I can launch a powerful attack. Life dew was an interesting option I considered, as it helps keep the bulkier members of my team healthy as they do not have reliable recovey, which is a sidegrade to pollen puff on amoonguss. Finally, trick room allows for me to counter opposing trick room teams or counter opposing tailwind teams, allowing me to control the pace of the battle. Overall, sinistcha is an invaluable member of the team as it can help in longer drawn battles while acting as an excellent form of speed control.

:sv/suicune:
Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Inner Focus
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Tailwind
- Scald
- Protect
- Ice Beam

Suicune was a mon I remember having a niche in Gen 8 Doubles due to it's ability inner focus and tailwind, so I decided to try it out in Gen 9. Suicune is a bulky attacker on the team that can score a few hits while supporting the team. Leftovers helps with longevity, which can be bolstered by protect, while tera fire helps against rillaboom and opposing grasses that try to take out suicune before it can get started. Tailwind is of course an obvious choice on suicune to support the team, while scald does consistent damage but can in a pinch, pick up crucial burns on scary physcial attackers. Protect helps suicune against scary opposing mons and a favourite move of mine is clicking protect at low health while pivoting to sinistcha. Ice beam rounds out the set to deal with pesky grass types that believe they can take on suicune like rillaboom or ogerpon. In conclusion, suicune can help it's team with speed control but can not be underestimated in it's power, as it has helped me score crucial ko's against weakened mons.

:sv/iron hands:
Iron Hands @ Assault Vest
Ability: Quark Drive
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stomping Tantrum
- Wild Charge
- Drain Punch
- Heavy Slam

I decided to use something more conventional and chose a standard assault vest iron hands. The main job of it is to take hits and ko specific mons that can threaten my team, such as flutter mane. Tera steel is chosen to not only increase it's survivability, but also increase the power of heavy slam. Stomping tantrum helps against stuff like glimmora, gholdengo, gouging fire and raging bolt. Wild charge was chosen over supercell slam due to the fact that for slightly less power and recoil, you get a move that is 100% accurate and doesn't cause recoil into ground types. Due to hands high hp stat, it can afford to take the recoil. Drain punch gives iron hands some survivability and can do great damage at the same time. Finally, heavy slam does great into fairy types and can do be bolstered by terastilisation. Overall, iron hands may not be the most flashy mon, but it does it's job consistently, which is to take hits and respond with hits of it's own.

:sv/landorus:
Landorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Sandsear Storm
- Psychic
- Sludge Bomb

Finally, we have Landorus Incarnate. This mon I believe is severly underated at the moment, as the sheer power of its moves allows it to muscle through most teams. It allows the team to have a second mode of offense if Deo-A is ko'd early on. Tera water is great for survivability as it flips the 4x weakness to ice on it's head, and opposing electric or grass mons are threatened by Lando-I's moves. Nasty plot is a niche option but allows it to snowball games if the opportunity is given. Sandsear storm is a great spread option that is boosted by sheer force and can thus deal amazing damage. Psychic can help against opposing fighting types, acting as a pseudo flying type move in that regard, while sludge bomb helps against fairy types and grass types, meaning that lando-I can threaten the mons a flying type normally would. Overall, Landorus Incarnate is an awesome option for offense when either Deo-A is ko'd or it is not ready to perform a sweep.

Conclusion

In conclusion, this team has a lot of synergy I feel and can work well in multiple conditions. Each teamate can support the other and bring out the full potential they have. I would love to have thoughts on this team so I can improve it's performance.
(Not a rate, just a comment) I dunno when was the last time i saw max attack brian hands and incineroar, no idea if they are actually the most optimal set or if they are just like brick break deo-A as i think superpower may just be better (deo-a has no defenses, so the drops wont matter at all)

(Not a rate, just a comment) I dunno when was the last time i saw max attack brian hands and incineroar, no idea if they are actually the most optimal set or if they are just like brick break deo-A as i think superpower may just be better (deo-a has no defenses, so the drops wont matter at all)
Brick break is moreso for the attack drop, as if it was just a defense drop, then that would be the superior move. it allows you to continue to attack into the mons that are threatened by fighting moves, while also allowing followup rock slides to still pack a punch.

Brick break is moreso for the attack drop, as if it was just a defense drop, then that would be the superior move. it allows you to continue to attack into the mons that are threatened by fighting moves, while also allowing followup rock slides to still pack a punch.
i thought deo-a was mostly special, but i guess this works too.

My recommendations might change your team a bit too much.

Deoxys-A is a mon that work best with Indeedee-F. Together, they are one of the most common Psy Spam cores.
  • 1705794713192.png
    -->
    1705794677134.png
    Indeedee-F's primary role is to set up Psychic Terrain (priority moves are no longer effective on grounded mons), but it can also support its teammates with a variety of support moves. Indeedee-F always has the move Follow Me which is a better version of Rage Powder (doesn't work against Grass-types). It also has Helping Hand and Trick Room, but you don't really need the latter for your team.
  • 1705794775867.png
    Deoxys-A has one job, and it is to spam Expanding Force. Expanding Force hits both opposing mons so it is more ideal than Psycho Boost. Superpower is the next necessary move to hit Dark types. The third move is usually Ice Beam. However, Deoxys-A is a glass mon (meaning it can get OHKO by most moves), so the move Protect and the item Focus Sash are necessary for its set.
  • 1705794786265.png
    With Indeedee-F on the team, Incineroar no longer requires Helping Hand. Instead, give Incineroar the move Parting Shot or U-turn. Fake Out is still fine as long as you're not targeting grounded mons. If you are still wary about opposing Trick Room teams, then you can put Taunt on Landorus.
1705794796710.png
-->
1705794808512.png
My next recommendation would be to replace Suicune with Ogerpon-Wellspring. Although Suicune is bulky, it just doesn't hit hard enough. This replacement will cover the STAB moves of Sinistcha and Suicune.
  • Ogerpon-Wellspring usually has Follow Me, but it seemed out of place to have two Follow Me users in the team. I replaced the move with Play Rough, so that it can deal with Dragon types such as Kyurem and Raging Bolt. You can alternatively use Sword Dance as well.
1705794841628.png
-->
1705794853172.png
With the rise of Psy Spam and Landorus, Iron Hands is not doing so well. I recommend replacing Iron Hands with Tornadus. This will give you another way to deal with Rillaboom (a Grassy Terrain setter) as well as maintain some speed advantage. Since I already recommened that Landorus can use Taunt, I suppose Icy Wind or even Nasty Plot on Tornadus is fine.

In the end, my recommended change would look like this:
https://pokepast.es/c0106f87f541ca52
There's still room to make adjustments based on preferences of course.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)