Project Break This Team: USUM UU Edition [Week 71 - Submissions]

Adaam

إسمي جف
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Grand Slam Winner
The team has a Doublade, so Terrakion is never going to outright threaten the team even with EQ. Empoleon, however, is a massive nuisance to this team with no Thunderbolt on Starmie and Nihilego. However, the current set simply draws in Suicune every time and will eventually fall to Scald burns. I think this core would win if Empoleon has Defog/SR and a better partner to take advantage of the fact that Drew’s team can not prevent Empoleon from controlling the hazard game.

Draconic’s Mega Doom is a decent threat, but will have troubles winning on its own with Pain Split Nihilego. Toxicroak, on the other hand, is a pretty big threat, and it comes in free on Nihilego. However, without LO, Steelix-Mega can check it fairly well, and once it’s revealed to not be LO, baiting the Z leaves it hard walled by Doublade. Nonetheless, the two work together well to put pressure on this team.

Notily’s core is compelling for me because Rotom-C is a nuisance on its own as Nihilego lacks Sludge Wave and it hits everything hard. However, Beedrill is a mediocre partner considering there’s Crocune, Doublade, and a Mega Steelix. A better partner again would have had my vote.

For these reasons, I vote DraconicLepus

Last edited:

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
What a great victory from great user DraconicLepus! You've feelstoads'd (assuming toxicroak is a toad) your way to a win.

DraconicLepus - 6
Smallsmallrose - 1

----------------------------------------------------------
Speaking of DraconicLepus... here's her team!

Hydreigon @ Dread Plate
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Taunt
- Roost
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse

Slowbro @ Waterium Z
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Block
- Scald
- Toxic
- Rest

Aggron-Mega @ Aggronite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Fire Punch
- Toxic

Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Synthesis
- Wish
- Aromatherapy

Rotom-Heat @ Iapapa Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Defog
- Pain Split

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge

So the idea of this team came from a previous Break This Team. I realized I hadn't seen that set almost at all, so then I got the idea to try out Taunt Roost Drei. Next mon added was Slowbro, which could take on most Fighting-types that could outspeed and threaten Hydreigon. It was previously Calm Mind, but realized Block was a better choice because it greatly improved my chances of being able to beat fatter teams, although it was by Toxic stalling. Aggron is a steel type, rocker, Lati check, and overall amazing next addition to this team as it could take Dragon-type attacks, and it pairs very well with Slowbro, which can take super effective Fire- and Fighting-type moves while also being a decent check to physical Ground-types. Florges was a next addition that pairs well with the entire team, being able to provide Wish support, as well as Aromatherapy, which helped the team greatly from being worn down by status. Rotom-Heat gave a Flying check because Flying-types were looking scary to switch into. It also gave me another Ground immunity, and Defog, which I opted for it on Rotom over Florges because Aromatherapy was so useful. Last member was Krookodile, one of the best Scarfers and general additions to balance teams. It gave me an Electric immunity, which is nice for pressuring Volt Switch users to not just mindlessly clicking it. This also gave me the speed control the team desperately needed.

Get your submissions in by Thursday, and thanks to everyone who's been participating!

vivalospride

been up all year my third eye aint even blinkin’
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Roar

Infernape @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Grass Knot
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast

NP Ape rips this team to shreds with the only thing even capable of revenge killing it at +2 being Scarf Krook. Swampert is here because the team's removal has a hard time dealing with it, therefore rocks will be up and annoying a lot of the game, giving chip for Nape to just click shit and win. LO Mixed Nape is another option here as it also has a very good matchup vs this team.

Togekiss.png
Rhyperior.png

Togekiss @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Aura Sphere
- Roost

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

So with a Rotom reliant on damaging flying types with but an uninvested SpA volt switch, Togekiss is already smelling out prime prey. Rotom can't do enough damage to threaten Toge with it's volt switch, so the team's main Toge check is an Aggron. This always gets nuked by +2 fightinium with minimal chip. Speaking of chip, Rhyperior keeps rocks up against this Rotom so consistently its almost a crime. The team also struggles in general to pressure Rhyperior outside of the Slowbro, which Rhyperior can pressure it into resting with a toxic on it's switch in, making it prime setup food afterwards. Rhyperior also stops Krook from emergency checking the Toge with stone edge, as a nice little bonus. But overall, Toge is the primary wincon here. Rhyperior does well since it can't be pressured too well and can consistently keep rocks up against the team, but Toge absolutely runs through with a Nasty Plot Fightinium set, setting up on a good number of things and shredding the team at +2.

Last edited:
celebi.gif
hippowdon.png
that wasnt a nape

Celebi @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Nasty Plot
- Dazzling Gleam
- Earth Power

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off

Colbur Celebi pretty much 1v6s this team, other than Rotom, which is heavily pressured into removing hazards. Hippo for rocks and to beat Rotom 1v1. Aggron's takes 60-70 from +2 EP, which is achievable with chip and/or an EQ from Hippo. Hydra, Bro, Florges and Krook just get eliminated after a boost. The offensive pressure placed on the team by Celebi is enough to wear down Rotom and Aggron, allowing an easy cleanup job from Celebi.

Attachments

Last edited:
So, my vote goes to rose, though celebi can definately be problematic as well. If I would run into that set it would be really hard to deal with since my main way to get rid of it would be rotom, which is uninvested.

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
Smallsmallrose brings home a Bigbigvictory! Congrats!

Smallsmallrose - 6
Vivalospride - 3
PapaBisexual - 1

------------------------------------------------------
This next team's from frienduser Amane Misa bap

Scizor @ Metal Coat
Ability: Technician
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Jellicent @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 244 HP / 176 Def / 88 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hex
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic
- Play Rough

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Roost

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 248 HP / 156 Def / 8 SpA / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Knock Off
- Toxic Spikes

Built this one with vivalospride. The last time I used Jellicent was in ULT playoffs so I wanted to try that out, mainly because Sage 6-0'd me with it on test games and I knew to expect balance from my opponent. Jellicent wears down Steel-types for Scizor to attempt a late-game sweep, while Scizor removes items from bulkier Pokemon, helping Jellicent to wear them down. I knew I wanted a Fairy-type and a secondary Steel-type because having Scizor as your only Steel-type on a team is no good. Klefki fit this role perfectly because Spikes help Jellicent and Scizor a lot and it can check hostile Dark- and Dragon-types for them. I added Hippowdon because I wanted a Stealth Rock setter and a Ground-type that could reliably check Physical attackers. I added Mega Aerodactyl for the Flying-types matchup and because it traps troublesome setup sweepers such as Chandelure and Latias. Lastly, I added Tentacruel for hazard control and because I wanted a Toxic Spikes absorber.

Pleeeeeeeease get your submissions in by Thursday!

As a note:
In order to encourage creativity and originality between submissions, the same Pokemon can only be used two times maximum per submissions round.

So, no more crawdaunts or infernapes please!

Last edited:

Darksafadao

best of the second options

Crawdaunt @ Waterium Z
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Gunk Shot

SD Crawdaunt gets a lot of chances to setup/fire off free attacks and once it does set up there isn't much play against it. I chose Choice Scarf Infernape as its partner to maximize those free turns, being able to U-turn as it lures in Hippo, Jelli, or Tenta.
ps:for some reason the sprites site went down i'll update this with infernape's sprite once it comes back up

Adaam

إسمي جف
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Grand Slam Winner
Crawdaunt @ Waterium Z
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

Rotom-Mow @ Iapapa Berry
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Leaf Storm

Crawdaunt feasts on this as it outspeeds 4/6 Pokemon, walls Tentacruel, and Aqua Jets Aero. Water-Z provides an extremely powerful nuke to OHKO the slower Steel-types. Rotom-C provides pivot support, bringing it in safely on the Keys/Sciz switch, it Defogs Spikes, and it blows back Hippowdon.

Also you can all thank user Cake for the woat move ordering :pikuh::pikuh::pikuh:

Edit: Sniped by 1 min oml

Last edited:

vivalospride

been up all year my third eye aint even blinkin’
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Toxic

Infernape @ Fightinium Z
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Grass Knot
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast

I was heavily against having tenta in the last slot of this team because of how absurdly hard shit like pert/seis/hippo pressures this team, on my version i run tsareena but she thought the tspikes matchup was more important, because of this I went with seis b/c it just pressures everything and once it gets rocks up, they'll stay up for a bit b/c tenta can't rlly do shit to it. Nape can just clean the team up with chip on Tenta.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)