Project Break This Team: USUM UU Edition [Week 71 - Submissions]

Kreme

You might be right but you're not correct.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Raikou @ Normalium Z
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Hyper Beam

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Stealth Rock

Pretty simple, Mamoswine switch-in is Rotom-H and assuming you get to have Mamo in vs anything it threatens like Empoleon or Gligar you could get free Rocks. Rotom-H being in and killing you with Overheat (because it can't Wisp) means it's an easy setup fodder for Raikou which should win after a boost assuming you've weakened Scizor enough to get it within OHKO range (which isn't much). Z-Hyper Beam has a decent chance to OHKO Kommo-O and Rotom-H is the only thing that can take a hit after that but it's more CM fodder and +1 Hyper Beam does an upwards of 70% so it shouldn't be hard to get it into range regardless. Sceptile's the only thing that outspeeds and if you have enough CM boosts it shouldn't be a problem because it won't do enough to you barring a crit and you OHKO with HP Ice.

edit: If you decide on Z-Shadow Ball it needs more chip on Kommo but doesn't have the problem of feeling like you need to use Hyper Beam for Rotom.

Quagsire.png
Altaria.png
Altarianite.png

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Roost
- Heal Bell
- Flamethrower

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover

Quagsire is horribly obnoxious for this team, being able to stave off Kommo-O when dragon danced, Scizor when Swords danced, completely walling Rotom, clicking earthquakes on Empoleon, and scalding poor Gligar. The only things that could stand in it's way are an unfortunate switch into Kommo-o's hard dragonium Z, Sceptile-mega, and status. What helps with all 3 of those in one slot? Mega Altaria. It can help further reel the Dragon Dance Kommo-o in, check Mega Sceptile so it can't threaten Quagsire, and heal bell away the annoying toxics aimed at it. All that churned together can make this core a really obnoxious defensive duo that this team will struggle to break through.

Darksafadao

best of the second options

Sharpedo-Mega @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Psychic Fangs
- Ice Fang
- Protect

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Magnet Rise
- Play Rough
- Spikes

Sharpedo has a cool match-up overall and if played well it has a good shot at cleaning late-game. Klefki helps it with Spikes and walls the defogger as it is running Magnet Rise. Those two with a good rocker and another breaker should do a fine job versus this team.

avarice

greedy for love
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
1537720983649.png1537721017879.png
Primarina @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Scald
- Reflect
- Sleep Talk

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Wing Attack
bulky prim deals with scizor gligar kommo-o and can wear down empo while aero can pursuit msceptile and rotom while threatening with stone edge and wing attack ohkos

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Claw
- Sacred Sword

Volcanion @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
Hasty Nature
- Superpower
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

ZSuperpower Volc can take on Gligar, Emp, Sciz, Scept, and Rotom to a degree. Gyro Doublade is to 2HKO DD Kommo at +1. Didn't even look at the Kommo's ability. Either way, Doublade can set up in the Kommo-o's face pretty easily.

Last edited:

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Random Battle Lead
Kreme has won the week! Congratulations, man, good core!

Kreme - 3
Darksafadao - 2

--------------------------------------------------
Let's roll with Sage's Terminal Redux this week, shall we?

LCD (Aggron-Mega) @ Aggronite
Ability: Filter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Fire Punch
- Toxic

Psychotropia (Nihilego) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 80 Def / 176 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Power Gem
- Sludge Wave
- Protect

Collapse (Krookodile) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 16 HP / 232 Atk / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Crunch

Ultimate Artificer (Jellicent) (M) @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spe
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Recover

Charging the Void (Florges-White) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Synthesis
- Wish
- Heal Bell

Cygnus Terminal (Hydreigon) (F) @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Defog
- Roost

I liked the idea of Z-Focus Hydreigon vs Rob because it took advantage of a lot of his non-fairy builds (or if there was one it is Klefki), as well as luring Cobalion like it did in the game. Aggron and Florges have been used other times besides me, forming a great defensive backbone (substitute Steel in for Aggron if you want etc.), I liked Aggron because it could trade with Hippowdon more easily than other Steel-type thanks to Filter and Hippo proved annoying for earlier drafts of this build. Fire Punch since my main SD sciz check was a Jellicent and wanted to have insurance. Jellicent was meant to help vs Stall and Suicune, Taunt was very useful in conjunction with Nihilego's Toxic Spikes. Krookodile does what it does and compressed a million roles to make the team functional vs a multitude of threats (Manectric, Latias, etc.) Probably the most all around solid team I made of the tournament.

Please get your cores in to break this magnificent snake team by a good friend by Thursday :D

-----------------

~CRUTT~
Well, this marks near the end of my second full year of consistent 'mons activity, and a thousand posts. It's been a wild ride, with many ups and arguably more downs. There's honestly a fuckton of folks I have to thank for me not quitting mons altogether in January and for this experience being as enjoyable as it's been.

The following is a long series of shoutouts to my friends.
Accelgor best friend tbh (though you paired w adaam instead for best friends tour :mad:) We've supported each other through thick and thin, both with mons stuff and non-mons stuff, and I couldn't ask for a better nerd to talk to. Can't wait to chat more in the future n_n

Darksafadao Hello yes this is the shoutout dedicated to Good Boy Safa the goodest of boys. I'm always willing to help you out when you need it, friend, I respect you as a builder and a player and I hope you come back refreshed next month to knock everyone outta the park. Have fun coding!!

Nuked We only became really good friends somewhat recently but it's turned out to be one of the more solid friendships I've had in a while. You're really chill to talk to and I appreciate your work ethic.

Amane Misa you still owe me those pics of Austria and stuff you promised Very good friend, always happy to support each other when needed, really appreciate having you around, friend. n_n

martha hlelo ms. gptl i would like to know what is the crux of the set for dreig pleas? No, but seriously you're great to have around and you're one of my best friends on this site. You're seriously doing great, pal. I'm always here if you need help!

Sage Very down-to-earth and able to help bring me out of a funk when I need it, and I respect that immensely. You're also the top up-and-coming uu player of the year whether or not you got to snake r2. Reach for the stars, friend. Also, I will never understand your obsession with the untier known as GSC UU.

DraconicLepus You are a good friend with a cool dog. Good taste in music, also. Believe in yourself, you're a good builder and are destined for greatness later on.

vivalospride The man whomst has an immediately recognizable speech pattern himself. You're a good friend and a good contributor and I respect that. I should try to chat more :|

eht aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
another good friend with many good times spent and bad times helped through

sparrow explodingdaisies Hilomilo Hogg Mahmudkipz Juuno Kink Shiba Various UU folk that I converse with regularly and enjoy the company of. Thanks for accepting my random smalltalk all the time. Have a good day, y'all!

SciencePanda nui Surgeon VigilanteVigoroth pokeblade101 HeroicTobias Le-Hydra Elgino10 my randbats people (that I could find on Smogon, anyway) :D y'all are what makes Randbats a great room and you guys should be proud. Thanks for stickin' around.

Eyan Quote We've never really gotten to know each other too well but i respect the work y'all put in to uu stuff and randbats stuff, respectively, and I hope we can become better friends in the future n_n

TPP you shouted me out on yours so it's only fair that I do on mine. Nice to have another fan of TTube and someone I can chat to about random shit, you're prob one of my better friends over in the RMT area. Keep amchecking, you have great potential!

Rabia allstarapology Fireflame479 Friends i've met and/or helped on my GP adventures, y'all are cool. Rabia, keep amchecking. Asa, big fan.

Last edited:

Kreme

You might be right but you're not correct.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Terrakion @ Rockium Z
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Protect

Moltres @ Choice Specs
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Fire Blast
- Hurricane
- Tailwind

Terrakion has a good chance of OHKOing everything on the field at +2 after SR or small chip and outspeeds everything bar Krookodile. Protect lets Terrakion scout for Krook's move of choice, if it clicks anything that isn't EQ that's a free kill after a boost (doesn't matter if you've boosted or not since if you don't have a boost yet you boost on this turn then kill something the next anyway). If Krookodile clicks EQ that's a free switch for Moltres which heavily threatens this team as well. Moltres is here mainly to bait in Nihilego and U-turn into Terrak which is a free setup opportunity. Otherwise, late game Moltres can provide Tailwind essentially neutering the threat of having Krook revenge killing Terrakion. Moltres also has a lot of good breaking potential here barring Nihilego and if Krook comes in vs Moltres and clicks Knock, having a burnt Krook should mean Terrakion clean sweeps.

crawdaunt.gif
+
manectric-mega.gif

Crawdaunt @ Waterium Z
Ability: Adaptability
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Signal Beam

Ok so when first looking at this team, SD Crawdaunt seemed like a major threat. If it managed to threaten Nihilego or Krookodile with an Aqua Jet, it can set up SD and wreck havoc. Especially since the Florges is running 0 speed. The only tyrant that stands in its way is S rank mon Hydreigon.

This is where its partner, Manectric, comes in. Signal Beam lures Hydreigon and puts it in +2 Aqua Jet range. It can also potentially lure Krookodile so that it doesn't attempt Intimidate shenanigans. If Nihilego attempts to come in on it, then it can bring in Crawdaunt for free as well.

+

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Steadfast
Timid Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Flash Cannon
- Vacuum Wave
- Nasty Plot

Moltres @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Roost

Nasty Plot Life Orb Luke can basically pull off a 5-0 once Jelli is dead as it sets up on Nihilego while stomaching a hit by Florges. Hydra is faster but it doesn't want to take a Vacuum Wave, let alone at +2. U-Turn Flyinium Moltres is overall a very nice partner in my opinion as it brings in Nihilego for Luke to get a pretty nifty hit off and force Jelly in to chip it down with Flash Cannon and eventually hazards. Being Jellycent Colbur Berry it'll be forced to recover more often which means it will give Lucario's team more free turns. If Nihilego dies then the team's Moltres switch in is Florges into Hydra/Jelly hoping to catch the Fire move, which Supersonic Skystrike yeets into another dimention.
Hydro Pump/Dark Pulse/Aura Sphere Mega Stoise could work as well, but I like Moltres more for U-Turn support.

Very cool team overall, I love Fightium Z Hydra. :toast:

I'm going to vote for Juuno, even though Specs Tailwind and protect Terrak seem hot.
I don't like SD Crawdaunt in general too too much personally but a non-choice locked variant puts in a lot of work vs this team.

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Random Battle Lead
Looks like Kreme has won once again! Can he pull off a hat trick like Accelgor did in the Teambuilding Competition? Let's see...

Kreme -5
Juuno - 3

---------------------------------------

Our next team is from resident UU mom eht, so big thanks to them n_n

Latios-Mega (M) @ Latiosite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Earthquake
- Roost

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Toxic
- Protect

Togekiss @ Babiri Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Flamethrower
- Nasty Plot
- Roost

Cobalion @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge

Alomomola @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Def / 216 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Wish
- Toxic
- Protect

Balance team I made around Roost + 3 Attacks Mega Lati. Its defensive presence is pretty crucial on this team cause it makes for a really solid answer to Fighting, Water, and Electrics alongside Hippowdon + our Water-types. It supports the Hippowdon + Empoleon core really well by being able to revenge things like Terrakion and Infernape while also being able to soak up hits from Mega Manectric, non-Knock Off Zeraora, Celebi, etc. The final three are there to provide more counterplay to both fat and to physical setup, the latter of which which we actually struggle with a bit. Togekiss gives us a way to soften up fat stuff mid-game as well as 1v1 Scizor to prevent it from U-turning all game, Cobalion gives us a reliable offensive Scizor answer and a lure to Moltres and Chandelure, and Alomomola gives us a backup pivot and blanket check that gets chip with Toxic + Helmet, most crucially on DD Altaria and Fighting moves.

This week will stand no matter the bans that occur tomorrow. Submissions using Latios, Mega Latios, Zeraora, and Bisharp will be allowed no matter the results of the upcoming council vote.

Submissions are due Thursday. Have a good week!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)