Breloom (Concise)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nix_Hex

I hope you make a million dollars
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The current Analysis of Breloom is rather bloated, containing tons of redundant information. I decided to work on the Spore Puncher set, though the other sets still need a lot of work as well. I omitted the first paragraph since its contents were covered in the set analysis. Various team options were included in the Additional Comments secion.

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/breloom

Breloom (Concise)

[SET]
name: Spore Puncher
move 1: Spore
move 2: Focus Punch
move 3: Seed Bomb
move 4: Stone Edge/Substitute
nature: Adamant
item: Toxic Orb
ability: Poison Heal
evs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Spore is Breloom's near exclusive move, sporting 100% accuracy, giving Breloom a chance to cripple one of your opponent's Pokémon. This opens the door for Breloom to use Focus Punch without running the risk of flinching from an opponent's attack. Seed Bomb is Breloom's secondary STAB and can provide Breloom with more coverage against bulky water- and Ground-types while also allowing it to hit Rotom-A. For the last slot, Stone Edge is a powerful move to hit Gyarados and Dragonite on the switch in. In fact, Stone Edge does about 60% to Offensive Gyarados after Intimidate, almost always providing an easy 2HKO. Alternatively, Breloom can use Substitute to give further protection from flinching from Focus Punch and to recover more HP with Poison Heal. Facade can work in tandem with Toxic Orb to hit Flying-types that Breloom often has trouble with, and deals about 40% to max HP Celebi. Mach Punch can be used to help Breloom become a revenge killer for weakened Heatran and Weaville, but watch out for Ice Shard on the latter. The EVs are straightforward, allowing for max Attack with Adamant nature and 12 HP to give Breloom the magic Poison Heal number of 33 HP per turn. With the remaining EVs in Speed, Breloom can outrun defensive Suicune, Rotom-A, and BaitTar.

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
Since this set will likely force a lot of switches, Breloom greatly appreciates Stealth Rock support. This allows for further damage to Flying-types such as Gyarados and Zapdos. This constant switching also allows you opportunities to set up with Pokémon like Dragon Dance Gyarados or Swords Dance Scizor, both making excellent partners with Breloom. Breloom's typing allows it to switch in on Swampert or Tyranitar and defeat them, allowing Pokemon like Heatran to function more effectively.

Nix_Hex

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If he wouldn't mind, I can hopefully get it done by the end of the week or mid next week, since I already have ideas for the other sets. The on-site analysis really is an eyesore and clearly violates the guidelines in this announcement: Once You Go Black... (On Length of Analyses). I'll PM SDS and see what he thinks because I spent a good chunk of time shortening that set.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm working on it, don't bother.

I'm rewriting the *entire* analysis, because concising is less efficient than just fixing the SOB.

Nix_Hex

Well, I'd rather it see it get totally revamped, so take your time and make it as good as possible!

Setsuna

Prototype
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah this was said in Breloom's thread when I closed it. However, thank you for the effort put behind the updating of this set, NixHex. Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)