Mechanics Copycat + Protean

What type of bug are you reporting? Mechanics

What is the bug?
Hello, i ask in Help Channel first to be sure, so now i'm there.

The Bug i found, Is about Protean, and Copycat.

When, for exemple, Meowscarada use Copycat, in-Game it copy the type of the move it gonna copy with Copycat.
In Showdown however, it just copy the type of copycat instead. Turning Meowscarada (for exemple) into a Normal type, instead of the move that was gonna be reproduce.

Are you able to replicate it? If so, how?
Rather simple really, i was trying it earlier, wanted to do something i do in-game with meowscarada and Houndstone.

In double battle, Houndstone use Last Respect, with lagging tail to be use to act last, then Next turn, Meowscarada (usually) act first, using Copycat, copying Last Respect, turning into a ghost type, then using the move.

But earlier on Showdown, it didn't work the way it was intended. Instead... It just turn Meowscarada into a Normal type. I think i know what happened, as Protean probably got code to copy the type of the move that is being used, and not the move that gonna be use by Copycat.

I retry this scene just to make sure, and also to show it in Help to make sure it belonged here, So if you need to check, here's a Replay of me trying this exact Bug in showdown Situation.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9doublesou-2121947361

This is a really specific bug, That if it's still in that situation, it because probably nobody ever wanted to try Meowscarada Protean with Copycat before. Which explain how it was never found before.

Irpachuza

You didn't get this far by giving up, did you?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Random Battle Lead
Found this ingame footage showcasing the right behavior as described by the reporter

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)