SM UU Clang Gang

Adaam

إسمي جف
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Grand Slam Winner
1540168557438.png
1540168560083.png

Introduction
Hello everyone, I wanted to share one of my most successful teams in SM UU. It has amassed a solid 4-0 record so far in UU majors, but since I used it so many times already I figured it won't hurt to post the full team here. The team is an offensive one based around Mega Sharpedo, one of the tier's premier Mega Evolutions, and it showcases some rising stars in Kommo-o and Rotom-H. It also displays Primarina and Scizor, some of UU's strongest staples.

1540169000965.png
1540169009084.png
1540169017324.png
1540169032376.png
1540169468222.png
1540169042305.png

Teambuilding Process

1540169000965.png
1540169009084.png

The team started off with the classic offensive core with Mega Sharpedo and Scizor. This tried and true core works very well, with Scizor beating up on the Fairy-types that can eat a Crunch. Both Pokemon offer immense role compression for offensive teams with their good coverage and speed control, but they still have some holes that need to be covered.

1540169000965.png
1540169009084.png
1540169017324.png

Primarina was the next partner and provides the team with the immediate breaking power that it otherwise lacks. Mega Sharpedo and Scizor struggle a bit with bulky Water- and Ground-types, so adding Primarina seemed natural. It also provides a Draco switch-in for the ubiquitous Hydreigon.

1540169000965.png
1540169009084.png
1540169017324.png
1540169032376.png

The team needed Stealth Rock, and Kommo-o provides just that. At this point the team was toasted by Mega Manectric, so having my hazard setter beat it was a huge plus. Having another way to punish Scald was also nice, since Primarina wants to be as healthy as possible to check the tier's Dragons.

1540169000965.png
1540169009084.png
1540169017324.png
1540169032376.png
1540169468222.png

Obligatory Krookodile provides a million and a half things. Volt blocker, immediate speed for Mega Aerodactyl, Mega Manectric, and Latias, Intimidate etc need I go on?

1540169000965.png
1540169009084.png
1540169017324.png
1540169032376.png
1540169468222.png
1540169042305.png

The last slot had to provide a lot of role compression. I wanted a Ground-type immunity, a Defogger, and an alternate Scizor check since Mega Sharpedo was not enough. Rotom-H fills these roles brilliantly and holds the team together extremely well.

In-Depth Look

1540169827786.png

Sharpedo-Mega @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Ice Fang
- Crunch
- Psychic Fangs

I find it extremely difficult to build an effective offense team without Mega Sharpedo. It offensively threatens so many Pokemon at +1 Speed that otherwise can blow holes against offense, such as CM Latias, Scizor, Chandelure, Mega Aerodactyl, and Slowbro. Mega Sharpedo should be kept in the back until it is able to clean the rest of the opponent's team, but there will be games where it is best to evolve it a bit early and fire off some Crunches. This applies mainly to bulkier teams, as if they lack Alomomola, they often rely on something like Mega Aggron/Steelix or Swampert to check Mega Sharpedo. One of the cool things about Mega Sharpedo is that it can bust through the tier's most common Fairy-types with Ice Fang (namely Togekiss and Mega Altaria), and its sturdier checks like Florges are not seen very much.

If Bisharp stays, then I suggest changing Psychic Fangs to Earthquake. It comes with the benefit of 2HKOing Klefki and Cobalion as well, and you still retain the ability to hit Fighting-types like Terrakion and Infernape. The loss of damage against Kommo-o and Amoonguss is annoying though, but Bisharp is more important. Jolly Mega Sharpedo is to avoid being revenge killed by Krookodile and Scarf Hydreigon.

1540170808439.png

Scizor @ Iron Plate
Ability: Technician
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Bug Bite

Scizor is the tier's most threatening sweeper and mandates multiple Bullet Punch resists to not outright lose to it. It pairs nicely with Mega Sharpedo by setting up on stuff like Florges, Klefki, and Mega Altaria without Flamethrower. Scizor also tends to lure in general bulky stuff like Suicune, Alomomola, Hippowdon, and Swampert, which get chipped heavily by a +2 Bug Bite and subsequently opens the door for Mega Sharpedo. Scizor also serves a crucial role as a revenge killer that doesn't lock itself into a move. This is especially important for the Terrakion matchup, as relying solely on Krookodile is dangerous since Earthquake gives a bunch of stuff free turns, and Mega Sharpedo risks getting Rock Polished on.

The spread creeps Klefki with a bit more Speed for other Pokemon creeping it. I opted for Superpower and Bug Bite as the coverage moves since getting walled by Steel-types blows chunks, and I want to hit Water-types as hard as possible at +2. Knock Off isn't really needed since Doublade and Jelliecent are so rare, and the teams matchup against Chandelure is very good.

1540171325745.png

Primarina @ Choice Specs
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Sparkling Aria
- Moonblast
- Psychic

Specs Primarina plows through any team lacking one of two counters in Empoleon or Blissey. The latter of which is also 2HKOd by Torrent Hydro Pump which is fucking ridiculous. Primarina's typing comes in clutch for this team with Hydreigon being able to drop a Draco on half the team. Primarina is also the team's sole Fighting-type resist, and it is thus key in matchups against Infernape and Cobalion. Play Primarina conservatively against these teams, otherwise bring it in as early as possible and start clicking buttons. The set is pretty standard, but I prefer Sparkling Aria over Scald for the power and crippling your damage output for the burn chance is stupid imo. It also comes with the added benefits of hitting the uncommon Sub Chandelure and Moltres.

1540171654123.png

Kommo-o @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Close Combat
- Clanging Scales

:clanger: :clanger:. The god of UU himself, Kommo-o finds a powerful niche on this team by providing the crucial Stealth Rock and annoying the hell out of any fat build lacking a Fairy-type. Taunt in particular is an excellent move, and I prefer it over a 3rd attack to cripple stuff like Alomomola, Hippowdon, Gligar, Jellicent, and Defog Mega Altaria/Togekiss. Clanging Scales is stupidly spammable, even without a Life Orb, and Close Combat still cripples the stuff it needs to like Empoleon and Blissey. Defensively, Kommo-o absorbs Scald and checks big threats in Crawdaunt, Stakataka, Volcanion, and Mega Manectric/Zeraora. Being hard walled, however, by Fairy-types is annoying, but outside of Primarina, the team has plenty of countermeasures for them.

1540172057710.png

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge

At this point everyone and their grandmothers knows what Scarf Krookodile does. Its amazing typing, ability, and utility in Knock Off and Pursuit are welcome on pretty much any team. It provides an early game pivot into stuff like Mega Aerodactyl, Mega Manectric, Mega Sharpedo, and sometimes opposing Krookodile. Intimidate in particularly is supremely useful for de-fanging Mega Sharpedo and creating set up opportunities for Scizor and my own Sharpedo. Revenge killing stuff like Cobalion and Terrakion is also huge, but I suggest avoiding using Krookodile against these Pokemon since locking yourself into Earthquake is often more harmful than good.

1540172331551.png

Rotom-Heat @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 8 SpA / 248 Spe
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Toxic
- Defog

I am in love with Rotom-H, and this set is particularly amazing right now. The amount of compression this provides is unmatched, as it provides the team with a much needed pivot into SD Scizor, Mamoswine, Moltres, Mega Pidgeot, Krookodile, Mega Aggron/Steelix, and Hippowdon. The team is also deathly afraid of Toxic Spikes and Spikes, so having a solid Defogger is critical in avoiding Klefki and Tentacruel imposing their will. Rotom-H does an excellent job in bringing in the teams breakers and wearing down stuff for Mega Sharpedo. Latias and Hydreigon are popular switch-ins, so Volt Switch into Primarina is a great play. Ground-types like Krookodile and Hippowdon are also common switch-ins, so a well timed Toxic opens the door for a late game Mega Sharpedo sweep. It is important to not be too reckless with Rotom-H. It is the team's only Ground-type immunity, so Krookodile can potentially clean if Rotom-H is sacked prematurely.

Rotom-H also serves as a pivot into Fairy-types like Togekiss, Mega Altaria, and Florges. The early game strategy is to bring Rotom-H in, use Toxic, then Volt Switch into Scizor. This gets good chip damage and brings Scizor in without letting it take damage.

1540172658295.png
Threatlist
1540172708151.png
1540172727159.png
1540172733715.png
1540172740245.png
1540172747927.png
1540173056010.png

Fighting-type resist Primarina means the tier's Fighting-types can potentially have their way with the team. Cobalion and Terrakion in particular are huge threats since they can use Rock Polish to make revenge killing them difficult if Scizor goes down or Primarina is chipped. CB Infernape and Flame Orb Heracross can also get a kill if they find a free turn. NP Lucario circumvents Scarf Krook and Mega Sharpedo as revenge killers, but it finds less setup opportunities.

In these matchups, preserving Primarina and Scizor (in Terrakion’s case) is key. Play smartly and avoid making short-term plays, like locking Krook into Knock Off, that will give them a free boost.

1540172870913.png

The Nasty Plot set can be pretty threatening, even though I have Scizor and two Dark-types. It outspeeds and can OHKO Kommo-o, Primarina, and Rotom-H depending on the Z-move it runs, and Krookodile cannot OHKO it with Knock Off. Mega Sharpedo always revenge kills, but it needs to Mega Evolve to do so.

1540172968411.png

Suicune is broken. The CroCune set can be annoying to break, but Knocking Off its Leftovers in conjunction with Taunt Kommo-o can pressure it (no pun intended).

1540173106286.png

This is a low key massive threat and often ends in me sacking Scizor to chip it into Krookodile's range. It also makes Volt Switching nigh impossible since giving it a boost is asking to lose.

Replays

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7uu-405925 vs Kink

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7uu-403950 vs Sage

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7uu-399034 vs Cynara

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-808200070 vs Harris

Conclusion

This team gives a good glimpse as to what offense looks like right now, although a potential Bisharp could shake that up. There are a lot of people I wanna shout out, but too many to do individuals. Barclay gang, Smashers, MSPL, y'all know who you are. Special shoutout to fellow ladder heroes Yifeng, pokeisfun, and Clefable for understanding that ladder is life.

Primarina @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Sparkling Aria
- Moonblast
- Psychic

Scizor @ Iron Plate
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Bug Bite

Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Ice Fang
- Crunch
- Psychic Fangs

Kommo-o @ Dragonium Z
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Close Combat
- Clanging Scales

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge

Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Toxic
- Defog

Attachments

Last edited:

vivalospride

can’t rest in peace cause they diggin me
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Aye, huge fan of you and this is a dope team as it is. I think teams like this are super fun rn and I've used mixed taunt rocks Kommo a lot recently too and it's def rlly fuckin good despite being walled by fairies. The weakness to fighting type mons is SUPER common on teams with Rotom-H on it I've found, we used to primarily use shit like Moltres and Chandelure as our Scizor answers but Rotom-H has taken over because of how good it is at compressing the roles of being hazard removal, sciz check, and a Moltres check. However one thing Chandy/Moltres/or even Tentacruel has over Rotom-H is a fighting resistance. One thing I dislike about the team is how reliant it is on Scizor to check fairies as well. Kommo lets fairies in for free every time which is something you noted but there are SO many fairies that run fire coverage just for Scizor (Malt, Toge, Florges, etc). The team has Kommo + Shark + Krook, fairies are annoying by default and I think this team needs a poison type p badly. Other than a few things like that the team is super solid but let's see what can be done.

- The first thing I thought about was adding Nidoking/Nidoqueen in as the rocker because they also check Zera like Kommo does but on top of that they can pressure fighting mons a bit, absorb tspikes, and most importantly abuse tf out of fairies for free turns which is something shark rlly appreciates. I went with Nidoking > Nidoqueen because of the offensive nature of the team, and going Nidoking would free up some other shit down the line. Set is standard.
Nidoking @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Beam
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power

- The next thing I did was a large reason I was so confident on putting Nidoking in that slot over Kommo. I did Hydreigon > Krookodile for that amazing pivot + breaker synergy that Hydreigon + Nidoking has. Hydreigon U-Turning on oncoming fairies to get Nidoking onto the field to set rocks or just click moves. With Nidoking on the team now, Krook's ground typing isn't as necessary either, making Hydreigon a great substitute as it is still able to check ghosts like Krook was but it also retains the dragon typing of the lost Kommo. Hydreigon also gives something that can check Celebi assuming they dont catch you with dgleam. Set is standard.
Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn
- Fire Blast

Smaller changes:
- I did bulky prima > Choice Specs because it still chips shit that mshark likes chipped just fine, but it provides a much more reliable fighting check to mons that this team struggles a lot with like Lucario and Cobalion. Adding Nidoking made this a lot easier to pull off b/c of the breaking power Nidoking provides, making the breaking power of Specs Prima not 100% necessary. This also absorbs status very effectively which can be really helpful for this team.
- S/o Sage for this spread that I've enjoyed using on Scizor for a while but I think it'd fit very well on this team. Doing Nidoking + Drei > Kommo + Krook made the elec z Lati matchup a lot more stressful, so going a much bulkier Scizor set might be cool here to check Lati more reliably. 156 Hp / 244 Atk / 100 SpD / 8 Spe tanks +1 elec z from Lati after rocks and it's running roost for more longevity as it's like the only real cm lati answer here. I also went with bug z Scizor to surprise some Quagsires that are chipped because losing Kommo hurt the stall matchup a bit.
- Went with Adamant > Jolly on shark to pressure bulky waters a bit more because losing Kommo hurts the fat m/u in general.
- 20 SpA on Rotom-H to OHKO Celebi after rocks would be appreciated on a Celebi weak team.

Primarina @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Moonblast
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Scizor @ Buginium Z
EVs: 156 HP / 244 Atk / 100 SpD / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Ice Fang
- Crunch
- Psychic Fangs

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Beam
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn
- Fire Blast

EVs: 236 HP / 20 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Toxic
- Defog

That's it, we discussed this a bit already but this does help the matchup vs more offensive mons a lot while hurting the fat matchup a little bit. The fat matchup is still very much doable though with adamant shark, prima for status absorption, toxic on heattom, a toxic immune rocker, and bug z on Scizor for surprise nukes. Knowing your skill level you shouldn't have much of an issue. Either way this team looks super fun whether it's my version or yours so lmk how shit goes w/ it if you do decide

Adaam

إسمي جف
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Grand Slam Winner
vivalospride

I like your changes and the logic behind them. They do a good job at taking care of the threatlist, namely the big bad Fighters of UU. I have some comments on them, I hope you find my feedback helpful:

IMO dropping Superpower on Scizor is not possible on this team. Cobalion is already a massive threat, and the U-Turn set just gives it free turns all day. Superpower is also needed to damage opposing Scizor and prevent Empoleon from getting free Defogs. The replays against Sage and Kink demonstrate how important Superpower is, I don’t think I’d have won without it.

In the same vein, the Scizor spread for Lati is convenient, but I think even with your changes it’s unnecessary. Electrium Lati will (at least shouldn’t) be running roost, so worst case I trade damage with Scizor and revenge with Sharpedo or Hydreigon/Krook (depending on the version of the team). I think creeping opposing Scizor is more important, but that’s my opinion.

I’ve already discussed with you my thoughts on bulky Primarina, so I’ll move on to the Pokemon changes. They bring up an interesting dilemma between balancing defensive utility and offensive pressure. I think my current team is better at offensive synergy, but this is not saying your changes are bad. They’re quite good, and I’m just a stubborn sack of shit. However, some things I noticed, based on my experience with the team, is that my team would struggle more trying to break without Kommo-o. Consider Emp/Hippo, for example. Nidoking cannot switch into either like Kommo-o could, and Drei is too weak to bust through. Bulky Prim 1v1s both but needs a lot of turns to kill Empoleon, and Empoleon will get to force a Rest. See the replay against Kink as a good example of Kommo-o in the Hippowdon matchup. Furthermore, Kommo-o punishes Scald span very effectively, while Drei is again too weak to take advantage of its Water-type resist.

Lastly, while it might seem that Scizor is overly relied on for Fairy-types, Rotom-H does an excellent job at pivoting into them. Mega Altaria, Togekiss, Florges, and Klefki all give Rotom-H free turns to Toxic and Volt Out, bringing Scizor in safely. Togekiss and Mega Altaria also take heavy damage from Ice Fang. Primarina is trickier, but the fat set is 1v1ed by my own Prim. The Specs set kills shit lmao but when does it not :mehowth:

That being said, I cannot deny that your version is much stronger against SD Cobalion, Terrakion, Lucario, and Infernape. Celebi is also handled better with Drei as the scarfer over Krook. Both versions of the teams have their merits and I appreciate your rate :heart:

vivalospride

can’t rest in peace cause they diggin me
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
vivalospride

I like your changes and the logic behind them. They do a good job at taking care of the threatlist, namely the big bad Fighters of UU. I have some comments on them, I hope you find my feedback helpful:

IMO dropping Superpower on Scizor is not possible on this team. Cobalion is already a massive threat, and the U-Turn set just gives it free turns all day. Superpower is also needed to damage opposing Scizor and prevent Empoleon from getting free Defogs. The replays against Sage and Kink demonstrate how important Superpower is, I don’t think I’d have won without it.

In the same vein, the Scizor spread for Lati is convenient, but I think even with your changes it’s unnecessary. Electrium Lati will (at least shouldn’t) be running roost, so worst case I trade damage with Scizor and revenge with Sharpedo or Hydreigon/Krook (depending on the version of the team). I think creeping opposing Scizor is more important, but that’s my opinion.

I’ve already discussed with you my thoughts on bulky Primarina, so I’ll move on to the Pokemon changes. They bring up an interesting dilemma between balancing defensive utility and offensive pressure. I think my current team is better at offensive synergy, but this is not saying your changes are bad. They’re quite good, and I’m just a stubborn sack of shit. However, some things I noticed, based on my experience with the team, is that my team would struggle more trying to break without Kommo-o. Consider Emp/Hippo, for example. Nidoking cannot switch into either like Kommo-o could, and Drei is too weak to bust through. Bulky Prim 1v1s both but needs a lot of turns to kill Empoleon, and Empoleon will get to force a Rest. See the replay against Kink as a good example of Kommo-o in the Hippowdon matchup. Furthermore, Kommo-o punishes Scald span very effectively, while Drei is again too weak to take advantage of its Water-type resist.

Lastly, while it might seem that Scizor is overly relied on for Fairy-types, Rotom-H does an excellent job at pivoting into them. Mega Altaria, Togekiss, Florges, and Klefki all give Rotom-H free turns to Toxic and Volt Out, bringing Scizor in safely. Togekiss and Mega Altaria also take heavy damage from Ice Fang. Primarina is trickier, but the fat set is 1v1ed by my own Prim. The Specs set kills shit lmao but when does it not :mehowth:

That being said, I cannot deny that your version is much stronger against SD Cobalion, Terrakion, Lucario, and Infernape. Celebi is also handled better with Drei as the scarfer over Krook. Both versions of the teams have their merits and I appreciate your rate :heart:
Yo it's 8am and I just woke up so forgive me if i say some stupid shit rn lmao. Anyways I agree 100% w/ the superpower mention about Scizor and I was super hesitant to make it a set w/o Superpower. I don't necessarily think my set would make the team worse but Superpower is way too nice here so ye. I think the Z move is p important for surprising quags n shit, just having a nuke on Scizor would be helpful, whether it's fight z or bug z. As for the hippo + empo shit, bulky prima breaks both hippo and empo as you said while Nidoking does as well but it can't come in on either. One of the main reasons Hydreigon was put onto the team was specifically to get Nidok onto the field safety as the perfect pivot partner for it, so even if it can't just come hard into Hippo/Empo, it'll have it's opportunities to shred that core. I agree w/ your comments on Rotom-H and helping the fairy matchup more than meets the eye as well, however Rotom-H is like a little overworked on this team at this point w/ being rocks weak hazard removal, sciz check, bird check, fairy pivot, etc. Making my point about wanting a bit more to pressure fairies still kinda valid, just makes it easier on the team. Primarina is dead trickier I agree, but I still think there's still outplay potential w/ an extra fairy resist/revenge killer in Nidoking n shit. Either way dw about being a stubborn sack of shit b/c if I posted a rate and someone changed the fuckin CLANGER then i'd be pretty livid myself LOL. Lmk if I didn't touch on anything it's too early for this shit.

Hello everyone, I wanted to share one of my most successful teams in SM UU. It has amassed a solid 4-0 record so far in UU majors, but since I used it so many times already I figured it won't hurt to post the full team here. The team is an offensive one based around Mega Sharpedo, one of the tier's premier Mega Evolutions, and it showcases some rising stars in Kommo-o and Rotom-H. It also displays Primarina and Scizor, some of UU's strongest staples.

View attachment 142277View attachment 142279
The team started off with the classic offensive core with Mega Sharpedo and Scizor. This tried and true core works very well, with Scizor beating up on the Fairy-types that can eat a Crunch. Both Pokemon offer immense role compression for offensive teams with their good coverage and speed control, but they still have some holes that need to be covered.

View attachment 142277View attachment 142279View attachment 142280
Primarina was the next partner and provides the team with the immediate breaking power that it otherwise lacks. Mega Sharpedo and Scizor struggle a bit with bulky Water- and Ground-types, so adding Primarina seemed natural. It also provides a Draco switch-in for the ubiquitous Hydreigon.

View attachment 142277View attachment 142279View attachment 142280View attachment 142282
The team needed Stealth Rock, and Kommo-o provides just that. At this point the team was toasted by Mega Manectric, so having my hazard setter beat it was a huge plus. Having another way to punish Scald was also nice, since Primarina wants to be as healthy as possible to check the tier's Dragons.

View attachment 142277View attachment 142279View attachment 142280View attachment 142282View attachment 142284
Obligatory Krookodile provides a million and a half things. Volt blocker, immediate speed for Mega Aerodactyl, Mega Manectric, and Latias, Intimidate etc need I go on?

View attachment 142277View attachment 142279View attachment 142280View attachment 142282View attachment 142284View attachment 142283
The last slot had to provide a lot of role compression. I wanted a Ground-type immunity, a Defogger, and an alternate Scizor check since Mega Sharpedo was not enough. Rotom-H fills these roles brilliantly and holds the team together extremely well.

In-Depth Look

View attachment 142285

Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Ice Fang
- Crunch
- Psychic Fangs

I find it extremely difficult to build an effective offense team without Mega Sharpedo. It offensively threatens so many Pokemon at +1 Speed that otherwise can blow holes against offense, such as CM Latias, Scizor, Chandelure, Mega Aerodactyl, and Slowbro. Mega Sharpedo should be kept in the back until it is able to clean the rest of the opponent's team, but there will be games where it is best to evolve it a bit early and fire off some Crunches. This applies mainly to bulkier teams, as if they lack Alomomola, they often rely on something like Mega Aggron/Steelix or Swampert to check Mega Sharpedo. One of the cool things about Mega Sharpedo is that it can bust through the tier's most common Fairy-types with Ice Fang (namely Togekiss and Mega Altaria), and its sturdier checks like Florges are not seen very much.

If Bisharp stays, then I suggest changing Psychic Fangs to Earthquake. It comes with the benefit of 2HKOing Klefki and Cobalion as well, and you still retain the ability to hit Fighting-types like Terrakion and Infernape. The loss of damage against Kommo-o and Amoonguss is annoying though, but Bisharp is more important. Jolly Mega Sharpedo is to avoid being revenge killed by Krookodile and Scarf Hydreigon.

View attachment 142291

Scizor @ Iron Plate
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Bug Bite

Scizor is the tier's most threatening sweeper and mandates multiple Bullet Punch resists to not outright lose to it. It pairs nicely with Mega Sharpedo by setting up on stuff like Florges, Klefki, and Mega Altaria without Flamethrower. Scizor also tends to lure in general bulky stuff like Suicune, Alomomola, Hippowdon, and Swampert, which get chipped heavily by a +2 Bug Bite and subsequently opens the door for Mega Sharpedo. Scizor also serves a crucial role as a revenge killer that doesn't lock itself into a move. This is especially important for the Terrakion matchup, as relying solely on Krookodile is dangerous since Earthquake gives a bunch of stuff free turns, and Mega Sharpedo risks getting Rock Polished on.

The spread creeps Klefki with a bit more Speed for other Pokemon creeping it. I opted for Superpower and Bug Bite as the coverage moves since getting walled by Steel-types blows chunks, and I want to hit Water-types as hard as possible at +2. Knock Off isn't really needed since Doublade and Jelliecent are so rare, and the teams matchup against Chandelure is very good.

View attachment 142293

Primarina @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Sparkling Aria
- Moonblast
- Psychic

Specs Primarina plows through any team lacking one of two counters in Empoleon or Blissey. The latter of which is also 2HKOd by Torrent Hydro Pump which is fucking ridiculous. Primarina's typing comes in clutch for this team with Hydreigon being able to drop a Draco on half the team. Primarina is also the team's sole Fighting-type resist, and it is thus key in matchups against Infernape and Cobalion. Play Primarina conservatively against these teams, otherwise bring it in as early as possible and start clicking buttons. The set is pretty standard, but I prefer Sparkling Aria over Scald for the power and crippling your damage output for the burn chance is stupid imo. It also comes with the added benefits of hitting the uncommon Sub Chandelure and Moltres.

View attachment 142294
Kommo-o @ Dragonium Z
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Close Combat
- Clanging Scales

:clanger: :clanger:. The god of UU himself, Kommo-o finds a powerful niche on this team by providing the crucial Stealth Rock and annoying the hell out of any fat build lacking a Fairy-type. Taunt in particular is an excellent move, and I prefer it over a 3rd attack to cripple stuff like Alomomola, Hippowdon, Gligar, Jellicent, and Defog Mega Altaria/Togekiss. Clanging Scales is stupidly spammable, even without a Life Orb, and Close Combat still cripples the stuff it needs to like Empoleon and Blissey. Defensively, Kommo-o absorbs Scald and checks big threats in Crawdaunt, Stakataka, Volcanion, and Mega Manectric/Zeraora. Being hard walled, however, by Fairy-types is annoying, but outside of Primarina, the team has plenty of countermeasures for them.

View attachment 142296
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge

At this point everyone and their grandmothers knows what Scarf Krookodile does. Its amazing typing, ability, and utility in Knock Off and Pursuit are welcome on pretty much any team. It provides an early game pivot into stuff like Mega Aerodactyl, Mega Manectric, Mega Sharpedo, and sometimes opposing Krookodile. Intimidate in particularly is supremely useful for de-fanging Mega Sharpedo and creating set up opportunities for Scizor and my own Sharpedo. Revenge killing stuff like Cobalion and Terrakion is also huge, but I suggest avoiding using Krookodile against these Pokemon since locking yourself into Earthquake is often more harmful than good.

View attachment 142297

Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Toxic
- Defog

I am in love with Rotom-H, and this set is particularly amazing right now. The amount of compression this provides is unmatched, as it provides the team with a much needed pivot into SD Scizor, Mamoswine, Moltres, Mega Pidgeot, Krookodile, Mega Aggron/Steelix, and Hippowdon. The team is also deathly afraid of Toxic Spikes and Spikes, so having a solid Defogger is critical in avoiding Klefki and Tentacruel imposing their will. Rotom-H does an excellent job in bringing in the teams breakers and wearing down stuff for Mega Sharpedo. Latias and Hydreigon are popular switch-ins, so Volt Switch into Primarina is a great play. Ground-types like Krookodile and Hippowdon are also common switch-ins, so a well timed Toxic opens the door for a late game Mega Sharpedo sweep. It is important to not be too reckless with Rotom-H. It is the team's only Ground-type immunity, so Krookodile can potentially clean if Rotom-H is sacked prematurely.

Rotom-H also serves as a pivot into Fairy-types like Togekiss, Mega Altaria, and Florges. The early game strategy is to bring Rotom-H in, use Toxic, then Volt Switch into Scizor. This gets good chip damage and brings Scizor in without letting it take damage.

View attachment 142300View attachment 142301View attachment 142302View attachment 142303View attachment 142308
Fighting-type resist Primarina means the tier's Fighting-types can potentially have their way with the team. Cobalion and Terrakion in particular are huge threats since they can use Rock Polish to make revenge killing them difficult if Scizor goes down or Primarina is chipped. CB Infernape and Flame Orb Heracross can also get a kill if they find a free turn. NP Lucario circumvents Scarf Krook and Mega Sharpedo as revenge killers, but it finds less setup opportunities.

In these matchups, preserving Primarina and Scizor (in Terrakion’s case) is key. Play smartly and avoid making short-term plays, like locking Krook into Knock Off, that will give them a free boost.

View attachment 142305
The Nasty Plot set can be pretty threatening, even though I have Scizor and two Dark-types. It outspeeds and can OHKO Kommo-o, Primarina, and Rotom-H depending on the Z-move it runs, and Krookodile cannot OHKO it with Knock Off. Mega Sharpedo always revenge kills, but it needs to Mega Evolve to do so.

View attachment 142306
Suicune is broken. The CroCune set can be annoying to break, but Knocking Off its Leftovers in conjunction with Taunt Kommo-o can pressure it (no pun intended).

View attachment 142309
This is a low key massive threat and often ends in me sacking Scizor to chip it into Krookodile's range. It also makes Volt Switching nigh impossible since giving it a boost is asking to lose.

Replays

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7uu-405925 vs Kink

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7uu-403950 vs Sage

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7uu-399034 vs Cynara

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-808200070 vs Harris

Conclusion

This team gives a good glimpse as to what offense looks like right now, although a potential Bisharp could shake that up. There are a lot of people I wanna shout out, but too many to do individuals. Barclay gang, Smashers, MSPL, y'all know who you are. Special shoutout to fellow ladder heroes Yifeng, pokeisfun, and Clefable for understanding that ladder is life.

Primarina @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Sparkling Aria
- Moonblast
- Psychic

Scizor @ Iron Plate
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Bug Bite

Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Ice Fang
- Crunch
- Psychic Fangs

Kommo-o @ Dragonium Z
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Close Combat
- Clanging Scales

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge

Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Toxic
- Defog
Hii, I’m really really new to UU, and am just posting to ask why it’s Dragonium over Kommonium Z on Kommo-o. I’m sure you have a reason just wanted to ask, since Kommonium raises stats, Dragonium doesn’t.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)