Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Protect
- Seismic Toss
- Ice Beam

keeps alive

CB Megahorn and CG Shadow Ball both 2HKO your Metagross and you can't OHKO either Heracross or Gengar. You only have a shot at a OHKO on Gengar if it has a -Def nature, which seems unlikely if it's carrying CG.

Your Mamoswine takes up to 54% from Garchomp's Fire Blast and without Ice Pebble is unable to do anything about the possible 2HKO. Mamoswine's presence should be enough to scare it off initially, but if it catches on that your don't have Ice Pebble you may have problems.

lol @ Blissey.

Aromatherapy . Softboiled . Seismic Toss . Wish / Ice Beam

Calm Mind . Thunderbolt . Ice Beam . Softboiled

Those are basically the only sets that work. >>

Misty

oh
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
That's hardly a bad set at all, actually. Harder to beat Azelf without Thunder Wave, though.

Shouldn't Manmuu have Ice Pebble for Landshark? It can't really take a hit from it.

Your lack of a Dark resist or a Fighting resist could be crippling... I dunno about Rampard myself, I think I'd end up dropping it for something a bit more sturdy. Mukkuhawk is a perfectly fine revenge unit, and it's not like Rampard does much else.

Dont lol at Wishey, its great. The only Blissey I could ever use in ADV is a Wish version.

Now, to the team,
As said before, Metagross does take a lot of damage from Gar and Hera, so it may not be the best choice as a "counter"
Rampardos is real shaky, only time will tell
Mamoswine is IMO overrated as a Garchomp counter, as most will carry Fire Blast, and getting tagged by that on the Switch is not fun for the Mammoth.
Gengar isnt going to beat Blissey with Focus Bomb, so TTar is its only use, and the 70% accuracy is always a turn off.
Starptor is sweet. Just make sure you predict correctly, as with any Choice Bander.
Blissey is cool like that, but with the improvments that Special Attackers got this generation, you may need some kind of Special Defense for it to really wall.

Keep in mind that this is all specualtion, as there is no real way to tell whats going to work and whats not, at least for another 2 months or so.

Heracross?

Fills a similar role to Rampardos. You might want Choice Scarf on it to stop Azelf since you lack Thunder Wave on Blissey.

Weavile might work better actually as it stops both Garchomp and Azelf sweeping and doesn't need Choice Scarf/Band to do it either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)