SV OU Dachsbun Stall Team

:sv/dachsbun: | :sv/skarmory: | :sv/blissey: | :sv/dondozo: | :sv/gliscor: | :sv/clefable:

https://pokepast.es/bc54879be0dae6de
Introduction

I was hoping to show off this team when I got to 1500s, but it looks like I can't get that high because I'm bad. Anyways, this is a somewhat unique team that I've created that uses Dachsbun to fill a lot of roles on a stall team while also checking a large number of threats. I'm kinda happy with this team and I hope with a few more revisions, it might climb higher in ladder.

Proof of Peak
1709351413568.png

I didn't get a screenshot of my top peak, that was around 1450. This was about where I was able to get to after losing a few games.

The Team

:sv/dachsbun:
Dachsbun @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Well-Baked Body
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Wish
- Lick
- Body Press
- Protect

The main star of the show, Dachsbun was I was interested in due to it's many positives traits that it could bring to a stall team. It completely flips the gouging fire matchup on its head, as the stall team has a semi-reliable way to deal with it. It also is a wish passer for the team, which means the doggo has valuable utility. Finally, even with no EV's, dachsbun outspeeds jolly gambit and can ko it with body press, barring tera. This is amazing for stall, who usually struggle into these matchups. Helping with Hetran and Skeledirge helps too. "But hold on, Dachsbun can't do anything to Skeledirge and is countered by Ghost types." That's where the tech of lick comes in. Lick is by all accounts ... a bad move. 30 bp is horrible, but there is something that is amazing about it. It has a 30% chance to paralysis the target. This means that dachsbun's switch ins have to be careful to not get para'd, which can allow the stall team to play more around some threats. Finally, Tera Grass helps against gouging if they lock into e-quake, and also helps against wogerpon. Overall, dachsbun is an extremely good mon on this stall team and while it sometimes can feel like dead weight, it can also destroy some matchups.

:sv/skarmory:
Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 232 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spikes
- Iron Defense
- Roost
- Body Press

Skarmory is one of the physical walls of the team with some special defensive applications, as well as being the dedicated spiker on the team. Skarmory can soft check many mons, such as moon, by using rocky helmet to chip its opponents. Tera Dragon allows it to wall a few mons better, though usually the normal typing is better. Spikes of course gives the team some more pressure, especially with knock off support, and allows skarmory to always make progress against teams. Iron defense allows it to outboost sweepers such as gambit or hawlucha, which can brute force their way past other mons. Roost gives skarmory longevity to survive these hits and try to get more rocky helmet chip. Finally, Body Press gives skarmory the ability to check gambit and also to become a sweeper in combination with iron defense. Overall, skarmory is an amazing mon on this team and can help with many physical mons such as rillaboom.

:sv/blissey:
Blissey @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Natural Cure
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss

The dedicated special wall of the team, blissey can be amazing for denying any special sweeping sets. Tera dark sets allow it to take on psyshock + np gholdengo, which otherwise destroy this team. Bold nature means that blissey does not get destroyed by physical moves from opponents such as flip turn on primarina, which can 4 hit ko instead of 3 hit koing. Calm mind allows it to boost up so sweepers can't potentially overwhelm it, while soft boiled gives reliable recovery to chip attacks don't wear blissey down. Seismic toss gives blissey reliable damage for opponents that boost their special defense, and shadow ball allows blissey to deal with ghost types, especially gholdengo which otherwise walls it. Overall, there isn't too much to say about this set, as Blissey is just a reliable special wall that can do great in matches.

:sv/dondozo:
Dondozo @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Waterfall
- Curse

One of the standout members of the team, dondozo is of course the primary physical wall of the team. HDB allows Dondozo to switch into the match even if hazards are up on the field. Tera fighting helps in the matchup against gambit as you now resist sucker punch. Rest + sleep talk allows dondozo to heal off damage it has attained throughout a match. Waterfall is a nice stab option that I have found actually is useful for its secondary effect when facing opposing Dondozos that are chipped heavily. Finally, curse allows dondozo to contend with some mons it usually can't deal with unboosted, such as waterpon, while posing a more offensive threat. Overall, dondozo provides some crucial physical defense to this team and can sweep games if left unchecked.

:sv/gliscor:
Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Impish Nature
- Protect
- Bulldoze
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab

Gliscor is the next physical wall on the team, who can also take some special hits, and one of the knock off absorbers on the team. Gliscor can counter a lot of mons in the tier such as tusk and Raging bolt. Tera water is just a good defensive tera type to switch to, though tera steel could also be good. Protect is mandatory on this set to allow gliscor to scout opponents and rack up toxic heal recovery. Bulldoze is an option that was inspired by the clodsire on the hydrapple stall team, as it has much more pp. It also allows gliscor to outrun some targets that might otherwise ko it even after toxic heal. Something like treads with ice spinner may be problematic to gliscor, but with bulldoze, it can make sure treads is defeated. Knock off removes opposing mons items and means that hazards are much more important on the field. Finally, poison jab was at first occupied by poison sting, but that was way too weak so I swapped to poison jab. It still has the 30% poison rate and can deal great damage to rillaboom. Overall, gliscor is a valuable member of this team that can clutch the game out. Tailwind gliscor has offically been retired.

:sv/clefable:
Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Stealth Rock
- Wish
- Knock Off

Clefable is the second knock absorber of the team, but at times it can feel underwhelming, I will admit. Its role can sometimes feel taken by gliscor, but it still has put in work. Leftovers was chosen for the passive recovery it gives, which means clefable can stick around longer. Tera fire is a good defensive typing that can help against some mons such as gambit, though I find you usually will tera something else. Moonblast is a good stab move for clefable and can threaten a few problematic mons such as Dragapult. Stealth rock gives more hazard control and can help against flying type mons. Wish was chosen over moonlight to help give recovery to any teamates that switch in to deal with clefable. Finally, the last moveslot is customisable. I went with knock off because it can guarentee progress against targets as something like glowking does not like losing its boots. Overall, clefable isn't bad persay, but it does have its problems in matches. Sometimes it can be great, but other times it can feel underwhelming.

Threats against the team
:gholdengo: Gholdengo can be a massive problem for this team as if they choose psyshock, which every ghold I ran into seemed to be using, only tera dark blissey can handle it. That obviously makes responding to other threats more difficult as the flexibility of the team is reduced.
:kyurem: Kyurem is another big threat to the team, as blissey is the only thing that can take it on. Dondozo can take on dd variants, but if the suprise me, I could be in a world of pain. It can be alright in some matchups, but not the most pleasant thing to deal with.
:slowking galar: This one is a bit more nuanced as I can play around glowking and it can be dealt with fine on its own. However, future sight shenanigans can destroy the team if I don't position properly. The main answer to it is high health gliscor, which can protect on the attack and take the future sight. It can't do it consistently, but it is dealable.
:dragapult: Dragapult can be a mixed bag for this team. On one hand, specs variants are pretty easy to handle by blissey, which can endlessly wall them. On the other hand, if it is the double status variant, things can get dicey. Blissey can still handle it, but being forced to take a para can be problematic. Forcing bliisey to switch in can allow it to get off a free u-turn, which allows some monsters in.
:rillaboom: Rillaboom can be a problematic matchup if skarmory is defeated or if it predicts correctly. Every other mon on my team is weak to rillaboom, though some level of outplay is decent at limiting rillaboom sweeps.
:ogerpon wellspring: Waterpon can be difficult to deal with if it can come in for free as it can set up on many of my mons. Tera'ing dachsbun or dondozo can help in this regard, but if they are chipped than that can be problematic.

Replays
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2070012919?p2
Dachsbun absolutely clutches the game out against a waterpon that threatened to sweep my team after I had used resources to deal with garganacl.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2070097512
Dachsbun absolutely walls the hell out of Gouging fire, which allows the rest of the stall team to focus on dealing with other threats.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2070118055?p2
Dachsbun doesn't do much in this one, but it does force the zamazenta out often and paralysis the ghold, which is good for the team.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2071471971
Screw psyspam teams. Dachsbun overall didn't do much, but it did keep the armarouge at bay.
Conclusion

In conclusion, this team I found has worked great for me. While it does have some shortcomings, I am confident in its ability to stall out teams. I hope you enjoyed this RMT and have success with this team.

j0nathan

formerly trainer_j0nathan
Very strong team :)
Dachsbun really shines against all those fire types cause some people seem to forget how the ability works.

1LDK

Vengeance
is a Top Team Rater
Hey, I'm not precisely a stall lord or anything, in fact, stall is my worst play style so take what I'm about to say with some salt
I think the team is solid enough, but there are a few areas of improvement

Big changes:

:Clefable: -----> :Clodsire:

While losing clef kinda hurts, clodsire is mandatory in any stall team and that's a fact even I know. This is because of Unawere, which lets you wall most set up sweepers, and if there's something you cannot wall (like kyurem), you relegate it to blissey. And you still have gliscor as a knock off absorber

Clodsire @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 116 HP / 148 Def / 244 SpD
Careful Nature
- Recover
- Amnesia
- Poison Sting
- Bulldoze

I just ripped this spread out from SupaGmoney´s stall team, you have lots of pp to burn, and now you have a way better matchup vs stuff like baloon np gholdengo

small changes:

Make skarmory full defense, because you need every single last drop of defense you might get out of this thing, and of course, keep the speed for kingambit because it's not that unreasonable

On Dondozo, I would say go with the full physical wall set, because curse donzo can get exploited by encore waterpon or out stalled by gouging fire with breaking swipe, the standard physical set, on the other hand, has better instant matchup in the physical attackers you're trying to wall

and that's it, like I said, maybe a stall overlord will look at my rate and say "the absolute fucking state of this guy" but I hope these changes and suggestions finds you well

VicBossMG

MGS enthusiast
is an official Team Rateris a Tiering Contributor
I would suggest these sets:

Dachsbun @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Well-Baked Body
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Roar
- Body Press

Roar is super nice as you can just phase out any set up mons and get major chip for your hazards stacking and gets you the best value possible out of this Pokémon IMO over lick.

For gliscor since you’re not using any hazards I would suggest this set:

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Tera Type: Water/fairy/dragon
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Protect
- Earthquake/facade

This set let’s you beat vs stall it’s really good to break them and force progress with knock off with SD and EQ for stab or can go facade 140 BSP. The speed is to just outspeed raging bolt can go to 250 to make sure if the raging bolt is max speed modest since they go 249 max. Tera Dragon can be used vs wellspring and if you run facade you’ll just do better vs that MU and fairy vs bolt if you don’t run clod but I suggest it.

I agree with 1LDKs clod set,no need for clefable when Clodsire just does the job better and can pp stall while walling raging bolt as well.

For blissey I would stick to your set, but drop semi toss for SR as you can use it as your SR setter allowing clodsire to fill the role as a second sp def wall and suggest 252 def over 252 hp since blissey is already fat enough on HP, but other then that the Tera and other moves work.

For Skarmory I would just go Standard set is fine,

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 252 HP / 196 def / 96 speed
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Iron Defense
- Roost
- Body Press

Does its job and another check vs physical sweepers and gets your spikes up and same Tera so just make it this spread.

Good luck laddering and improving at your Dachsbun stall!

Last edited:

uppa

did i play well ?
is a Top Artist
this is a nitpick but fairly valuable i think: blissey’s evs aren’t optimal at all. you achieve the same defense stat of 62 (4 evs bold nature as listed) with a neutral nature and just 24 evs. this frees up your nature to go calm or whatever and get a much higher spdef. generally you get diminishing returns with ev investment on high base stats, and boosting natures on low base stats

got linked this but i made a dachsbun stall and i hovered around 1800 with it (https://pokepast.es/b8b7d1e6b38baa28) and i kinda just stall a lot and know all the nuances of it so im gonna send some critiques

-lick is a waste of a moveslot, just run roar and force ghost types out. this also stops DD breaking swipe gouging which would otherwise 6-0 you immediately
-dont run spdef skarm. if you want a spdef steel/flying, run corv. Gliscor can use spikes. Standard skarm runs 96 speed EVs for adamant gambit but running some more for 219 for jolly is fine too. personally i think spdef protect corviknight is good for future sight here
-blissey EVs are bad, run 252 def 252+ spdef calm (this is so you dont die to a light physical breeze, it helps against all dragapults specifically) You also dont usually need stoss and shadow ball, just pick one, either is fine.
-bulldoze gliscor is a waste. Give it spikes, make it actually do something. also a better spread is 244 hp, 252+ def, 12 spdef impish nature (you get one more hp with poison heal) As Vicboss mentioned, SD is fine too.
-please dont run wish without protect on clefable. also, you stack 2 pure fairies which is bad. id suggest a different knock off absorber here. also, knock-off absorbing clefable runs physical defense so great tusk doesnt 2hko it.

anyways heres a link for the stall bible which outlines standard sets and reasons for using them on stall. i suggest you give it a read (or skim). it has basically everything you need to know about making a stall team https://docs.google.com/document/d/...j07utOWT7vTBdBNQI8/edit#heading=h.8q14esh4hif

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)