Other Metagames Edgy Neal Shusterman Novels (An Anything Goes Team, peak 2015 / #1)

Hi all;

Again, I'm new to these forums so please don't kill me for my lack of formatting expertise.

It all began when I was using a fairly standard tryhard team (Mega Gengar, Primal Groudon, Giratina-O, Ghostceus, Dusk Mane Necrozma, and Xerneas), and I started tilting, that I started making random teams. I figured that since my ELO was so low then, I could try whatever I wanted, so I might as well try random teams... and I did. I began with a very off-meta HO team (Excadrill, Shaymin-Sky, Mega Mewtwo Y, Deoxys-A, Darkrai, and Ultra Necrozma) which, unsurprisingly, didn't work all that well. Later, however, I switched Mega Mewtwo Y for Mega Lucario because I didn't see any reason not to try new Mega Pokemon, and I found out soon that Mega Lucario is a lot better than people give it credit for.

(Shoutout to Sets for giving me the idea to use Kyurem-W, which later caused me to make crazy and wacky teams.)

Thus, I set out to make a team built around Mega Lucario.

The first pokemon I added:

Everwild (Groudon) @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

Defensive Primal Groudon is my first SR setter. The SpD EVs are to survive a Deoxys-A's LO Psycho Boost and potentially 2 hits from Xerneas' +2 Moonblast, while KO'ing back with Blades. A Sassy Nature (+SpD, -Spe) is used because Speed is unnecessary and potentially detrimental against Primal Kyogre, and it does not drop Primal Groudon's damage output from Fire Blast. Fire Blast is used over Fire Punch mainly because of the higher base power, as it does over 50% to 252 HP / 0 SpD neutral Arceus formes. Dragon Tail is used to surprise Mega Rayquaza, Ultra Necrozma, and Zygarde, allowing Primal Groudon to beat pokemon that are generally accepted as its checks. Dragon Tail especially helps against Zygarde, as if it is phazed while having less than 50% health it will not transform. It also helps massively against setup sweepers.

The second pokemon I added:

Shattered Sky (Arceus-Flying) @ Sky Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Judgment
- Recover

Arceus-Flying is, while an unconventional choice, a very important one for the team. I chose it over other Arceus Formes mainly for it's immunity to Sticky Web, making it a better Thunder Wave user than, say, Groundceus. A second SR user is also very important for Mega Lucario, the main sweeper of the team, to ensure that Stealth Rock remains up even against stall teams. Flying Judgment is good enough for mono-type coverage, as no types are immune to it. Timid is used to outspeed and paralyze other Arceus Formes before they set up substitute. It is EV'd to have decent bulk to tank some hits while being able to fire off Waves, Judgment, and Recover off damage.

The third pokemon I added:

Everfound (Arceus-Ground) @ Earth Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Standard support Defog Groundceus. Explanations of EVs are the same as before, while Ground/Ice are decent typings for its attacking moves, so that it can act as a foolproof check to Zygarde. Defog on Groundceus is better than on other Arceus Formes in my opinion due to it being able to pressure Primal Groudon and Necrozma-DM, which are very common SR setters.

The fourth pokemon I added:

Scythe (Lucario) (M) @ Lucarionite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Meteor Mash
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance

The star of this team. Mega Lucario is perhaps the most underrated Pokemon of the Meta right now, despite almost everyone disagreeing. However, it's one of my favorite Pokemon; I guess you could say that I'm **Adamant** about using it and **Steadfast** in my belief of its virtues. While it does take a certain amount of **Inner Focus** and **Adaptability** to the environment around you to use, I still believe that it is a godly Pokemon. Hopefully, by the end of this RMT, you will agree that I am **Justified** in my belief.

~~Don't kill me please~~
(Pretend that the Bold Face and Strikethrough actually worked here)

Adamant is used to OHKO common defensive Pokemon such as defensive Arceus Formes and Defensive Zygarde. The EV spreads are standard, and the remaining 4 EVs are put into SpD instead of Def to slightly ease setup on support Arceus Formes and Mega Gengar. At +2, Close Combat kills almost every Pokemon that does not resist it, while the very common fairy types are dealt with by Meteor Mash. Mega Lucario appreciates the rise of slow Arceus Formes used to check Mega Rayquaza.

Mega Lucario is also a great abuser of paralysis and Stealth Rock, utilizing them to bypass checks such as fast Arceus Formes and Ho-Oh.

The fifth pokemon I added:

Thief of Souls (Marshadow) @ Marshadium Z
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Spectral Thief
- Shadow Sneak
- Close Combat

A fast revenge killer and backup sweeper, Marshadow was used simply because I wanted to build a team around my "Fun Fighting Types." Marshadow is also a great abuser of paralysis, using it to kill setup sweepers which have boosted their speed while stealing their boosts. Marshadium Z is mainly used to KO Fairyceus at +1, however, Fairyceus must be weakened. Marshadium is also used to KO defensive Pokemon that can only be taken out by a nuke. Jolly is used to outspeed all Arceus Formes.

The final pokemon I added:

Everlost (Yveltal) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Oblivion Wing
- Dark Pulse
- Heat Wave

Specs Yveltal has huge damage output with Dark Pulse, boosted by Dark Aura and STAB. It can do more than 50% to Arceus Formes, and OHKOs Mega Rayquaza after a SpD drop. Oblivion Wing provides recovery and damage in one, and is a good utility STAB move. U-turn lets Yveltal act as a pivot to gain momentum, and Heat Wave can surprise Steel types such as Magearna and Ferrothorn.

Proof of Peak:
Screen Shot 2018-04-02 at 5.37.16 PM.png

Well, thanks for reading my RMT, and sorry for the lack of formatting!

Will post replays when I have more time

Edit: replays
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-727228751 (VS Lorgone's Mom, A.K.A Skarpherim)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-727181045 (Fun one VS Lorgone, went for the hax here, Lucario is Hax God confirmed?)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-724833388 (VS GaleWingsOP, in room tour finals)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-724831452 (VS Zenithial (A.K.A. WTF THHE STALLS), in room tour semifinals)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-728108027 (VS P4ndaK1ng111, where Groudon's low speed and Yveltal's specs make for a clean 5-2 sweep)

Last edited:
This team is mostly solid, just a few suggestions:
1. Arceus-Flying wants 248 HP EVs to mitigate its SR weakness.
2. Both Arceus don't need max speed. Ground only runs speed to outpace and ohko common steels but even then I'd use the Smogon set rather than 252. I can see your point on TWaveing subceus but dont they typically win with ESpeed anyway? I feel like you could run more bulk on both without compromising what they do at all.
3. I prefer Sucker Punch to Heat Wave on Yveltal. The main steels in the meta are dark-weak, it lets you revenge kill setup Dusk-Mane and just surprise kill deoxys once you've revealed specs.

This team is mostly solid, just a few suggestions:
1. Arceus-Flying wants 248 HP EVs to mitigate its SR weakness.
2. Both Arceus don't need max speed. Ground only runs speed to outpace and ohko common steels but even then I'd use the Smogon set rather than 252. I can see your point on TWaveing subceus but dont they typically win with ESpeed anyway? I feel like you could run more bulk on both without compromising what they do at all.
3. I prefer Sucker Punch to Heat Wave on Yveltal. The main steels in the meta are dark-weak, it lets you revenge kill setup Dusk-Mane and just surprise kill deoxys once you've revealed specs.
Thank you for the suggestions.
Completely forgot about HP value not supposed to be divisible by 4 for Flyingceus, thanks for reminding me.
I prefer to run max speed on both Arceus. The Smogon set is outsped by Jolly Mega Rayquaza and has some difficulties revenge killing opposing support Arceus, which I can do more easily without potentially crippling my sweepers.
Sucker Punch is very exploitable if I lock into it with Choice Specs, and it is not boosted by the Specs either. Therefore I think that Sucker Punch should only be on LO sets and perhaps physically defensive ones (Though those prefer Knock Off.)

First off, I highly recommend choice scarf ygod over your specs. That gives you the chance to outspeed pokemon like mewtwo and mega gengar and provides you with a more reliable ray check w/ foul play over heat wave. I would also recommend switching your groundceus to a more defensive variant, preferrably 252 HP, 132 Def+, 124 Spe. This allows you to outspeed max speed pdon so you dont get rekt by eruption or some shit. I would also recommend overheat over fire blast on your don since it likely wont be doing much attacking. with 1 hit, overheat does more and is more accurate than fire blast. Im also not sure what purpose marshadow serves for you. I feel like putting maybe a calm mind arceus would be way more beneficial to you. Maybe steelceus.

First off, I highly recommend choice scarf ygod over your specs. That gives you the chance to outspeed pokemon like mewtwo and mega gengar and provides you with a more reliable ray check w/ foul play over heat wave. I would also recommend switching your groundceus to a more defensive variant, preferrably 252 HP, 132 Def+, 124 Spe. This allows you to outspeed max speed pdon so you dont get rekt by eruption or some shit. I would also recommend overheat over fire blast on your don since it likely wont be doing much attacking. with 1 hit, overheat does more and is more accurate than fire blast. Im also not sure what purpose marshadow serves for you. I feel like putting maybe a calm mind arceus would be way more beneficial to you. Maybe steelceus.
Wow TTTG actually gave me constructive feedback?

Anyways,
I use specs Yveltal due to it taking advantage of paralysis. Using a TWave Arceus with scarf Yveltal seems backward to me.

I don’t really know about Overheat on Groudon, but I might try it out.

I run fast Groundceus to revenge kill other fast Arceus, and it really helps why Flyingceus and Marshadow are fainted.

I actually have tried other pokemon in Marshadow’s slot, including CM Kyogre, SD Ghostceus, and DD Zygarde, but none of them seemed to do as well as Marshadow. Also, without Marshadow I tend to get screwed by EKiller. I may try CM Arceus though.

Thanks for the feedback!

Wow TTTG actually gave me constructive feedback?

Anyways,
I use specs Yveltal due to it taking advantage of paralysis. Using a TWave Arceus with scarf Yveltal seems backward to me.

I don’t really know about Overheat on Groudon, but I might try it out.

I run fast Groundceus to revenge kill other fast Arceus, and it really helps why Flyingceus and Marshadow are fainted.

I actually have tried other pokemon in Marshadow’s slot, including CM Kyogre, SD Ghostceus, and DD Zygarde, but none of them seemed to do as well as Marshadow. Also, without Marshadow I tend to get screwed by EKiller. I may try CM Arceus though.

Thanks for the feedback!
The fact that you're relying on thunder wave to power your team shows your style of play is extremely flawed. With pokemon like pdon and zygarde and groundceus being prevalent across the meta, relying on twave isn't the best route to take. i'd highly recommend running scarf ygod; it will be much more utilitarian. And i guess if marsh works, keep using it, but i just dont quite see its place in your team tbh.

baconeatinassassin

smile!
is a Tiering Contributor
OMPL Champion
Hey, I guess I'm a bit late but I think there is a thing that needs to be addressed:

Your team's biggest weakness seems to be a lack of a flying resist. M-Ray and Ho-oh seem quite problematic to your team, as you don't have any reliable switchins to either. Dragon Dance Rayquaza with Life Orb claims at least two kills most of the time if it sets up to +1, as you have to rely on priority from Lucario and Marshadow to pick it off after its defenses are dropped by Dragon Ascent, while Band picks up a kill nearly every time it switches in.

252 Atk Technician Marshadow Shadow Sneak vs. -1 0 HP / 0 Def Rayquaza-Mega: 144-171 (41 - 48.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Adaptability Lucario-Mega Bullet Punch vs. -1 0 HP / 4 Def Rayquaza-Mega: 156-184 (44.4 - 52.4%) -- 17.6% chance to 2HKO
+1 252 Atk Life Orb Rayquaza-Mega Dragon Ascent vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Arceus-Ground: 419-493 (94.3 - 111%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Rayquaza-Mega Dragon Ascent vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Arceus-Flying: 322-379 (72.6 - 85.5%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

(same calc as groundceus apart from rocks)

Ho-oh is more of an issue, as it switches into almost everything due to its bulk and typing, and proceeds to destroy with either its stab moves or toxic damage.

vs. Offensive Ho-oh
252 SpA Choice Specs Dark Aura Yveltal Dark Pulse vs. 248 HP / 52 SpD Ho-Oh: 172-204 (41.4 - 49.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Marshadow Spectral Thief vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Ho-Oh: 157-186 (37.8 - 44.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Adaptability Lucario-Mega Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Ho-Oh: 170-201 (40.9 - 48.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

The best the team can do against it is try and set up rocks, or lure it with +1 Z-Move from Marshadow. Therefore, I think Defensive Zygarde-Complete is a better fit than Support Arceus-Ground. It can deal with Ho-oh comfortably, while being able to cripple and potentially beat Dragon Dance Rayquaza 1v1. It can also help Arceus-Flying spread paralysis with Glare, allowing the team's breakers to have an easier time. This leaves the team needing a defogger, but you can run it on Specs Yveltal over Heat Wave/U-turn or replace Stealth Rock on Arceus-Flying.

Set:
Zygarde @ Leftovers/Safety Goggles (use goggles if haze)
Ability: Power Construct
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Glare
- Thousand Arrows
- Coil/Dragon Tail/Haze
- Rest

This change leaves a weakness to Arceus-Fairy, more particularly Calm Mind variants with Refresh, so I think Calm Mind Arceus-Steel is a good replacement for Marshadow since the weakness to E-killer is fixed by Zygarde-Complete. It can also switch into Banded Rayquaza's Dragon Ascent.

Set:
Arceus-Steel @ Iron Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Earth Power
- Recover

A solid RMT overall, hope my rate helped!

Last edited:
Hey, I guess I'm a bit late but I think there is a thing that needs to be addressed:

Your team's biggest weakness seems to be a lack of a flying resist. M-Ray and Ho-oh seem quite problematic to your team, as you don't have any reliable switchins to either. Dragon Dance Rayquaza with Life Orb claims at least two kills most of the time if it sets up to +1, as you have to rely on priority from Lucario and Marshadow to pick it off after its defenses are dropped by Dragon Ascent, while Band picks up a kill nearly every time it switches in.

252 Atk Technician Marshadow Shadow Sneak vs. -1 0 HP / 0 Def Rayquaza-Mega: 144-171 (41 - 48.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Adaptability Lucario-Mega Bullet Punch vs. -1 0 HP / 4 Def Rayquaza-Mega: 156-184 (44.4 - 52.4%) -- 17.6% chance to 2HKO
+1 252 Atk Life Orb Rayquaza-Mega Dragon Ascent vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Arceus-Ground: 419-493 (94.3 - 111%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Rayquaza-Mega Dragon Ascent vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Arceus-Flying: 322-379 (72.6 - 85.5%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

(same calc as groundceus apart from rocks)

Ho-oh is more of an issue, as it switches into almost everything due to its bulk and typing, and proceeds to destroy with either its stab moves or toxic damage.

vs. Offensive Ho-oh
252 SpA Choice Specs Dark Aura Yveltal Dark Pulse vs. 248 HP / 52 SpD Ho-Oh: 172-204 (41.4 - 49.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Marshadow Spectral Thief vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Ho-Oh: 157-186 (37.8 - 44.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Adaptability Lucario-Mega Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Ho-Oh: 170-201 (40.9 - 48.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

The best the team can do against it is try and set up rocks, or lure it with +1 Z-Move from Marshadow. Therefore, I think Defensive Zygarde-Complete is a better fit than Support Arceus-Ground. It can deal with Ho-oh comfortably, while being able to cripple and potentially beat Dragon Dance Rayquaza 1v1. It can also help Arceus-Flying spread paralysis with Glare, allowing the team's breakers to have an easier time. This leaves the team needing a defogger, but you can run it on Specs Yveltal over Heat Wave/U-turn or replace Stealth Rock on Arceus-Flying.

Set:
Zygarde @ Leftovers/Safety Goggles (use goggles if haze)
Ability: Power Construct
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Glare
- Thousand Arrows
- Coil/Dragon Tail/Haze
- Rest

This change leaves a weakness to Arceus-Fairy, more particularly Calm Mind variants with Refresh, so I think Calm Mind Arceus-Steel is a good replacement for Marshadow since the weakness to E-killer is fixed by Zygarde-Complete. It can also switch into Banded Rayquaza's Dragon Ascent.

Set:
Arceus-Steel @ Iron Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Earth Power
- Recover

A solid RMT overall, hope my rate helped!
Thanks for the feedback.

I feel that implementing the changes you suggested would leave a glaring weakness to CM Groundceus though, as it tends to carry Ice Beam and beats Steelceus easily, especially without Marsh to steal boosts and tank a hit or two with said boosts.

Should I switch Yveltal out instead?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)