Electabuzz (UU) QC 2/2 GP 2/2

Diophantine

Banned deucer.

[OVERVIEW]

Electabuzz boasts a great Speed stat, respectable offensive stats, and a useful movepool to complement them. Its powerful Electric-type attacks together with coverage options from several other types allow it to force a lot of switches. Electabuzz requires no setup in order to deal a lot of damage, which sets it apart from many other offensive Pokemon in terms of generating offensive pressure. However, due to its lack of bulk, Electabuzz is somewhat of a glass cannon. Its Speed means that it is a viable revenge killer for offensive threats such as Dodrio, Kabutops, and Gyarados, which the other Electric-type Pokemon in the tier underspeed. This black and yellow beast is best played with aggression to shock foes with its offensive prowess.

[SET]
name: All-out Attacker
move 1: Thunder / Thunderbolt
move 2: Psychic
move 3: Ice Punch
move 4: Cross Chop / Pursuit / Hidden Power Grass
item: Leftovers

[SET COMMENTS]
Set Description
=========
Thunder and Thunderbolt are the obligatory STAB attacks that allow Electabuzz to scare most of the Water-type Pokemon in the tier, such as Slowbro, Qwilfish, and Omastar, and most of the Flying-types, such as Scyther, Dodrio, and Crobat. Psychic is Electabuzz's strongest attack to hit Nidoqueen and deals around 40% to it—with Spikes support, this is enough damage to force Nidoqueen to recover with Moonlight. This allows Electabuzz to aim for a Special Defense drop or switch out to gain a free turn for some momentum. It is noteworthy that Electabuzz avoids an OHKO from Nidoqueen too. Psychic also allows Electabuzz to reliably 2HKO Haunter without having to take the risk with Thunder's accuracy. Ice Punch can be used to hit Grass-types like Jumpluff and Bellossom for super effective damage while also dealing a heavy blow to Gligar, and a chance to freeze should never be scoffed at. Pursuit allows Electabuzz to trap Haunter and Slowbro, weakening them for sweepers that struggle against them like Granbull, Sandslash, and Kabutops. Alternatively, Cross Chop can be used to 2HKO Chansey and Magneton and also hits Piloswine hard. Hidden Power Grass can catch Quagsire off guard and still hit Piloswine. It is important to keep in mind that Cross Chop and Pursuit are incompatible with each other.

Team Options
========
Electabuzz's aggressive nature and ability to force switches means that Qwilfish, which provides Spikes support, makes a great partner for it. As Electabuzz tends to allow Ground-types like Nidoqueen and Quagsire to switch in, it is wise to pair Electabuzz with Pokemon that can shrug off Earthquake such as Bellossom, Slowbro, and Gligar. Electabuzz's ability to Pursuit trap Slowbro and Haunter effectively means that Granbull, which is usually checked by these Pokemon, can run rampant on enemy teams. Having a secondary answer to Water-types, like Bellossom or Jumpluff, is wise, as Electabuzz's frailty means it cannot switch into Surfs consistently.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============
Electabuzz can run RestTalk with Thunder and Psychic to give it some longevity, which it sorely lacks. However, this will leave it easily walled by Pokemon like Bellossom, Chansey, Magneton, and Piloswine, which Electabuzz can usually afford to cover in its other moveslots. Toxic can be used to wear down these Pokemon, forcing some Pokemon like Quagsire and Gligar to use Rest or depleting Heal Bell PP on Granbull and Chansey. Thief allows Electabuzz to steal Leftovers from Pokemon that normally check it quite well like Hypno and Bellossom, which helps to eliminate them more easily later on, but this means that Electabuzz must either sacrifice Pursuit or some coverage options for a one-time usage move. Counter allows Electabuzz to surprise KO some physical attackers like Granbull, but its frailty means that it has difficulty in doing this consistently in a tier where Earthquake is very common. It is also incompatible with Cross Chop and Pursuit. Fire Punch, replacing Ice Punch, lets Electabuzz hit Magneton for super effective damage while doing the same to the Grass-types, though it does considerably less to Jumpluff and Gligar. Reflect and Light Screen can be used to support teammates and allows Electabuzz to partially overcome its lack of bulk, but there are several more viable users of these moves in the tier, and using them comes with the opportunity cost of some offensive pressure, which is Electabuzz's biggest selling point. Thunder Wave gives Electabuzz a more reliable method of spreading paralysis, but it is not a common choice because many Pokemon that will try to switch into Electabuzz are Ground-types, and using it also means that coverage is sacrificed.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Ground-types**: Piloswine, Nidoqueen, and Quagsire all reliably switch into Electabuzz and threaten it immediately with powerful Earthquakes. However, Piloswine must be careful of Cross Chop, which can 3HKO it, Nidoqueen is forced to recover if hit by Psychic on the switch and thus gives the Electabuzz a free turn, and Quagsire is 2HKOed by Hidden Power Grass. Sandslash and Graveler can also serve as checks, although they fear Electabuzz's coverage attacks due to their low Special Defense.

**Specially Bulky Pokemon**: Pokemon with good special bulk, particularly those that resist Electric like Ampharos and Bellossom, wall Electabuzz and can wear it down or inflict status on it. Electabuzz's best chance of breaking through these checks is with status, such as an Ice Punch freeze, Thunder paralysis with timely activations, or the rare Toxic. Hypno, Chansey, and Lanturn can also serve as effective Electabuzz checks with their bulk and access to status moves, but Hypno and Lanturn can be 3HKOed by Thunder after Spikes, and Chansey is 2HKOed by Cross Chop if Electabuzz has it. Shuckle can also wall Electabuzz and either PP stall it or poison it with Toxic.

**Status Moves**: Electabuzz rarely runs Rest and depends heavily on its high Speed, so it dislikes being statused. Slowbro, Slowking, and Ampharos can catch Electabuzz off guard with a Thunder Wave, and Jumpluff can paralyze it with Stun Spore. Mr. Mime, Haunter, and Hypno can force it to sleep with Hypnosis.

**Magneton**: Magneton is not a consistent answer against Cross Chop or Fire Punch variants of Electabuzz, but it is a great check otherwise thanks to its resistance to Electric, Ice, and Psychic-type attacks.

**Hitting It On the Switch**: Due to its frailty, Electabuzz is worn down easily by most STAB attacks. Attacking Electabuzz as you anticipate it coming in is an effective method of curbing the damage it can inflict on your team.

[CREDITS]

- Written by: [[Diophantine, 370164]]
- Quality checked by: [[Earthworm, 15210], [Century Express, 234737]]
- Grammar checked by: [[Deetah, 297659], [Estronic, 240732]]

Last edited:
I think it would be nice to mention in the overview that Buzz needs no setup before dealing tons of dmg, which sets it apart from many other offensive pokemon in terms of creating pressure.

[SET]

move 3: Ice Punch / Toxic
move 4: Pursuit
Item: Leftovers
I think the last slot should be Cross Chop / Pursuit / Hidden Power Grass. I would also relegate Toxic to OO considering what usually switches into it. Chansey is quite important, and it would be terrible to be walled by it. Both Cross Chop and HP Grass hit Piloswine for decent damage, and Cross Chop also hits Magneton hard.

[SET COMMENTS]
Set Description
=========
Thunder and Thunderbolt are the obligatory STAB attacks that allow Slowbro
Electabuzz
Psychic is Electabuzz's strongest attack to hit Nidoqueen with, which happens to be a 3HKO with Spikes up, and also allows it to reliably 2HKO Haunter without having to take risk with Thunder’s accuracy.
I'd go into a little bit more detail here. First, Psychic can be safely considered a 3HKO without Spikes, but what is important is when Spikes are up and Nidoqueen switches into Psychic, it takes enough damage that it is almost forced to recover, meaning you have the option of going for SpDef drops or getting a free switch to something else. Full health Buzz living EQ is notable too.

Toxic can be used to wear down these Pokemon, forcing some Pokemon to use Rest like Quagsire and Gligar, or deplete Heal Bell PP on Granbull and Chansey.
Move to OO imo.

Consider adding a RestTalk set maybe. Worth considering anyway.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============
Cross Chop can be used to 2HKO Chansey, but doesn't find too much utility outside of that.
Move to main set.
Counter means that Electabuzz can surprise KO some Physical attackers like Granbull but Electabuzz's frailty means that it has difficulty in doing this consistently in a tier where many of the Physical attacks are Earthquakes.
Maybe mention it's illegal with Cross Chop and Pursuit (which are also illegal with each other).
Fire Punch, replacing Ice Punch, lets Electabuzz hit Magneton for super effective damage while doing the same to the Grass-types, though it does considerably less to Jumpluff.
and you lose Gligar coverage.

If not mentioned in main sets, I'd mention RestTalk, Toxic, HP Grass, and TWave here.

Checks and Counters
===================
Piloswine, Nidoqueen and Quagsire all reliably switch into Electabuzz and threaten it immediately with powerful Earthquakes.
I think these need coverage caveats and Nidoqueen deserves more matchup detail.

Granbull can 2HKO Electabuzz, while Electabuzz can only 2HKO back with a small probability - assuming both Pokemon are at full health.
I find this to be a little odd to include because this section is usually for Pokemon that can switch in reasonably well, which Granbull definitely can't.

As for what else to include, I would probably just put in a section on hitting it with status. edit: Maybe mention wearing it down by hitting it on the switch? That's often how it ends up being handled.

Diophantine

Banned deucer.
I think it would be nice to mention in the overview that Buzz needs no setup before dealing tons of dmg, which sets it apart from many other offensive pokemon in terms of creating pressure.

I think the last slot should be Cross Chop / Pursuit / Hidden Power Grass. I would also relegate Toxic to OO considering what usually switches into it. Chansey is quite important, and it would be terrible to be walled by it. Both Cross Chop and HP Grass hit Piloswine for decent damage, and Cross Chop also hits Magneton hard.

Electabuzz
I'd go into a little bit more detail here. First, Psychic can be safely considered a 3HKO without Spikes, but what is important is when Spikes are up and Nidoqueen switches into Psychic, it takes enough damage that it is almost forced to recover, meaning you have the option of going for SpDef drops or getting a free switch to something else. Full health Buzz living EQ is notable too.

Move to OO imo.

Consider adding a RestTalk set maybe. Worth considering anyway.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============
Move to main set. Maybe mention it's illegal with Cross Chop and Pursuit (which are also illegal with each other).
and you lose Gligar coverage.

If not mentioned in main sets, I'd mention RestTalk, Toxic, HP Grass, and TWave here.

I think these need coverage caveats and Nidoqueen deserves more matchup detail.

I find this to be a little odd to include because this section is usually for Pokemon that can switch in reasonably well, which Granbull definitely can't.

As for what else to include, I would probably just put in a section on hitting it with status. edit: Maybe mention wearing it down by hitting it on the switch? That's often how it ends up being handled.
Agreed and made the changes, but I disagree with Rest Talk. Electabuzz's biggest asset is its ability to cause problems with its coverage, and without that it just becomes a fast and frail (and hence not as viable) version of Ampharos.

i think resttalk buzz is more in the vein of resttalk mime, as opposed to amph, where what youre looking for is more durability on a fast sp attacker, which particularly bolsters your matchup vs grasses (not being afraid of status helps you burn synth/seed pp). It does seem just a bit too niche to me though and if youre looking to put another set here i would recommend rest mint berry instead. If mime doesnt have a resttalk set in his analysis or scyther doesnt have a mint berry set its probably fine to leave it off of buzz too. Id also just like to throw it out there that i dont view pursuit as the main buzz set, i see theif as far more practically useful or i would rather have cross chop unless i could specifically punish a pursuited bro. This isnt a huge deal though if others think pursuit is the most viable way to play buzz, its just something that struck me.

Century Express

melodies of life
is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender

[OVERVIEW]

Electabuzz boasts a great Speed stat, respectable offensive stats, and has a useful movepool to complement them. Its powerful Electric-type attacks together with coverage options from several other types allow it to force a lot of switches. Electabuzz requires no setup before dealing a lot of damage, which sets it apart from many other offensive Pokemon in terms of generating offensive pressure. However, due to its lack of bulk, Electabuzz is somewhat of a glass cannon. This black and yellow beast is best played with aggression to shock foes with its offensive prowess.

- I'd give a slight emphasis on Electabuzz's Speed tier. It allows him to soft check / revenge kill threats such as Dodrio, Kabutops, and Gyarados (something that Ampharos and Magneton can't do comfortably, for example).

[SET]
move 4: Pursuit / Cross Chop / Hidden Power Grass

[SET COMMENTS]
Set Description
=========
Thunder and Thunderbolt are the obligatory STAB attacks that allow Electabuzz to scare most of the Water-type Pokemon in the tier, such as Slowbro, Qwilfish, and Omastar, and also most of the Flying-types, like Scyther, Dodrio, and Crobat. Psychic is Electabuzz's strongest attack to hit Nidoqueen with and deals around 40% to it—with Spikes support, this is enough damage to force Nidoqueen to recover with Moonlight. This allows Electabuzz to aim for a Special Defense drop or switch out to gain a free turn for some momentum. It is noteworthy that Electabuzz avoids an OHKO from Nidoqueen too. Psychic also allows Electabuzz to reliably 2HKO Haunter without having to take risk with Thunder’s accuracy. Ice Punch can be used to hit Grass-types like Jumpluff and Bellossom for super effective damage while also dealing a heavy blow to Gligar, and a chance to freeze should never be scoffed at. Pursuit allows Electabuzz to trap Haunter and Slowbro which can weaken them for sweepers that struggle against them like Granbull, Sandslash, and Kabutops. Alternatively, Cross Chop can be used to 2HKO Chansey and Magneton and also hits Piloswine hard. Hidden Power Grass can catch Quagsire off guard and still hit Piloswine. It is important to keep in mind that Cross Chop and Pursuit are incompatible with each other.

Team Options
========
Electabuzz's aggressive nature and ability to force switches means that Qwilfish, who provides Spikes support, makes a great partner for it. As Electabuzz tends to allow Ground-types like Nidoqueen and Quagsire to switch in, it is wise to pair Electabuzz with Pokemon that can shrug off Earthquakes such as Bellossom, Slowbro and Gligar. Electabuzz's ability to Pursuit trap Slowbro and Haunter effectively means that Granbull, who is usually checked by these Pokemon, to run rampant on enemy teams. Having some secondary answer to Water-types, like Bellossom and Jumpluff, is wise, as Electabuzz's frailty means it cannot switch into too many Surfs.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============
Electabuzz can run RestTalk with Thunder and Psychic to give it some longevity, which it sorely lacks. However, this will leave it easily walled by Pokemon like Bellossom, Chansey, Magneton, and Piloswine, which Electabuzz can usually afford to cover in its other move slots. Toxic can be used to wear down these Pokemon, forcing some Pokemon like Quagsire and Gligar to use Rest, or depleting Heal Bell PP on Granbull and Chansey. Thief allows Electabuzz to steal Leftovers from Pokemon that normally check it quite well like Hypno and Bellossom which helps to eliminate them more easily later on, but this means that Electabuzz must either sacrifice Pursuit or some coverage options for a one-time usage move. Counter means that Electabuzz can surprise KO some Physical attackers like Granbull but Electabuzz's frailty means that it has difficulty in doing this consistently in a tier where many of the physical attacks are Earthquakes. It is also incompatible with Cross Chop and Pursuit. Fire Punch, replacing Ice Punch, lets Electabuzz hit Magneton for super effective damage while doing the same to the Grass-types, though it does considerably less to Jumpluff and Gligar. Reflect and Light Screen can be used to support teammates and allows Electabuzz to partially overcome its lack of bulk, but there are several more viable users of these moves in the tier, and using them comes with the opportunity cost of some offensive pressure, which is Electabuzz’s biggest selling point. Thunder Wave gives Electabuzz a more reliable method of spreading paralysis, but is not a common choice because many Pokemon that will try to switch into Electabuzz are Ground-types, and using it also means that coverage is sacrificed.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Ground-types**: Piloswine, Nidoqueen and Quagsire all reliably switch into Electabuzz and threaten it immediately with powerful Earthquakes. However, Piloswine must be careful of Cross Chop which can 3HKO it, Nidoqueen is forced to recover if hit by Psychic on the switch and thus gives the Electabuzz a free turn, and Quagsire is 2HKOed by Hidden Power Grass. Sandslash and Graveler can also serve as checks, although they fear Electabuzz's coverage attacks due to their low Special Defense stats.

**Specially Bulky Pokemon**: Pokemon with good special bulk, particularly those that resist Electric like Ampharos and Bellossom, wall Electabuzz and can wear it down or inflict status on it. Electabuzz's best chance of breaking through these checks is with status, such as an Ice Punch freeze, Thunder paralysis with timely activations, or the rare Toxic. Hypno, Chansey, and Lanturn can also serve as effective Electabuzz checks with their bulk and access to status moves, but Hypno and Lanturn can be 3HKOed by Thunder after Spikes, and Chansey is 2HKOed by Cross Chop if Electabuzz has it. (I believe Shuckle deserves a mention here)

**Magneton**: It's not a consistent answer vs. Cross Chop variants, but it's a great check otherwise, thanks to its plethora of resistances.

**Status Moves**: Electabuzz rarely runs Rest and depends heavily on its high Speed, so it dislikes taking status inflictions. Slowbro, Slowking, and Ampharos can catch Electabuzz off guard with a Thunder Wave, and Jumpluff can paralyse it with Stun Spore. Mr. Mime, Haunter, and Hypno can force it to sleep with Hypnosis.

**Hitting It on the Switch**: Due to its frailty, Electabuzz is worn down easily by most STAB attacks. Attacking Electabuzz as you anticipate it coming in is an effective method of curbing the damage it can inflict on your team.

[CREDITS]

- Quality checked by: [[Earthworm, 15210], [, ]]
- Grammar checked by: [[, ], [, ]]
Good stuff, it looks simple and accurate. 2/2 once implemented.

EDIT: QC 2/2.

Last edited:
Having thought about it more, I really think Cross Chop should be the first slash for move 4. alive already said he thinks Cross Chop is preferable to Pursuit as well. Chansey and Piloswine are on the rise alongside Blastoise, and Electabuzz can't punish them properly without Cross Chop. Slowbro is also on a slight decline, with multiple people arguing to have its rank lowered below Scyther's in the VR. I think Cross Chop is the more consistently useful option, since getting walled as Electabuzz sucks.

Any thoughts? Century Express Jorgen Diophantine

Diophantine

Banned deucer.
Having thought about it more, I really think Cross Chop should be the first slash for move 4. alive already said he thinks Cross Chop is preferable to Pursuit as well. Chansey and Piloswine are on the rise alongside Blastoise, and Electabuzz can't punish them properly without Cross Chop. Slowbro is also on a slight decline, with multiple people arguing to have its rank lowered below Scyther's in the VR. I think Cross Chop is the more consistently useful option, since getting walled as Electabuzz sucks.

Any thoughts? Century Express Jorgen Diophantine
I see no problem with this. I'll change it.

Diophantine

Banned deucer.

[OVERVIEW]

Electabuzz boasts a great Speed stat, respectable offensive stats, and has a useful movepool to complement them. Its powerful Electric-type attacks together with coverage options from several other types allow it to force a lot of switches. Electabuzz requires no setup before dealing a lot of damage, which sets it apart from many other offensive Pokemon in terms of generating offensive pressure. However, due to its lack of bulk, Electabuzz is somewhat of a glass cannon. This black and yellow beast is best played with aggression to shock foes with its offensive prowess.

- I'd give a slight emphasis on Electabuzz's Speed tier. It allows him to soft check / revenge kill threats such as Dodrio, Kabutops, and Gyarados (something that Ampharos and Magneton can't do comfortably, for example).

[SET]
move 4: Pursuit / Cross Chop / Hidden Power Grass

[SET COMMENTS]
Set Description
=========
Thunder and Thunderbolt are the obligatory STAB attacks that allow Electabuzz to scare most of the Water-type Pokemon in the tier, such as Slowbro, Qwilfish, and Omastar, and also most of the Flying-types, like Scyther, Dodrio, and Crobat. Psychic is Electabuzz's strongest attack to hit Nidoqueen with and deals around 40% to it—with Spikes support, this is enough damage to force Nidoqueen to recover with Moonlight. This allows Electabuzz to aim for a Special Defense drop or switch out to gain a free turn for some momentum. It is noteworthy that Electabuzz avoids an OHKO from Nidoqueen too. Psychic also allows Electabuzz to reliably 2HKO Haunter without having to take risk with Thunder’s accuracy. Ice Punch can be used to hit Grass-types like Jumpluff and Bellossom for super effective damage while also dealing a heavy blow to Gligar, and a chance to freeze should never be scoffed at. Pursuit allows Electabuzz to trap Haunter and Slowbro which can weaken them for sweepers that struggle against them like Granbull, Sandslash, and Kabutops. Alternatively, Cross Chop can be used to 2HKO Chansey and Magneton and also hits Piloswine hard. Hidden Power Grass can catch Quagsire off guard and still hit Piloswine. It is important to keep in mind that Cross Chop and Pursuit are incompatible with each other.

Team Options
========
Electabuzz's aggressive nature and ability to force switches means that Qwilfish, who provides Spikes support, makes a great partner for it. As Electabuzz tends to allow Ground-types like Nidoqueen and Quagsire to switch in, it is wise to pair Electabuzz with Pokemon that can shrug off Earthquakes such as Bellossom, Slowbro and Gligar. Electabuzz's ability to Pursuit trap Slowbro and Haunter effectively means that Granbull, who is usually checked by these Pokemon, to run rampant on enemy teams. Having some secondary answer to Water-types, like Bellossom and Jumpluff, is wise, as Electabuzz's frailty means it cannot switch into too many Surfs.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============
Electabuzz can run RestTalk with Thunder and Psychic to give it some longevity, which it sorely lacks. However, this will leave it easily walled by Pokemon like Bellossom, Chansey, Magneton, and Piloswine, which Electabuzz can usually afford to cover in its other move slots. Toxic can be used to wear down these Pokemon, forcing some Pokemon like Quagsire and Gligar to use Rest, or depleting Heal Bell PP on Granbull and Chansey. Thief allows Electabuzz to steal Leftovers from Pokemon that normally check it quite well like Hypno and Bellossom which helps to eliminate them more easily later on, but this means that Electabuzz must either sacrifice Pursuit or some coverage options for a one-time usage move. Counter means that Electabuzz can surprise KO some Physical attackers like Granbull but Electabuzz's frailty means that it has difficulty in doing this consistently in a tier where many of the physical attacks are Earthquakes. It is also incompatible with Cross Chop and Pursuit. Fire Punch, replacing Ice Punch, lets Electabuzz hit Magneton for super effective damage while doing the same to the Grass-types, though it does considerably less to Jumpluff and Gligar. Reflect and Light Screen can be used to support teammates and allows Electabuzz to partially overcome its lack of bulk, but there are several more viable users of these moves in the tier, and using them comes with the opportunity cost of some offensive pressure, which is Electabuzz’s biggest selling point. Thunder Wave gives Electabuzz a more reliable method of spreading paralysis, but is not a common choice because many Pokemon that will try to switch into Electabuzz are Ground-types, and using it also means that coverage is sacrificed.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Ground-types**: Piloswine, Nidoqueen and Quagsire all reliably switch into Electabuzz and threaten it immediately with powerful Earthquakes. However, Piloswine must be careful of Cross Chop which can 3HKO it, Nidoqueen is forced to recover if hit by Psychic on the switch and thus gives the Electabuzz a free turn, and Quagsire is 2HKOed by Hidden Power Grass. Sandslash and Graveler can also serve as checks, although they fear Electabuzz's coverage attacks due to their low Special Defense stats.

**Specially Bulky Pokemon**: Pokemon with good special bulk, particularly those that resist Electric like Ampharos and Bellossom, wall Electabuzz and can wear it down or inflict status on it. Electabuzz's best chance of breaking through these checks is with status, such as an Ice Punch freeze, Thunder paralysis with timely activations, or the rare Toxic. Hypno, Chansey, and Lanturn can also serve as effective Electabuzz checks with their bulk and access to status moves, but Hypno and Lanturn can be 3HKOed by Thunder after Spikes, and Chansey is 2HKOed by Cross Chop if Electabuzz has it. (I believe Shuckle deserves a mention here)

**Magneton**: It's not a consistent answer vs. Cross Chop variants, but it's a great check otherwise, thanks to its plethora of resistances.

**Status Moves**: Electabuzz rarely runs Rest and depends heavily on its high Speed, so it dislikes taking status inflictions. Slowbro, Slowking, and Ampharos can catch Electabuzz off guard with a Thunder Wave, and Jumpluff can paralyse it with Stun Spore. Mr. Mime, Haunter, and Hypno can force it to sleep with Hypnosis.

**Hitting It on the Switch**: Due to its frailty, Electabuzz is worn down easily by most STAB attacks. Attacking Electabuzz as you anticipate it coming in is an effective method of curbing the damage it can inflict on your team.

[CREDITS]

Good stuff, it looks simple and accurate. 2/2 once implemented.
Done, thanks.

deetah

Bright like a diamond
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
GP & SocMed Lead
Add Remove Comments (AC) = Add Comma
Not too many changes here, well done. Be sure to add the second QCer into the credits as well as me once this is implemented.

GP 1/2

garchompstamp.gif

[OVERVIEW]

Electabuzz boasts a great Speed stat, respectable offensive stats, and it has a useful movepool to complement them. Its powerful Electric-type attacks together with coverage options from several other types allow it to force a lot of switches. Electabuzz requires no setup before dealing a lot of damage, which sets it apart from many other offensive Pokemon in terms of generating offensive pressure. However, due to its lack of bulk, Electabuzz is somewhat of a glass cannon. Electabuzz's Speed means that it is a viable revenge killer for offensive threats such as Dodrio, Kabutops, (AC) and Gyarados, which the other Electric-type Pokemon in the tier underspeed. This black and yellow beast is best played with aggression to shock foes with its offensive prowess.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Set Description
=========
Thunder and Thunderbolt are the obligatory STAB attacks that allow Electabuzz to scare most of the Water-type Pokemon in the tier, such as Slowbro, Qwilfish, and Omastar, and also most of the Flying-types, like Scyther, Dodrio, and Crobat. Psychic is Electabuzz's strongest attack to hit Nidoqueen with and deals around 40% to it—with Spikes support, this is enough damage to force Nidoqueen to recover with Moonlight. This allows Electabuzz to aim for a Special Defense drop or switch out to gain a free turn for some momentum. It is noteworthy that Electabuzz avoids an OHKO from Nidoqueen too. Psychic also allows Electabuzz to reliably 2HKO Haunter without having to take the risk with Thunder’s Thunder's (Use ASCII apostrophes, not the curly ones) accuracy. Ice Punch can be used to hit Grass-types like Jumpluff and Bellossom for super effective damage while also dealing a heavy blow to Gligar, and a chance to freeze should never be scoffed at. Pursuit allows Electabuzz to trap Haunter and Slowbro, (AC) which can weakening them for sweepers that struggle against them like Granbull, Sandslash, and Kabutops. Alternatively, Cross Chop can be used to 2HKO Chansey and Magneton and also hits Piloswine hard. Hidden Power Grass can catch Quagsire off guard and still hit Piloswine. It is important to keep in mind that Cross Chop and Pursuit are incompatible with each other.

Team Options
========
Electabuzz's aggressive nature and ability to force switches means that Qwilfish, who which provides Spikes support, makes a great partner for it. As Electabuzz tends to allow Ground-types like Nidoqueen and Quagsire to switch in, it is wise to pair Electabuzz with Pokemon that can shrug off Earthquakes such as Bellossom, Slowbro, (AC) and Gligar. Electabuzz's ability to Pursuit trap Slowbro and Haunter effectively means that Granbull, who which is usually checked by these Pokemon, to can run rampant on enemy teams. Having some secondary answer to Water-types, like Bellossom and Jumpluff, is wise, as Electabuzz's frailty means it cannot switch into too many Surfs.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============
Electabuzz can run RestTalk with Thunder and Psychic to give it some longevity, which it sorely lacks. However, this will leave it easily walled by Pokemon like Bellossom, Chansey, Magneton, and Piloswine, which Electabuzz can usually afford to cover in its other move slots moveslots. Toxic can be used to wear down these Pokemon, forcing some Pokemon like Quagsire and Gligar to use Rest, or depleting Heal Bell PP on Granbull and Chansey. Thief allows Electabuzz to steal Leftovers from Pokemon that normally check it quite well like Hypno and Bellossom, (AC) which helps to eliminate them more easily later on, but this means that Electabuzz must either sacrifice Pursuit or some coverage options for a one-time usage move. Counter means that Electabuzz can surprise KO some physical attackers like Granbull, (AC) but Electabuzz's its frailty means that it has difficulty in doing this consistently in a tier where many of the physical attacks are Earthquakes. It is also incompatible with Cross Chop and Pursuit. Fire Punch, replacing Ice Punch, lets Electabuzz hit Magneton for super effective damage while doing the same to the Grass-types, though it does considerably less to Jumpluff and Gligar. Reflect and Light Screen can be used to support teammates and allows Electabuzz to partially overcome its lack of bulk, but there are several more viable users of these moves in the tier, and using them comes with the opportunity cost of some offensive pressure, which is Electabuzz’s Electabuzz's biggest selling point. Thunder Wave gives Electabuzz a more reliable method of spreading paralysis, but it is not a common choice because many Pokemon that will try to switch into Electabuzz are Ground-types, and using it also means that coverage is sacrificed.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Ground-types**: Piloswine, Nidoqueen, (AC) and Quagsire all reliably switch into Electabuzz and threaten it immediately with powerful Earthquakes. However, Piloswine must be careful of Cross Chop, (AC) which can 3HKO it, Nidoqueen is forced to recover if hit by Psychic on the switch and thus gives the Electabuzz a free turn, and Quagsire is 2HKOed by Hidden Power Grass. Sandslash and Graveler can also serve as checks, although they fear Electabuzz's coverage attacks due to their low Special Defense stats.

**Specially Bulky Pokemon**: Pokemon with good special bulk, particularly those that resist Electric like Ampharos and Bellossom, wall Electabuzz and can wear it down or inflict status on it. Electabuzz's best chance of breaking through these checks is with status, such as an Ice Punch freeze, Thunder paralysis with timely activations, or the rare Toxic. Hypno, Chansey, and Lanturn can also serve as effective Electabuzz checks with their bulk and access to status moves, but Hypno and Lanturn can be 3HKOed by Thunder after Spikes, and Chansey is 2HKOed by Cross Chop if Electabuzz has it. Shuckle can also wall Electabuzz and either PP stall or poison it with a Toxic.

**Status Moves**: Electabuzz rarely runs Rest and depends heavily on its high Speed, so it dislikes taking status inflictions. Slowbro, Slowking, and Ampharos can catch Electabuzz off guard with a Thunder Wave, and Jumpluff can paralyse paralyze it with Stun Spore. Mr. Mime, Haunter, and Hypno can force it to sleep with Hypnosis.

**Magneton**: It's Magneton is not a consistent answer against Cross Chop variants, but it's a great check otherwise, thanks to its plethora of resistances.

**Hitting It On the Switch**: Due to its frailty, Electabuzz is worn down easily by most STAB attacks. Attacking Electabuzz as you anticipate it coming in is an effective method of curbing the damage it can inflict on your team.

[CREDITS]

Diophantine

Banned deucer.
Add Remove Comments (AC) = Add Comma
Not too many changes here, well done. Be sure to add the second QCer into the credits as well as me once this is implemented.

GP 1/2

View attachment 201567

[OVERVIEW]

Electabuzz boasts a great Speed stat, respectable offensive stats, and it has a useful movepool to complement them. Its powerful Electric-type attacks together with coverage options from several other types allow it to force a lot of switches. Electabuzz requires no setup before dealing a lot of damage, which sets it apart from many other offensive Pokemon in terms of generating offensive pressure. However, due to its lack of bulk, Electabuzz is somewhat of a glass cannon. Electabuzz's Speed means that it is a viable revenge killer for offensive threats such as Dodrio, Kabutops, (AC) and Gyarados, which the other Electric-type Pokemon in the tier underspeed. This black and yellow beast is best played with aggression to shock foes with its offensive prowess.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Set Description
=========
Thunder and Thunderbolt are the obligatory STAB attacks that allow Electabuzz to scare most of the Water-type Pokemon in the tier, such as Slowbro, Qwilfish, and Omastar, and also most of the Flying-types, like Scyther, Dodrio, and Crobat. Psychic is Electabuzz's strongest attack to hit Nidoqueen with and deals around 40% to it—with Spikes support, this is enough damage to force Nidoqueen to recover with Moonlight. This allows Electabuzz to aim for a Special Defense drop or switch out to gain a free turn for some momentum. It is noteworthy that Electabuzz avoids an OHKO from Nidoqueen too. Psychic also allows Electabuzz to reliably 2HKO Haunter without having to take the risk with Thunder’s Thunder's (Use ASCII apostrophes, not the curly ones) accuracy. Ice Punch can be used to hit Grass-types like Jumpluff and Bellossom for super effective damage while also dealing a heavy blow to Gligar, and a chance to freeze should never be scoffed at. Pursuit allows Electabuzz to trap Haunter and Slowbro, (AC) which can weakening them for sweepers that struggle against them like Granbull, Sandslash, and Kabutops. Alternatively, Cross Chop can be used to 2HKO Chansey and Magneton and also hits Piloswine hard. Hidden Power Grass can catch Quagsire off guard and still hit Piloswine. It is important to keep in mind that Cross Chop and Pursuit are incompatible with each other.

Team Options
========
Electabuzz's aggressive nature and ability to force switches means that Qwilfish, who which provides Spikes support, makes a great partner for it. As Electabuzz tends to allow Ground-types like Nidoqueen and Quagsire to switch in, it is wise to pair Electabuzz with Pokemon that can shrug off Earthquakes such as Bellossom, Slowbro, (AC) and Gligar. Electabuzz's ability to Pursuit trap Slowbro and Haunter effectively means that Granbull, who which is usually checked by these Pokemon, to can run rampant on enemy teams. Having some secondary answer to Water-types, like Bellossom and Jumpluff, is wise, as Electabuzz's frailty means it cannot switch into too many Surfs.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============
Electabuzz can run RestTalk with Thunder and Psychic to give it some longevity, which it sorely lacks. However, this will leave it easily walled by Pokemon like Bellossom, Chansey, Magneton, and Piloswine, which Electabuzz can usually afford to cover in its other move slots moveslots. Toxic can be used to wear down these Pokemon, forcing some Pokemon like Quagsire and Gligar to use Rest, or depleting Heal Bell PP on Granbull and Chansey. Thief allows Electabuzz to steal Leftovers from Pokemon that normally check it quite well like Hypno and Bellossom, (AC) which helps to eliminate them more easily later on, but this means that Electabuzz must either sacrifice Pursuit or some coverage options for a one-time usage move. Counter means that Electabuzz can surprise KO some physical attackers like Granbull, (AC) but Electabuzz's its frailty means that it has difficulty in doing this consistently in a tier where many of the physical attacks are Earthquakes. It is also incompatible with Cross Chop and Pursuit. Fire Punch, replacing Ice Punch, lets Electabuzz hit Magneton for super effective damage while doing the same to the Grass-types, though it does considerably less to Jumpluff and Gligar. Reflect and Light Screen can be used to support teammates and allows Electabuzz to partially overcome its lack of bulk, but there are several more viable users of these moves in the tier, and using them comes with the opportunity cost of some offensive pressure, which is Electabuzz’s Electabuzz's biggest selling point. Thunder Wave gives Electabuzz a more reliable method of spreading paralysis, but it is not a common choice because many Pokemon that will try to switch into Electabuzz are Ground-types, and using it also means that coverage is sacrificed.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Ground-types**: Piloswine, Nidoqueen, (AC) and Quagsire all reliably switch into Electabuzz and threaten it immediately with powerful Earthquakes. However, Piloswine must be careful of Cross Chop, (AC) which can 3HKO it, Nidoqueen is forced to recover if hit by Psychic on the switch and thus gives the Electabuzz a free turn, and Quagsire is 2HKOed by Hidden Power Grass. Sandslash and Graveler can also serve as checks, although they fear Electabuzz's coverage attacks due to their low Special Defense stats.

**Specially Bulky Pokemon**: Pokemon with good special bulk, particularly those that resist Electric like Ampharos and Bellossom, wall Electabuzz and can wear it down or inflict status on it. Electabuzz's best chance of breaking through these checks is with status, such as an Ice Punch freeze, Thunder paralysis with timely activations, or the rare Toxic. Hypno, Chansey, and Lanturn can also serve as effective Electabuzz checks with their bulk and access to status moves, but Hypno and Lanturn can be 3HKOed by Thunder after Spikes, and Chansey is 2HKOed by Cross Chop if Electabuzz has it. Shuckle can also wall Electabuzz and either PP stall or poison it with a Toxic.

**Status Moves**: Electabuzz rarely runs Rest and depends heavily on its high Speed, so it dislikes taking status inflictions. Slowbro, Slowking, and Ampharos can catch Electabuzz off guard with a Thunder Wave, and Jumpluff can paralyse paralyze it with Stun Spore. Mr. Mime, Haunter, and Hypno can force it to sleep with Hypnosis.

**Magneton**: It's Magneton is not a consistent answer against Cross Chop variants, but it's a great check otherwise, thanks to its plethora of resistances.

[CREDITS]

Done - thank you!

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
add remove (comments)
[OVERVIEW]

Electabuzz boasts a great Speed stat, respectable offensive stats, and has a useful movepool to complement them. Its powerful Electric-type attacks together with coverage options from several other types allow it to force a lot of switches. Electabuzz requires no setup before dealing in order to deal a lot of damage, which sets it apart from many other offensive Pokemon in terms of generating offensive pressure. However, due to its lack of bulk, Electabuzz is somewhat of a glass cannon. Electabuzz's Its Speed means that it is a viable revenge killer for offensive threats such as Dodrio, Kabutops, and Gyarados, which the other Electric-type Pokemon in the tier underspeed. This black and yellow beast is best played with aggression to shock foes with its offensive prowess.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Set Description
=========
Thunder and Thunderbolt are the obligatory STAB attacks that allow Electabuzz to scare most of the Water-type Pokemon in the tier, such as Slowbro, Qwilfish, and Omastar, and also most of the Flying-types, like such as Scyther, Dodrio, and Crobat. Psychic is Electabuzz's strongest attack to hit Nidoqueen and deals around 40% to it—with Spikes support, this is enough damage to force Nidoqueen to recover with Moonlight. This allows Electabuzz to aim for a Special Defense drop or switch out to gain a free turn for some momentum. It is noteworthy that Electabuzz avoids an OHKO from Nidoqueen too. Psychic also allows Electabuzz to reliably 2HKO Haunter without having to take the risk with Thunder's accuracy. Ice Punch can be used to hit Grass-types like Jumpluff and Bellossom for super effective damage while also dealing a heavy blow to Gligar, and a chance to freeze should never be scoffed at. Pursuit allows Electabuzz to trap Haunter and Slowbro, (AC) weakening them for sweepers that struggle against them like Granbull, Sandslash, and Kabutops. Alternatively, Cross Chop can be used to 2HKO Chansey and Magneton and also hits Piloswine hard. Hidden Power Grass can catch Quagsire off guard and still hit Piloswine. It is important to keep in mind that Cross Chop and Pursuit are incompatible with each other.

Team Options
========
Electabuzz's aggressive nature and ability to force switches means that Qwilfish, which provides Spikes support, makes a great partner for it. As Electabuzz tends to allow Ground-types like Nidoqueen and Quagsire to switch in, it is wise to pair Electabuzz with Pokemon that can shrug off Earthquakes such as Bellossom, Slowbro, and Gligar. Electabuzz's ability to Pursuit trap Slowbro and Haunter effectively means that Granbull, which is usually checked by these Pokemon, can run rampant on enemy teams. Having some a secondary answer to Water-types, like Bellossom and or Jumpluff, is wise, as Electabuzz's frailty means it cannot switch into too many Surfs Surf constantly.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============
Electabuzz can run RestTalk with Thunder and Psychic to give it some longevity, which it sorely lacks. However, this will leave it easily walled by Pokemon like Bellossom, Chansey, Magneton, and Piloswine, which Electabuzz can usually afford to cover in its other moveslots. Toxic can be used to wear down these Pokemon, forcing some Pokemon like Quagsire and Gligar to use Rest, (RC) or depleting Heal Bell PP on Granbull and Chansey. Thief allows Electabuzz to steal Leftovers from Pokemon that normally check it quite well like Hypno and Bellossom, which helps to eliminate them more easily later on, but this means that Electabuzz must either sacrifice Pursuit or some coverage options for a one-time usage move. Counter means that allows Electabuzz can to surprise KO some Physical physical attackers like Granbull, but its frailty means that it has difficulty in doing this consistently in a tier where many of the physical attacks are Earthquakes Earthquake is very common. It is also incompatible with Cross Chop and Pursuit. Fire Punch, replacing Ice Punch, lets Electabuzz hit Magneton for super effective damage while doing the same to the Grass-types, though it does considerably less to Jumpluff and Gligar. Reflect and Light Screen can be used to support teammates and allows Electabuzz to partially overcome its lack of bulk, but there are several more viable users of these moves in the tier, and using them comes with the opportunity cost of some offensive pressure, which is Electabuzz's biggest selling point. Thunder Wave gives Electabuzz a more reliable method of spreading paralysis, but it is not a common choice because many Pokemon that will try to switch into Electabuzz are Ground-types, and using it also means that coverage is sacrificed.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Ground-types**: Piloswine, Nidoqueen, and Quagsire all reliably switch into Electabuzz and threaten it immediately with a powerful Earthquakes. However, Piloswine must be careful of Cross Chop, which can 3HKO it, Nidoqueen is forced to recover if hit by Psychic on the switch and thus gives the Electabuzz a free turn, and Quagsire is 2HKOed by Hidden Power Grass. Sandslash and Graveler can also serve as checks, although they fear Electabuzz's coverage attacks due to their low Special Defense stats.

**Specially Bulky Pokemon**: Pokemon with good special bulk, particularly those that resist Electric like Ampharos and Bellossom, wall Electabuzz and can wear it down or inflict status on it. Electabuzz's best chance of breaking through these checks is with status, such as an Ice Punch freeze, Thunder paralysis with timely activations activations, or the rare Toxic. Hypno, Chansey, and Lanturn can also serve as effective Electabuzz checks with their bulk and access to status moves, but Hypno and Lanturn can be 3HKOed by Thunder after Spikes, and Chansey is 2HKOed by Cross Chop if Electabuzz has it. Shuckle can also wall Electabuzz and either PP stall it or poison it with a Toxic.

**Status Moves**: Electabuzz rarely runs Rest and depends heavily on its high Speed, so it dislikes taking status inflictions being statused. Slowbro, Slowking, and Ampharos can catch Electabuzz off guard with a Thunder Wave, and Jumpluff can paralyze it with Stun Spore. Mr. Mime, Haunter, and Hypno can force it to sleep with Hypnosis.

**Magneton**: Magneton is not a consistent answer against Cross Chop or Fire Punch variants of Electabuzz, but it is a great check otherwise, (RC) thanks to its resistance to Electric, Ice, and Psychic-type attacks.

[CREDITS]

- Grammar checked by: [[deetah, 297659], [, ]]
2/2 :blobthumbsup:
Estronic-GP-small.gif

Diophantine

Banned deucer.
add remove (comments)
[OVERVIEW]

Electabuzz boasts a great Speed stat, respectable offensive stats, and has a useful movepool to complement them. Its powerful Electric-type attacks together with coverage options from several other types allow it to force a lot of switches. Electabuzz requires no setup before dealing in order to deal a lot of damage, which sets it apart from many other offensive Pokemon in terms of generating offensive pressure. However, due to its lack of bulk, Electabuzz is somewhat of a glass cannon. Electabuzz's Its Speed means that it is a viable revenge killer for offensive threats such as Dodrio, Kabutops, and Gyarados, which the other Electric-type Pokemon in the tier underspeed. This black and yellow beast is best played with aggression to shock foes with its offensive prowess.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Set Description
=========
Thunder and Thunderbolt are the obligatory STAB attacks that allow Electabuzz to scare most of the Water-type Pokemon in the tier, such as Slowbro, Qwilfish, and Omastar, and also most of the Flying-types, like such as Scyther, Dodrio, and Crobat. Psychic is Electabuzz's strongest attack to hit Nidoqueen and deals around 40% to it—with Spikes support, this is enough damage to force Nidoqueen to recover with Moonlight. This allows Electabuzz to aim for a Special Defense drop or switch out to gain a free turn for some momentum. It is noteworthy that Electabuzz avoids an OHKO from Nidoqueen too. Psychic also allows Electabuzz to reliably 2HKO Haunter without having to take the risk with Thunder's accuracy. Ice Punch can be used to hit Grass-types like Jumpluff and Bellossom for super effective damage while also dealing a heavy blow to Gligar, and a chance to freeze should never be scoffed at. Pursuit allows Electabuzz to trap Haunter and Slowbro, (AC) weakening them for sweepers that struggle against them like Granbull, Sandslash, and Kabutops. Alternatively, Cross Chop can be used to 2HKO Chansey and Magneton and also hits Piloswine hard. Hidden Power Grass can catch Quagsire off guard and still hit Piloswine. It is important to keep in mind that Cross Chop and Pursuit are incompatible with each other.

Team Options
========
Electabuzz's aggressive nature and ability to force switches means that Qwilfish, which provides Spikes support, makes a great partner for it. As Electabuzz tends to allow Ground-types like Nidoqueen and Quagsire to switch in, it is wise to pair Electabuzz with Pokemon that can shrug off Earthquakes such as Bellossom, Slowbro, and Gligar. Electabuzz's ability to Pursuit trap Slowbro and Haunter effectively means that Granbull, which is usually checked by these Pokemon, can run rampant on enemy teams. Having some a secondary answer to Water-types, like Bellossom and or Jumpluff, is wise, as Electabuzz's frailty means it cannot switch into too many Surfs Surf constantly.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============
Electabuzz can run RestTalk with Thunder and Psychic to give it some longevity, which it sorely lacks. However, this will leave it easily walled by Pokemon like Bellossom, Chansey, Magneton, and Piloswine, which Electabuzz can usually afford to cover in its other moveslots. Toxic can be used to wear down these Pokemon, forcing some Pokemon like Quagsire and Gligar to use Rest, (RC) or depleting Heal Bell PP on Granbull and Chansey. Thief allows Electabuzz to steal Leftovers from Pokemon that normally check it quite well like Hypno and Bellossom, which helps to eliminate them more easily later on, but this means that Electabuzz must either sacrifice Pursuit or some coverage options for a one-time usage move. Counter means that allows Electabuzz can to surprise KO some Physical physical attackers like Granbull, but its frailty means that it has difficulty in doing this consistently in a tier where many of the physical attacks are Earthquakes Earthquake is very common. It is also incompatible with Cross Chop and Pursuit. Fire Punch, replacing Ice Punch, lets Electabuzz hit Magneton for super effective damage while doing the same to the Grass-types, though it does considerably less to Jumpluff and Gligar. Reflect and Light Screen can be used to support teammates and allows Electabuzz to partially overcome its lack of bulk, but there are several more viable users of these moves in the tier, and using them comes with the opportunity cost of some offensive pressure, which is Electabuzz's biggest selling point. Thunder Wave gives Electabuzz a more reliable method of spreading paralysis, but it is not a common choice because many Pokemon that will try to switch into Electabuzz are Ground-types, and using it also means that coverage is sacrificed.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Ground-types**: Piloswine, Nidoqueen, and Quagsire all reliably switch into Electabuzz and threaten it immediately with a powerful Earthquakes. However, Piloswine must be careful of Cross Chop, which can 3HKO it, Nidoqueen is forced to recover if hit by Psychic on the switch and thus gives the Electabuzz a free turn, and Quagsire is 2HKOed by Hidden Power Grass. Sandslash and Graveler can also serve as checks, although they fear Electabuzz's coverage attacks due to their low Special Defense stats.

**Specially Bulky Pokemon**: Pokemon with good special bulk, particularly those that resist Electric like Ampharos and Bellossom, wall Electabuzz and can wear it down or inflict status on it. Electabuzz's best chance of breaking through these checks is with status, such as an Ice Punch freeze, Thunder paralysis with timely activations activations, or the rare Toxic. Hypno, Chansey, and Lanturn can also serve as effective Electabuzz checks with their bulk and access to status moves, but Hypno and Lanturn can be 3HKOed by Thunder after Spikes, and Chansey is 2HKOed by Cross Chop if Electabuzz has it. Shuckle can also wall Electabuzz and either PP stall it or poison it with a Toxic.

**Status Moves**: Electabuzz rarely runs Rest and depends heavily on its high Speed, so it dislikes taking status inflictions being statused. Slowbro, Slowking, and Ampharos can catch Electabuzz off guard with a Thunder Wave, and Jumpluff can paralyze it with Stun Spore. Mr. Mime, Haunter, and Hypno can force it to sleep with Hypnosis.

**Magneton**: Magneton is not a consistent answer against Cross Chop or Fire Punch variants of Electabuzz, but it is a great check otherwise, (RC) thanks to its resistance to Electric, Ice, and Psychic-type attacks.

[CREDITS]

- Grammar checked by: [[deetah, 297659], [, ]]
2/2 :blobthumbsup:
View attachment 202998
All done, thanks everyone! Earthworm Excal

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)