SM OU Enter the Stuntfisk

Enter The Stuntfisk
It's that time of the year again. It's cold, dark, and you might have experienced a little hint of winter depression. So what's better than taking one of the most ridiculous Pokémon into the OU ladder, and watch it do some work... some of the times. This team does not turn the ladder upside down. It got me up to 1400s in almost 2 hours (not too impressive maybe), but it certainly did make me smile! The biggest reason being the fact that it features one of the ugliest and most stupid Pokémon of all time: Stunfisk!
stunfisk.gif
latios.gif
toxapex.gif
tapubulu.gif
kartana.gif
charizard-megay.gif

It all started when I saw a comment on some video on Youtube saying something like "Want to check both Toxapex and Celesteela? Use Stunfisk pkface lol". I thought to myself "This is just too ridiculous! I have to try this thing out!". And what do you know, I gave it a go! The whole team is built around this stupid, little fish, 'cuz what's not better than a Pokémon that checks BOTH Celesteela and Toxapex!? It actually doesn't. In fact, just in team preview, I give up the idea of Stunfisk doing anything 90% of the game, but you'd be surprised how often it does SOMETHING, and that something usually turns out to be decisive. Anyways, on to the team!

stunfisk.gif

Stuntfisk (Stunfisk) @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 232 Def / 28 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Discharge
- Earth Power
- Toxic/Hidden Power Ice/Protect

The main star of this team! I invested as much as I could in HP and Defense while at the same time speed creeping it for Toxapex with no speed investment (yeah, that's how slow this thing is). It can be a pain for defensive Celesteela, Skarmory, garbage TTar sets and other physical Pokémon. Discharge is it's main go-to move. AV Magearna and Tangrowth are Pokémon that easily can switch in to this thing, but that doesn't appreciate a Paralysis. It's main purpose is to set up rocks, which it actually does pretty well. Earth Power abuses it's unique typing while also giving you some nice coverage. The last move is up to you. Toxic hits Zapdos. Hidden Power Ice hits Landorus and other Pokémon weak to it and Protect gives you an extra turn of recovery if you still have your lefties (or help you Toxic Stall your opponent with the help of Toxapex' Toxic Spikes).

toxapex.gif

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Haze
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Recover

Stunfisk doesn't really handle Pokémon like Greninja or Volcarona really well. So I threw in the one Pokémon I know works in most scenarios. Toxapex really helps this team, being able to set up Toxic Spikes and switch in repeatedly on special attacks thanks to Regenerator. It can really slow down the pace of the game and force switches, which really helps the bulky core of this team. But it's not unbeatable, which is why we have...

tapubulu.gif

Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Atk / 56 SpD / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Nature's Madness

Just the standard Smogon AV set. It really works with this team. Not only can it take a couple of hits from Tapu Lele and Koko (two Pokémon this team can struggle with), but it also sets up Grassy Terrain, making Stunfisk more capable of taking EQ hits! Genius!... Although it ultimately weakens it's Earth Power at the same time... However, this team has very little offense up until now. And I decided to use the Grassy terrain to my advantage, with...

kartana.gif

Kartana @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 19 Atk
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Smart Strike/Knock Off

Kartana is this teams main win con. As well as it's only set up sweeper. Now, don't let that minus attack nature and questionable IV fool you. Because this Kartana doesn't collect Attack boosts, it collects Speed boosts. It seems gimmicky, but this Pokémon may turn a defensive Landorus into pure set up fodder. Leaf Blade is your most spammable move, as it's stab and the fact that it hits even harder in Grassy terrain. Sacred Sword gives this Pokémon some chance against Pokémon such as Magnezone and Heatran, especially with All Out Pummeling. The last move is up to you. I personally like Smart strike best, as it allows me to hit opposing Tapu Bulu and Clefable for a bit more damage, but you could also use Knock Off for things like Lati@s, Alolan Marowak, Jirachi etc.

charizard-megay.gif

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Now I wanted a Pokémon that could just throw punches (or fire blasts) around and weaken my opponents team. A Pokémon that could open up for a potential Kartana sweep or Stunfisk miracle. And that Pokémon is none other than Charizard Y. I choose this Pokémon because it can hit things the rest of my team struggles with, such as Magearna. Hidden Power Ice is mainly for any Lando that isn't scarf, but it works against the odd Salamence every now and again too (which people tend to switch into this thing). Focus Blast kills Heatran 2,5% of the time, making it risky for my opponent to switch that Pokémon in too. And at last I put Roost on this thing, giving it some longevity.

latios.gif

Latios @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Draco Meteor
- Recover
- Defog

Latios is the hazard remover for this team, which I needed because Charizard really appreciates rocks being gone. I wanted one that could hit hard and threaten certain Pokémon like unboosted Charizard X. This team does have Toxic spikes, so it's mainly to get rid of rocks. And wouldn't it be stupid if my defog Pokémon didn't do anything other than that? All I wanted to say is, I wanted a Pokémon that could do several things.

Adn there you go! That's my Stunfisk team for y'all! Now, release your inner Stunfisk! Make that thing shine! Even when it looks like it's doing nothing, it will still get you that one life saving Static paralysis for ya. What do you guys think of my first OU RMT? Also, hopefully I did this right... :]

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Haze
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Recover

Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Atk / 56 SpD / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Nature's Madness

Latios @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Draco Meteor
- Recover
- Defog

Stuntfisk (Stunfisk) @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 232 Def / 28 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Discharge
- Earth Power
- Toxic

Kartana @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Smart Strike

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Hi, interesting team! I understand Stunfisk is kind of the point of this team, but there are plenty of Pokemon that check Celesteela and Toxapex, anything with Electric STAB really, or even Zygarde with 1000 Arrows, especially with Substitute to avoid Toxic and Leech Seed.

Of course if you wish to keep Stunfisk for the meme factor, I would recommend Scarfing either Latios or Kartana, probably the latter, as you can snowball with Beast Boost, rather than lose momentum after one Draco Meteor. At the moment you will be wrecked by fast attackers like Mega Lopunny or Alakazam (if Kartana's Beast Boost is Traced, that is 6-0). I would also maybe use the mixed Toxapex Wall, seeing as you already have dedicated physical and special walls with Bulu and Stunfisk. Hope this helps!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)