Tournament Eternal Pokémon Open [Won by lyd]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eternal Pokémon Open
round 1
Introduction
Hello everyone, and welcome to the first edition of Eternal Pokémon Open. This tournament is a best-of-three format played in the Pet Mod Eternal Pokémon, whose resources can be seen below.

Resources
Thread
Spreadsheet
Teambuilder
When searching up Eternal Pokémon, type "x-eternal" and click the part where it says "No exact match found. The closest matches alphabetically are:". For searching moves, look up the type of the move and it should show up.
Calculator
Viability Rankings
Sample Teams
Role Compendium

Scheduling Tips
1)
Contact your opponent as soon as you can! Mention your time zone, PS! username (if it differs from your account's name), and your availability.
2) Try to give your opponent at least two or three time-options. If you only have 15 minutes on an entire week to play on you shouldn't be signing up in the first place.
3) Try to be specific, "Weekend Afternoons", "After Lunch", or anything similar is likely to fail when it comes to scheduling.

Pairings
Mygavolt vs. Flurbel
Jucherz vs. pazza
Squawkerz vs. Brodaha
Yoshiblaze vs. pqs
GamerOGuy vs. SectoniaServant16
mt0101 vs. leonard (from big bang theory)
charizard8888 vs. Mageic Master
Tmi489 vs. OliPlayzHD2
Gravity Monkey vs. Gurpreet Patel (Sent you a Friend Request)
Magikingdra vs. CreeperDNA
lyd vs. InfernoDragon218
stuuful12 vs. Quantum Tesseract

Deadline for round 1 is Sunday 27th, May.

I apologize for the issues, CreeperDNA

Tagging charizard8888 to please take a look at the bug, in the meantime, feel free to have a rematch with Magikingdra (bo3 still) without using Eevee-E if the problem isn't solved by then (I'll post here whenever it gets solved). If it's needed I can grant a 4-day extension for both of you, just let me know in advance. I'm really sorry about this problem.

On another note:
This feels like a very important bug to fix when a battle is played on the custom client abilities on eternal pokemon default to the first one available, not the one you choose you have to import the team onto the direct dragon heaven server for abilities to be correctly chosed
As Earlio (aka Leonard (from big bang theory)) pointed out, using the custom builder sometimes result in abilities defaulting for the first option instead of the chosen one. zard is also trying to solve this problem, but meanwhile, please change the abilities of your Eternal Pokémon on the dragon heaven server.

Last edited:
On another note: As Earlio (aka Leonard (from big bang theory)) pointed out, using the custom builder sometimes result in abilities defaulting for the first option instead of the chosen one. zard is also trying to solve this problem, but meanwhile, please double check the abilities of your Eternal Pokémon before playing.
I've encountered this bug and it actually shows the ability you chose in the teambuilder, but when you start playing it switches to the first ability. So double checking the teambuilder doesn't really help since the bug occurs only in game.

I've encountered this bug and it actually shows the ability you chose in the teambuilder, but when you start playing it switches to the first ability. So double checking the teambuilder doesn't really help since the bug occurs only in game.
Have you tried cache refreshing the teambuilder page before importing? Somebody suggested this to me when I was having trouble with Pikachu-E's Lightningrod turning into Static in battle and it seemed to fix it. But yeah, make sure to test and double test your teams for abilities before playing a tour match!

Lost to my man mt0101 in a very interesting set of 3. GG!

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen7eternalpokemon-4224
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen7eternalpokemon-4229
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen7eternalpokemon-4230

I should've never helped anyone practice

I'll dump some of my teams on the main thread in a bit for people to see
Thank you for the amazing matches earl, I feel like we played at a high level and showed off the viability of the different playstyles and pokemon in this meta. I'm pretty proud of the teams I built for this round (4, 1 rain team I didn't use), I'll probably post them after I come up with new ones lol

The Friday after the deadline is the day I get off school. I might need one more day, and I’m not sure of DNA’s availability.
Okay, feel free to have your extension until Sunday 3rd, does that work? Btw, for others reading this, I won't be able to give such extensions to every person, I'm doing so here because of the glitch.
Sorry for Double Post but could it possibly be how Eevee was coded into the server, combined with the fact that Extreme Evoboost is (possibly hardcoded) to work with only eevee?
Oh yeah thats likely it, good catch.

charizard8888

Catch The Wave
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I apologize for the issues, CreeperDNA

Tagging charizard8888 to please take a look at the bug, in the meantime, feel free to have a rematch with Magikingdra (bo3 still) without using Eevee-E if the problem isn't solved by then (I'll post here whenever it gets solved). If it's needed I can grant a 4-day extension for both of you, just let me know in advance. I'm really sorry about this problem.

On another note: As Earlio (aka Leonard (from big bang theory)) pointed out, using the custom builder sometimes result in abilities defaulting for the first option instead of the chosen one. zard is also trying to solve this problem, but meanwhile, please change the abilities of your Eternal Pokémon on the dragon heaven server.
Sorry for Double Post but could it possibly be how Eevee was coded into the server, combined with the fact that Extreme Evoboost is (possibly hardcoded) to work with only eevee?
That was precisely the case, Extreme Evoboost has hardcoded to Eevee.
Fixed it now https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen7eternalpokemon-4325
I'm extremely sorry for this. We tested for Light Ball on Pikachu-Eternal but forgot this.

Also made it so that Catastropika and 10000k Thunderbolt work on Pikachu-Eternal.
Let me know if there are any other signature items or moves (like Hyperspace Fury for Hoopa-U) for Eternal formes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)