SM OU First In-Game Team

This is the first team that I made in game, so it satisfies me to see these IV Bred and EV Trained guys ready to go. Haven't actually used them in battle, so.... Just wanna see what the people here think. Sucks though that the format is 3v3 (too used to Pokemon Showdown format...) Also pokemons in a team can't have the same item (sigh)

Singles Format

Golisopod @ Assault Vest
Emergency Exit
Adamant Nature
- Leech Life
- First Impression
- Liquidation
- Sucker Punch
252 Atk, 252 Sp. Def, 6 Def

Used mostly as a pivot"er" (is that the accurate term?) His entire purpose is to try and grab opportunities to bring in the other 5, who all excel in their own respective situations (although Porygon2 and Shiinotic have semi-similar purposes) If his health doesn't drop low enough to activate Emergency Exit, he can still hit hard. First Impression because it complements his ability, Sucker Punch for a semi-consistent priority move (chosen over Aqua Jet), Leech Life for longetivity and Liquidation for the ridiculously powerful hits. Assault Vest for more defense and Adamant for more damage.

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Trace
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Tri-Attack
- Toxic
- Ice Beam
252 HP, 252 Sp. Def, 6 Def

The standard set for Porygon2. Basically a really tanky wall, although with a bit of offensive capabilities. Recover for the much needed sustain, Tri-Attack just as a stab that has a nifty side effect of spreading status, although I would think Toxic is prefferable since burns or paralysis aren't always what you need and Tri-Attack is leaving too much to chance. Ice Beam for coverage. The IV spread is because I would prefer to emphasize his Special Tankiness over Physical, because I feel Shiinotic focuses on that more than anything else (Strength Sap is nice)

Shiinotic @ Leftovers
Effect Spore
Bold Nature
- Strength Sap
- Moonblast
- Leech Seed
- Giga Drain
252 HP, 252 Def, 6 Sp. Def

Similar to Porygon2 but with en emphasis on walling physical attackers. One strength sap is enough to render them invalid, I think, and would force them to boost up or switch out, or suffer a leech seed and nearly infinite sustain. Giga Drain is there for STAB and because Strength Sap comes in diminishing returns, I think? Moonblast the same for Giga Drain (STAB)

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Stance Change
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield
- Shadow Ball
- Sacred Sword
252 HP, 252 SpA, 4 Sp. Def

The generic set from Battle Spots Singles, basically. Another hard hitter that has a semblance of walling potential. Shadow Sneak for cleaning up, King's Shield because Stance Change is a thing, Shadow Ball for really powerful STABS, and Sacred Sword for coverage.

Weavile @ Life Orb
Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Night Slash
- Low Kick
252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Def

Ice Shard for priority, Icicle Crash for physical STABS, Night Slash for physical STABS and potential to crit (Knock Off was nigh impossible to breed, I think), and Low Kick for coverage against Steel types who would otherwise wall Weavile. Revenge killer, or just a clean up"er". Works in tandem with Golisopod, who can safely bring in him on a weakened opponent just for Weavile to kill it with its superior speed.

Lucario @Lucarionite
Justified
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed
- Swords Dance
- Iron Tail
252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Def

Close Combat for a powerful STAB, Extreme Speed for the high BP to hit pokemons that aren't weak to Steel harder than Bullet Punch. Honestly, I would think that Fairies would swap out at the face of Lucario, so Bullet Punch wouldn't be as nice. Although I'm not sure what's more powerful, Extreme Speed or STAB Bullet Punch? Swords Dance because Lucario here is the generic set-up sweeper and Iron Tail is for Steel Stab because I didn't get Bullet Punch.

The main problem I can see here is mostly Hazards, since I have no way of removing them and Weavile is weak to it, although Lucario is resistant to it. Fighting Types as well, and Fire Types... Damn now thinking about it they share a lot of common weaknesses... Hmmm...

Looks cool but a quick glance over the team will reveal you are using Aegislash and Lucarionite, both of which are currently banned under Smogon OU rules. You could also do with a hazard setter since you have none and possibly a form of hazard removal as well, since you are using 2 pokemon weak to Stealth Rocks which will be switching in and out a lot. If you wanna pack a Fire resistance as well as a rocks setter I could recommend Garchomp over Aegislash. If you wanted a Fighting resistance you could also go with defensive Landorus-Therian w/ Stealth Rocks. You could also go with Genesect over Golispod as Scarf Genesect is a much better offensive pivot than Golispod, as Golispod is not currently all that viable in the OU meta. You'll also have to swap out your mega as stated above as Lucarionite is banned. Mega Metagross is a good steel-type mega if you want a fast Pokemon capable of dealing a lot of damage. This rate is very brief and you could honestly search through the Uncharted Territory for some useful early teambuilding resources.

You built your Team for Battle Spot singles, But this rmt Forum is for Smogon OU Teams, which is a different Format. You should Post such a Team in the SM other Teams Forum.
Also, some General advice: try the different Formats and Tiers on Showdown and Battle Spot. You're Not limited to Battle Spot singles

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)