Non-Pokébank OU First RMT Battle Spot Singles

Hi everyone, I would like to start by saying this is my first time posting on Smogon. I've been playing battle spot since X/Y but haven't been very good, so I wanted to get some constructive advice while the meta is still young. On to the team!

upload_2016-12-18_12-38-46.png
Incineroar @ Incinium Z
Ability: Blaze
Nature: Adamant, EVs: 252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 SpD
- Flare Blitz
- Darkest Lariat
- Earthquake
- Taunt

I've been having consistent success with Incineroar on battle spot so far, primarily as a counter to Aegislash and check to Gengar and Mimikyu. Taunt shuts these mons down. EVs are meant so that Incineroar can take a hit and dish damage back out. I prefer Incinium Z to use his signature Z move to hit through King's Shield and protect-stallers.

upload_2016-12-18_12-49-30.png
Golisopod @ Assault Vest
Ability: Emergency Exit
Nature: Adamant, EVs: 252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 Def
- First Impression
- Liquidation
- Sucker Punch
- Leech Life

Golisopod is a monster. It's bulky enough to sponge resisted and neutral hits, especially with Assault Vest and covers up all but one of Incineroar's weaknesses. I'm usually cautious when making switches, so I see Emergency Exit as more of a safe switch in a tough spot rather than a liability.

garchomp.png
Garchomp Lum Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
Nature: Jolly, EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 Def
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Stone Edge
- Poison Jab

I don't like the fact that Garchomp is always so prevalent around battle spot, but it shores up my team's rock weakness better than any other available mon. I know Outrage is very risky with all these fairy types running around, but it hits very hard when the other person doesn't bring something that resists. Poison Jab is a must for all those fairy types. Lum Berry is more so for any unexpected burns than the Outrage confusion, though Choice Scarf or Focus Sash is also a consideration.

tapu-koko.jpg
Tapu Koko Life Orb
Ability: Electric Surge
Nature: Timid, EVs: 252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 HP
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Grass Knot
- Volt Switch

I wasn't planning on using Tapu Koko but the one I caught was Timid nature by chance and had the IVs in the right places. Fulfills my need for a fast special attacker and is dominating the meta. I sometimes use air balloon to surprise Garchomps even though it loses the electric terrain boost.

mimikyu.jpg
Mimikyu @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Disguise
Nature: Jolly, EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 Def
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Claw

These last two spots can be flexible. I went with Mimikyu because I like its immunity to fighting, 4x resistance to bug and neutrality to poison. Mimikyu has helped me beat other Mimikyu and has been really reliable all around. Ghostium Z is primarily to hit defensive mons such as Celesteela hard. Also considering Kartana for this spot.

tapu-lele.jpg
Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
Nature: Modest, EVs: 252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 SpD
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt

Tapu Lele fulfills my need for another special attacker and provides some necessary psychic coverage. I prefer Modest over Timid to hit neutral mons harder and Choice Specs for its sheer power to OHKO neutral mons. Modest also provides the flexibility to run scarf without losing too much power while making it quite fast. I'm not super thrilled about having three fairy types on my team so a special variant Pheromosa is a consideration or another special attacker.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)