Fragrances

Recently picked up 2 new fragrances that I can review
Lacoste L’Homme
this one is great I picked it up for like 23 dollars at a kohls store. It opens up with a lot of orange, and with the orange is a bit of vanilla/ginger is what I pick up most from smelling it. After the opening and moving into the drydown, the ginger and vanilla can be picked up a bit more along with some of the other notes like almond and amber. It smells great tho I don’t think it would offend anyone around you if you wore it. This one also performs quite well for me, it projects pretty well for the first 1-2 hours. After the first 1-2 hours the projection is a lot lighter. The fragrance does last like 6-7 hours for me though so that’s nice.
Now for my ratings for this one
Scent: 8.5/10
Projection: 7/10
Longevity: 7/10
Overall: 8/10

Moving on we have,
Versace Dylan Blue
Now this one is definitely one of my favorites that I’ve owned. I picked this up for around 70 dollars on a cruise I was recently on that has this big fragrance store in it. The opening is not my favorite but it’s not awful. I can really smell the grapefruit and bergamot and the ambroxan is also there in the opening for me as well. Overall I think there’s just too much bergamot and grapefruit in the opening. Though after about 5-10 minutes it becomes amazing. I get a lot more of the water notes, the violet, the incense, and of course the ambroxan is still there. After like 5 or so hours of wearing it, so towards the end of its longevity you can really pick up more of the incense, musk, tonka bean, with still a hint of the violet leaves, the saffron, etc. overall it smells great, I don’t think anyone around you could possibly dislike how it smells so that’s good. Dylan blue also performs pretty good on me, I get good projection for about 1.5-2 hours and about 7-8 hours of longevity.
Now for the ratings
Scent: 8.5/10 (would be a 9 if the opening was a bit better)
Projection: 8/10
Longevity: 8.5/10
Overall: 8.5/10 (very close to a 9)

overall both are great and I would recommend both. These can be worn by pretty much any guy but I think they very slightly lean towards younger guys

1yr

formerly I❤BerryKind
number 1 compliment getter i have ever used is ysl la nuit l'homme it smells like lavender and has great projection and a great smell idk bout the longevity its kinda mid like around 5 hours but everytime i wear it i get a compliment and i cant stop smelling it its actually so peak

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader
number 1 compliment getter i have ever used is ysl la nuit l'homme it smells like lavender and has great projection and a great smell idk bout the longevity its kinda mid like around 5 hours but everytime i wear it i get a compliment and i cant stop smelling it its actually so peak
+1 this is prob the best cologne ive ever smelled in my life

Reactions: 1yr

1yr

formerly I❤BerryKind
+1 this is prob the best cologne ive ever smelled in my life
by the fireplace is also so good i used to have a travel size but i used it all but i heard the projection on it is kinda ass. but with like summer fragrances i have aqua di gio profondo (the blue one) and its actually so good

1yr

formerly I❤BerryKind
Just got a compliment yesterday that ysl la nuit lhomme was the best thing they ever smelt this is actually a compliment magnet

1yr

formerly I❤BerryKind
If anyone is on a budget and need a sweet winter date night scent buy afnan 9pm it’s 30 dollars smells like bubblegum and lasts forever with amazing projection

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)