SS OU FS Lele Fighting Spam (Peak 1650 Elo)

FS Lele Fighting Spam

Poképaste
Good morning Smogon! Right now, I have gutter oil. I like gutter oil very much, but future sight Lele is better than gutter oil. Future sight makes mons go kaboom.

Gutter Oil (Tapu Lele) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Thunderbolt
- Future Sight
She's cute, she's divine, and she's cracked up on harmful oil recycled from restaurant garbage disposals. Lele is such a heavy hitter. She can force a switch out, click future sight, and almost guarantee to fork big some damage. Future sight is uncommon, so try to use the surprise factor to your advantage. Scarf Tapu Lele also provide decent speed control and can clean up late-game once psychic or fairy resists are weakened or fainted.
Thunderbolt is preferred to ease up the matchup against rain and open up bulky waters for Shifu, but you can also run focus blast for Ferro and Melm. Modest lets Lele punish repeated switch-ins harder, and I do not find Timid necessary as Hawlucha is the main speedster for the team.

Jesus' Brother (Urshifu-Rapid-Strike) @ Choice Band
Ability: Unseen Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- Aqua Jet
- U-turn
Glory to the Taiping Heavenly Kingdom (search it up it's really cool)! Shifu is one of the best offensive partners for Lele, so it is not surprising that it is included. The typical but effective band Shifu can rip through the enemy's team if played correctly. Future sight obilerates common Shifu checks such as Toxapex and Dragapult, while Shifu can remove steel types for Lele. Shifu can also serve as a pivot with u-turn when Lando is unsuitable.
Aqua jet does not synergize well with Lele, but it makes Blaziken significantly more manageable, and its other options are not that strong either.

Lying Flat (Hawlucha) @ Psychic Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 128 Def / 128 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
Meet Hawlucha, a young millinieal who strives for nothing more than a bare minimum. Hawlucha is the main win condition in this team. It can activate unburden under psychic terrain, get a sword dance up and then sweep. It alongside with Shifu can quickly overwhelm common fighting checks. It only has one chance though, and its frailty makes it hard to set up, so be sure to weaken its checks first and try to create opportunities for it to switch in.
Stone edge is there to bait Zapdos, which is really hard to deal with otherwise. 128 Spe lets you outspeed 124 Spe Hawlucha for the mirror match. It is uncommon, but extremely satisfying when it happens.

Chiang Kai-Shek (Bisharp) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
Friendly reminder: Chiang Kai-Shek is an evil and selfish dictator. Anyways, Bisharp's Dark / Steel typing complements the above core well. It provides ghost resist while being able to beat fairies for the 2 fighting types. It is also a potent wallbreaker in its own right. Possessing the strongest knock off in the tier, it is hard to switch into, especially when paired up with future sight. Although, it cannot sweep with swords dance, it applies heavy pressure and punishes passive plays.
Did you know that Adamant Bisharp OHKOs Barraskewda with sucker punch about half of the time (guaranteed kill after stealth rocks)? Gonna ease that rain matchup...

Wang Jingwei (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Toxic
Wang Jingwei, the ultimate treasoner, a nefarious nickname for a nefarious mon. Physically defensive Lando is the rocker and main pivot for this team. Lando can switch into many physical attackers and then u-turn out. Positioning is crucial for offense, and having a pivot is greatly appreciated. He also provides the nearly required electric immunity and can toxic on set up sweepers, all while maintaining decent offensive presence. You know him, he is just that good at role compression!
Special attackers are usually more prone to revenge killing, therefore I find them manageable without needing a specially defensive mon, so physically defensive Lando is used instead.

Genshin Impact (Volcarona) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Flamethrower
- Bug Buzz
- Psychic
I am sorry to break the news that Volcarona is now addicted to Genshin Impact. It serves as a second win condition after Hawlucha. It is chosen as the last member for its great matchup against threats such as Kart, Melm, Nidoking and Weavile, and it appreciates the lack of aqua jet and boosted psychic under psychic terrain. In addition, it can also tank special hits with quiver dance in a pinch.

Threats

Since Shifu is the only water resist, offensive water mons can be a problematic matchup, with rain being the worst. If Barraskewda gets in for free, something will die. (I usually sacrifice volcarona as it is not good against rain)

Dragonite can easily set up a dragon dance on Urshifu or Volcarona and threaten to sweep. Landorus can check it, but not very reliably as Dragonite can run ice punch.

Switching into opposing Tapu Lele is very risky and prediction-reliant with this team. There is some counterplay as Lele can 1v1 specs Lele, and Bisharp can live a moonblast from scarf Lele, but it is tricky.

Replays

v.s. :buzzwole::landorus-therian::magnezone::tyranitar::tapu lele::toxapex:
v.s. :mew::dragonite::landorus-therian::tapu lele::kartana::tyranitar:
v.s. :kartana::dragapult::crawdaunt::weavile::melmetal::landorus-therian:
v.s. :weavile::zapdos::pelipper::barraskewda::ferrothorn::seismitoad:
tournament win with funny hax :snorlax::suicune::melmetal::victini::landorus-therian::zapdos:

DRINK YOUR GUTTER OIL

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader
Hey I love your descriptions they are very funny, so thank you for the good laugh.

So congrats on reaching 1580 ELO, hopefully this team can press to further heights.

The replay for the rain dance team I think you took a team that countered your team very well and found out a way to get the win, but I will say the opponent did a bad job of keeping rain alive, by letting Pelipper die. I do believe Barraskewda does give problems to this team if Bisharp goes down, so its very key to keep Bisharp alive. Do I think you need any team changes to prevent one of the threats you listed, no because you have options playing around with Urshifu-Rapid-Strike and forcing Barraskewda out.

I see you listed Dragonite as a threat, while I do see it as a threat this is an offensive team and as long as Hawlucha gets out with +2 speed and assuming Dragonite isn't running Extreme speed, you might have Dragonite covered there. Tapu Lele I see can give problems but if it's choiced I feel like it can easy to play around but Bisharp can't too much chip damage (importance of Bisharp again).

Lastly I will say I see Dragapult being annoying to this team, yes you do have Bisharp taking some of the Shadow Ball damage, but after a while it'll be low enough HP to take it down and if Hawlucha isn't set up I can see Dragapult tearing through the team, so be careful for that.

Now onto the recommendations:

I feel like to not have an issue with entry hazard (regardless of Volcarona having Heavy-Duty Boots) I would recommend that going with Defog on Landorus-Therian > U-Turn / Toxic. I feel like entry hazards could break this team down especially with the all the sweepers like (Urshifu, Bisharp, Tapu Lele) not being immune to spikes. Defog would fix this issue, my only recommendation is I don't know if you prioritize the value of pivoting on Landorus-Therian or having the ability to toxic the opposing Pokémon.

That will go into my next recommendation, I feel like a common hinderance on Volc is status, a Pokémon comes in to paralyze / toxic Volc and it becomes almost useless. I recommend going with Substitute > Psychic / Bug Buzz. This will allow you to get a substitute protection in and allow you to Quiver Dance if it's worth of setting up or attacking and switching back out. Psychic can be useful for fighting types and Toxapex but Bug Buzz can hit harder on neutral things because of stab if someone brings something out resistant to fire. Lastly I feel with the addition of the team having Defog now I would recommend Leftovers instead of Heavy-Duty Boots on Volcarona because it will assist with regaining health while keeping up a sub, also while scouting out moves with a higher % of misses to gain that free substitute.

Those are my small nitpicks but aside from that, excellent team and good luck in the future.

Lastly I will say I see Dragapult being annoying to this team, yes you do have Bisharp taking some of the Shadow Ball damage, but after a while it'll be low enough HP to take it down and if Hawlucha isn't set up I can see Dragapult tearing through the team, so be careful for that.
spdef lando might help? idk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)