Pet Mod [Gen 6] Megas Revisited - Slate 15: Playtesting

What time would you be able to play in roomtours this weekend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yoshiblaze

ye
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
2 more days before voting starts!

-------

:sm/lucario-mega:
Name: Mega Lucario
Type:

Ability: Mold Breaker
Stats: 70 / 130 (+20) / 86 (+16) / 130 (+15) / 86 (+16) / 123 (+33) [625 BST]
New Moves: Meteor Mash, Spikes, Taunt
Description: WIP (Went for a faster version of many people's subs, giving Lucario a bit more utility to leverage its pretty good typing and inherent offensive power. A great 123 Speed tier allows Lucario to force switches from the likes of Serperior and weakened Torn-T, giving it a chance to SD up or set a layer of Spikes. Taunt with that Speed tier is also nice to annoy walls and the aforementioned Serperior (in case it stays in to Glare), while Meteor Mash gives it its good future gen STAB move. Is quite weak without a boost and still decently frail, however.)
Swords Dance (Lucario) @ Lucarionite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Meteor Mash
- Swords Dance
- Ice Punch / Thunder Punch / Extreme Speed

Spikes (Lucario) @ Lucarionite
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Meteor Mash
- Ice Punch / Taunt / Thunder Punch
- Spikes

:sm/houndoom-mega:
Name: Mega Houndoom
Type:

Ability: Flash Fire
Stats: 75 / 90 / 105 (+55) / 155 (+45) / 80 / 95 [600 BST]
New Moves: N/A
Description: WIP (In contrast to Lucario, I went with a stronger but slower version of Houndoom than most. Dark/Fire is a terrifying offensive typing, just ask anyone who's played JolteMons or Gen 9 OU, so Mega Houndoom is able to use that combination to easily punch holes in opposing teams. Its typing makes it really hard to get in and its meh 95 Speed tier is too low to let it sweep against most teams (even without all the fast Megas), but you'll be greatly rewarded if you get it into position. Keeps Flash Fire and gets a huge physical bulk increase to make it slightly easier to get in.)
Utility Attacker (Houndoom) @ Houndoominite
EVs: 40 HP / 8 Def / 208 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Will-O-Wisp

Nasty Plot (Houndoom) @ Houndoominite
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Hidden Power Grass / Flame Charge

:sm/audino-mega:
Name: Mega Audino
Type:

Ability: Healing Magic - This Pokemon heals 6.25% of its max HP every turn.
Stats: 103 / 60 / 116 (+30) / 90 (+30) / 136 (+50) / 40 (-10) [545 BST]
New Moves: Boomburst, Defog
Description: WIP (PhysDef Hazard Remover with STAB Boomburst to keep itself from being passive. Ability synergizes with Wish, forcing you to click it less and potentially letting you run a move over Protect. Threatens most hazard setters because STAB Boomburst is ridiculous even uninvested, though it has a tough time against Heatran unless it runs HP Ground, as well as hating Ghosts. Also hates being weak to Fighting when Mega Lucario is getting added.)
Cleric (Audino) @ Audinite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Boomburst
- Wish
- Protect
- Knock Off / Defog

Offensive (Audino) @ Audinite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Surf
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Calm Mind (Audino) @ Audinite
Bold Nature
- Boomburst
- Hidden Power Ground / Thunder Wave
- Draining Kiss / Wish / Thunder Wave
- Calm Mind

Yoshiblaze

ye
With a day left of submissions, that means we have a veto post!

For veto posts, I will go through submissions that are likely to get vetoed when voting begins, which means that they would be disqualified from voting. For the last 24 hours of the submission phase, you have the time to fix any broken elements in your submissions so they don't get vetoed. Submissions are still open for these last 24 hours as well, so any submissions can still be made or edited.

---------------------------------------------------------------
The following submissions will get vetoed if they aren't adjusted before voting starts:
Type: Fighting/Dragon
Ability: Contrary
Stats: HP-70/Atk-105/Def/-70/SpA-105/SpD-70/Spe-95 BST: 515
New Moves: Draco Meteor, Outrage, -Flash Cannon, Meteor Mash, Poison Jab, Metal Claw, Bullet Punch
Description: Offensive Contrary user. Basically, it is stronger Serperior, with Draco Meteor to boost SpA and Superpower to boost Atk. Notice it’s stats aren’t that overwhelming, since Contrary attackers can be pretty broken (Serperior has only 75 SpA). I also took his Steel-type moves as to be walled by Fairies. This should make him balanced.
I see what you were trying to do here, but this sub breaks a few rules and thus would be vetoed. Mega Evolutions must have exactly 100 more BST then their base form, so you wouldn't be allowed to give Mega Lucario less BST than base Lucario. Additionally, moves can't be removed from the Pokemon in question. With that in mind, once you scale this up to the required BST and give it its lost moves back, this would likely be broken as Contrary Draco Meteors with high stats would be difficult to deal with. After you increase its stats to the required BST, I recommend either removing Draco Meteor or replacing Contrary.

:ss/audino-mega:
Type: Fairy
Ability: Pixilate
Stats: 103/50/126/90/126/50
New Moves: none, was gonna give it Boomburst but Sylveon STABmons
Description: Hyper Voice Pixilate Tank
While you are able to replace the primary typing of subs (with a good clearly explained reason), this cannot be done for Pokemon whose base forms are singled-typed because Megas have to share at least 1 type with their base form. Thus, all Mega Audino subs have to be part-Normal, making this sub illegal. You can simply make this Normal/Fairy to fix it.

:ss/lucario-mega:
Type: Fighting/Steel
Ability: Metallize (Normal moves become Steel)
Stats: 70/145/108/90/90/122
Description: Ekiller-Metal Edition
This would likely be broken, as STAB Extreme Speed is an extremely powerful tool that makes Lucario incredibly hard to deal with, especially since it has a much easier time coming in and setting up thanks to its typing. I recommend replacing Metalize with another ability, preferably a weaker and/or non-boosting ability as this sub has a very strong stat spread already

The following subs might get vetoed in their current state. I'd have to talk it over more with the rest of council, but I figured that it'd be fair to give a warning even if they might not get vetoed in the end so you still have a chance to change them:
Type: Normal/Ghost
Ability: Magic Guard
Stats: HP-103/Atk-60/Def-86/SpA-110/SpD-136/Spe-50 BST:545
Movepool Changes: + Stealth Rock, U-turn
Description: A secondary Ghost typing provides Audino with a Fighting immunity and U-turn resistance. Higher Special bull means it can more easily counter heavy special attackers like Serperior, Keldeo, and Volcarona. Wish+U-turn gives it amazing team support capabilities, especially considering its Magic Guard that lets it enter battle frequently and absorb status for teammates. To balance it out, it has lower defense and a Dark weakness, meaning it can’t reliably counter Knock Off users as the team’s Mega.
This sub is a little concerning for a couple reasons. Normal/Ghost is a pretty good typing, especially on something that'll take less damage from Knock Off since it's a Mega, so that combined with great bulk and Magic Guard makes this really hard to take down while Audino gets to use its bottomless utility to full effect. However, it's still fairly passive and a few Pokemon like Tyranitar can deal with it really easily, so I'm not fully sure if it would get vetoed. However, just to be safe, you could either replace Magic Guard with another ability or lower its Special Defense a bit and move those extra points to Attack and/or Speed.

:ss/Lucario-Mega:
Name:
Lucario-Mega | Codename : Dragonslayer
Type: Steel
Abillity: Pixilate
Stats: 70/120/90/144/90/101
New Moves: Hyper Voice, Moonblast
Description: A special attacker version of Lucario, with Pixilate acting as psuedo-Fairy stab. Continues to threaten Tyranitar with Aura Sphere, and damaging an Excadrill that switches in as well.
This is another borderline one, as -ate-boosted Extreme Speed is super strong, even when non-STAB as it's still a 104 BP priority move on a good offensive typing. However, since it's non-STAB and comes off a meh 120 Attack stat (meh for a Mega), that might not automatically make it broken, though it would still be challenging to deal with. Personally, I would stay away from -ate abilities on Pokemon that learn Extreme Speed and try to give it another incentive to use Fairy moves. Also, while you are able to replace the primary typing of the base form for the Mega, I do want to see clear reasoning for why you removed its primary typing as this is never done in the base games. This can just be a sentence or two.

Lastly, the following subs won't get vetoed, but I just wanted to comment on them for other reasons:
:ss/houndoom-mega:
Name: Houndoom-Mega | Codename : Hell Engine
Type: Fire/Electric
Abillity:Electric Surge (nerf eterrain to 1.3x or make it like 2-3 turns of it)
Stats: 75/110/95/125/100/105
New Moves: Thunderbolt
Description: A more offensive take on a twave switchin with insanely strong Electric attacks thanks to Electric Surge, it shreds quite a few of the top mons in the tier, but a specially bulky ground type with no fire weakness shouldn't fear it too much. As well, offensive faster ground attacks should just ohko with questionable bulk on Houndoom's part, and a rocks weakness.
This sub is fine, I would just like to a quick justification for why you made it Fire/Electric instead of keeping its primary typing and making it Dark/Electric. Also, since we can't change existing mechanics, any Electric Terrain setting ability must use the default form of Electric Terrain, so it has to boost Electric moves by 1.5x. Thus, you should make this version of Electric Surge only last 3 turns. You could also consider changing the name incase other people use Surge abilities in the future, but you don't have to.

And that's all! One more day to get your submissions in, so keep them coming!

Glad to see you back at this, Yoshiblaze. Hope everyone's 2023 is off to an...okayish start as rough as it's been so far.

That said, I have to "ask" this: While future abilities are "obviously" fair game, I would ask for clarification for later entries about whether future moves and/or altering existing abilities that other non-Mega mons are using, like Joltemons's change to Magma Armor, are fair game too. I would assume "no" for both, but it seems best to clear about it. In the meanwhile, have a bunch of me complaining that "my initial idea was already taken":

:ss/lucario-mega: Mega Lucario
New Ability
: Lightning Rod
Type:
/

Stats:
HP: 070 → 070 (+00)
Attack: 110 → 135 (+25)
Defense: 070 → 076 (+06)
Special Attack: 115 → 140 (+25)
Special Defense: 070 → 077 (+07)
Speed: 090 → 127 (+37)
(BST: 525 → 625)

New Moves: Earth Power, Mach Punch, Meteor Mash
Description: Given someone even took Limber already, I decided to go with Lightning Rod instead, which works out since I wanted to focus on Lucario-Mega's SpA more from the beginning, in part for Cobalion's sake. There's not much to say about this one except that its Speed stat is built around spite and crushing Gen 6 Talonflame with Extreme Speed since that alone seems a worthy niche. It might make the Speed seem a bit excessive otherwise with all the priority, but I can't really do anything about that given all the priority moves it already has in addition to already having both Swords Dance and Nasty Plot, with Mach Punch being like Meteor Mash in that it's just Lucario getting moves it got in later gens. Other than that, I decided to push this Lucario-Mega to be more specially oriented since literally all of the official Fighting type Megas are physically-oriented, which seems like it will cause problems Later™ if the same thing happens. Given Lucario-Mega already was the closest Fighting-Mega to favoring its SpA over its Atk, it seems the most logical to go it for that choice, which is why I also gave it Earth Power. Specially-oriented Fighting types just seem cool in general as mons that gets to naturally muscle through Blissey and Chansey without needing a bunch of boosts, and Lucario seems ideal for that between having good Atk, Aura Sphere, and Steel STAB and Flash Cannon to screw up Fairy types like (Magic Guard) Clefable with as well. Definitely worthy of a Mega slot without being the broken Adaptability Ubers mess it is officially.

:ss/houndoom-mega: Mega Houndoom
New Ability
: Mold Breaker
Type:
/

Stats:
HP: 075 → 075 (+00)
Attack: 090 → 100 (+10)
Defense: 050 → 085 (+35)
Special Attack: 110 → 135 (+25)
Special Defense: 080 → 090 (+10)
Speed: 095 → 115 (+20)
(BST = 500 → 600)

New Moves: Magic Coat, Poison Jab, Punishment, Swords Dance
Description: Man, Houndoom-Mega is rather difficult to think of anything interesting for even ignoring the good ideas already put up for it. Its original stats are actually quite well-suited for it. It's more just that as much as Solar Power makes it an absolute nuke in Sun, due to Charizard getting two Megas out of favoritism, there was already an overall better "Sun nuke" Mega released at the same time...that sets up its own Sun while getting to threaten being an entirely different Mega too. Whoops. So besides ditching Solar Power, I figured I would try to avoid that mistake by a) reining in its SpA a tad, b) making it slightly more glass cannon-y, and c) letting it potentially diversify its approach by way of giving it Swords Dance and a decent powerful physical Poison move. Magic Coat and Punishment are mostly just there to screw with people and because I like the underrated moves just like I do Snatch, which Houndoom already has, though a "devilish" mon tricking you into hurting yourself and/or punishing you is definitely appropriate. Besides, when it comes to Magic Coat, anything that screws with Klefki in the Gen before it almost by itself caused Prankster to get nerfed seems like it would be welcome, and it's extra fitting on a Dark-type mon that isn't weak to Fairy and that resists Steel.

As for Mold Breaker, that was a very late decision given the difficulty on deciding anything for this ability-wise. I eventually realized that outside of Ampharos-Mega, who can't make use of Mold Breaker very well since Mold Breaker doesn't get around type immunities, basically every other Mold Breaker mon is a physically-oriented mon that gets Earthquake, which is true even of Gyarados-Mega. So I decided to see if a specially-oriented mon might be able to make use of Mold Breaker, and while Houndoom-Mega's Dark STAB doesn't really interact with it, its Fire STAB certainly does. In fact, with Mold Breaker it gets to more or less throw out its Fire STAB with impunity since Heatran doesn't appreciate suddenly taking neutral damage from STAB Flamethrower or especially STAB Fire Blast; Mold Breaker Fire attacks breaking through Flash Fire feels appropriate for "hellfire" as well. And while it benefits against Thick Fat and Heatproof as well, its arguably best quality is ignoring Unaware too. This means that with Nasty Plot and/or Sludge Bomb, Houndoom-Mega gets to tell Clefable to sit down, shut up, and come back to Hell regardless of what abilities it's using, and Houndoom-Mega has the threat of using Substitute or even Magic Coat now to shut down Thunder Wave attempts (even if takes more Moonblast damage than is comfortable). Given how metagame defining Clefable is in this Gen (and would remain for at least the next two), that alone is a fine "niche" to have. (It should be noted, however, that Mold Breaker also backfires the most with Fire attacks since Mold Breaker ignores Dry Skin and Fluffy's would-be weaknesses to Fire, not that the latter exists in this Gen yet. All the more reason to use Toxicroak in Rain though I guess.)

And here comes the one that I'll have to explain the most as well as the one where I added far more moves than I am comfortable with normally doing just because the mon needs all the help it can get....

:ss/audino-mega: Mega Audino
New Ability
: Drizzle
Type:
/

Stats:
HP: 103 → 103 (+00)
Attack: 050 → 050 (+00)
Defense: 086 → 121 (+35)
Special Attack: 060 → 075 (+15)
Special Defense: 086 → 121 (+35)
Speed: 050 → 065 (+15)
(BST: 445 → 545)

New Moves: Boomburst, Parting Shot, Rapid Spin, Scald, Soak
Description: Putting the "wet" in "wet nurse" (strictly figuratively please), I decided to go in this seemingly random direction for a variety of reasons. The primary one is that all my other ideas were either already taken, especially since this is probably the only Mega where Regenerator feels remotely appropriate, or would be overpowered despite being more thematic, like using Triage with Normal/Ghost (or any typing, really). Sadly, not only is Normal/Ghost likely too good a typing with even this slightly lesser bulk and SpA, but Triage would likely be pretty obnoxious on something that naturally gets Wish, Healing Wish, Pain Split, and Calm Mind and Draining Kiss already. Even if it wasn't, then Triage would still have at least the opposite problem of just "encouraging" people to use a mon that seems best off K.O.ing itself in a more altrustic version of the issue that the official version of Banette-Mega has with Prankster Destiny Bond. So I wanted to avoid that. (Audino even already gets Drain Punch for Triage to murder Bisharp and Tyranitar with, which is pretty funny since even with negative Speed it would still invalidate Sucker Punch too.)

So Normal/Water eventually came to mind (since Normal/Electric has already been taken) because it's a rather nice typing that's mostly wasted on Bibarel, which remains true even in Gen 9. Rain support came to mind given Yoshiblaze's comments in the aftermath of the Gen 6 refreshers last weekend about how Rain felt woefully outmatched right now without Swampert-Mega around and this...intentionally isn't direct competition for that, instead being a "side-grade" to Pelipper (since Politoed might as well not exist since we can't buff it). That feels like a more reasonable goal than trying to be a variant of Blissey or Clefable given just how good those mons are without having to give up your Mega slot at all since at least in this case you can just run another Rain abuser where Pelipper would be (or run both together if you're masochistic). Audino-Mega's bulk and the fact that it only transforms the weather when it transforms itself allows it to beat all the other weather setters who aren't named "Abomasnow", especially since it's faster than all of them save Ninetales and already gets Thunder(bolt). Its rabbit, hearing, and nursing themes also already have at least vague ties to water, at least if you really squint--stop that, it's bad for your eyes. ("Infinite" rain also feels appropriate since it won't stop raining here in California right now due to the monkey's paw curling when people asked for rain.)

So this Audino-Mega is meant to be a Rain support Mega mon that lets you run more Rain abusers, potentially support Pelipper (since Heavy Duty Boots can't this gen) if you want to use both for some reason, and can "beat" both Tyranitar and Hippo (and Excadrill) without being weak to (Stealth) Rock or being utterly passive due to the new stuff it was given. Sure, it's still (intentionally) not going to be beating Ferrothorn anytime soon, at least easily, but you can now Soak the bastard and then Thunder it if you want to be stubborn about staying in, though you're probably getting hit by (no longer STAB) Power Whip in the meanwhile. Even if you have to flee from Ferrothorn's Rain-walling might, you can at least pivot away from it safely via Parting Shot without taking damage and without being weak to Stealth Rock unlike Pelipper, even if the trade off is that Audino-Mega's Rain will always last a shorter time and that it's affected by literally every other hazard too. That's all the more reason to use Qwilfish and Toxicroak though really. [/Toxicroak agenda]

Mega Houndoom
Typing:

Ability: Dante
(This Pokémon's physical dark type attacks all become special and gain a x1.2 damage boost.)
Description: Back in gen 3, Houndoom prided itself in having the strongest pursuit in the game, but.....
Given what this is referencing and the intent behind it, I am deeply wounded this ability isn't called "Abandon All Hope" (even with Dante's ego-stroking about why that supposedly meant the opposite and how smart & special he was to realize that).

My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined. /s

Yoshiblaze

ye
It's now time to vote!

Voting Rules can be found below and in the OP:
After the submission phase is over, voting will begin. This mod will be using the same voting system as Book of Enigmas, where you can vote for as many submissions as you want, with each submission getting a certain number of points based on how you ranked it. An example can be seen below.
For a slate with Mega Beedrill, Mega Lopunny, and Mega Pidgeot, for example, a ballot would look like this:
Beedrill: User 1, User 2, User 3
Lopunny: User 4, User 5, User 6
Pidgeot: User 7, User 8, User 9

With this ballot, Submission 1 for Mega Beedrill would get 3 points, Submission 2 would get 2, and Submission 3 would get 1. The same goes for Submissions 4, 5, and 6 in the Lopunny category and Submissions 7, 8, and 9 in the Pidgeot category, with them getting 3, 2, and 1 point respectively.

You can add as many submissions are you'd like after your third vote, with each one getting 1 point.
Beedrill: User 1, User 2, User 3
Pidgeot: User 7, User 8, User 9, User 10, User 11
So, in this ballot, Submissions 10 and 11 would also get 1 point in the Pidgeot category.

You can vote for your own submission, but it can't be in first place or your only vote in that category. Be sure to mark your self-vote by putting (SV) after it.
Beedrill: User 12 (SV), User 2, User 3
This wouldn't be a legal ballot as the self-vote is in first place in the Beedrill category

Beedrill: User 12 (SV)
This also wouldn't be a legal ballot as the self-vote is the only vote in the Beedrill category

Beedrill: User 2, User 12 (SV)
Lopunny: User 4, User 12 (SV), User 6
Pidgeot: User 7, User 8, User 12 (SV), User 10, User 11
This is a legal ballot because none of the self-votes are in first place or the only vote in a category.

If you vote for only 2 submissions in a category, the first place submission gets 2 points and the second place submission gets 1 point. If you vote for just one, then that submission gets 1 point.
Beedrill: User 1 (1 point)
Lopunny: User 4 (2 points), User 5 (1 point)
Pidgeot: User 7 (3 points), User 8 (2 points), User 9 (1 point), User 10 (1 point), User 11 (1 point)
The submission with the most points in a category will be added to the mod. For every Mega, you will also have the option to vote for the original Mega Evolution if you aren't a fan of any of the submissions. However, this can't be done for Pokemon whose original Megas were banned to Ubers.
For most slates, the next submission phase will start immediately after voting ends for the previous slate. The long submission phase will still give ample time for discussion and playtesting during the week so you can adjust your submissions. However, every 3 slates or so, one or more roomtours will be held so we can see what state the metagame is in. This may result in winning submissions being nerfed or buffed, depending on what we learn. Buffs and nerfs (mostly nerfs) can also happen at any other time as we learn stuff between roomtours.
All submissions except for the following are eligible for voting:
SKIPPERGAMEZ's Lucario
SKIPPERGAMEZ's Audino

Voting will end in 24 hours. Good luck!
(If one of your subs isn't here and it wasn't vetoed then please let me know!

:sm/lucario:
Type: Fighting/Ghost
Ability: Stamina
Stats: 70 HP / 125 Atk (+15) / 115 Def (+45) / 125 SpA (+10) / 100 SpD (+30) / 90 Spe [625 BST]
New Moves: Shadow Sneak, Encore, U-Turn, Shadow Punch (flavor)
Description: One of the neatest things about Mega Evos is their interaction with Knock Off. This interaction was used to turn Mega Lucario into a defensive pivot, capitalizing on its Knock Off neutrality, U-Turn resist and Stealth Rock resist to find easy ways to get into play and collect Stamina boosts. With Drain Punch, it has surprisingly longevity and is really only limited by Ghost STAB options being mediocre.
Type: Fighting/Dark
Ability: Contrary
Stats: HP-70/Atk-105/Def/-120/SpA-105/SpD-120/Spe-105 BST: 625
New Moves: Sucker Punch, Parting Shot, Knock Off
Description: Offensive Contrary user. Basically, it is stronger Serperior, with Superpower to boost attack. A secondary typing of Dark makes it four-times resistant to Knock Off, while giving its own Knock Off a STAB. It’s base attacking stats aren’t too threateningly high, however, so it will rely heavily on Contrary boosts for power.
Type: Fighting/Steel
Ability: Iron Barbs
Stats: 70 / 135 / 125 / 125 / 71 / 99 [625]
New Moves: Nada
Description: Uses Iron Barbs and high physical bulk to be a nice physical wall. 135 Attack allows it to be not passive and get some nice healing with Drain Punch. It can also use a bulky SD set. Iron Barbs alongside its Dark resistance is great for dissuading Knock Off.
Type: Fighting / Steel
Stats: 70 / 115 (+5) / 140 (+70) / 115 / 110 (+40) / 75 (-15) | 625
New Moves: Mach Punch, U-Turn
Description: defensive/offensive pivot.
:XY/Lucario-mega:
Type:

Ability: Iron Fist
Stats: 70 HP / 135 Atk / 130 Def / 95 SpA / 85 SpD / 105 Spe [BST: 625]
Summary of Stat Changes: +25 Atk / +60 Def / -20 SpA / +15 SpD / +15 Spe
New Moves: Meteor Mash, Stealth Rock, Pain Split
Description: I like Cobalion. It's my favourite Sword Knight Musketeer thingies, so I took Mega Lucario and tried to emulate that. I like that Lucario is considered fast enough to be ran without Protect, so the free slot can be ran for things like Priority, or Stealth Rock, which I added. Iron Fist ensures it's not passive and that Drain Punch gives it a semi reliable form of recovery. Pain Split gives it that nice semi recovery too.
:ss/Lucario-Mega:
Name:
Lucario-Mega | Codename : Dragonslayer
Type: Steel
Abillity: Pixilate
Stats: 70/110/95/144/95/101
New Moves: Hyper Voice, Moonblast
Description: A special attacker version of Lucario, with Pixilate acting as psuedo-Fairy stab. Continues to threaten Tyranitar with Aura Sphere, and damaging an Excadrill that switches in as well.
Flavor: Mega Energy boosted the metallic segments exclusively, due to the nature of this metal's relation to auras and Mega Energy. An ancient spell has been awakened upon Lucario due to this surge of metal, which changes the pulsations of impacts from the metal, draining direct hits but blessing the normal hits with a fluttering impact.
Ability: Technician
Stats: 70 / 135 (+25) / 98 (+28) / 130 (+15) / 80 (+10) / 112 (+22) [625]
New Moves: Aerial Ace, Meteor Mash
Description: Has lots of moves that can be boosted by Technician, especially its priority moves. (Might revert the nerf to its offensive stats)
Type:
/

Ability: Scrappy
Stats: 70 / 125 (+15) / 105 (+35) / 130 (+15) / 85 (+15) / 110 (+20) [625]
New Moves: No new moves.
Description: The main things that set Lucario apart from other Pokemon are its wide array of priority moves (including Vacuum Wave), its wide array of mixed set-up moves, and its good defensive typing on balanced stats. Scrappy is much weaker than Adaptability, but ensures its priority moves will always do damage. Better defenses and reasonable speed should allow Mega Lucario to run sets with any of Calm Mind, Swords Dance, Nasty Plot. Because Close Combat is more powerful than Lucario's special attacks, it's kept a slightly higher Special Attack stat than Attack.
:sv/lucario-mega:
Ability: No Guard
Stats: 70 / 130 (+20) / 110 (+40) / 130 (+15) / 85 (+15) / 100 (+10)
Description: Like base Lucario, but more so.
Mega Lucario
Typing
:

Ability: Limber
HP: 70
Atk: 110 ---> 125 (+15)
Def: 70---> 70
SpA: 115 ---> 140 (+25)
SpD: 70 ---> 105 (+35)
Spe: 90 ---> 115 (+25)
New Moves: Meteor Mash, Mach Punch,
Description: Lucario is fast and can set up with either swords dance or nasty plot to break apart teams. Limber is nice since it guarantees that clef will be unable to just twave it to cripple it, and there for make Lucario a decent switch in to it, especially with the added bulk.. Most important of it however is the speed increase which allows this mon to sweep with setup way more easily.
Type:

Ability: Mold Breaker
Stats: 70 / 130 (+20) / 86 (+16) / 130 (+15) / 86 (+16) / 123 (+33) [625 BST]
New Moves: Meteor Mash, Spikes, Taunt
Description: WIP (Went for a faster version of many people's subs, giving Lucario a bit more utility to leverage its pretty good typing and inherent offensive power. A great 123 Speed tier allows Lucario to force switches from the likes of Serperior and weakened Torn-T, giving it a chance to SD up or set a layer of Spikes. Taunt with that Speed tier is also nice to annoy walls and the aforementioned Serperior (in case it stays in to Glare), while Meteor Mash gives it its good future gen STAB move. Is quite weak without a boost and still decently frail, however.)
:ss/lucario-mega: Mega Lucario
New Ability
: Lightning Rod
Type:
/

Stats:
HP: 070 → 070 (+00)
Attack: 110 → 135 (+25)
Defense: 070 → 076 (+06)
Special Attack: 115 → 140 (+25)
Special Defense: 070 → 077 (+07)
Speed: 090 → 127 (+37)
(BST: 525 → 625)

New Moves: Earth Power, Mach Punch, Meteor Mash
Description: Given someone even took Limber already, I decided to go with Lightning Rod instead, which works out since I wanted to focus on Lucario-Mega's SpA more from the beginning, in part for Cobalion's sake. There's not much to say about this one except that its Speed stat is built around spite and crushing Gen 6 Talonflame with Extreme Speed since that alone seems a worthy niche. It might make the Speed seem a bit excessive otherwise with all the priority, but I can't really do anything about that given all the priority moves it already has in addition to already having both Swords Dance and Nasty Plot, with Mach Punch being like Meteor Mash in that it's just Lucario getting moves it got in later gens. Other than that, I decided to push this Lucario-Mega to be more specially oriented since literally all of the official Fighting type Megas are physically-oriented, which seems like it will cause problems Later™ if the same thing happens. Given Lucario-Mega already was the closest Fighting-Mega to favoring its SpA over its Atk, it seems the most logical to go it for that choice, which is why I also gave it Earth Power. Specially-oriented Fighting types just seem cool in general as mons that gets to naturally muscle through Blissey and Chansey without needing a bunch of boosts, and Lucario seems ideal for that between having good Atk, Aura Sphere, and Steel STAB and Flash Cannon to screw up Fairy types like (Magic Guard) Clefable with as well. Definitely worthy of a Mega slot without being the broken Adaptability Ubers mess it is officially.
:sm/houndoom:
Type: Dark/Fire
Ability: Rattled
Stats: 75 HP / 110 Atk (+20) / 100 Def (+50) / 130 SpA (+20) / 80 SpD / 105 Spe (+10) [600 BST]
New Moves: Bonemerang
Description: Similar kind of idea to Mega Lucario by punishing common used moves, while keeping the useful role of a Ghost resist. Bonemerang differentiates it from Volcarona as while it doesn't snowball like Volc, it breaks through Heatran easier (even faster than a +2 Dark Pulse). Weavile matchup is really funny too.
Ability: Magic Bounce
Stats: HP-75/Atk-60/Def-125/SpA-140/SpD-89/Spe-111 BST: 600
Movepool Changes: +Morning Sun, Stealth Rock, Lava Plume
Description: With Magic Bounce, Houndoom can serve as a counter to status users, especially ones with Wil-o-Wisp. Morning Sun and a higher defense let it frequently enter battle to do big damage with 140 special attack and possibly set rocks. Lava Plume is also a nice STAB move to have, as it fits Houndoom’s more utility focused role by inflicting status, while also being able to status other Magic Bouncers.
Type: Dark / Poison
Ability: Intimidate
Stats: 75 / 110 (+20) / 90 (+40) / 110 / 100 (+20) / 115 (+20) | 600
New Moves: Knock Off, Gunk Shot, Sludge Wave, Pain Split
Description: pursuit user or plot user.
:Xy/houndoom-mega:
Type:

Ability: Merciless*
*Merciless - Triggers on all status ailments
Stats: 75 HP / 90 Atk / 90 Def / 140 SpA / 90 SpD / 115 Spe [BST: 600]
Summary of Stat Changes: same as in standard
New Moves: Toxic Spikes, Venoshock, Hex
Description: I always thought the only thing Houndoom needed was a real ability it could always use instead of just running crappy Solar Power. Now Houndoom's primary goal is to abuse the potent status inflictions that can be spread in Generation 6. Burn and Paralysis are both powerful statuses, and Merciless allows it to break past checks it normally could not. It can also run it's own Toxic Spikes or Will O Wisp instead of relying on support.
:ss/houndoom-mega:
Name: Houndoom-Mega | Codename : Hell Engine
Type: Dark/Electric
Abillity: Electric Burst - Sets Electric Terrain for 3 turns.
Stats: 75/110/95/125/100/105
New Moves: Thunderbolt
Description: A more offensive take on a twave switchin with insanely strong Electric attacks thanks to Electric Surge, it shreds quite a few of the top mons in the tier, but a specially bulky ground type with no fire weakness shouldn't fear it too much. As well, offensive faster ground attacks should just ohko with questionable bulk on Houndoom's part, and a rocks weakness.
Type:
/

Ability: Pitiless (The Pokémon's attacks become critical hits if the target is burned.)
Stats: 75 / 130 (+40) / 60 (+10) / 135 (+25) / 80 / 120 (+25) [600]
New Moves: No new moves. Pitiless is strong enough with Will-o-Wisp as the burner, no need to add Lava Plume.
Flavor: It has multiple Pokedex entries that talk about its burns being particularly bad. A merciless clone is one way of turning that into a mechanic, and meshes with the idea of it as a hound from hell.
Description: Mega-Houndoom is quite frail, but whoever it manages to mark with a burn will be in danger forever of STAB critical hit Fire Blasts, Pursuits, or Sucker Punches.
:sm/Houndoom-mega:
Mega Houndoom
Typing:

Ability: Dante
(This Pokémon's physical dark type attacks all become special and gain a x1.2 damage boost.)
HP:
Atk: 90 ---> 90
Def: 50---> 85 (+35)
SpA: 110 ---> 135 (+25)
SpD: 80 ---> 110 (+30)
Spe: 95 ---> 105 (+10)
New moves: Sludge Wave, Assurance
Description: Back in gen 3, Houndoom prided itself in having the strongest pursuit in the game, but that changed in gen 4 when the special / physical split happened, and houndoom was left in the dust. With Lucifero, Houndoom's physical attacks come from its higher offensive stat and get a damage boost akin to pixelate and the other ate abilities, making houndoom able to use really fun options like sucker punch and pursuit as special moves. Stats wise it received a speed and special attack stat nerf to compensate for the added power of the ability and incentivise the use of sucker punch, while increasing its special bulk. Assurance is a fun damage option, foul play is weird and crunch is just reliable.
:sm/Houndoom-mega:
Ability: Strong Jaw
Stats: 75 HP / 140 Atk / 60 Def / 110 SpA / 100 SpD / 115 Spe [600 BST] (+50 Atk,+10 Def, +20 SpD, +20 Spe)
New Moves: Poison Fang, Hyper Fang
Description: Evil Dog bites! Hyper Fang gives it a strong (120 BP) neutral coverage move if the metagame dictates the need for it.
Type:

Stats: 75 / 90 / 105 (+55) / 155 (+45) / 80 / 95 [600 BST]
Description: WIP (In contrast to Lucario, I went with a stronger but slower version of Houndoom than most. Dark/Fire is a terrifying offensive typing, just ask anyone who's played JolteMons or Gen 9 OU, so Mega Houndoom is able to use that combination to easily punch holes in opposing teams. Its typing makes it really hard to get in and its meh 95 Speed tier is too low to let it sweep against most teams (even without all the fast Megas), but you'll be greatly rewarded if you get it into position. Keeps Flash Fire and gets a huge physical bulk increase to make it slightly easier to get in.)
:ss/houndoom-mega: Mega Houndoom
New Ability
: Mold Breaker
Type:
/

Stats:
HP: 075 → 075 (+00)
Attack: 090 → 100 (+10)
Defense: 050 → 085 (+35)
Special Attack: 110 → 135 (+25)
Special Defense: 080 → 090 (+10)
Speed: 095 → 115 (+20)
(BST = 500 → 600)

New Moves: Magic Coat, Poison Jab, Punishment, Swords Dance
Description: Man, Houndoom-Mega is rather difficult to think of anything interesting for even ignoring the good ideas already put up for it. Its original stats are actually quite well-suited for it. It's more just that as much as Solar Power makes it an absolute nuke in Sun, due to Charizard getting two Megas out of favoritism, there was already an overall better "Sun nuke" Mega released at the same time...that sets up its own Sun while getting to threaten being an entirely different Mega too. Whoops. So besides ditching Solar Power, I figured I would try to avoid that mistake by a) reining in its SpA a tad, b) making it slightly more glass cannon-y, and c) letting it potentially diversify its approach by way of giving it Swords Dance and a decent powerful physical Poison move. Magic Coat and Punishment are mostly just there to screw with people and because I like the underrated moves just like I do Snatch, which Houndoom already has, though a "devilish" mon tricking you into hurting yourself and/or punishing you is definitely appropriate. Besides, when it comes to Magic Coat, anything that screws with Klefki in the Gen before it almost by itself caused Prankster to get nerfed seems like it would be welcome, and it's extra fitting on a Dark-type mon that isn't weak to Fairy and that resists Steel.

As for Mold Breaker, that was a very late decision given the difficulty on deciding anything for this ability-wise. I eventually realized that outside of Ampharos-Mega, who can't make use of Mold Breaker very well since Mold Breaker doesn't get around type immunities, basically every other Mold Breaker mon is a physically-oriented mon that gets Earthquake, which is true even of Gyarados-Mega. So I decided to see if a specially-oriented mon might be able to make use of Mold Breaker, and while Houndoom-Mega's Dark STAB doesn't really interact with it, its Fire STAB certainly does. In fact, with Mold Breaker it gets to more or less throw out its Fire STAB with impunity since Heatran doesn't appreciate suddenly taking neutral damage from STAB Flamethrower or especially STAB Fire Blast; Mold Breaker Fire attacks breaking through Flash Fire feels appropriate for "hellfire" as well. And while it benefits against Thick Fat and Heatproof as well, its arguably best quality is ignoring Unaware too. This means that with Nasty Plot and/or Sludge Bomb, Houndoom-Mega gets to tell Clefable to sit down, shut up, and come back to Hell regardless of what abilities it's using, and Houndoom-Mega has the threat of using Substitute or even Magic Coat now to shut down Thunder Wave attempts (even if takes more Moonblast damage than is comfortable). Given how metagame defining Clefable is in this Gen (and would remain for at least the next two), that alone is a fine "niche" to have. (It should be noted, however, that Mold Breaker also backfires the most with Fire attacks since Mold Breaker ignores Dry Skin and Fluffy's would-be weaknesses to Fire, not that the latter exists in this Gen yet. All the more reason to use Toxicroak in Rain though I guess.)
:sm/audino:
Type: Normal/Fairy
Ability: Comatose
Stats: 103 HP / 120 Atk (+60) / 96 Def (+10) / 60 SpA / 86 SpD / 90 Spe (+30) [BST]
New Moves: Rapid Spin
Description: Clefable sidegrade if you don't have a mega on your team yet. Staggering amounts of utility (no SR tho).
Type: Normal/Fighting
Ability: Tough Fighter (Water Veil clone. Lol!)
Stats: 103 / 60 / 96 (+10) / 110 (+50) / 126 (+40) / 50 [BST]
New Moves: Aura Sphere
Flavor: TBA
Description: Meant to be a fat Special Tank that can support teams with Wish and is slow, and fat Fighting-types are also uncommon. Also can be a really good Knock Off and Burn absorber if your team needs one. Doesn't really have much recovery for the most part though (its only viable ways of doing so are Pain Split and Wish.)
Type: Normal/Ghost
Stats: HP-103/Atk-60/Def-86/SpA-110/SpD-136/Spe-50 BST:545
Movepool Changes: + Stealth Rock, U-turn
Description: A secondary Ghost typing provides Audino with a Fighting immunity and U-turn resistance. Higher Special bulk means it can more easily counter heavy special attackers like Serperior, Keldeo, and Volcarona. Wish+U-turn gives it amazing team support capabilities, especially considering its Magic Guard that lets it enter battle frequently and absorb status for teammates. To balance it out, it has lower defense and a Dark weakness, meaning it can’t reliably counter Knock Off users as the team’s Mega.
Type: Normal / Fairy
Ability: Serene Grace
Stats: 100 / 60 / 116 (+30) / 100 (+40) / 116 (+30) / 50 | 545
New Moves: Moonblast, Parting Shot
Description: vanilla megadino but with more spa and moonblast (i love moonblast) and parting shot to be not a momentum sink. serene grace is pretty funny to allow it to spam thunder para and moonblast spa drops.
:XY/audino-mega:
Type:

Stats: 103 HP / 60 Atk / 130 Def / 100 SpA / 97 SpD / 55 Spe [BST: 545]
Summary of Stat Changes: +44 Def / +40 SpA / +12 SpD / +5 Spe
New Moves: Discharge, Volt Switch, Charge Beam, Charge, Zap Cannon
Description: I noted that Thunder Wave is REALLY annoying in Gen 6, and of note that the amount of really good electric megas we have are one (1). I also noted that hazards generally wear down alot of stuff, so I wanted something with some resistance to that. So I decided to turn MAudino into a PhysDef Electric wall. It's held in check by a notable weakness to Ground and Fighting, two strong physical attacking types and a mid SpD. Even so, blanking Flying types in a meta where they are strong will always be good, and Wish Passing will be very good.
:ss/audino-mega:
Type: Normal / Fairy
Stats: 103 / 60 / 126 (+40) / 80 (+20) / 126 (+40) / 50 [545]
New Moves: None
Description: Regen. That is all.

Type:

Stats: 103 / 50 (-10) / 131 (+35) / 100 (+40) / 131 (+35) / 50 [545]
New Moves: No new moves.
Description: The original Mega-Audino was incredibly weak. However, with the change of ability from something useless in singles to Magic Guard, this new Mega-Audino can work similar to Clefable. The Fairy type has been removed to give distinction from Clefable, and in the end a much weaker type, no Softboiled, and the use of the Mega stone are the compensation for Mega-Audino's monstrous bulk. Blissey would be proud.

Yoshiblaze Note: This Mega would be illegal because it has the wrong BST. However, as I just noticed this myself and didn't catch it during vetoes, I will allow it, but if it does win, it will have 121 in both defenses instead of 131.
:sm/Audino-mega:
Type: Normal/Psychic
Ability: Soul-Heart
Stats: 103 HP / 70 Atk / 136 Def / 90 SpA / 96 SpD / 50 Spe [545 BST] (+10 Atk, +50 Def, +30 SpA, +10 SpD)
Description: A Calm Mind sweeper that streamrolls through teams once it nets a KO. I chose Psychic over Fairy since Psychic is a more powerful STAB than Dazzling Gleam, and Mega Audino's bulk already makes up for the loss of Fairy's defensive benefits. A sky-high Defense stat allows it to absorb Knock Off despite its weakness to it. Regenerator pre-mega gives it more liberty in setting up, similar to official (Mega) Slowbro.
Type:

Ability: Healing Magic - This Pokemon heals 6.25% of its max HP every turn.
Stats: 103 / 60 / 116 (+30) / 90 (+30) / 136 (+50) / 40 (-10) [545 BST]
New Moves: Boomburst, Defog
Description: WIP (PhysDef Hazard Remover with STAB Boomburst to keep itself from being passive. Ability synergizes with Wish, forcing you to click it less and potentially letting you run a move over Protect. Threatens most hazard setters because STAB Boomburst is ridiculous even uninvested, though it has a tough time against Heatran unless it runs HP Ground, as well as hating Ghosts. Also hates being weak to Fighting when Mega Lucario is getting added.)
:ss/audino-mega: Mega Audino
New Ability
: Drizzle
Type:
/

Stats:
HP: 103 → 103 (+00)
Attack: 050 → 050 (+00)
Defense: 086 → 121 (+35)
Special Attack: 060 → 075 (+15)
Special Defense: 086 → 121 (+35)
Speed: 050 → 065 (+15)
(BST: 445 → 545)

New Moves: Boomburst, Parting Shot, Rapid Spin, Scald, Soak
Description: Putting the "wet" in "wet nurse" (strictly figuratively please), I decided to go in this seemingly random direction for a variety of reasons. The primary one is that all my other ideas were either already taken, especially since this is probably the only Mega where Regenerator feels remotely appropriate, or would be overpowered despite being more thematic, like using Triage with Normal/Ghost (or any typing, really). Sadly, not only is Normal/Ghost likely too good a typing with even this slightly lesser bulk and SpA, but Triage would likely be pretty obnoxious on something that naturally gets Wish, Healing Wish, Pain Split, and Calm Mind and Draining Kiss already. Even if it wasn't, then Triage would still have at least the opposite problem of just "encouraging" people to use a mon that seems best off K.O.ing itself in a more altrustic version of the issue that the official version of Banette-Mega has with Prankster Destiny Bond. So I wanted to avoid that. (Audino even already gets Drain Punch for Triage to murder Bisharp and Tyranitar with, which is pretty funny since even with negative Speed it would still invalidate Sucker Punch too.)

So Normal/Water eventually came to mind (since Normal/Electric has already been taken) because it's a rather nice typing that's mostly wasted on Bibarel, which remains true even in Gen 9. Rain support came to mind given Yoshiblaze's comments in the aftermath of the Gen 6 refreshers last weekend about how Rain felt woefully outmatched right now without Swampert-Mega around and this...intentionally isn't direct competition for that, instead being a "side-grade" to Pelipper (since Politoed might as well not exist since we can't buff it). That feels like a more reasonable goal than trying to be a variant of Blissey or Clefable given just how good those mons are without having to give up your Mega slot at all since at least in this case you can just run another Rain abuser where Pelipper would be (or run both together if you're masochistic). Audino-Mega's bulk and the fact that it only transforms the weather when it transforms itself allows it to beat all the other weather setters who aren't named "Abomasnow", especially since it's faster than all of them save Ninetales and already gets Thunder(bolt). Its rabbit, hearing, and nursing themes also already have at least vague ties to water, at least if you really squint--stop that, it's bad for your eyes. ("Infinite" rain also feels appropriate since it won't stop raining here in California right now due to the monkey's paw curling when people asked for rain.)

So this Audino-Mega is meant to be a Rain support Mega mon that lets you run more Rain abusers, potentially support Pelipper (since Heavy Duty Boots can't this gen) if you want to use both for some reason, and can "beat" both Tyranitar and Hippo (and Excadrill) without being weak to (Stealth) Rock or being utterly passive due to the new stuff it was given. Sure, it's still (intentionally) not going to be beating Ferrothorn anytime soon, at least easily, but you can now Soak the bastard and then Thunder it if you want to be stubborn about staying in, though you're probably getting hit by (no longer STAB) Power Whip in the meanwhile. Even if you have to flee from Ferrothorn's Rain-walling might, you can at least pivot away from it safely via Parting Shot without taking damage and without being weak to Stealth Rock unlike Pelipper, even if the trade off is that Audino-Mega's Rain will always last a shorter time and that it's affected by literally every other hazard too. That's all the more reason to use Qwilfish and Toxicroak though really. [/Toxicroak agenda]

Stamina Lucario is an amazing idea, as is Electric Audino, and Dante, while I worry it may be too strong, is a really creative way to buff Houndoom.

Lucario: Ema Skye, faithviolet (SV), Gekokeso, Cratersmash
Houndoom: Gekokeso, faithviolet (SV), anaconja, Ema Skye, G-Luke
Audino: G-Luke, faithviolet (SV), anaconja, Yoshiblaze

:lucario-mega: Lucario: The Damned, Gekokeso(SV), Cratersmash, Breloom Buddy, G-luke, Ema Skye
:houndoom-mega: Houndoom: Ema Skye, Gekokeso (SV), The Damned, Yoshiblaze, G-luke, Anaconja, faithviolet
:audino-mega: Audino: G-Luke, Ema Skye, Double Iron Bash, faithviolet, Yoshiblaze

Last edited:
:Houndoom: Houndoom: Gekokeso, Mayleeeeee (SV), G-Luke, anaconja, Yoshiblaze
:Lucario: Lucario: Ema Skye, BreloomBuddy, Mayleeeeee (SV), Yoshiblaze
:Audino: Audino: The Damned, G-Luke, BreloomBuddy

Lucario: Gekokeso, Cratersmash, Yoshiblaze, G-Luke
Houndoom: Ema Skye, The Damned, G-Luke, Yoshiblaze
Audino: Low-Key, G-Luke, Yoshiblaze, The Damned, Ema Skye

Ema Skye

Work!
Lucario: G-Luke, Ema Skye (SV), faithviolet, BreloomBuddy
Houndoom: G-Luke, Ema Skye (SV), The Damned, Yoshiblaze
Audino: Yoshiblaze, faithviolet, The Damned, G-Luke

Yoshiblaze

ye
Lucario: Gekokeso, G-Luke, Double Iron Bash, Yoshiblaze (SV), Tanny89k
Houndoom: G-Luke, Gekokeso, The Damned, Ema Skye, faithviolet, BreloomBuddy
Audino: G-Luke, Yoshiblaze (SV), anaconja, MegaFlareon, Double Iron Bash

Yoshiblaze

ye
The 24 hours are up and the first slate of Megas Revisited is in the books! Let's see what we got:

Lucario:
Ema Skye - 3 + 1 + 3 + 2 = 9
faithviolet - 2 + 1 = 3
Gekokeso - 1 + 2 + 1 + 3 + 3 = 10
Cratersmash - 1 + 1 + 2 = 4
The Damned - 3 = 3
BreloomBuddy - 1 + 2 + 3 + 1 = 7
G-Luke - 1 + 1 + 3 + 2 = 7
Mayleee - 1 = 1
Yoshiblaze - 1 + 1 + 1 = 3
DIB - 2 + 1 = 3
Tanny89k - 1 = 1

Houndoom:
Gekokeso - 3 + 2 + 3 + 2 = 10
anaconja - 1 + 1 + 1 = 3
Ema Skye - 1 + 3 + 3 + 2 + 1 = 10
G-Luke - 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 3 + 3 = 12
The Damned - 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 5
Yoshiblaze - 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 4
faithviolet - 2 + 1 + 3 + 1 = 7
Mayleee - 2 = 2
MegaFlareon - 1 = 1
BreloomBuddy - 1 = 1
Original Version - 1 = 1

Audino:
G-Luke - 3 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 3 = 14
faithviolet - 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 6
anaconja - 1 + 1 + 1 = 3
Yoshiblaze - 1 + 1 + 3 + 1 + 3 + 2 = 11
Ema Skye - 2 + 1 = 3
DIB - 1 + 2 + 1 = 4
The Damned - 3 + 1 + 1 = 5
BreloomBuddy - 1 = 1
Low-Key - 3 = 3
MegaFlareon - 1 = 1

Congratulations to Gekokeso for winning Lucario and G-Luke for winning both Houndoom and Audino!
Mega Lucario
Typing
:

HP: 70
Atk: 110 ---> 125 (+15)
Def: 70---> 70
SpA: 115 ---> 140 (+25)
SpD: 70 ---> 105 (+35)
Spe: 90 ---> 115 (+25)
New Moves: Meteor Mash, Mach Punch,
Description: Lucario is fast and can set up with either swords dance or nasty plot to break apart teams. Limber is nice since it guarantees that clef will be unable to just twave it to cripple it, and there for make Lucario a decent switch in to it, especially with the added bulk.. Most important of it however is the speed increase which allows this mon to sweep with setup way more easily.
:Xy/houndoom-mega:
Type:

Ability: Merciless*
*Merciless - Triggers on all status ailments
Stats: 75 HP / 90 Atk / 90 Def / 140 SpA / 90 SpD / 115 Spe [BST: 600]
Summary of Stat Changes: same as in standard
New Moves: Toxic Spikes, Venoshock, Hex
Description: I always thought the only thing Houndoom needed was a real ability it could always use instead of just running crappy Solar Power. Now Houndoom's primary goal is to abuse the potent status inflictions that can be spread in Generation 6. Burn and Paralysis are both powerful statuses, and Merciless allows it to break past checks it normally could not. It can also run it's own Toxic Spikes or Will O Wisp instead of relying on support.
:XY/audino-mega:
Type:

Stats: 103 HP / 60 Atk / 130 Def / 100 SpA / 97 SpD / 55 Spe [BST: 545]
Summary of Stat Changes: +44 Def / +40 SpA / +12 SpD / +5 Spe
New Moves: Discharge, Volt Switch, Charge Beam, Charge, Zap Cannon
Description: I noted that Thunder Wave is REALLY annoying in Gen 6, and of note that the amount of really good electric megas we have are one (1). I also noted that hazards generally wear down alot of stuff, so I wanted something with some resistance to that. So I decided to turn MAudino into a PhysDef Electric wall. It's held in check by a notable weakness to Ground and Fighting, two strong physical attacking types and a mid SpD. Even so, blanking Flying types in a meta where they are strong will always be good, and Wish Passing will be very good.

There were a ton of great subs this during this first slate, so thank you to everyone who voted for the wonderful start!

Slate 2 will be up shortly!

Yoshiblaze

ye
Told ya I'd post Slate 2 shortly!

- Slate 2: one of these was a lot better in vanilla than the others -
:sm/glalie-mega::sm/banette-mega::sm/lopunny-mega:
Glalie, Banette, Lopunny

For this next slate, we will be looking at 3 fairly low-statted mons that received new leases on life with Mega Evolutions, though one clearly benefitted more than the others when Game Freak did it. Can we do better?
Glalie acts a pretty blank template, with an interesting movepool and equal stats allowing you to go in many different directions. Banette is a weird one, being a physical Ghost-type with most of the great physical Ghost moves locked away in future generations, so it'll be interesting to see how we can make it work. Lastly, Lopunny enjoys the spotlight of being one of the best Mega Evolutions ever in vanilla ORAS and beyond. How will you live up to that legacy while also doing something new?

Refer to the rules located on the OP for how you should sub:
A longer more detailed list of rules and guidelines can be found in the OP of the Megas For All here, but this mod won't share every rule they have (and some of their rules are specific to Gens 7-9). In general, the rules for submissions are as follows:

- You can only submit 1 Mega Evolution per Mega Pokémon slated. For example, if the slate includes Mega Beedrill, Lopunny, and Pidgeot, you can make 1 submission for each of them, but you can't make 2 Mega Beedrill submissions.
- Megas always share at least 1 typing with their base form. This type is always its primary typing, though you will be allowed to just retain its secondary typing if you have a good reason.
- You can only give Mega Evolutions 1 Ability. This can be a completely new ability or an ability from a later generation if you want, just don't do anything too crazy (as I'm going to be coding it) and don't add anything that sets or interacts with things not in Gen 6 (like Psychic Surge, for example). You are also allowed to edit the effects of Parental Bond, as it's the only ability exclusive to 1 Mega.
- Mega Evolutions have exactly 100 more BST than their base forms and their HP stats never change. Some trends exist with how Megas boost or lower stats, but the best advice I can give is to simply be reasonable and make sure you have a good reason to do anything crazy.
- You may add moves to the Pokémon you're submitting for. This allows you to give the Pokémon a movepool that allows it to fully use the stats, typing, and/or ability you design it around, like Lopunny getting High Jump Kick or Heracross gaining Bullet Seed and Rock Blast. To start I will allow you to add as many moves as you want, but you must add moves with reason. Don't add a bunch of flavor moves that the Pokemon will never realistically use, especially since flavor is less of a focus here as Megas will use the same designs as their original Mega forms. Also remember that the base form of the Pokémon can use the moves you give it. Moves can't be removed from the Pokemon with the exception of Seismic Toss on Kangaskhan, which can be removed if you want to keep Parental Bond on it.
- Submissions that are too powerful or don't follow the rules may be vetoed and disqualified from voting. I will give a warning 24 hours before the end of submissions to point out any submissions that are likely to get vetoed.
Basic Template:
Code:
:sm/pokemon:
[b]Name[/b]: Mega <Pokémon>
[b]Type[/b]:
[b]Ability[/b]:
[b]Stats[/b]: HP / Atk / Def / SpA / SpD / Spe [BST]
[b]New Moves[/b]:
[b]Description[/b]: (Describe how your submission fits into the metagame, what it does, what it checks/counters, what it gets checked/countered by, why you would use it, etc.)
Megas For All Template (Created by Hematite):
Code:
:pokemon: [b]Mega <Pokémon>
New Ability[/b]:
[b]Type[/b]:

[b][u]Stats[/u][/b]:
HP:
Attack:
Defense:
Special Attack:
Special Defense:
Speed:
(BST)

[b]New Moves[/b]:
[b]Description[/b]:
For types, you can insert type images like this
with this link (replace Type with the type you want) https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/types/Type.png

Example Submission
:sm/charizard-mega-x:
Name: Mega Charizard X
Type:

Ability: Tough Claws
Stats: 78 / 130 (+46) / 111 (+33) / 130 (+21) / 85 / 100 [634 BST]
Description: Mega Charizard X can act as a dangerous Dragon Dance sweeper with strong Tough Claws-boosted moves in Flare Blitz, Outrage, Dragon Claw, and Thunder Punch. A unique defensive typing and decent bulk makes setting up much easier, made even easier with Roost. Walled by very bulky Water-types, Heatran (if you don't run EQ), and checked by Landorus-T.

That said, I have to "ask" this: While future abilities are "obviously" fair game, I would ask for clarification for later entries about whether future moves and/or altering existing abilities that other non-Mega mons are using, like Joltemons's change to Magma Armor, are fair game too. I would assume "no" for both, but it seems best to clear about it.
Also, to clear this up, future abilities are far game (as they as custom abilities for the purposes of the generation and custom abilities are allowed), but custom moves aren't allowed. This is consistent with Megas For All's rules.
As for changing existing abilities that other Pokemon have, this also isn't allowed, as the only things we're adding are the removed Mega Evolutions, so nothing else gets directly changed.

Submissions will end in 7 Days.
In the meantime, I'll get Slate 1 coded and up on DragonHeaven promptly, hopefully tonight, so I would love to see some playtesting during the week! More info once the meta goes live.

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
:sm/glalie-mega:
Name: Mega Glalie
Type: Ice / Steel
Ability: Strong Jaw
Stats: 80 / 125 (+45) / 100 (+20) / 80 / 80 / 115 (+35) | 580
New Moves: Thunder Fang, Parting Shot
Description: strong offensive pivot. has a pretty good combo in double fang and decent coverage in eq to hit heatran. steel allows it to switch into more things and threaten stuff like clefable with stab iron head. also has spikes and parting shot to take advantage of forced switches.

:sm/banette-mega:
Name: Mega Banette
Type: Ghost / Fighting
Ability: Tough Claws
Stats: 64 / 140 (+25) / 85 (+20) / 128 (+45) / 83 (+20) / 55 (-10) | 555
New Moves: Circle Throw, Submission, Rock Smash, Brick Break, Arm Thrust, Aura Sphere, Aura Sphere, Focus Blast
Description: we love ghost fighting. but ghost fighting is kinda broke so heres the silly version where you have like 5 shitty physical fighting moves with the actual good special moves being special.

:sm/lopunny-mega:
Name: Mega Lopunny
Type: Normal / Fighting
Ability: Sheer Force
Stats: 65 / 126 (+50) / 74 (-10) / 114 (+60) / 76 (-20) / 125 (+20) | 580
New Moves: Close Combat
Description: its like sf mmy but its normal fighting. solve your problems by having coverage for everything. honestly original mega evo is very good as is i might just vote for that one

Last edited:
:glalie-mega:
:sv/glalie-mega:
Mega Glalie
New Ability
: Primordial Sea
Type:

Stats:
HP: 80
Attack: 80 -> 85 (+5)
Defense: 80 -> 115 (+35)
Special Attack: 80 -> 135 (+55)
Special Defense: 80 -> 105 (+25)
Speed: 80 -> 60 (-20)
BST: 480 -> 580

Movepool Additions: + Hydro Pump, Waterfall
Description: TBA

:banette-mega:
1673917099635.png

:sv/banette-mega:
Mega Banette
New Ability
: Alchemist (After attacking a statused target with a move, randomly picks an effect from the list shown below) (Credits to ausma for the original ability)
Replaces status with Sleep
Afflicts the target with Taunt or Heal Block
Afflicts the target with a curse (Does not take away Banette's HP), or the target uses Explosion if they have less than 25% HP
Transforms the opponent into either Seismitoad, Butterfree, or Ariados until they switch out (has Transform effects, so they maintain their HP)
Type:

Stats:
HP: 64
Attack: 115 -> 135 (+20)
Defense: 65 -> 75 (+10)
Special Attack: 83 -> 130 (+47)
Special Defense: 63 -> 73 (+10)
Speed: 65 -> 78 (+13)
(BST)

New Moves: nada
Description: This is meant to be more of a priority abuser that can afflict negative effects through WoW and can knock off items AND cause another status effect via Knock Off. This is mainly meant to handle Pokemon switching into Banette though, as Banette is frail on its own, even though it has high attacking stats. It can even abuse Hex to deal a lot of damage against bulky Pokemon and hit them with a bunch of negative effects. There are a lot more tools in Banette's kit I can put here but that would make this pretty lengthy. This could be a really funny status abuser though.
(also, since someone asked, alchemist's effect would activate before the opposing pokemon switches out when you use pursuit)

:lopunny-mega:
:sv/lopunny-mega:
Mega Lopunny
New Ability
: Download
Type:

Stats:
HP: 65
Attack: 76 -> 112 (+36)
Defense: 84
Special Attack: 54 -> 112 (+58)
Special Defense: 96 -> 84 (-12)
Speed: 105 -> 123 (+18)
BST: 480 -> 580

Movepool Additions: Energy Ball, Seed Bomb
Description: An attempt to make a mixed Download Pokemon, since only the Porygon line gets that and I wanted to do something else with it. This is an offensive mega that can surprise opponents with Download and its mixed attacking stats along with its coverage options, since sometimes your opponent might not know what attacking stat you choose. It is frail though so it gets outsped and killed by something like Mach Punch, and its typing isn't doing it any favors either.

Last edited:
Type:
/

Ability: Glitch (When this switches in, the type chart is inverted for 3 turns.)
Stats: 80 / 125 / 105 / 80 / 105 / 85
Description: Glalie is weak in stats and typing, and its movepool is mediocre besides access to Explosion, Spikes, and Earthquake. This makes it a good target for a mind-bending ability. So I've given it unresisted Explosion, STAB Earthquake, and a good defensive type. Its stats are still worse than those of the alternative Megas one could choose, and the duration of the effect is limited. I find it interesting that its coverage is good both when the type chart is inverted and when it's not.

Ability: Refrigerate
Stats: 80 / 95 (+15) / 115 (+35) / 95 (+15) / 115 (+35) / 80
New Moves: Flash Cannon, Rapid Spin, Recover
Description: Vanilla Mega Glalie makes for an interesting suicide lead, but is extremely limited outside of its role due to its otherwise limited movepool, limited defensive utility, and lack of longevity. Its new Stealth Rock neutrality and access to Recover let it come in repeatedly to clear hazards with Refrigerate Rapid Spin and generally make itself useful beyond setting Spikes and clicking Explosion.
Questions for The Community: Does Mega Glalie's combination of offensive utility in Explosion and Super Fang, unblockable Rapid Spin, and instant recovery risk powercreeping other spinners? If so, how should it be toned down? The options I see include making it mono-Ice, taking away Rapid Spin, and taking away Recover.
Glalie @ Glalilite
Ability: Ice Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Explosion
- Rapid Spin
- Taunt

Glalie @ Glalitite
Ability: Ice Body
Bold Nature
- Super Fang
- Freeze Dry
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

:sv/lopunny-mega:
Type: Normal / Fighting
Ability: No Guard
Stats: 65 / 106 (+30) / 94 (+10) / 54 / 126 (+30) / 135 (+30)
New Moves: Dynamic Punch, Mega Kick, Power Whip, Stone Edge, Taunt
Description: Fighting-type with heavier emphasis on support and disruption with its access to Limber pre-Mega, No Guard Dynamic Punch, Thunder Wave, Encore, Taunt, Healing Wish, etc. Mostly just throwing an idea at the wall, vanilla Mega Lopunny is already really well executed.
Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick / Dynamic Punch
- Mega Kick / Power Whip / Stone Edge
- Thunder Wave / Encore / Taunt
- Thunder Wave / Substitute

Last edited:
:sv/banette-mega:
Type: Ghost
Ability: Spectrilate (All of the user’s Normal-type moves become Ghost-type and have their power multiplied by 1.2) (Does Spectralize sound better?)
Stats: HP-64/Atk-140/Def-110/SpA-30/SpD-125/Spe-86 BST: 555
New Moves: Agility, Quick Attack, Double Hit
Description: Banette it a physical Ghost-type in a metagame devoid of good physical Ghost moves. Instead of giving it a different STAB or changing it to a Special attacker, I expanded its STAB options through Spectrilate. Now it has high powered STAB Return, and Quick attack as an alternative to Shadow Sneak. The secondary Dark typing gives it a neutrality to Dark, as well as STAB options like Sucker Punch. However, it’s coverage it redundant, so it can be relatively easy to wall with the right counter. A lack of Fighting coverage leaves it relatively helpless against bulky Normal-types like Chansey and our new Mega-Audino.
I am considering removing Agility. It could already be a threatening late game cleaner with its powerful priority moves backed by 140 base attack, so I feel like making all of its moves hit first is a little scary. I also think that the lack of weaknesses it’s Dark-typing provides might make it kind of overpowered, since there are fewer ways to revenge kill it. If I keep Agility, I’ll probably want to make it pure Ghost. Without Agility, it might want to retain its typing, since faster things can hit it with stronger, potentially super-effective attacks than the priority moves that would by needed to hit it at +2 speed.

edit: changed to pure Ghost.

Type: Ice/Dark
Stats: HP-80/Atk-80/Def-83/SpA-145/SpD-83/Spe-109 BST: 580
Movepool Changes: + Dark Pulse, Earth Power
Description: Glalie uses its STAB combo of Ice/Dark in combination with coverage from Earth Power to kill everything that stands before it. The Dark typing also gives it a Dark resistance so it can easily switch into Knock off. Magic Guard makes it so that it doesn’t fear hazards or status. 109 speed makes him pretty fast, but without any speed-boosting moves or access to Choice Scarf, it can’t outpace 110s or anything faster. Ice/Dark keeps Magic Guard in balance: while it doesn’t fear any form of residual damage, it fears nearly all forms of direct damage. Most likely, this will serves as a powerful special wallbreaker that relies on its high special attack for damage rather than set up, or a pivot that can exert immense offensive pressure with Ice/Dark/Ground coverage and punish any switch in with an attack or pivot out with Parting Shot.

Last edited:
:sm/Glalie-Mega:
Type:
1673969413745.png
1673969465296.png

Ability: Galvanize
Stats: 80 HP / 130 Atk / 90 Def / 90 SpA / 90 SpD / 100 Spe [580 BST] (+50 Atk, +10 Def, +10 SpA, +10 SpD, +20 Spe)
New Moves: Icicle Crash, Icicle Spear
Description: Mega BoltBeam. The coverage of STABs alone makes it less reliant on Freeze-Dry (except for bulky Water/Grounds) so it can opt to go full physical with its moveset. Glalie got Icicle Crash and Spear in Gen 8 so the added moves doesn't feel too "forced" just to give it physical STABs.

:sm/Banette-Mega:
Type:
1673969635111.png
1673969655324.png

Ability: Fluffy
Stats: 64 HP / 165 Atk / 95 Def / 93 SpA / 63 SpD / 75 Spe [555 BST] (+50 Atk, +30 Def, + 10 SpA, +10 Spe)
Description: Mega Banette is a possessed stuffed doll so Fluffy makes sense for it flavor-wise. Ghost/Normal typing gives it much improved defensive capabilities while Fluffy further improves it physically. Double-Edge gives it a strong physical STAB and is also its hardest-hitting neutral STAB move. Its incredibly low special bulk (64 HP / 63 SpD), new weakness to Fire, and lack of setup moves prevent it from being overpowered.

Last edited:

Yoshiblaze

ye
Dropping real quick to announce that Megas Revisited is now playable on DragonHeaven!

The first playtesting roomtour won't be until after slate 3, but I encourage you to start building and playing the metagame early to give us data on how the metagame is, but also to have fun and get used to Gen 6 mechanics.

That's all for now, keep the slate 2 submissions coming!

:Glalie: Mega Glalie
New Ability
: Scary Visage
Scary Visage: All damage taken on switch-in are divided by 2, including hazards. Do not trigger on attacks if send after a K.O.
Type: Ice / Ghost

Stats:
HP:80
Attack:100
Defense:130
Special Attack: 70
Special Defense:140
Speed: 60
(BST)

New Moves: Recover, U-Turn, Thunder Wave, Spite, Spikes
Description: An attempt to make a defensive Ice-type, based on Oni masks. Not weak to Rocks, can pivot effectively and set hazards.

:Lopunny: Mega Lopunny
New Ability
: Regenerator
Type: Normal Dark

Stats:
HP:65
Attack:106
Defense:94
Special Attack:84
Special Defense:96
Speed:135
(BST)

New Moves:Parting Shot, Knock Off
Description: I wanted to be (lo)punny so it's a mega that makes puns... Built to be an utility pivot. Can Knock.

:Banette: Mega Banette
New Ability
: Fur Coat

Stats:
HP:64
Attack:95
Defense:91
Special Attack:94
Special Defense:133
Speed:75
(BST)

New Moves: Parting Shot
Description: wdym I make too many pivots? another pivot, this time with no recovery, but way bulkier. Can T-Wave, W-o-W, can Cotton Guard, maybe is Rest an option? Think it has a niche on offensive teams to regain momentum.
252+ Atk Choice Band Tyranitar Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Banette: 122-146 (36.7 - 43.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after sandstorm damage

Last edited:

ItzaDelta

formerly I-Deepblue-I
:sm/glalie_mega:
Type: Ice/Fighting
Ability: Pulverize
Ability Description: This Pokemon's Normal type moves become Fighting type and gain a 1.3x power boost.
Stats:
HP: 80
ATK: 130 (+50)
DEF: 80 (+0)
SPA: 120 (+40)
SPD: 80 (+0)
SPE: 90 (+10)
New Moves: U-Turn.
Description: Mixed attacker with fantastic STAB combination. The Fighting type grants it more switch-in opportunities since it's now neutral to Stealth Rock; however, it is also slower now and still has its middling bulk, but it can function pretty well as a wallbreaker with the combination of Fighting STAB and Freeze Dry.

Ability: Refrigerate
Stats: 80 / 90 (+10) / 115 (+35) / 100 (+20) / 115 (+35) / 80
New Moves: Flash Cannon, Rapid Spin, Recover
Questions for The Community: Does Mega Glalie's combination of offensive utility in Explosion and Super Fang, Rapid Spin, and instant recovery risk powercreeping other spinners? If so, how should it be toned down? The options I see include making it mono-Ice, taking away Rapid Spin, and taking away Recover.
Because this takes up the Mega-Slot, I don't think this would be too much utility. Its attack is still pretty weak and the fact that it neither resists Stealth Rock nor is immune to Spikes gives it issues compared to other hazard removal options. Still, unblockable rapid spin and a very strong Explosion are quite a tool set.

Anyway, here's my Banette submission - I'm thinking I won't submit anything for Lopunny since I like the original.

vetoed
Type:

Ability: Vengeful (When this Pokemon faints, the PP of the move that fainted it drops to 0.)
Stats: 64 / 165 / 95 / 93 / 93 / 45
New Moves: Focus Punch, Low Sweep, Encore
Description: Good at setting up other Pokemon to sweep, also can sweep under Trick Room itself. Its ability takes advantage of Pokemon that attack it, while Focus Punch takes advantage of any Dark or Normal types that may try to switch in.

Last edited:
:ss/Banette-mega:
Ability: Devious Desire (Banette’s attack have a 10% to make the opposing Pokémon have burn, paralysis, or drowsy.
Stats: 64/165/65/55/93/95
Description: Stallbreaker
New Moves: Shadow Strike (same as Kitsunoh but 85 BP, but can’t lower defense)
:ss/glalie-mega:
Type: Ice/Dark
Ability: Slush Rush
Stats: 80/120/120/80/80/100
Description: Snow-breaker
New Moves: Icicle Crash (didn’t realize it never got this in Gen6)

Yoshiblaze fixed

Last edited:
Type:

Ability: Technician
Stats: 80 / 110 (+30) / 80 / 125 (+45) / 70 (-10) / 115 (+35) [580 BST]
New Moves: Rock Blast, Rock Tomb, Ancient Power, Icicle Spear, Fake Out, Pursuit, Shock Wave
Description: Fast attacker with great STABs that can hit hard from either side of the spectrum. Physical has a higher damage ceiling thanks to the potential of 5 hit Tech Icicle Spear/Rock Blast, where as special has higher consistent damage with Frost Breath and wider coverage thanks to Hidden Power and Shock Wave.
Icicle Spear will out damage Frost Breath (assuming similar investment) with 4 Hits, and Rock Blast will out damage Ancient Power with 3 hits.
Ice Shard, Bite, Bulldoze, Rock Tomb, Rock Blast, Icicle Spear, Fake Out, Pursuit
Icy Wind, Frost Breath, Hidden Power, Water Pulse, Ancient Power, Shock Wave

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)