SS OU Gen 8 OU Hyper Offensive Rain Team Starring Kingdra

I wanted to create an offensive rain team with less favourable mons like pelipper because I am so used to fighting the same teams e.g. with cinderace and zeraora. Rain teams are really good in this Gen and can take advantage of these very popular mons, however still have found trouble against certain ones and yet only got up to 1450 ELO with this team.

The team: https://pokepast.es/6e443f7fbe6def9d

Pelipper.gifPelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- U-turn
- Roost
- Hurricane

Pelipper is meant to be a physical tank. He can also really good damage with scald in the rain, pressuring other mons to half health. This with u- turn allows for him to switch to my scarfed Excadrill to get the kill easily. With this physical bulk, Pelipper is able to withstand a bulk up Wicked Blow from Urshifu , which is a very popular mon right now in ou . Hurricane is another alternative for opposing Amoongus's / Hydreigon's/ Tangrowth's coming in on the turn . Overall, I do not see a problem with the mon stats wise however any change of the movesets for this mon with help a lot :)

Kingdra.gifKingdra @ Choice Specs
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flip Turn
- Hydro Pump
- Hurricane

Kingdra is insanely good in this team. It OHKOs Magearna's in the rain and does half to most Rilaboom's/ ferrothorn/ Dragapult/ Clefable. Literally almost any mon. Because of his speed doubled in the rain, I don't have much problem sweeping with this mon. Flip turn is there for opposing Blissey's or chansey's, Since it does not do enough and i can switch in to my Excadrill for toxic. Kingdra is a necessity to this team and without it, I would have not got to this elo .

Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Choice Band
Ability: Unseen Fist
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Drain Punch
- U-turn
- Zen Headbutt

1596562609613.png

I wanted to use less favourable mons in this team and Rapid-Strike Urshifu is an example, becuase it is overshadowed by the Single-Strike one. The choice band allows for most kills in the rain including magearna and Clefairy and allows for a 2HKO on Defog runnning Corviknight. Drain punch is an alternative for close combat, even though i keep on switching between the two. It makes up for his speed tho. Zen headbutt is there for toxapex as Excadrill is my only other option for dealing such a bulky pokemon and u- turn is for Slowbro's coming in .

giphy.gifExcadrill (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 32 Atk / 224 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Toxic

Excadrill is who i mainly start off with . The other person would prob think that i lead with Pelipper, so they would more-less lead off with jolteon or Zeraora, however having choice scarf allows me to outspeed them and dragapult to get an easy kill . Stealth rock is good for pressurising teams and Toxic is there for stalling clefables or slowbro's with regenerator. Having his ev spread like this allows me barely to survive a flamethrower or mystical fire from Volcarona, which is crucial for firing back 2 Earthquakes which allows me to 2KHO this threatening pokemon.

DeterminedSlightIndusriverdolphin-size_restricted.gifMagnezone @ Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Def / 136 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Thunder
- Iron Defense
- Body Press

Magnezone is my 2nd Physical tank, however i do not feel too happy with this mon in my team . His ev spread allows him to live a pyro ball from a pivoting Cinderace, and lives a banded pyro ball in the rain. Thunder allows for great damage from incoming mons and allows me not to worry about the accuracy of this move . The sub Iron Defense , Body Press move is there for Ferrothorn as i cannot do much damage against it in the rain, and with Magnezone's natural bulk, it can 2HKO Chansey with a +2 Body press and with this chansey and blissey can't do much to this beast in the rain, since fire blast is not an option anymore for the opposing team.

Mandibuzz-Shiny_XY.gifMandibuzz @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Overcoat
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 232 HP / 176 Def / 4 SpD / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Brave Bird
- Defog
- Roost

Finally is Mandibuzz, which is mainly there to bring the team altogether. Having mandibuzz allows me to not worry about the spore's from Shinotic and Amoongus, which makes it much easier to sweep the team with urshifu or kingdra. Foul play is really good for Sword Dancing Rillaboom's/ Dragon Dancing Dragapult's/ Bulk Up Cinderaces. Brave bird is there to pressure other Amoongus's and Defog is there to get rid of Rocks, which means i can keep on switching to Pelipper safely to get the rain back up . It can Survive 2 Pyro Balls safely and a life orb Draco from Hydreigon and Dragapult.]

Threats:
- Slowbro: I do not have a safe way of dealing with this tank . Now it is becoming increasingly popular to run it as a Phys Def set and None of my pokemon can touch it really because of regenerator.

- Chansey/ Blissey: Even in the rain Kingdra only has a chance of 3HKO it, which is really annoying if Urshifu has went down . Toxic from Excadrill won't do much and becuase my Drill isn't a physical attacker, I have a lot of trouble against it.

- Zeraora: If my Excadrill is dead, Zeraora can absolutely destroy my team. This is really scary because of how often i see it .

- Scarfed Hydreigon : It outspeeds my entire team and can drop dracos like its nothing.

That is the main threats, If anyone can help me with this team that would mean so much :). Please tell me anyway i can make this team better moveset wise/ Better mons/ Ev spreads. Thanks!!!

So this is my take on the team.

https://pokepast.es/91c9a580caa8a5ec

I've kept pelliper and kingdra the same,but i tweaked the whole team after that. Urushifu isnt rapid strikes,so its not eater type and doesnt use rapid surge,but wicked blow and sucker punch instead with weaker speed,since im mostly planning to use this on low damaging stall pokemon or people trying to setup for their next mon. Next we have excadrill,who i decided to keep the same moveset,with the exception of changing it to a physical attacker since it's main role is to revenge kill,and it tanks pokemon like dragapult's outrage quite nicely so a perfect switch in. The two new aditions are rillaboom and rotom-heat. Honestly grassy slide choice band is enough to annihilate on its own,but in any case lets add some other moves to give it more pizazz. Now rotom is basically the main setup for the team. Anything that doesnt resist overheat gets preety much annihilated,but will get outsped by some of the faster mons, so of course we take those out with rilaboom and excadrill beforehand. The main star kingdra is the same,but once all threats are out kingdra annihilates and gets forfeits

So this is my take on the team.

https://pokepast.es/91c9a580caa8a5ec

I've kept pelliper and kingdra the same,but i tweaked the whole team after that. Urushifu isnt rapid strikes,so its not eater type and doesnt use rapid surge,but wicked blow and sucker punch instead with weaker speed,since im mostly planning to use this on low damaging stall pokemon or people trying to setup for their next mon. Next we have excadrill,who i decided to keep the same moveset,with the exception of changing it to a physical attacker since it's main role is to revenge kill,and it tanks pokemon like dragapult's outrage quite nicely so a perfect switch in. The two new aditions are rillaboom and rotom-heat. Honestly grassy slide choice band is enough to annihilate on its own,but in any case lets add some other moves to give it more pizazz. Now rotom is basically the main setup for the team. Anything that doesnt resist overheat gets preety much annihilated,but will get outsped by some of the faster mons, so of course we take those out with rilaboom and excadrill beforehand. The main star kingdra is the same,but once all threats are out kingdra annihilates and gets forfeits
Hi, I can´t help much about the building but use Hight Horsepower/Wood Hammer in Rilla instead of EQ. With the terrain EQ losses power (it has 50) so it isn´t a good idea. Another recommendation is use Excadrill with Stealth Rock and Focus Sash as a suicide lead. Being an Hyper Offense team you´ll really appreciate hazzards. I paste the set below:

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)