Pet Mod [Gen 8] To The Gigantamax! (Moved to V2, check post #39)

Status
Not open for further replies.
First Choice: Haxorus (Me, BobMarlsparce96)
Reason: I made it, and hoped Haxorus would ever get any recognition at all since Gen 5. Haxorus can take out speedy threats like Fairies with it while gaining boosts to moves that your ally can use.
Second Choice: Snom (PsuedoRidge)
Reason: Snom
Third Choice: Shuckle (Bribery)
Reason: Basically if Shuckle could learn Body Press. (I still hope he will... in the future.) The name does sound kinda weird though.
Honorable Mention: Beheeyem (Bribery)
Reason: Really creative, and very OP under the right circumstances. Also Beheeyem's anime voice lol

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Sorry this is late, week got a bit hectic. Anyways, here are the winners!
Accelgor (Cookie Butter)

Pokemon: Accelgor
G-Max Move: G-Max Ninja Net (Bug-type, sets Sticky Web on opponent's side, prevents them from switching out)
Role: With Spikes and Toxic Spikes, Accelgor becomes an even better hazard setter when it Gigantamaxes, letting it set Sticky Web. With its trapping effect and Max Ooze coverage, it can set up on any passive trapped opponents, and due to naturally high speed, can attempt a sweep.
Frosmoth (ChrystalFalchion)

Pokemon: Frosmoth
G-Max Move: G-Max Ice Webs (Bug type move that sets Sticky Web on the opponent's side)
Role: Helps Frosmoth in its Quiver Dance role, by helping patch up its lacklustre Speed. Also provides role compression, giving your team another hazard setting option and specail sweeper in one go.
Polteageist (Yoshiblaze)
:polteageist:
Pokemon: Polteageist
G-Max Move: G-Max Boiling - Ghost-type move that burns the opponent
Role: A much more helpful Max Move than Max Phantasm, allowing Polteageist to sweep more effectively after Shell Smash but breaking Focus Sashes with a burn and maybe letting it survive a physical hit which helps activate Weak Armor
Snom actually tied with Polteageist, but I'd rather focus on usable Pokemon rather than memes this early.

Slate Two: OU's Vengeance
For this slate, you will be giving Pokemon that were common Dynamax users in OU before its ban Gigantamax formes. Some examples of such Pokemon are Gyarados, Togekiss, and Excadrill, but there were so many more. Additionally, since Frosmoth's G-Max Move is basically a worse version of Accelgor's, I will allow for it to gain one more secondary effect so it's not completely outclassed by Accelgor.

This slate will end on Friday, December 27th. Get to submitting!​

:hawlucha:
Pokemon: Hawlucha
G-Max Move: G-Max Hurricanrana - Fighting-type move that reverses the target's stat boosts after dealing damage
Role: A really weird move that lets Hawlucha stop sweepers in their tracks, especially since Unburden with 118 Speed could allow Hawlucha to get the jump on them
:clefable:
Pokemon: Clefable
G-Max Move: G-Max Wishing Star - Fairy-type move that is weaker than most Max Moves but sets a Fairy-type Future Sight
Role: LO Clefable gets to bombard walls with a still pretty powerful Fairy STAB followed by another strong Fairy attack to combo into it.
:ferrothorn:
Pokemon: Ferrothorn
G-Max Move: G-Max Caltrop - Steel-type move that sets one layer of Spikes
Role: As a defensive G-Maxer, Ferrothorn can tank the hits of raging G-Max sweepers while being able to role compress by fitting Stealth Rock, Leech Seed, Spikes, Protect, and an offensive move all on one set

Last edited:
I always thought that Gigantamax should have stayed in OU why Dynamax begone too.

But never the less, here are my slates

Pokemon: Gyarados
G-Max Move: G-Max Dragon Gate - Flying type move that removes the target’s ability (like Gastro Acid)
Role: Gyarados was one of the strongest Dynamax users in the game, thanks to the combination of Moxie, Dragon Dance, Max Geyser, Max Airstream, and the new coverage move it got in Power Whip (because we really needed Gyarados to destroy Rotom-Wash too), forcing so many teams to run Ditto if they didn’t want to be swept.
With this metagame with just Gigantamax, G-Max Dragon Gate would be a more “manageable” Gyarados than Dynamax, but still serves its own purpose. Instead of raising Speed, Gyarados removes its Target’s ability in the same way Gastro Acid nullifies the opponent’s ability.
The idea is similar to Mold Break, which was the ability of Mega Gyarados (r.i.p), which allowed Gyarados to bypass defensive abilities. However, G-Max Dragon Gate also nullifies offensive abilities too, which could give Gyarados some defensive options too.

Pokemon: Hydregion
G-Max Move: G-Max Chaotic Brutal Assault - Dark type move that will remove the target’s item (like Knock Off)
Role: Hydregion disappointingly never got a Gigantamax form, along with Tyranitar (although at least T-tar get a Mega).
Despite this, Hydregion was a great user of Dynamax, especially with Nasty Plot, making it an incredible Wallbreaker, but was too slow to sweep with it.
G-Max Chaotic Brutal Assault can help it in speed tiers by removing the target’s choice scarf. It also helps by threatening walls out that would rather have their item.

Pokemon: Excadrill
G-max move: G-max Drill - Ground type, Hits twice with 60% power, sets 1 layer of spikes
Reasoning: 2 hits of a G-max move? seems awesome and useful spikes. I've seen dynamax excadrill sweep teams before. Seems like an ultimate counter of Rock/Steel types

Pokemon: Tyranitar
G-max move: G-max Rock Burst - Sets stealth rock and have a 25% chance to flinch, can flinch G-max pokemons;
Reasoning: SR and Flinch seems like the perfect matchup for tyranitar's destructive behavior.

Last edited:
Sorry this is late, week got a bit hectic. Anyways, here are the winners!
Accelgor (Cookie Butter)
Frosmoth (ChrystalFalchion) Polteageist (Yoshiblaze)Snom actually tied with Polteageist, but I'd rather focus on usable Pokemon rather than memes this early.

Slate Two: OU's Vengeance
For this slate, you will be giving Pokemon that were common Dynamax users in OU before its ban Gigantamax formes. Some examples of such Pokemon are Gyarados, Togekiss, and Excadrill, but there were so many more. Additionally, since Frosmoth's G-Max Move is basically a worse version of Accelgor's, I will allow for it to gain one more secondary effect so it's not completely outclassed by Accelgor.

This slate will end on Friday, December 27th. Get to submitting!​
When is the voting gonna start??!! its been over 2 months okay?

Hello! After asking for permission from both Estronic and G-Luke, I've now inherited To The Gigantamax and restarted the Pet Mod with To The Gigantamax V2 in a new thread

Since there's a good amount that I changed between V1 and V2, I felt that a new thread was necessary for it, so you can go check it out by clicking here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)