Other Metagames (Gen8 Anything Goes)Mixed Offense/ Support (Probably not the best name)

Raigeki (Regieleki) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Transistor
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rising Voltage
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin
Regieleki is primarily used for the Rising Voltage combo with Tapu Koko. It’s on of the fastest Pokémon so it can usually move first and do some serious damage while Electric Terrain is up. It has a focus sash so that if it does happen to be hit, it can still survive and hit back.
High Chicken (Tapu Koko) @ Terrain Extender
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- Electric Terrain
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Dazzling Gleam
Tapu Koko is the usually the first one I send out so it can set up electric terrain, I then volt switch or thunder wave depending on the situation. It’s not really meant to fight but it can work in a pinch. I gave it a terrain extender because I wasn’t really sure what else to use.
Aoshima (Calyrex-Shadow) @ Life Orb
Ability: As One (Spectrier)
Timid Nature
- Astral Barrage
- Giga Drain
- Haze
- Expanding Force
Calyrex is just a stand alone mon that I use when the rest of my strats fail. I gave it haze just in case I go up against someone who is trying to buff their Pokémon. It has expanding force for coverage and giga drain for self healing.
Beeg Boi (Groudon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Smack Down
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
Groudon is usually the recipient of the speed and or attack boosts from Ninjask. Not much can deal with a 4x speed and 3x attack groudon, except flying types. Which is why I have smack down, just for coverage. And if push comes to shove he can always buff himself with bulk up. He’s mainly a tank which is helpful.
Blue Bunny (Azumarill) @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Aqua Tail
- Liquidation
Azumarill’s thing is having huge power and belly drum and then sweeping entire teams with aqua jet. Probably the most inconsistent team member when it comes to success, but when it works it works. The Iapapa berry is just to heal if it’s on too low health after belly drum.
Tom Ester (Ninjask) @ Leftovers
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass
- Protect
Ninjasks job is to get as fast as possible, maybe get in a few swords dances if lucky, then baton pass to groudon. The combination of substitute and protect, as well as the healing from the leftovers means it can easily get to 4x speed without much trouble.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fc

Fc

Waiting for something to happen?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a defending SCL Champion
Ubers Leader
Hi, looking at this team as is it isn't viable in current AG. Looking at the viability rankings shows that only 3 of the mons are viable, being Regieleki Calyrex-S and Groudon, but also looking at the set compendium none of the ones here are viable. I think the sample teams would be a good place to start learning about building in the meta with good cores, but I think with this team if you wanted to keep a big core of it, working with :regieleki: :calyrex-shadow: :groudon: is possible with a lot of changes.

Major Changes:
:tapu-koko: :azumarill: :ninjask: --> :shuckle: :yveltal: :necrozma-dusk-mane:

As mentioned above, keeping the 3 viable mons and removing the unviable ones is the only way to greatly improve this team. Tapu Koko with Rising Voltage eleki is a cool concept but is completely destroyed by Ground-types, with any ground mon essentially making a third of your team completely useless. Ninjask is niche but usually outclassed by Scolipede as a Baton Pass user and that already only fits on full pass teams, and Azumarill just doesn't do damage or have set up chances in such a high power meta.

With these 3 being the unviable half, I figured turning it into a hyper offense team was the best way to go about it. Calyrex-S and Groudon already provide some nice sweeping potential, so just adding to that helps. Shuckle is a great partner for Regieleki, being able to help against opposing HO teams when Shuckle gets your own hazards up. Yveltal is needed as an offensive check to opposing Calyrex-S which otherwise just win, and similarly Necrozma-DM is needed for Xerneas and Zacian-C. The Shuckle spread lives 2 Xerneas Moonblasts, both Yveltal sets are options to consider but the physical one always lives 2 specs Calyrex-S Astral Barrages, and the ndm is standard DD WP.
:shuckle:
Shuckle @ Red Card
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpD
Careful Nature
- Encore
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web
- Final Gambit

:yveltal:
Yveltal @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 188 Atk / 68 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- Sucker Punch
- Roost

OR

Yveltal @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Heat Wave
- Oblivion Wing
- Sucker Punch
- Dark Pulse

:necrozma-dusk-mane:
Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Sunsteel Strike
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Minor Changes:
:regieleki: :groudon: :calyrex-shadow: Sets

Again as mentioned when referring to the resources from the AG subforum, the sets on the main attackers are also fairly suboptimal given how good their options are. Calyrex-S has the standard NP set, and I'd say Baton Pass can be used with Special Yveltal if that's the route you choose, but otherwise Draining Kiss / Psyshock is better. Groudon has the standard Dynamax Sweeper set, with Aerial Ace to get Max Airstream boosts. Finally, Regieleki is the offensive Rapid Spin set instead of the special Rapid Spin set, just more optimal for damage and momentum.

Raigeki (Regieleki) @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Wild Charge
- Explosion
- Assurance
- Rapid Spin

Timid Nature
- Astral Barrage
- Nasty Plot
- Psyshock / Baton Pass
- Draining Kiss / Baton Pass

Beeg Boi (Groudon) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace

Updated RMT (pokepast.es)
Here's the updated team, I hope it works well for you! Unfortunately to make this viable a lot had to be changed given a lot of mon choices being ineffective in the meta, but I definitely think this team will be a lot more consistent if you choose to use it. The starting core I think you coulda easily built around being Regieleki + Calyrex-S + Groudon was there, I think the excecution was off though and this fixes a lot of the problems it had. lmk if you have any questions about sets / team comp, but the resources I linked early on will be your best friend when building imo.

Hi, looking at this team as is it isn't viable in current AG. Looking at the viability rankings shows that only 3 of the mons are viable, being Regieleki Calyrex-S and Groudon, but also looking at the set compendium none of the ones here are viable. I think the sample teams would be a good place to start learning about building in the meta with good cores, but I think with this team if you wanted to keep a big core of it, working with :regieleki: :calyrex-shadow: :groudon: is possible with a lot of changes.

Major Changes:
:tapu-koko: :azumarill: :ninjask: --> :shuckle: :yveltal: :necrozma-dusk-mane:

As mentioned above, keeping the 3 viable mons and removing the unviable ones is the only way to greatly improve this team. Tapu Koko with Rising Voltage eleki is a cool concept but is completely destroyed by Ground-types, with any ground mon essentially making a third of your team completely useless. Ninjask is niche but usually outclassed by Scolipede as a Baton Pass user and that already only fits on full pass teams, and Azumarill just doesn't do damage or have set up chances in such a high power meta.

With these 3 being the unviable half, I figured turning it into a hyper offense team was the best way to go about it. Calyrex-S and Groudon already provide some nice sweeping potential, so just adding to that helps. Shuckle is a great partner for Regieleki, being able to help against opposing HO teams when Shuckle gets your own hazards up. Yveltal is needed as an offensive check to opposing Calyrex-S which otherwise just win, and similarly Necrozma-DM is needed for Xerneas and Zacian-C. The Shuckle spread lives 2 Xerneas Moonblasts, both Yveltal sets are options to consider but the physical one always lives 2 specs Calyrex-S Astral Barrages, and the ndm is standard DD WP.
:shuckle:
Shuckle @ Red Card
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpD
Careful Nature
- Encore
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web
- Final Gambit

:yveltal:
Yveltal @ Life Orb
EVs: 188 Atk / 68 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- Sucker Punch
- Roost

OR

Yveltal @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Heat Wave
- Oblivion Wing
- Sucker Punch
- Dark Pulse

:necrozma-dusk-mane:
Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Prism Armor
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Sunsteel Strike
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Minor Changes:
:regieleki: :groudon: :calyrex-shadow: Sets

Again as mentioned when referring to the resources from the AG subforum, the sets on the main attackers are also fairly suboptimal given how good their options are. Calyrex-S has the standard NP set, and I'd say Baton Pass can be used with Special Yveltal if that's the route you choose, but otherwise Draining Kiss / Psyshock is better. Groudon has the standard Dynamax Sweeper set, with Aerial Ace to get Max Airstream boosts. Finally, Regieleki is the offensive Rapid Spin set instead of the special Rapid Spin set, just more optimal for damage and momentum.

Raigeki (Regieleki) @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Wild Charge
- Explosion
- Assurance
- Rapid Spin

Timid Nature
- Astral Barrage
- Nasty Plot
- Psyshock / Baton Pass
- Draining Kiss / Baton Pass

Beeg Boi (Groudon) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace

Updated RMT (pokepast.es)
Here's the updated team, I hope it works well for you! Unfortunately to make this viable a lot had to be changed given a lot of mon choices being ineffective in the meta, but I definitely think this team will be a lot more consistent if you choose to use it. The starting core I think you coulda easily built around being Regieleki + Calyrex-S + Groudon was there, I think the excecution was off though and this fixes a lot of the problems it had. lmk if you have any questions about sets / team comp, but the resources I linked early on will be your best friend when building imo.
Thanks a lot! I was just trying it out and it works a lot better then my old team. I wasn’t doing very well and was even considering quitting for a bit. But this really helped me a lot!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)