SS Ubers Ghost Spam Offense-Looking for Advice

What is your stance on Calyrex-Shadow?

• I hate it. >:(

• I hate facing it, but I love using it.

• I love it :3

• SubSeed Calyrex-Shadow *smh*

• Yveltal Go BRRRRRRRR

• HOW IS IT NOT BANNED?!?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Ghost Spam Offense
:ss/marshadow::ss/calyrex-shadow::ss/yveltal::ss/zygarde::ss/necrozma-dusk-mane::ss/xerneas:
After ignoring it for a good while and playing lower tiers, I decided to get back into Ubers, so I went to Ubers Good Cores Thread, but it's outdated-either way I went through and found a post that caught my eye. The post was a Lunala-Caly-S. Ghost Spam Core. I tried it out, but it was eh, so I moved on and chose to use the far superior Marshadow over Lunala which helps with the large Dark-type weakness that would be created. And from there, the team formed.
Please Note: Whenever I use Calyrex, unless specified, always assume I'm talking about Calyrex-Shadow.

TEAMBUILDING PROCESS

Calyrex-Shadow is here for stupid damage output, as usual, and it also wears down Yveltal which Marshadow can finish off. And Marshadow is here to wear down 'mons for Calyrex-Shadow to go in and sweep.

Then, I added Yveltal because, well, opposing Calyrex-Shadow are going to be hard to deal with, and, technically, Marshadow takes care of them with Shadow Sneak, but everyone knows Yveltal is just better and I don't always have to sack a 'mon just to come just for them to switch out when I come in.

Now, since I got the main part of the team down, I wanted to get some bulky 'mons to eat up hits but also dish them out, like Bulky Offense, so SubGlare DD Zygarde was my pick because of it eating up physical hits, and being able to set up on them and clean up the rest.

Because we all know that Geomancy shouldn't work in conjunction with Power Herb, I added Necrozma-DM to absorb the hits, set up hazards, namely Stealth Rocks, and cripple with Thunder Wave.

I looked through the team, and I saw I had three 'mons weak to Ghost, which Yveltal takes care of, and two weak to Dark-which Xerneas will take care of. Since I don't run Defog on my Yveltal, Xerneas would also be here as hazard control with its own Defog. And, since Xerneas's only recovery is Rest the set is RestTalk. Also I just noticed I made an X-Y-Z core :3.

THE POKEMON

:ss/marshadow:
Marshadow @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Spectral Thief
- Close Combat
- Rock Tomb
Marshadow is here for the Ghost Spam, and it also takes care of Dark-types, with its own STAB, unlike other Ghost-types that could take this spot. I chose Life Orb over Choice Band because my Calyrex-S would already be choiced, so I wanted the freedom to switch up moves with the other 'mon. Shadow Sneak is for priority-F choiced Calyrex. Spectral Thief over Poltergeist because it doesn't rely on your opponent holding an item, and it takes their stat boosts which is a good trade-off for power in my opinion. Close Combat is good Fighting STAB, and Rock Tomb, which is 90 base power due to Technician, is for stuff like Ho-oh, Yveltal, or to care of 'mons on the switch because you outspeed them next turn. I've been thinking about replacing Rock Tomb for Ice Punch, but I'm not sure about it though.

:ss/calyrex-shadow:
Calyrex-Shadow @ Choice Scarf
Ability: As One (Spectrier)
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Aromatherapy
- Trick
- Psyshock
- Astral Barrage
Scarf Calyrex is here to outspeed certain threats and also because we all know how balanced it is in general if you don't have Yveltal as a counter. Aromatherapy is because clerics in the Ubers tier are quite rare. Trick is to cripple walls or Yveltal specifically, getting rid of its boots lets Stealth Rock chip every time it needs to come in to counter Calyrex-S which means eventually it'll die to an Astral Barrage. Psyshock is for SpDef 'mons, namely Blissey, and its for good Psychic STAB. And, it has Astral Barrage because we all know a 120 base power STAB move can't go wrong, as long as you conserve the PP.

:ss/yveltal:
Yveltal @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 32 Atk / 228 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Roost
- Sucker Punch
- Foul Play
- Knock Off
This, as stated earlier, is the Calyrex counter. Almost every team, should a version of this, and by this I mean a Caly-S. counter. Now, You may be shaking your head at why I invested specifically 32 EVs into Attack and put an Adamant Nature, and I'll tell you why. The first time is was getting into Ubers I consulted to texts of the Gods, a.k.a. PokeaimMD's Teams. For some reason, I've grown attracted this set and spam it on every team that needs an Yveltal. Heavy-Duty Boots are obviously so you don't get chipped down by Stealth Rocks, Roost is recovery, Sucker Punch is priority, Foul Play is to abuse your opponents Attack stat, or if they set up on you, and Knock is to get rid of items.

:ss/zygarde:
Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Power Construct
EVs: 16 HP / 224 Atk / 36 Def / 232 Spe
Impish Nature
- Glare
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows
Now, I know that conforming to a team structure that requires a defense 'mon and a special defensive one isn't the best, but honestly it gets the work done. Anyways, I chose this single-attack Zygarde which is surprisingly powerful while still having just one move doing damage output. Glare is to slow down opponents, Substitute to activate your Complete form faster and to get free Dragon Dances, and Thousand Arrows is stupid good in Ubers. The speed investments lets it outspeed 'mons like Eternatus after one boost from Dragon Dance and Calyrex after a Glare. The EVs in HP and Defense lets it soak up hits and not lose its Substitute to uninvested Brave Bird from Ho-oh or Necrozma-DM's Sunsteel Strike.

:ss/necrozma-dusk-mane:
Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Leftovers
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 216 HP / 252 SpD / 40 Spe
Careful Nature
- Morning Sun
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
Eff Xerneas.

Just kidding but still-let's be honest that's Necrozma-DM's main job, so I chose it as my SpDef 'mon because of its ability counter popular 'mons such as Xerneas. Because of its part Steel-typing, it resists many types, and the few that it's weak too are weakened to 75% base power due to its ability. Morning Sun is longevity. Thunder Wave is cripple, Stealth Rock for hazards, and Iron Head is because of Sunsteel Strike's low PP. The EV spread lets it outspeed Adamant Calyrex-Ice, and gives it a coinflip to live Calyrex-Shadow's Astral Barrage-not that I'll ever risk that willingly.

:ss/xerneas:
Xerneas @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Sleep Talk
- Defog
- Moonblast
- Rest
Eff Xerneas. I guess I should've specified with "Eff Geomancy Power Herb Xerneas", but that doesn't sound as salty. Either way, Defog is hazard control, Moonblast is STAB, Rest is because Xerneas gets no reliable recovery, and Sleep Talk is because Rest forces you to sleep for three turns, including the turn you click the move. Boots are so Stealth Rock, Spikes, etc. don't you chip over time when you keep coming in. It's Max HP and Defense to eat up physical hits 'cause why not-also you not exactly gonna be sending a special-attacker out to a possible +2 SpDef Xerneas, after a Geomancy. If I were to replace any 'mons on this team it would be this one either for another hazard remover or replacing a move on Yveltal with Defog.

Threats I've Noticed (Basically, 'mons I Don't Have Good Coverage For)

:ss/groudon:
Yes, I know most of the time all it does is be bulky support with Stealth Rocks, but a DualDance Groudon, which I haven't run into yet, could probably mess me up real bad.

:ss/kyogre:
Groudon's brother. This time it's many of its sets-Scarf is annoying, CM Rest-I don't want to imagine, Specs hits like stupid, shall I go on?

:ss/zygarde-complete::ss/magnezone:
Opposing Zygarde-or any Dragon-type I guess, with help from Magnezone, seems like a bit of a trouble for this team if Xerneas AND Necrozma-DM is out of the picture.
*COUGH* dragmag *COUGH* -Only realized this once I fought it-you live and you learn right? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Pokepaste:
Ubers Ghost Spam by PowerOfMemes (POM)-Me (Got to like the high 1300s to the low to mid 1400s)

:ss/volcanion::ss/weavile::ss/landorus-therian::ss/slowking-galar::ss/buzzwole::ss/dragonite:
My other RMT: Specs Volcanion BO-read thread for newest team

If any of y'all have suggestions, PLEASE give them to me-to y'all who want the team-enjoy it, and have a good day to you all.

Last edited:

Ainzcrad

Smile of the Orchid
is a Tiering Contributor
Hey there,
This team in all honesty seems pretty solid tho there some minor changes i would def make with 1 mon switch to make the weaknesses u have much easier to deal with.

:zygarde: -> :eternatus:

In my personal opinion every kind of balance needs a eternatus to really check ogre well enough, etern also helps a bit with non dd zyg which this team seems to struggle with (besides the xerneas but it can easily be overwhelmed by darm or don or marsh). The set i would personally recommend is this: It helps with checking stuff like cm ogre, and in general has enough spdef to check specs (tho be carefull since ice beam still two hit ko's and u cant pp stall it out).
Eternatus @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 128 HP / 252 SpD / 128 Spe
Timid Nature
- Recover
- Sludge Bomb
- Dynamax Cannon
- Mystical Fire

Set Changes
:yveltal:
This set isnt great imo, u have no speed so foul play is pretty much useless, u have sucker which already gets covered by the marsh slot cause its mostly for calyrex being insane. Imo full spdef is much better to better answer the horse and also give u a better switch into it and a easier time v stuff like lo yveltal.

:xerneas:
1 Minor change on this helps alot on this team, and that is air balloon. HDB doesnt help u much besides v spikes but with yveltal u can fog a little easier, air balloon helps u answer groudong 10x easier and also polter ice punch marsh which looks very very very scary v this team. Also aromatherapy over defog since it helps out when ur trying to rest -> talk and wisp's are annoying/burns for dmane/etern.

Potential Changes
One change u can make on this team with the changes i suggested is making Calyrex Nasty plot instead of aroma, i personally am not the biggest fan but it can help out breaking stuff late game when the opposing yveltal/ttar (bad)/ zarude are gone.

The Team
If u have any questions feel free to dm me on cord: Orchid#1034

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)