SM OU Gliscor, M-Scizor Power Couple

gliscor.gif
ferrothorn.gif
keldeo.gif
scizor-mega.gif
Tapu Koko.png
heatran.gif

Hey everyone! This is my first RMT, as I'm extremely new to the whole teambuilding process and this is my first crack at it. I've tried this team several times and like it, but feel there may be something missing to it. I'd love your thoughts and some help on the team!

gliscor.gif

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 44 Def / 68 SpD / 152 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Taunt

Gliscor is the Pokemon that this team has been mostly built around, as everyone on the team is made to support Gliscor in some way. While the Pokemon itself is fairly self-explanatory, its movepool is pretty vast. I went Knock Off for the risk-free option against a Landorus-T switch over Ice Fang, since a non-attack boosted Ice Fang sucks against anything not named Lando. Earthquake is obvious. Roost is excellent for stalling against Mons that rely on chip damage like Zygarde or Life Orb Garchomp. Taunt is specifically for the Ferrothorn or Clefable switch-ins. Toxic for more stall potential without having to rely on Heatran has been considered along with Ice Fang for damage coverage against Zygarde and Landorus-T. Defog is also an option considering I currently don't hold one on my team.

ferrothorn.gif

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

Specially defensive Ferrothorn supports Gliscor primarily by being the key switch in for special sweepers like Kingdra, both variants of Greninja, or Latios. Ferro is also the key Stealth Rock setter, considering its whole goal is to switch in on something that threatens Gliscor and needs to get out immediately. Leech Seed proves invaluable late game once the Fire-type moves are out of the way. I hold Power Whip specifically for Quagsire, M-Swampert and Gastrodon, all who have a strong matchup against the team. Finally, Gyro Ball is a Ferrothorn staple that does pretty well at dispatching Tapu Bulu or even denting fast switch-ins like M-Lopunny.

keldeo.gif

Keldeo @ Waterium Z
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Perhaps the most questionable member of this team, Keldeo is another Mon meant to support Gliscor as well as Mega-Scizor by being resistant to both water and fire. I found Waterium Z to be extremely lethal with Hydro Pump, able to OHKO M-Swampert in the rain and even 2HKO many variants of Clefable (second attack being Hydro Pump. Calm Mind allows Timid Keldeo to sweep late game with Hydro Pump luck, and HP-Ice is held for the opposing SpDef variant Zygarde. Secret Sword is vital as my only fighting move for taking down opposing Ferrothorns, Chansey/Blissey or Snorlax. I prefer Hydro Pump over Scald for the boon to Hydro Vortex and that it hits like a truck afterward, but the accuracy has gotten me in trouble before.

scizor-mega.gif

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 64 Atk / 124 Def / 16 SpD / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

This team's mega is M-Scizor, and I found it works extremely well with Gliscor. The ability to always threaten with a +2 Bullet Punch against opposing Tapus, Clefables or Whimsicotts is extremely helpful. Roost can help win stall wars against Earthquakes from Landorus-T and Zygarde, while also being healthy enough to take neutral damage for a revenge kill with Bullet Punch. U-Turn is great to turn out with to bring in Gliscor or Heatran. 56 speed outspeeds AV Magnezone when trapped, allowing Heatran to come in for the Flash Fire. I do wish that Scizor had a reliable Bug move in this set to stay in with (i.e. Bug Bite), but that would mean giving up U-Turn or Roost. Doesn't seem viable.

Tapu Koko.png

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

Tapu Koko is my normal lead for the team and will often be the one that finishes the game as well. Koko doesn't mean a ton of explaining, but Thunderbolt hits hart, Dazzling Gleam takes care of late game Latios and Greninja, HP-Ice makes a Landorus-T scared to switch in, and Volt Switch gets Koko out to avoid opposing damage. All are fairly staple on Koko, not much to say here. But Koko is fast; extremely fast. He's an excellent late-game Mon to have.

heatran.gif

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Taunt

Magma Storm Heatran works brilliantly well paired with M-Scizor and Ferrothorn. Considering how generally weak my team is to fire, Heatran exists to make the opponent's predict of an HP-Fire from Magnezone or Magearna much more difficult. While those Mons can just switch out upon seeing Heatran, the switch in will not appreciate a Toxic or a Taunt, both meant to break stalls. Earth Power exists for threatening the switch-in from opposing Heatrans, hoping to get a Flash Fire, and Timid is run to outspeed (or speed tie) opposing variants that aren't scarfed. While powerful and great at chip damage, Magma Storm comes with the gigantic downfall of being inaccurate, which can at times throw a game if a correct predict is made, or chip damage is needed.

Last edited:

Sun

Who cares if one more light goes out? Well I do...
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Welcome to Smogon! I'm locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide in-depth descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this.
Edit: now open with more details

Last edited:
This team is great for someone like you to ladder with. Though recommend you run specs koko over life orb for not power as well as making keldeo scarfed for speed control. I would also recommend you make the scizor more special bulky and the gliscor more physical base. That's all from me :]!

This team is great for someone like you to ladder with. Though recommend you run specs koko over life orb for not power as well as making keldeo scarfed for speed control. I would also recommend you make the scizor more special bulky and the gliscor more physical base. That's all from me :]!
P.s I'm that Trash Nickname guy

Hey Trash, thanks for the critiques. You don't think two choiced mons is too much? I like the concept of scarf Keldeo though. I'll try it out. What spreads would you make for Scizor and Gliscor and why?

Oh two choices pokemon is always good for when you either want to play soft or go hard with your plays. If you go onto smogon page for mons you should be able to type up what mon you would like to use and what sets are the most common, useful, e.t.c.
Just search up Smogon dex and you'll see it :]!

If you make your keldeo scarfed, which I think is a good idea for speed control, you could make your Tapu koko a z-move user with either fairium or electrium-z. This would give it a one time power nuke without taking damage or being locked into a move. Otherwise I like the team a lot. You don't have a ground resist, but gliscor works fine, and if that dies scizor can take hits and roost it off. Another option could be to make your heatran more offensive and give it groundium-z to hit trapped mons after magma storm like toxapex well.

Diophantine

Banned deucer.
Hey Drakothonic, Gliscor x Ferro was a defensive core I've used from way back :)
I'll keep in mind that is is a Mega Scizor + Ferrothorn balance team

First off, I'd change the Keldeo set to either Sub (over HP Ice) CM with lefties or Scarfed. Sub CM can win games pretty well once Toxapex has been taken care of, which Heatran pressures. I'd go with lefties over Waterium as you'd want longevity and the possibility of more subs. Scarfed is to revenge kill Greninja, Volcarona etc. while also having speed control, as you have nothing faster than Ash-Gren or the faster megas.

Sets:
Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Stone Edge
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Scald

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Secret Sword
- Scald

Next, you're looking quite Medicham weak. You could forgo one of your mons for a Mew/Clefable to help with this. It could be the Keldeo (as you were unsure of it) though I think you could replace the Koko with it too. Mew gives you defog, which you lack on your team
Sets:
Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 148 Def / 112 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog
- Ice Beam

^^ this outspeeds Zygarde but not max speed Landorus. You can tinker with the EVs if you wish

I don't have much time, so I can't make many changes right now, but if you shout me later I can help more :)

Hey man, really solid looking team!
I would tweak it just a tiny bit since some moves on certain Pokémon are just unnecessary in my opinion.

Stone Edge > Hidden Power [Ice] Keldeo: While I do appreciate the fact that Hidden Power is trying to hit Zygarde, I still think it is unnecessary in conjunction with the Waterium Z because at +1 special attack the Keldeo kills the Zygarde. Stone Edge gives you a lure to Charizard-Y with you being kind of weak to it.

+1 252 SpA Keldeo Hydro Vortex (185 BP) vs. 160 HP / 28 SpD Zygarde: 456-537 (114.8 - 135.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Defog > Taunt Gliscor: This is necessary in my opinion! You do not pressure an opposing team enough to the point where its prohibided to set up hazards. Additionally, you do not need Taunt on 2 Pokémon when Heatran is enough. Those 2 points taken into consideration pretty much make it a necessity to run the move, if you ask me.

Issues you might still be dealing with:

• No Scarfer, making the team pretty slow
  • Charizard-Y (although you have a lure now)
  • Tyranitar (if Fire Punch)

Hope I helped you somewhat ^^

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)