Done [OU] Gliscor

Theia

whatever helps you sleep at night
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
User Safety Lead
Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 244 HP / 36 Def / 228 SpD
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Facade
- Protect

Gliscor can become a potent wincon thanks to the combination of good bulk, Poison Heal increasing its longevity and ensuring it can't be burned, and Swords Dance. +2 Earthquake can OHKO many OU staples, such as Kingambit, Galarian Slowking, and Raging Bolt, and 2HKO Garganacl. Poison Heal means that Facade is always boosted, letting it deal decent damage to Ground-immune foes like Dragonite, Enamorus, and opposing Gliscor. Protect lets Gliscor get extra healing from Poison Heal, further augmenting its longevity. Tera Normal boosts Facade's power, letting Gliscor OHKO threats like Roaring Moon and Ogerpon-W after a Swords Dance while also removing its weaknesses to Water and Ice. 244 HP EVs maximize the HP healed from Poison Heal, while 36 Defense EVs let Gliscor survive Ogerpon-W's unboosted Ivy Cudgel, and the Special Defense EVs allow it to more easily check the likes of Gholdengo and Iron Crown. Without Knock Off, Gliscor is completely walled by Air Balloon Gholdengo, so it needs teammates like Zamazenta and Dragonite that can help remove it. Gliscor is also easily threatened by Ice- and Water-types like Kyurem and Walking Wake, so it benefits from bulky teammates like Galarian Slowking and Blissey that can check them.

Character Count: 1043

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Tera Normal boosts the power of Facade, letting it OHKO offensive Pokemon like Roaring Moon and Ogerpon-W and 2HKO defensive Pokemon like Hatterene and Primarina after a Swords Dance.
I'm probably just stupid and initially thought +0 Facade would 1HKO Roaring Moon, but you could either keep it as is, or if you want cut down on words, could use the following:

"Tera Normal boosts the power of Facade, letting it OHKO threats like Roaring Moon and Ogerpon-W after a Swords Dance, while also removing Gliscor's weaknesses to Water and Ice."

So I did some calcs and Hatterene is a roll to 2HKO with EQ already, so I think it's fine to not need it as much. +2 EQ vs +2 Tera Facade is what I would look into if there were any new KO's or something. I threw in the typing part at the end since Normal typing makes it harder to 1HKO unless you have Zamazenta or something really strong.

+2 0 Atk Tera Normal Gliscor Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 204+ Def Hatterene: 160-189 (50.3 - 59.4%) -- 80.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Without Knock Off, Gliscor is completely walled by Air Balloon Gholdengo, so it needs from teammates like Zamazenta and Dragapult that can remove it.
I think you forgot "help" in there, but I would replace Dragapult with Dragonite, since Ghold doesn't wanna switch into Dragapult in general.

Gliscor is also easily threatened by Ice- and Water-types like Kyurem and Manaphy, so it benefits from bulky teammates like Blissey and Dondozo that can check these threats.
Manaphy's uncommon, so you can replace it with Walking Wake, and then teammates could be Slowking-Galar and Blissey.

Looks good QC 1/1

Theia

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
User Safety Lead
I'm probably just stupid and initially thought +0 Facade would 1HKO Roaring Moon, but you could either keep it as is, or if you want cut down on words, could use the following:

"Tera Normal boosts the power of Facade, letting it OHKO threats like Roaring Moon and Ogerpon-W after a Swords Dance, while also removing Gliscor's weaknesses to Water and Ice."

So I did some calcs and Hatterene is a roll to 2HKO with EQ already, so I think it's fine to not need it as much. +2 EQ vs +2 Tera Facade is what I would look into if there were any new KO's or something. I threw in the typing part at the end since Normal typing makes it harder to 1HKO unless you have Zamazenta or something really strong.

+2 0 Atk Tera Normal Gliscor Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 204+ Def Hatterene: 160-189 (50.3 - 59.4%) -- 80.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

I think you forgot "help" in there, but I would replace Dragapult with Dragonite, since Ghold doesn't wanna switch into Dragapult in general.

Manaphy's uncommon, so you can replace it with Walking Wake, and then teammates could be Slowking-Galar and Blissey.

Looks good QC 1/1

Implemented, thank you!

Good morning GP Team :wo:

SolarBeam

not on fire (yet)
is a Contributor to Smogon
1/1, GP Team done
gm
blue = add
red = remove
(orange) = comment

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Facade
- Protect

Gliscor can become a potent wincon thanks to the combination of good bulk, Poison Heal increasing its longevity and ensuring it can't be burned, and Swords Dance. +2 Earthquake can OHKO many OU staples, such as Kingambit, Galarian Slowking, and Raging Bolt, as well as and 2HKO Garganacl. Poison Heal means that Facade is always boosted, letting it deal decent damage to Ground-immune foes like Dragonite, Enamorus, (AC) and opposing Gliscors Gliscor. Protect lets Gliscor get extra healing from Poison Heal, further augmenting its longevity. Tera Normal boosts the power of Facade Facade's power, letting it Gliscor OHKO threats like Roaring Moon and Ogerpon-W after a Swords Dance (RC) while also removing Gliscor's its weaknesses to Water and Ice. 244 HP EVs maximizes maximize the amount of HP healed from Poison Heal, while 36 Defense EVs lets let Gliscor live survive Ogerpon-W's unboosted Ivy Cudgel, (AC) and the Special Defense EVs allow it to more easily check the likes of Gholdengo and Iron Crown. Without Knock Off, Gliscor is completely walled by Air Balloon Gholdengo, so it needs from teammates like Zamazenta and Dragonite that can help remove it. Gliscor is also easily threatened by Ice- and Water-types like Kyurem and Walking Wake, so it benefits from bulky teammates like Galarian Slowking and Blissey that can check these threats them.

Character Count: 1071 1043
(lmk if you need me to cut more to fit a catchy intro)

Theia

User Safety Lead
1/1, GP Team done
gm
blue = add
red = remove
(orange) = comment

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Facade
- Protect

Gliscor can become a potent wincon thanks to the combination of good bulk, Poison Heal increasing its longevity and ensuring it can't be burned, and Swords Dance. +2 Earthquake can OHKO many OU staples, such as Kingambit, Galarian Slowking, and Raging Bolt, as well as and 2HKO Garganacl. Poison Heal means that Facade is always boosted, letting it deal decent damage to Ground-immune foes like Dragonite, Enamorus, (AC) and opposing Gliscors Gliscor. Protect lets Gliscor get extra healing from Poison Heal, further augmenting its longevity. Tera Normal boosts the power of Facade Facade's power, letting it Gliscor OHKO threats like Roaring Moon and Ogerpon-W after a Swords Dance (RC) while also removing Gliscor's its weaknesses to Water and Ice. 244 HP EVs maximizes maximize the amount of HP healed from Poison Heal, while 36 Defense EVs lets let Gliscor live survive Ogerpon-W's unboosted Ivy Cudgel, (AC) and the Special Defense EVs allow it to more easily check the likes of Gholdengo and Iron Crown. Without Knock Off, Gliscor is completely walled by Air Balloon Gholdengo, so it needs from teammates like Zamazenta and Dragonite that can help remove it. Gliscor is also easily threatened by Ice- and Water-types like Kyurem and Walking Wake, so it benefits from bulky teammates like Galarian Slowking and Blissey that can check these threats them.

Character Count: 1071 1043
(lmk if you need me to cut more to fit a catchy intro)
The goat delivers once again :pray:

Implemented, thank you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)