NU Goodra

Mariannabelle

chill guy
[OVERVIEW]

Goodra stands out as a wallbreaker thanks to its powerful Draco Meteor and coverage options that allow it to hit the majority of the tier super effectively. Furthermore, its naturally high Special Defense means that Goodra can take hits and check the likes of Shell Smash Blastoise and Nasty Plot Salazzle. However, Goodra is held back by a mediocre physical bulk that leaves it vulnerable to revenge killers like Tauros and Passimian, and it lacks solid recovery options to use its special bulk with. Goodra also finds itself in direct competition with other special attackers like Exploud and Dragalge that rely less on movepool diversity given their raw power.

[SET]
name: All-out Attacker
move 1: Draco Meteor
move 2: Fire Blast
move 3: Thunderbolt / Hydro Pump / Surf
move 4: Sludge Bomb / Hydro Pump / Surf
item: Expert Belt
ability: Sap Sipper
nature: Modest
evs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Set Details
====

Fire Blast is Goodra's best option for hitting Steel-types like Copperajah and Escavalier that would otherwise wall it. Thunderbolt is a consistent option to hurt bulky Water-types like Vaporeon and Mantine. Sludge Bomb is the preferred last move to hit Fairy-types like Comfey and Sylveon. Alternatively, Hydro Pump and Surf are Goodra's best ways to damage Diancie and allow it to threaten Fire-types without sustaining Special Attack drops. The Modest nature and Expert Belt are useful for netting 2HKOs on the likes of Assault Vest Copperajah and physically defensive Sylveon.

Goodra is prone to being revenge killed by physical attackers like Tauros and Ninjask, so physically defensive partners like Mudsdale and Bronzong are appreciated for it to retreat behind. Fire-types like Arcanine and Talonflame appreciate Goodra's ability to switch into Water-type moves and threaten Thunderbolt usage, while Steel-types like Copperajah benefit from Goodra's Fire resistance. In return, they can threaten the opposing Steel- and Fairy-types such as Bronzong and Sylveon that limit the effectiveness of Draco Meteor. Water-types like Vaporeon enjoy Goodra's ability to casually switch into Electric- and Grass-type moves, and Goodra likes having them around for their matchups against the likes of Diancie and Glastrier. Because Goodra lacks recovery to accompany its bulk, Wish support from the likes of Vaporeon and Sylveon can be very beneficial.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
====
Assault Vest bolsters Goodra's special bulk to ridiculous levels, allowing it to easily shrug off boosted coverage from the likes of Shell Smash Blastoise and Nasty Plot Salazzle, but Goodra still survives boosted hits without Assault Vest. Goodra can also justify Choice Scarf or Choice Specs with its solid power and coverage, but it has little staying power after using a Choice-locked attack.

Thunder can be justified to 2HKO Vaporeon, although the move is rather inaccurate. Goodra's decent Attack is backed up by some useful STAB options and great coverage moves like Earthquake, Superpower, Iron Tail, and Power Whip. However, physical attacking sets are, for the most part, performed more effectively by other Pokemon. Goodra can also run an effective Substitute + Acid Armor set with Body Press to beat Steel-types and set up on passive foes like Vaporeon.

Checks and Counters
====

**Specially Defensive Pokemon**: Specially defensive variants of Pokemon like Vaporeon and Sylveon can shrug off Goodra's standard moves and slowly whittle down its HP with Toxic and other moves.

**Steel-types**: While most do not want to switch directly into a Fire Blast, Steel-types like Assault Vest Copperajah can easily shrug off Goodra's other usual attacks and strike at its weaker Defense. Heatproof Bronzong in particular doesn't mind any of Goodra's usual moves. Steel-types do need to watch out for the rare Acid Armor + Body Press set, though.

**Fairy-types**: Fairy-types such as bulky Sylveon and Diancie can take most of Goodra's moves and respond with their own STAB attacks. However, they do need to be careful of Sludge Bomb or Hydro Pump coverage, respectively. Diancie will also fall to Iron Tail.

**Physical Attackers**: Goodra's weaker Defense leaves it prone to physical attackers like Tauros, Assault Vest Copperajah, and Drapion. Some of them do need to fear attacks from Choice Scarf Goodra, though.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Mariannabelle, 435989]]
- Quality checked by: [[Rabia, 336073], [S1nn0hC0nfirm3d, 231074]]
- Grammar checked by: [[Finland, 517429], [Deetah, 297659]]

Last edited:

roxie

https://www.youtube.com/@noxiousroxie
is a Tutoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
[OVERVIEW]

Goodra stands out as an attacker [I'd use a less broad term/phrase over "attacker" like wallbreaker"] thanks to a high Special Attack, which allows Goodra it to threaten the opposition with powerful Dragon STAB moves Draco Meteors [The main set is only using Draco Meteor so I'd directly just say this. I'd personally wouldn't be using something like Dragon Pulse or Dragon Tail on Goodra either] as well as a treasure trove of coverage options that allow Goodra to hit the majority of the tier super effectively. Furthermore, its naturally high Special Defense means that Goodra can take and return hits from the likes of Shell Smash Blastoise and Nasty Plot Salazzle. However, Goodra is held back by a mediocre physical bulk that leaves it vulnerable to the tier's physical attackers like Sirfetch'd and Copperajah. , and it lacks solid recovery options to abuse its bulk with. [I feel like most wallbreakers aren't using a recovery move. Even if it did learn something like Slack Off, I really don't feel like its worth anywhere outside something like Other Options] Goodra also finds itself in direct competition with other special attackers like Exploud and Dragalge that boast more spammable STAB options thanks to their Abilities. [I would say it has competition with wallbreakers & Dragon-types in two separate categories]

[SET]
name: Choice Attacker Specs
move 3: Thunderbolt
item: Choice Specs

[SET COMMENTS]
Set Details
====

Draco Meteor is the suggested STAB option, and can be used to threaten easy OHKOs on slower neutral targets, such as wallbreakers like Sirfetch'd and Golurk. [not needed, the emphasis on Draco Meteor should be in the Overview] Fire Blast is Goodra's best option for hitting Steel-types like Copperajah and Bronzong that would otherwise wall Goodra. Thunderbolt is the best option to annoy and potentially break through bulky Water-types like Vaporeon and Mantine. Other coverage moves include Sludge Bomb, which is the preferred move to hit Fairy-types like Comfey and Sylveon. Alternatively, Water coverage in Hydro Pump or Surf is Goodra's best way to damage Diancie, and allows Goodra to threaten Fire-types without sustaining Special Attack drops.

Goodra is prone to being revenge killed by physical attackers like Tauros and Flygon, so physically defensive partners like Mudsdale and Bronzong are appreciated for Goodra to retreat behind. Fire-types like Arcanine and Talonflame appreciate Goodra's ability to switch into Water moves and threaten Thunderbolt usage, while Steel-types like Copperajah benefit from Goodra's Fire resistance. In return, Goodra gains partners that can threaten the opposing Steel-types and Fairy-types Steel- and Fairy-types like [examples] that limit the effectiveness of Draco Meteor spam. Water-types like Vaporeon enjoy Goodra's ability to casually switch into Electric and Grass moves, and Goodra likes having them around for their matchup against physical Ice-type attackers like Glastrier. [You mentioned its lack of recovery in the overview and adding Wish passers as teammates work here]

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
====
Assault Vest bolsters Goodra's special bulk to ridiculous levels, allowing Goodra to easily shrug off boosted coverage from the likes of Shell Smash Blastoise and Nasty Plot Salazzle; for example, Assault Vest Goodra will take a +2 Ice Beam or +2 Dragon Pulse after Stealth Rock damage AND three layers of Spikes. Alternatively, Choice Scarf allows Goodra to revenge kill a plethora of faster threats such as Tauros and Starmie with its STAB move and coverage. However, both versions will miss the raw power that comes from Choice Specs.

Goodra's decent Attack stat of 100 is backed up by some useful STAB moves and coverage, with great coverage moves like Earthquake, Superpower, Iron Tail, and Power Whip at Goodra's disposal. However, physical attacking sets are, for the most part, performed much better by other Pokemon.

Checks and Counters
====

**Specially Defensive Pokemon**: Specially defensive versions of Pokemon like Vaporeon, Sylveon, Bronzong, and Diancie are capable of shrugging off coverage from the likes of Assault Vest and Choice Scarf Goodra, although all except Heatproof Bronzong do fear switching directly into super effective Specs attacks.

**Physical Attackers**: Goodra's weaker physical defense leaves it prone to being attacked and defeated by physical attackers like Tauros, Assault Vest Copperajah, and Flygon. Some of them do need to fear attacks from Choice Scarf Goodra, though.

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[username1, userid1], [username2, userid2]]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1], [username2, userid2]]
I would add something about Goodra being Choice locked and scouted by Protect users in c&c or the overview also
- This is an AMcheck, meaning its not official so implement as you wish
[comments] remove add

Last edited:

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
random thoughts on this mon:

modest ebelt first set y/n

i think it could also be worthwhile to slash hydro or sludge ahead of tbolt, diancie and sylveon are both more common than mantine (which partners can also provide more help for, since it's weak to SR after taking a Knock Off (from a fighter or salazzle). however, that's no guarantee - mantine is fairly relevant.

thunder > thunderbolt also used to be popular in ru due to the greater power to OHKO mantine and 2HKO vapo, perhaps that's worth considering here too

Mariannabelle

chill guy
random thoughts on this mon:

modest ebelt first set y/n

i think it could also be worthwhile to slash hydro or sludge ahead of tbolt, diancie and sylveon are both more common than mantine (which partners can also provide more help for, since it's weak to SR after taking a Knock Off (from a fighter or salazzle). however, that's no guarantee - mantine is fairly relevant.

thunder > thunderbolt also used to be popular in ru due to the greater power to OHKO mantine and 2HKO vapo, perhaps that's worth considering here too
truly, I use expert belt more than anything else. that being said I kinda doubt QC would agree with it being first set.

Definitely adding Thunder at least as an OO

Mariannabelle

chill guy
[I would say it has competition with wallbreakers & Dragon-types in two separate categories]
Besides Dragalge, I have never really considered Goodra to be in competition with the likes of Flygon or Tyrantrum; if you ask me, Goodra actually works pretty well stacked with the latter two. Y/N?

I feel like most wallbreakers aren't using a recovery move. Even if it did learn something like Slack Off, I really don't feel like its worth anywhere outside something like Other Options
This might be true, although it's worth pointing out that much frailer wallbreakers / sweepers like Celebi and Starmie can justify Recover; I think Recover + 3 attacks Goodra could be pretty heat, and Goodra would be able to come in on the likes of Vileplume and stuff much more safely if it had a viable recovery method. Life Dew as an OO, N/N?

not needed, the emphasis on Draco Meteor should be in the Overview
I made the change for now, but I gotta ask- should I mention something about why Draco Meteor is preferred? I.e. you net some pretty important OHKOs that Dragon Pulse misses out on? Better chip on Steels? etc.

Thanks for the input, I made lots of changes

Rabia

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
GP & NU Leader
honestly make ebelt the set; specs is good but ebelt gives you enough damage output without forcing you to lock into a move and get exploited by the 3452 pokemon in the tier that can pivot around your coverage

ding me when you make this change and i'll give the first check

Rabia

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
GP & NU Leader
[OVERVIEW]

Goodra stands out as a wallbreaker thanks to a high Special Attack, which allows it to threaten the opposition with a powerful Draco Meteor as well as a treasure trove of coverage options that allow Goodra to hit the majority of the tier super effectively. Furthermore, its naturally high Special Defense means that Goodra can take and return hits from the likes of Shell Smash Blastoise and Nasty Plot Salazzle. However, Goodra is held back by a mediocre physical bulk that leaves it vulnerable to the tier's physical attackers, and it lacks solid recovery options to abuse its bulk with. Goodra also finds itself in direct competition with other special attackers like Exploud and Dragalge that boast more threatening STAB options thanks to their Abilities.

[SET]
name: All-Out Attacker

[SET COMMENTS]
Set Details
====

Fire Blast is Goodra's best option for hitting Steel-types like Copperajah and Bronzong that would otherwise wall Goodra. Thunderbolt a consistent option to hurt bulky Water-types like Vaporeon and Mantine. Sludge Bomb is the preferred move to hit Fairy-types like Comfey and Sylveon. Alternatively, Hydro Pump or Surf is Goodra's best way to damage Diancie, and allows Goodra to threaten Fire-types without sustaining Special Attack drops.

Goodra is prone to being revenge killed by physical attackers like Tauros and Flygon, so physically defensive partners like Mudsdale and Bronzong are appreciated for Goodra to retreat behind. Fire-types like Arcanine and Talonflame appreciate Goodra's ability to switch into Water moves and threaten Thunderbolt usage, while Steel-types like Copperajah benefit from Goodra's Fire resistance. In return, Goodra gains partners that can threaten the opposing Steel-types and Fairy-types such as Bronzong and Sylveon that limit the effectiveness of Draco Meteor. Water-types like Vaporeon enjoy Goodra's ability to casually switch into Electric and Grass moves, and Goodra likes having them around for their matchup against physical Ice-type attackers like Glastrier. Because Goodra lacks a solid recovery method to accompany its bulk, Wish support from the likes of Vaporeon or Sylveon can be very beneficial.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
====

Assault Vest bolsters Goodra's special bulk to ridiculous levels, allowing Goodra to easily shrug off boosted coverage from the likes of Shell Smash Blastoise and Nasty Plot Salazzle; for example, Assault Vest Goodra will take a +2 Ice Beam or +2 Dragon Pulse after Stealth Rock damage and three layers of Spikes. Goodra can also justify Choice Scarf or Choice Specs with its solid power and coverage, but it has little staying power after using a Choice-locked attack.

Goodra's decent Attack stat of 100 is backed up by some useful STAB options, and great coverage moves like Earthquake, Superpower, Iron Tail, and Power Whip are at Goodra's disposal. However, physical attacking sets are, for the most part, performed more effectively by other Pokemon. Thunder can be justified regular sets to 2HKO Vaporeon, although the move is rather inaccurate. (I think you can justify putting that Substitute + Acid Armor set down here. It's pretty niche but has seen a little use on ladder, and it's been successful enough.)

Checks and Counters
====

**Specially Defensive Pokemon**: Specially defensive versions of Pokemon like Vaporeon, Sylveon, Bronzong, and Diancie are capable of shrugging off coverage from Expert Belt Goodra, although all except Heatproof Bronzong do fear switching directly into super effective Specs attacks. (maybe do separate entries for Steel-types and Fairy-types and allow this spot to be for generic special walls?)

**Physical Attackers**: Goodra's weaker physical defense leaves it prone to being attacked and defeated by physical attackers like Tauros, Assault Vest Copperajah, and Flygon. Some of them do need to fear attacks from Choice Scarf Goodra, though.

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[username1, userid1], [username2, userid2]]

qc 1/2 when done

S1nn0hC0nfirm3d

aka Ho3nConfirm3d
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
[OVERVIEW]

Goodra stands out as a wallbreaker thanks to a high Special Attack, which allows it to threaten the opposition with a powerful Draco Meteor as well as a treasure trove of coverage options that allow Goodra to hit the majority of the tier super effectively. Furthermore, its naturally high Special Defense means that Goodra can take hits and check and return hits from (its SpD isn't why it's returning hits, it's the coverage beforehand, but the sentence reads as if it's the SpD. Check is better here) the likes of Shell Smash Blastoise and Nasty Plot Salazzle. However, Goodra is held back by a mediocre physical bulk that leaves it vulnerable to the tier's physical attackers revenge killers like... (add two physical attackers that force it out), and it lacks solid recovery options to abuse its bulk with. Goodra also finds itself in direct competition with other special attackers like Exploud and Dragalge that boast more threatening STAB options rely less on movepool diversity and more on raw power thanks to their Abilities. (This is the main concern when in comparison, as Goodra dropping Dracos isn't as rewarding as Dragalge's Adaptability boosted ones nor specs Exploud's Boomburst. These two are able to really wear down and hurt Steel-types and special walls by spamming their stabs and Goodra can't compete; it's more prediction + movepool reliant. )

[SET]
name: All-Out Attacker

[SET COMMENTS]
Set Details
====

Fire Blast is Goodra's best option for hitting Steel-types like Copperajah and Bronzong Escavalier (bronz can still wall with Heatproof) that would otherwise wall Goodra. Thunderbolt a consistent option to hurt bulky Water-types like Vaporeon and Mantine. Sludge Bomb is the preferred move to hit Fairy-types like Comfey and Sylveon. Alternatively, Hydro Pump or Surf is Goodra's best way to damage Diancie, and they allows Goodra to threaten Fire-types without sustaining Special Attack drops. (Mention why the Modest nature + Expert Belt is necessary to 2HKO Assault Vest Copperajah and physically defensive Sylveon)

Goodra is prone to being revenge killed by physical attackers like Tauros and Flygon, so physically defensive partners like Mudsdale and Bronzong are appreciated for Goodra to retreat behind. Fire-types like Arcanine and Talonflame appreciate Goodra's ability to switch into Water moves and threaten Thunderbolt usage, while Steel-types like Copperajah benefit from Goodra's Fire resistance. In return, Goodra gains partners that can threaten the opposing Steel-types Steel- and Fairy-types such as Bronzong and Sylveon that limit the effectiveness of Draco Meteor. Water-types like Vaporeon enjoy Goodra's ability to casually switch into Electric and Grass moves, and Goodra likes having them around for their matchup against physical Ice-type attackers threats like Diancie and Glastrier (The tier doesn't have more ice attackers bar Glas, so Vap being mentioned as a check to these two is fitting). Because Goodra lacks a solid recovery method to accompany its bulk, Wish support from the likes of Vaporeon or Sylveon can be very beneficial.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
====
Assault Vest bolsters Goodra's special bulk to ridiculous levels, allowing Goodra to easily shrug off boosted coverage from the likes of Shell Smash Blastoise and Nasty Plot Salazzle, but Goodra still lives boosted hits without Assault Vest for example, Assault Vest Goodra will take a +2 Ice Beam or +2 Dragon Pulse after Stealth Rock damage and three layers of Spikes (The example is too niche and because Goodra tanks the hits regardless, we want to show the reader that AV isn't the main item for a reason). Goodra can also justify Choice Scarf or Choice Specs with its solid power and coverage, but it has little staying power after using a Choice-locked attack.

Goodra's decent Attack stat of 100 is backed up by some useful STAB options, and great coverage moves like Earthquake, Superpower, Iron Tail, and Power Whip are at Goodra's disposal. However, physical attacking sets are, for the most part, performed more effectively by other Pokemon. Thunder can be justified regular sets to 2HKO Vaporeon, although the move is rather inaccurate. Goodra can also run an effective Substitute + Acid Armor set with Body Press to beat Steel-types and set up on passive hitters like Vaporeon.

Checks and Counters
====

**Specially Defensive Pokemon**: Specially defensive versions of Pokemon like Vaporeon and Sylveon are capable of shrugging off the standard STAB moves or coverage options from Goodra, and can slowly whittle down Goodra's HP with Toxic and other moves.

**Steel-types**: While most do not want to switch directly into a Fire Blast, Steel-types like Assault Vest Copperajah can easily shrug off Goodra's usual attacks and strike at Goodra's weaker Defense. Heatproof Bronzong in particular doesn't mind any of Goodra's usual moves. Steel-types do need to watch out for the rare Acid Armor + Body Press set, though.

**Fairy-types**: Fairy-types such as bulky Sylveon and Diancie can take most of Goodra's moves and respond with their own STAB attacks. However, they do need to be careful of Sludge Bomb or Hydro Pump coverage, respectively. Diancie will also fall to Iron Tail.

[CREDITS]
qc 2/2!
Ho3nConfirm3d-QC-small.gif

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Add/Fix Remove Comment
(RC): Remove Comma

[OVERVIEW]

Goodra stands out as a wallbreaker thanks to a high Special Attack, which allows it to threaten the opposition with a powerful Draco Meteor as well as a its powerful Draco Meteor and treasure trove of coverage options that allow Goodra it to hit the majority of the tier super effectively. Furthermore, its naturally high Special Defense means that Goodra can take hits and check the likes of Shell Smash Blastoise and Nasty Plot Salazzle. However, Goodra is held back by a mediocre physical bulk that leaves it vulnerable to revenge killers like Tauros and Passimian, and it lacks solid recovery options to abuse its use its special bulk with. Goodra also finds itself in direct competition with other special attackers like Exploud and Dragalge that rely less on movepool diversity and more on raw power thanks to their Abilities. given their raw power.

[SET]
name: All-Out All-out Attacker

[SET COMMENTS]
Set Details
====

Fire Blast is Goodra's best option for hitting Steel-types like Copperajah and Escavalier that would otherwise wall Goodra it. Thunderbolt is a consistent option to hurt bulky Water-types like Vaporeon and Mantine. Sludge Bomb is the preferred last move to hit Fairy-types like Comfey and Sylveon. Alternatively, Hydro Pump or Surf is Goodra's best way and Surf are Goodra's best ways to damage Diancie (RC) and allows Goodra allow it to threaten Fire-types without sustaining Special Attack drops. The Modest nature and Expert Belt are useful for netting 2HKOs on the likes of Assault Vest Copperajah and physically defensive Sylveon with effective coverage moves.

Goodra is prone to being revenge killed by physical attackers like Tauros and Flygon, so physically defensive partners like Mudsdale and Bronzong are appreciated for Goodra it to retreat behind. Fire-types like Arcanine and Talonflame appreciate Goodra's ability to switch into Water-type moves and threaten Thunderbolt usage, while Steel-types like Copperajah benefit from Goodra's Fire resistance. In return, Goodra gains partners that they can threaten the opposing Steel- and Fairy-types such as Bronzong and Sylveon that limit the effectiveness of Draco Meteor. Water-types like Vaporeon enjoy Goodra's ability to casually switch into Electric and Grass Electric- and Grass-type moves, and Goodra likes having them around for their matchups against the likes of Diancie and Glastrier. Because Goodra lacks a solid recovery method recovery to accompany its bulk, Wish support from the likes of Vaporeon or and Sylveon can be very beneficial.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
====
Assault Vest bolsters Goodra's special bulk to ridiculous levels, allowing Goodra it to easily shrug off boosted coverage from the likes of Shell Smash Blastoise and Nasty Plot Salazzle, but Goodra still lives boosted hits without Assault Vest. Goodra can also justify Choice Scarf or Choice Specs with its solid power and coverage, but it has little staying power after using a Choice-locked attack.

Thunder can be justified to 2HKO Vaporeon, although the move is rather inaccurate. Goodra's decent Attack stat of 100 is backed up by some useful STAB options (RC) and great coverage moves like Earthquake, Superpower, Iron Tail, and Power Whip are at Goodra's disposal. However, physical attacking sets are, for the most part, performed more effectively by other Pokemon. Thunder can be justified regular sets to 2HKO Vaporeon, although the move is rather inaccurate. Goodra can also run an effective Substitute + Acid Armor (changed the / to +) set with Body Press to beat Steel-types and set up on passive hitters foes like Vaporeon.

Checks and Counters
====

**Specially Defensive Pokemon**: Specially defensive versions variants of Pokemon like Vaporeon and Sylveon are capable of shrugging off the standard STAB moves or coverage options from Goodra, and can can shrug off Goodra's standard moves and slowly whittle down Goodra's its HP with Toxic and other moves.

**Steel-types**: While most do not want to switch directly into a Fire Blast, Steel-types like Assault Vest Copperajah can easily shrug off Goodra's other (I imagine?) usual attacks and strike at Goodra's its weaker Defense. Heatproof Bronzong in particular doesn't mind any of Goodra's usual moves. Steel-types do need to watch out for the rare Acid Armor + Body Press set, though.

**Physical Attackers**: Goodra's weaker physical Defense leaves it prone to being attacked and defeated by physical attackers like Tauros, Assault Vest Copperajah, and Flygon. Some of them do need to fear attacks from Choice Scarf Goodra, though.

[CREDITS]
- Grammar checked by: [[Finland, 517429], [username2, userid2]]

Corrin1.gif
1/2

deetah

Delicate as silk
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
GP & SocMed Lead
Add Remove Comments

GP 2/2

Diluc_Stamp.gif

[OVERVIEW]

Goodra stands out as a wallbreaker thanks to its powerful Draco Meteor and coverage options that allow it to hit the majority of the tier super effectively. Furthermore, its naturally high Special Defense means that Goodra can take hits and check the likes of Shell Smash Blastoise and Nasty Plot Salazzle. However, Goodra is held back by a mediocre physical bulk that leaves it vulnerable to revenge killers like Tauros and Passimian, and it lacks solid recovery options to use its special bulk with. Goodra also finds itself in direct competition with other special attackers like Exploud and Dragalge that rely less on movepool diversity given their raw power.

[SET]
name: All-out Attacker

[SET COMMENTS]
Set Details
====

Fire Blast is Goodra's best option for hitting Steel-types like Copperajah and Escavalier that would otherwise wall it. Thunderbolt is a consistent option to hurt bulky Water-types like Vaporeon and Mantine. Sludge Bomb is the preferred last move to hit Fairy-types like Comfey and Sylveon. Alternatively, Hydro Pump and Surf are Goodra's best ways to damage Diancie and allow it to threaten Fire-types without sustaining Special Attack drops. The Modest nature and Expert Belt are useful for netting 2HKOs on the likes of Assault Vest Copperajah and physically defensive Sylveon.

Goodra is prone to being revenge killed by physical attackers like Tauros and Flygon, so physically defensive partners like Mudsdale and Bronzong are appreciated for it to retreat behind. Fire-types like Arcanine and Talonflame appreciate Goodra's ability to switch into Water-type moves and threaten Thunderbolt usage, while Steel-types like Copperajah benefit from Goodra's Fire resistance. In return, they can threaten the opposing Steel- and Fairy-types such as Bronzong and Sylveon that limit the effectiveness of Draco Meteor. Water-types like Vaporeon enjoy Goodra's ability to casually switch into Electric- and Grass-type moves, and Goodra likes having them around for their matchups against the likes of Diancie and Glastrier. Because Goodra lacks recovery to accompany its bulk, Wish support from the likes of Vaporeon and Sylveon can be very beneficial.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
====
Assault Vest bolsters Goodra's special bulk to ridiculous levels, allowing it to easily shrug off boosted coverage from the likes of Shell Smash Blastoise and Nasty Plot Salazzle, but Goodra still lives survives boosted hits without Assault Vest. Goodra can also justify Choice Scarf or Choice Specs with its solid power and coverage, but it has little staying power after using a Choice-locked attack.

Thunder can be justified regular sets to 2HKO Vaporeon, although the move is rather inaccurate. Goodra's decent Attack is backed up by some useful STAB options and great coverage moves like Earthquake, Superpower, Iron Tail, and Power Whip. However, physical attacking sets are, for the most part, performed more effectively by other Pokemon. Goodra can also run an effective Substitute + Acid Armor (Change forward slash to + sign) set with Body Press to beat Steel-types and set up on passive foes like Vaporeon.

Checks and Counters
====

**Specially Defensive Pokemon**: Specially defensive variants of Pokemon like Vaporeon and Sylveon can shrug off Goodra’s Goodra's (ASCII apostrophes) standard movea moves and slowly whittle down its HP with Toxic and other moves.

**Steel-types**: While most do not want to switch directly into a Fire Blast, Steel-types like Assault Vest Copperajah can easily shrug off Goodra's other usual attacks and strike at its weaker Defense. Heatproof Bronzong in particular doesn't mind any of Goodra's usual moves. Steel-types do need to watch out for the rare Acid Armor + Body Press set, though.

**Physical Attackers**: Goodra's weaker Defense leaves it prone to physical attackers like Tauros, Assault Vest Copperajah, and Flygon. Some of them do need to fear attacks from Choice Scarf Goodra, though.

[CREDITS]
- Grammar checked by: [[Finland, 517429], [username2, userid2]]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)