Gen 4 Help with my 'healing team' (BD/SP) (Has this been done before?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi friends! I have been thinking about purchasing Shining Pearl. For the normal (first) playthrough I thought of a fun way to beat the game. But also is there competitive potential?
So…(building up tension)…I present to you: My ‘heal-team’! Background/side-info: Abra and evolutions have been my favorite since the first appearance of Sabrina in the series. I also own 2 axolotls irl so Quagsire is an obvious choice. The rest I added because I found their moveset complimentary to the team.

Questions and input:

1st: Please rate my team and give feedback on what I could/should change.
2nd. The heal-team still needs a 6th member. Which Pokémon should it be and why?

Thanks a million for checking out this post! Cheers and have a great day/evening!

1638480570393.png

I chose this one because in every team I ever made there is an Alakazam. EV spread speaks for itself, as a stab-pokemon on special attack, so no attack needed. Pumped a lot in speed to get the first move off.
Alakazam @ Life Orb
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Recover
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

A sturdy tank with counters for all ice-weak pokemon. Optimised healing because the ability. Don't know if toxic is needed..but it can't hurt to poison when you have a tank.
Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Careful Nature
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic

I am thinking of taking this dragontype with draco meteor as a focuspoint. Roost to heal up to stay in team. EV-spread all on special attack with a nice speed boost (200 is enough imo).
Dragonite @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 56 Atk / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Mild Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Roost

With gigadrain I stayed in theme wanted to focus on getting does spikes off and this will be an opener-pokemon to start with. Sleep powder when doing doubles as a kind of support and grass knot to counter the heavy tanks.
Roserade @ Focus Sash
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Grass Knot

Last but not least my healing fire pokemon Magcargo. I was looking at fire-healing abilities and came back around with 'recover'. Although it is still an attacker, I tried to focus on the health instead of the SpA. Also took stealthrock for when Roserade fails to put up toxic spikes.
Magcargo @ Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Flamethrower
- Toxic
- Recover
- Stealth Rock

Last edited:

ShuckleDeath

They call me the kign of typos
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hi, welcome to Smogon! I am locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least three lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and look at Team Showcase to see the detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions, and I will be happy to unlock this.

Why did you choose this mon
What do the EV spreads do and why do you have it
What are all 4 moves for

You also need to post a full team of Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)