Here's to making teams with nothing more than a pen and paper [LAMT/RMT]

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Yah, I fell asleep in class today as usual and sort of came up with a team in my semi-conscious state. Besides, everyone is doing it.

(All EVs TBA unless otherwise stated)
Agunomuu
Levitate
+Speed -Def
@Life Orb
Scheme
Explosion
Fire Blast
Psychic
Not the best lead with Weaviles and such, but this team is still purely on paper. I'll probably not start with it as it will give away its purpose as an anti-Blissey/Swampert Pokemon. Basically Scheme to lure Blissey in, if they have one then I boom on it. If they're clever and bring in Metagross or something, it eats Fire Blast. If Tar shows up I run.

Steelix
Sturdy
+Def -SAtk
@Leftovers
Earthquake
Stealth Rock
Explosion
Roar/Iron Tail/Stone Edge
This still walls Megahorn/Rock moves quite decently, and now eats Dark moves up as well. Iron Tail is good for whacking Gablias/Tar/Dosaidon/Gengar when I don't know which one will show up, and I don't know how useful Roar will be, even with Stealth Rock. Hell, I might use this to start. It laughs at any attempt to Pursuit it.

Dragonite
Inner Focus
@AGlasses
Focus Punch
Meteoric Swarm
Thunderbolt
Fire Blast/Flamethrower
I'd actually do the EVing for this but I don't have Netbattle installed. Its MS isn't as hard as Salamence's, but this can hit Milotic and such harder over two turns, it might even 2HKO it and isn't stuffed by Blissey, which eats FP. I can use Agunomuu to sweep if Dragonite can kill Blissey.

Raikou
Pressure
@Leftovers
Calm Mind
Thunderbolt
HP Ice
Substitute
Having two Blissey killers allows this thing to do clean up afterwards. Standard fare.

Blissey
Natural Cure
@Leftovers
Softboiled
Aromatherapy
Ice Beam
Thunder Wave
I'm not happy using Blissey, but I need something to handle special attacks in general.

Heracross
Guts
Enough speed for 400, Adamant+max attack, rest in HP
@AScarf
In Fight
Blade Test
Stone Edge
Megahorn
I always feel the need to have something really fast on my team (+372), and this also hits reasonably hard. I'd rather have BT for hurting Dusclops2 rather than get the drop on Gengar, which cannot come in on anything on this team.

Basically I try to get rid of anything like Blissey that stands in the way of Agunomuu/Raikou, and proceed to sweep. I have a couple Explosions as well, if I need them. I don't have a reliable Fighting resist though. Agunomuu/Dragonite/Heracross all resist but still take massive damage.

Misty

oh
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Tyranitar comes in with ease on Agunomu and massive damage will ensue. I'd use Grass Rope instead of Fire Blast.

Watch out for Gyarados. It comes in on Steelix or Heracross and you're up shit's creek.

if you really want to run iron tail on steelix just go with gyro ball and - spd nature i think BP will be 150 for basically everything as steelix is so slow.

Modest Agunomu > Timid Agunomu

Modest one can 3HKO Blissey after a Scheme [on the swich of course] and Bliss needs 4 seismic toss's to kill him.

That way, you may drop explosion for Grass rope to fuck T-tar too!.

sure if your timid you outspeed Gaburaisu, but if your modest, he cant afford to swich in, otherwise he gets fucked up by the fury of TEH GNOME OF DOOM!

Blissey also needs one Thunder Wave to cripple him. Blissey only needs 3 Seismic Tosses unless you decided to give him a load of HP EVs.

There's little merit in using modest Azelf. Failing to outspeed Gengar and Infernape would be a massive problem. He can OHKO the shark with HP Ice even if he's Timid too.

Twave one Bliss wont be so common in D/P... its just an easy swich for Gaburaisu, Blissey now NEEDS to carry Ice Beam.

so we have

Seismic Toss [what else? Calm Mind maybe...]
Ice Beam
Softboiled [it NEEDS it]
Usefull move [aromatherapy, thunderbolt for CM's, charm]

As for Gengar and Infernape, Gengar isnt THAT much of a problem realy, Infernape is a problem, but Agu can still outspeed Adamant/Modest ones.

Blissey needs Softboiled or Wish and Seismic Toss, the other two slots are down to preference and team requirements. There's plenty of good counters for the shark, not so many for Azelf with Thunder Wave Blissey being one of the best. Softboiled/Seismic Toss/Ice Beam/Thunder Wave is possibly Blissey's best moveset.

How is Gengar not much of a problem? It OHKOs Azelf.

I also doubt you'll see many Modest or Adamant Infernape. Just like Azelf it benefits far more from a +speed nature.

First of all, Its easy to predict T-wave from Blissey, just swich in a physical ground type [or heracross/ursaring] and see how blissey goes back into her ball running...

and Gengar isnt a problem becouse he has ASHeracross w Blade test, who can kill Gengar [and sweep] and swich into hes Ghost attack fairly easy.

[if i was making the team with Modest agunomu, i would use either CBWeavile w Pursuit, or ASDonkarasu w Pursuit as a nice swich-in kill]

THE_IRON_...KENYAN?

Banned deucer.
First of all, Its easy to predict T-wave from Blissey, just swich in a physical ground type [or heracross/ursaring] and see how blissey goes back into her ball running...

and Gengar isnt a problem becouse he has ASHeracross w Blade test, who can kill Gengar [and sweep] and swich into hes Ghost attack fairly easy.

[if i was making the team with Modest agunomu, i would use either CBWeavile w Pursuit, or ASDonkarasu w Pursuit as a nice swich-in kill]
ASgengar outspeeds herra, puts it to sleep, and rapes it. btw, withought seismic toss on blissey, raikou will shit on you, even though you can wall him, but it wont be long before he overwhelms you with calm mind. that is why you need seismic toss on blissey. also, id switch Fire Blast with hp fightingso t-tar doesn wall agunomuu(btw, this is a lot better name then azelf).

ASgengar needs to swich out to attack again, meanwhile, any of the other 4 Party members get a free swich, and since ASgengar cant put anything else to sleep, due to sleep clause. Gengar cant come into anything on this team safetly after that. so yeah ASGengar [who is total waste after the initial blow] wont be rapeing.

THE_IRON_...KENYAN?

Banned deucer.
ASgengar needs to swich out to attack again, meanwhile, any of the other 4 Party members get a free swich, and since ASgengar cant put anything else to sleep, due to sleep clause. Gengar cant come into anything on this team safetly after that. so yeah ASGengar [who is total waste after the initial blow] wont be rapeing.
sorry about my unspecific post, but ASGar puts herra to sleep, you switch and
a) set up on it or the switchmon b) rape the hell out of the switch c) you make a mistake and run away, far away. oh, and thanks for pointing out that mistake i made with my post, but i fixed it, so thank you.

Gengar isn't a problem for his team, he's a problem for Modest Azelf. It can't sweep if it has to keep switching out, especially on something it should easily beat.

If you switch it out on Blissey expecting a Thunder Wave, then Blissey has served her purpose. You can't 3HKO her if you switch out.

If you honestly think you can beat Blissey with Azelf, make it Timid and give it Wisdom Glasses. You get use it's speed and Wisdom Glasses gives you the exact same power Modest would. Leftovers isn't exactly essential on something so frail.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)