Tournament HGPL III: Kommensement Thread

hidin

What a kind young man
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Power Rankings
Power rankings but actually explained (unlike sundays). As always don't this too in your feelings about what's below: It's all subjective anyway.

1. Perpetual Porygons
Big fan of this team; they have a solid draft with players who dabble into weird tiers that would be in this tournament like Orangex and Adriyun, with solid players like Dorron, Tempo di anguria, NinjaSnapple, and Cao Jie in the cut as well. In general I like the support the team has coming from Orangex since they're genuinely a prep demon based off of past tournaments I've seen them in and Adriyun just cranking out builds every 30 minutes albeit performing a yap session while doing so. Combine this with the flexibility of their players and I see them as the best team out of all the seven opposing teams, and expect some good results from them.

2. Muh-Fuh Mawiles
Cyril had a very smart draft plan by just sitting back and observing people bid with their <20k credit total while having like 50k credits, and managed to get some good people on his team like SpaceSpeakers, cat, Fangame, and Amstan. Other players like Da Pizza Man and Chris Chien Pao seem like they have potential but I haven't seem them perform in team tours a lot. SpaceSpeakers + cat + zastra is elite support to have while also being good players in weird formats in (except zastra), and I guess Cyril can support too but from what I've seen and dealt with Cyril support is either a hit or miss. Overall a solid team, only outranked by the Porygons by a little bit in my eyes.

3. Amoongus Imposters
Dearest was an opp during draft when it came to bidding but got a cool draft overall, Hiusi guy being the stand out player out of everyone else that was picked up. They're a very consistent player when it comes to weird metagames because of how much they dabble into OMMs and such while also building a good amount as well, and a good part of the reason why I put the Imposters at 3rd place. Otherwise, there's some nice players like Lostmemories, Banbadoro, and memedose46 on the team with some unknown but underrated faces like yoko and Swagata Mitra, so nice team. But tell your manager to not be obnoxious during drafting next time @Imposters.

4. Goldenrod Greninjas
The Greninja draft has some solid players like Kayzn, awyp, Concept Everything, and sometimes Sulo but I am unsure about who the support people would be on this team besides Concept Everything which is why I'm giving them 4th place. I'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that they've partaken in tournaments like this in the past and know how to build in odd metagames, and if you add this with the cool players they have on their team the Greninjas are a pretty decent team. If this ranking comes to bite me after Week 1, I'm sorry y'all.

5. Malicious MegaLucs
When you look at the players on this team like Piyush and TDR you'd probably be looking at this post crazy because of them being on a team ranked so low, but it seems like there is a huge lack of players who actually dabble into tiers that aren't current gen stuff bar Frozoid. sealoo and Liimpy might be able to support well when it comes to weird tiers, but as I said the lack of players that play weird stuff kinda hurts this team.

6. Kickass Kingambits
This team is like mashed potatoes if it was an HGPL team. Nothing too appealing when you look at this team besides a few people like skimmy, Vileman, Nashrock, and Slowpoke Fan. Only Nashrock and Slowpoke Fan are the people I know that actually mess with weird tiers but only a few of them, so overall it might get tragic for this team when it comes to building; playing however will probably be okay. If you invite Inder to the server and have him supporting this team is probably a rank higher.

7. Tasty Tatsugiris
This team paid more for 3k on Bossaru lol. Outside of that, really no notable faces outside of AiRedzone and maybe Ina fable and I have near zero clue about everyone else, and what I do know isn't that good. Unfortunate draft, hopefully y'all prove me wrong by not being the bottom ranked team.

Now if you excuse me, I have to build the wonderful metagame known as Diamond and Pearl UnderUsed Protean Palace. Perhaps Life Orb Mesprit could be something there...just a little idea. :pimp:
Also I didn't do my team (Garchomps) but from a general consensus we might objectively be first place!

Cyril tbh

formerly LordDoesOtherStuff
Power Rankings
Power rankings but actually explained (unlike sundays). As always don't this too in your feelings about what's below: It's all subjective anyway.

1. Perpetual Porygons
Big fan of this team; they have a solid draft with players who dabble into weird tiers that would be in this tournament like Orangex and Adriyun, with solid players like Dorron, Tempo di anguria, NinjaSnapple, and Cao Jie in the cut as well. In general I like the support the team has coming from Orangex since they're genuinely a prep demon based off of past tournaments I've seen them in and Adriyun just cranking out builds every 30 minutes albeit performing a yap session while doing so. Combine this with the flexibility of their players and I see them as the best team out of all the seven opposing teams, and expect some good results from them.

2. Muh-Fuh Mawiles
Cyril had a very smart draft plan by just sitting back and observing people bid with their <20k credit total while having like 50k credits, and managed to get some good people on his team like SpaceSpeakers, cat, Fangame, and Amstan. Other players like Da Pizza Man and Chris Chien Pao seem like they have potential but I haven't seem them perform in team tours a lot. SpaceSpeakers + cat + zastra is elite support to have while also being good players in weird formats in (except zastra), and I guess Cyril can support too but from what I've seen and dealt with Cyril support is either a hit or miss. Overall a solid team, only outranked by the Porygons by a little bit in my eyes.

3. Amoongus Imposters
Dearest was an opp during draft when it came to bidding but got a cool draft overall, Hiusi guy being the stand out player out of everyone else that was picked up. They're a very consistent player when it comes to weird metagames because of how much they dabble into OMMs and such while also building a good amount as well, and a good part of the reason why I put the Imposters at 3rd place. Otherwise, there's some nice players like Lostmemories, Banbadoro, and memedose46 on the team with some unknown but underrated faces like yoko and Swagata Mitra, so nice team. But tell your manager to not be obnoxious during drafting next time @Imposters.

4. Goldenrod Greninjas
The Greninja draft has some solid players like Kayzn, awyp, Concept Everything, and sometimes Sulo but I am unsure about who the support people would be on this team besides Concept Everything which is why I'm giving them 4th place. I'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that they've partaken in tournaments like this in the past and know how to build in odd metagames, and if you add this with the cool players they have on their team the Greninjas are a pretty decent team. If this ranking comes to bite me after Week 1, I'm sorry y'all.

5. Malicious MegaLucs
When you look at the players on this team like Piyush and TDR you'd probably be looking at this post crazy because of them being on a team ranked so low, but it seems like there is a huge lack of players who actually dabble into tiers that aren't current gen stuff bar Frozoid. sealoo and Liimpy might be able to support well when it comes to weird tiers, but as I said the lack of players that play weird stuff kinda hurts this team.

6. Kickass Kingambits
This team is like mashed potatoes if it was an HGPL team. Nothing too appealing when you look at this team besides a few people like skimmy, Vileman, Nashrock, and Slowpoke Fan. Only Nashrock and Slowpoke Fan are the people I know that actually mess with weird tiers but only a few of them, so overall it might get tragic for this team when it comes to building; playing however will probably be okay. If you invite Inder to the server and have him supporting this team is probably a rank higher.

7. Tasty Tatsugiris
This team paid more for 3k on Bossaru lol. Outside of that, really no notable faces outside of AiRedzone and maybe Ina fable and I have near zero clue about everyone else, and what I do know isn't that good. Unfortunate draft, hopefully y'all prove me wrong by not being the bottom ranked team.

Now if you excuse me, I have to build the wonderful metagame known as Diamond and Pearl UnderUsed Protean Palace. Perhaps Life Orb Mesprit could be something there...just a little idea. :pimp:
Also I didn't do my team (Garchomps) but from a general consensus we might objectively be first place!
You put us high but this list just isnt it :worrywhirl:

Yoko

I COULD BE BANNED!
predicts
Amoonguss Imposters (8) vs Motherfucking Mawiles (0)
SV UUbers: opelucid vs celestia74
SV PiC Rands BO3: dearestdeerling vs gymlead11b
SV Natdex Monotype Doubles: banbadoro vs fangame
Modern Gen 1: hiusiguy vs d4mmu
SV Sharing is Caring: spcplayzz vs zastra
DPP Protean Palace UU: memedose46 vs cat
SS BSS BO3: yoko vs chriscp
ORAS 1v1 BO5: miyoko vs cyriltbh
please like if u agree:)

Cyril tbh

formerly LordDoesOtherStuff
predicts
Amoonguss Imposters (8) vs Motherfucking Mawiles (0)
SV UUbers: opelucid vs celestia74
SV PiC Rands BO3: dearestdeerling vs gymlead11b
SV Natdex Monotype Doubles: banbadoro vs fangame
Modern Gen 1: hiusiguy vs d4mmu
SV Sharing is Caring: spcplayzz vs zastra
DPP Protean Palace UU: memedose46 vs cat
SS BSS BO3: yoko vs chriscp
ORAS 1v1 BO5: miyoko vs cyriltbh
please like if u agree:)
:worrywhirl:

PREDICTS!!!!!!!!

Perpetual Porygons (0) vs Kickass Kingambits (8)
SV UUbers: dorron vs skimmythegod
SV PiC Rands BO3: ionnss vs blui
SV Natdex Monotype Doubles: ninjaapple vs flamingopokeman
Modern Gen 1: caojie vs slowpokefan
SV Sharing is Caring: theironpikachu vs vileman
DPP Protean Palace UU: adriyun vs tanish
SS BSS BO3: bella vs nashrock
ORAS 1v1 BO5: orangex733 vs jadino

looks p accurate to me

Power Rankings

1. Perpetual Porygons

2. Muh-Fuh Mawiles

3. Amoongus Imposters

4. Goldenrod Greninjas

5. Malicious MegaLucs

6. Kickass Kingambits

7. Tasty Tatsugiris

umm my bad if you felt that i was annoying or rude but that's how i am... and good luck to your team

hidin

What a kind young man
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Amoonguss Imposters (6) vs Motherfucking Mawiles (2)
SV UUbers: opelucid vs celestia74: Opelucid looks like the better player here to me because they've been in a few WCOP tours in metas like Doubles for India and did well; though I don't know much about either of the two. It's weird he's in this slot because why not put him in PIC if he's a doubles main?
SV PiC Rands BO3: dearestdeerling vs gymlead11b: Known more.
SV Natdex Monotype Doubles: banbadoro vs fangame: Banbadoro has a very common tendency to do good in metagames they've never played before, but I haven't seem him play much Doubles base metagames. Fangame is a Doubles main however, and I think all Doubles players can do well in PiC because it doesn't require that much more resource management compared to regular doubles.
Modern Gen 1: hiusiguy vs d4mmu: Better player here, and has actually been online compared to d4mmu.
SV Sharing is Caring: spcplayzz vs zastra: Contrary to his performances in NDOMs, zastra is quite knowledgeable and good at current gen OMs when you look at what he does in them. Expecting a solid win here coming from him, but his team needs to make sure he doesn't bring some of the worst sets known to man.
DPP Protean Palace UU: memedose46 vs cat: I've seen memedose perform in a lot of tournaments and he's pretty good, and based off of his performances in UU based tours I'd say that he takes the win versus cat here. This could be an upset though, since cat isn't too far off in the skill department here in my eyes.
SS BSS BO3: yoko vs chriscp: Known more, probably better player?
ORAS 1v1 BO5: miyoko vs cyriltbh: Pretty sure this guys a 1v1 mainer lol. Unless some real big upset happens here, it might be over for Cyril.

Tasty Tatsugiris (1) vs Malicious MegaLucs (5)
SV UUbers: shortie vs frozoid: Definitely the better player here and more knowledgeable, because I'm pretty sure Frozoid mains AG, and if you can main AG and be good in it you can definitely apply your skill and understandings to other formats with Ubers in them.
SV PiC Rands BO3: bornikdies vs piyush: Unlosable matchup here.
SV Natdex Monotype Doubles: airedzone vs shadowmaster: I'm pretty sure these two are friends and are both Doubles mains, but AIRedzone has had better results in Doubles tiers overall.
Modern Gen 1: muralik29 vs sealoo: sealoo knows what's broken already, and from what he has planned surely he doesn't lose.
SV Sharing is Caring: loveisditto vs xdtactician: I have no clue who these two are.
DPP Protean Palace UU: micoy vs tdr: Better player.
SS BSS BO3: inafable vs liimpy: Very close match but I'm pretty sure Ina is a demon at SSOU, though I wouldn't be shocked if Limpy won.
ORAS 1v1 BO5: mcx vs ntgcuzidk: I really have no clue who these guys are...

Perpetual Porygons (4) vs Kickass Kingambits (3)
SV UUbers: dorron vs skimmythegod: Very close match here. Dorron actually plays the tier and has been doing good in the kickoff, but skimmy won UPL with good results and can probably pick UUbers up and win. Gonna look forward to watching this one.
SV PiC Rands BO3: ionnss vs blui: Better player here.
SV Natdex Monotype Doubles: ninjasnapple vs flamingopokeman: Very good at National Dex Doubles and unlike their opponent they have no kids to deal with while playing.
Modern Gen 1: caojie vs slowpokefan: I've seen SPF do better and have more knowledge in National Dex related formats than Cao, though Cao is a good player and would be able to learn MG1 pretty quickly since it isn't too hard to get your head around.
EDIT: Okay after some information was given to me Cao might win pretty easily with his past MG1 tournament results and knowledge. Good potential for an upset though.
SV Sharing is Caring: theironpikachu vs vileman: Um...
DPP Protean Palace UU: adriyun vs tanish: Listening to Adrian build is a nightmare but they sure are good builds...also he's quite annoying when it comes to his play so expecting a solid win here.
SS BSS BO3: bella vs nashrock: Band for band, Nashrock wins. In this tournament game, I believe Nashrock is higher than Bella in the skill department though Bella isn't far off and has a good chunk of friends that can support her in BSS. Close game.
ORAS 1v1 BO5: orangex733 vs jadino: Better player and is very good at playing weird tiers like ORAS 1v1.

Good luck to all teams, and I didn't bold you take it as a motivation to prove me wrong.

Last edited:

sundays

tired dreaming
is a Tiering Contributor
Amoonguss Imposters (2) vs Motherfucking Mawiles (6)
SV UUbers: opelucid vs celestia74: I have not seen opelucid play singles at all so I'll go with the solid singles player ik.
SV PiC Rands BO3: dearestdeerling vs gymlead11b: better randdubs player, dd can still win with the chipi chapa armor tho
SV Natdex Monotype Doubles: banbadoro vs fangame: fangame is mainer so I'll give him the edge, but after positive mu and a bit of outplaying I can totally see banb winning
Modern Gen 1: hiusiguy vs d4mmu: i have not seen dammu play at all and hiusi ik is a solid builder/clicker so I'd say he wins
SV Sharing is Caring: spcplayzz vs zastra: better singles player
DPP Protean Palace UU: memedose46 vs cat: better weird tiers player
SS BSS BO3: yoko vs chriscp: he's got the bsswc/pl exp
ORAS 1v1 BO5: miyoko vs cyriltbh: better 1v1 player

Tasty Tatsugiris (2) vs Malicious MegaLucs (6)
SV UUbers: shortie vs frozoid: shortie is really good at uubers, but I can see frozoid winning through sheer experience factor in mons
SV PiC Rands BO3: bornikdies vs piyush: unless lucked
SV Natdex Monotype Doubles: airedzone vs shadowmaster: depends heavily on mu, both are equal in skill regard
Modern Gen 1: muralik29 vs sealoo: murali just lacks experience, but I'm up for surprises here
SV Sharing is Caring: loveisditto vs xdtactician: tact is a better player
DPP Protean Palace UU: micoy vs tdr: better player
SS BSS BO3: inafable vs liimpy: both are good, but I favor irene here
ORAS 1v1 BO5: mcx vs ntgcuzidk: mcx can take this, ntg is much better here tho

Goldenrod Greninjas (3) vs Gangster Garchomps (5)
SV UUbers: tails72 vs seth: better player
SV PiC Rands BO3: bergenser vs bleahey: haven't seen berg play much lately, going with the foot doctor due to recency bias ig
SV Natdex Monotype Doubles: thundersprit vs tyo: not even a competition lmao
Modern Gen 1: ghoulishchamp vs hidin: I've not seen ghoul play at all, while I've seen good stuff from hidin
SV Sharing is Caring: shone vs kinzoketchum: shone can rizz up kinzo and win but I'm not bolding against hgpl 2 mvp
DPP Protean Palace UU: concepteverything vs whodatman: concept is better player and builder
SS BSS BO3: arcanine1929 vs alpha1013: I think arcs got this, he's been looking fire recently
ORAS 1v1 BO5: shinchan3279 vs toasterboi420: I feel shinchan is better clicker

Perpetual Porygons (6) vs Kickass Kingambits (2)
SV UUbers: dorron vs skimmythegod: I feel skimmy clicks better, this mu depends on builds
SV PiC Rands BO3: ionnss vs blui: ionnss is better at doubles and pic but blui is better at rands so its 2-1
SV Natdex Monotype Doubles: ninjaapple vs flamingopokeman: mainer vs non-mainer
Modern Gen 1: caojie vs slowpokefan: Has played way more mg1
SV Sharing is Caring: theironpikachu vs vileman: ironpika builds are unmatchable, I favor them here but vileman ofc can still win
DPP Protean Palace UU: adriyun vs tanish: I feel tanish is too overconfident atm and might get owned (but might also not)
SS BSS BO3: bella vs nashrock: I've seen them play basic tiers more
ORAS 1v1 BO5: orangex733 vs jadino: better clicker, this boils down to the team supplier

I'm bad at words but anyways going into HGPL III, I wanted to not do the mistakes which I made during by managing in HGPL II and tbh I had a great fun managing the Amoongus Imposters with Dearest Deerling . Sadly we could not make playoffs but the journey in itself was filled with ups and downs and it was nothing but an amazing experience for me. A huge thanks to all my team members Banbadoro Lechen Swagata Mitra Miyoko Lostmemories A Welcome Guest Yoko Hiusi guy Flodsire Opelucid SOM/05 . I apologize if I made any mistakes or if anyone was unhappy with my decisions but I hope that everyone got to have fun and just know that you guys are the best. And of course tysm for the goat sundays for giving me the opportunity to manage and hosting such an epic tour.

So, first of all this is the first time i'm doing anything like this. But first i want to thank Shortie for giving me a chance as co-manager. I wasn't sure abt myself when the manager sign-ups are up . i always doubted myself coz i'm not that good at mons but thanks to you shortie i overcame that. so abt the players we were pretty much happy with whom we have drafted. we got rng'd in some but thats the way the game works. but every individual did their part in this campaign and i'm very proud of them. so first of all:-

Mr.Bossaru :- me and shortie were very happy when we drafted him. its sad that we lost him on this journey. it was a tough challenge for us after knowing abt what happened we wanted to win this tour for his goal but we couldn't but yeah thank you sundays for adding him to winning team. i'm not that proud of it but yeah i wouldn't want to end his final tour with a loss.

Shortie :- He is the main man. he is the one who held the group together and he has been doing for the past 3 seasons. i wouldn't ask for a better manager when joining and mananging with him. he has been exceptional throughout this the tour he saved us many times in this tour. once again thanks man for drafting me as ur co-man.

dreepy :- She has been the top player for us througout the tour. She didn't even lose once throughout which i say am very proud. she gave us a fighting chance till the last week. its sad that u ended as runners but yeah u did the best. thank you dreepy

Ina fable:- She has been an another pillar for us who has won the toughest matches for us. Sry if i was irritating for pinging u non-stop at the start but yeah thank you for everything u did to keep the team moving foward. Congrats on winning.

AIRedzone :- my ace doubles players. whenever a double tier appears he says don't worry i will handle it. i could say we would have been in a huge problem without him. Surely one of the best players we had in this campaign.

metagross does architectu :- Our apth mainer. Though it was his first time joining the tour he has been good thorughout the tour. the one could depend upon tbh. thanks man for handling CAP tiers and helping out everyone whenever the team needed.

LoveisDitto_ :- Gonna be honest. the way he improved as a player was truly awesome. he pulled off some mindblowing wins which we didn't expect. he clutched whenever the team required. even though u faced hard opponent u didn't back out and did ur best.

MCX :- Our randbats player. he played all the rng matches. wouldn't have been unbeaten if not for rng. but yeah you did good hope to see u next season.

abcaba :- he didn't get much of a chance this hgpl because of others filling his role but we know how good as a randbats player. thank you joining us.

KeshBa45 :- I do say we didn't use him properly though we all know how good a player he is. we could have done much better if we did let him play more weeks but yeah thank you.

Micoy :- we know this hasn't been much of a great tour to u but yeah it happenes to the best of players. we know how good u are. so don' think abt it. we happy that we were able to draft u.

SwordIsBored :- even though he joined us for the last two weeks ik he didn't get to much of it. coz he played only the last week. u haven't let the team down let me remind u it was all over even before u played ur game. so don't worry abt. but yeah thank you accepting our request as soon as we asked u to join. cheers!

and last but not the least i would like to thank our lovely dondozos Frixel RoFnA Mcthelegit Waldinji Murm Realblazing for joining us and supporting us throughout the tour as helpers and special mention to Spcplayzz and Copen who helped me even though they were managing or supporting other teams. clearly without you guys this would have been a hard time for us. And thank you sundays for giving us this opportunity. this it guys. signing off as tasty tatsugiris and yeah congratulations to Gangster Garchomps on winning this HGPL

Last edited:

Lechen

scorched by flames
is a Tiering Contributor
Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 4.04.47 PM.png

So, first of all this is the first time i'm doing anything like this. But first i want to thank Shortie for giving me a chance as co-manager. I wasn't sure abt myself when the manager sign-ups are up . i always doubted myself coz i'm not that good at mons but thanks to you shortie i overcame that. so abt the players we were pretty much happy with whom we have drafted. we got rng'd in some but thats the way the game works. but every individual did their part in this campaign and i'm very proud of them. so first of all:-

Mr.Bossaru :- me and shortie were very happy when we drafted him. its sad that we lost him on this journey. it was a tough challenge for us after knowing abt what happened we wanted to win this tour for his goal but we couldn't but yeah thank you sundays for adding him to winning team. i'm not that proud of it but yeah i wouldn't want to end his final tour with a loss.

Shortie :- He is the main man. he is the one who held the group together and he has been doing for the past 3 seasons. i wouldn't ask for a better manager when joining and mananging with him. he has been exceptional throughout this the tour he saved us many times in this tour. once again thanks man for drafting me as ur co-man.

dreepy :- She has been the top player for us througout the tour. She didn't even lose once throughout which i say am very proud. he gave us a fighting chance till the last week. its sad that u ended as runners but yeah u did the best. thank you dreepy

Ina fable:- She has been an another pillar for us who has won the toughest matches for us. Sry if i was irritating for pinging u non-stop at the start but yeah thank you for everything u did to keep the team moving foward. Congrats on winning.

AIRedzone :- my ace doubles players. whenever a double tier appears he says don't worry i will handle it. i could say we would have been in a huge problem without him. Surely one of the best players we had in this campaign.

metagross does architectu :- Our apth mainer. Though it was his first time joining the tour he has been good thorughout the tour. the one could depend upon tbh. thanks man for handling CAP tiers and helping out everyone whenever the team needed.

LoveisDitto_ :- Gonna be honest. the way he as improved as a player was truly awesome. he pulled off some mindblowing wins which we didn't expect. he clutched whenever the required. even though u faced hard opponent u didn't back out and did ur best.

MCX :- Our randbats player. he played all the rng matches. wouldn't have been unbeaten if not for rng. but yeah you did good hope to see u next season.

abcaba :- he didn't get much of a chance this hgpl because of others filling his role but we know how good as a randbats player. thank you joining us.

KeshBa45 :- I do say we didn't use him properly though we all know how good a player he is. we could have done much better if we did let him play more weeks but yeah thank you.

Micoy :- we know this hasn't been much of a great tour to u but yeah it happenes to the best of players. we know how good u are. so don' think abt it. we happy that we were able to draft u.

SwordIsBored :- even though he joined us for the last two weeks ik he didn't get to much of it. coz he played only the last week. u haven't let the team down let me remind u it was all over even before u played ur game. so don't worry abt. but yeah thank you accepting our request as soon as we asked u to join. cheers!

and last but not the least i would like to thank our lovely dondozos Frixel RoFnA Mcthelegit Waldinji Murm Realblazing for joining us and supporting us throughout the tour as helpers and special mention to Spcplayzz and Copen who helped me even though they were managing or supporting other teams. clearly without you guys this would have been a hard time for us. And thank you sundays for giving us this oppertunity. this it guys. signing off as tasty tatsugiris and yeah congratulations to Gangster Garchomps on winning this HGPL
Shortie Mr.Bossaru dreepy Ina fable AIRedzone metagross does architectu LoveisDitto_ MCX abcaba KeshBa45 Micoy SwordIsBored Frixel RoFnA Mcthelegit Waldinji Murm Realblazing Spcplayzz Copen sundays

and here we are~!
2k random who went 5-3

ab3552b8-7c19-4385-8148-5de18b394408.jpg

s/o post + cope post HYPE

Liimpy LUCARIO!!
Thank you for drafting me and keeping me as a fulltime starter, it was really fun but i just aint one singles mainer so i lost like 3 games on that, will like to play more under you

tkhanh
Thank you for carrying most of the prep and also the doubles slots because literally no one is our team played doubles(and even i am not a mainer), a really good manager with good activity

Piyush25
Always been a pleasure seeing you play, having consistent performance in a randomized meta is insane and i respect you for it, thank you for building and passing good teams!!

TDR
Another lead role for the team, very good at the game and is present everywhere, thank you for passing like every tier!!

sealoo
0-2 into 6-2 is insane HOLY
Really fun person to talk to, I am ngl this one person almost felt like he was right at home in our team, thank you for being a good player

Frozoid
I like how you enjoyed the tour as well since its meant to be enjoyed, thank you for your good plays and task week helpss

xdTactician
For the time you were officially part of our team, i respect your support and handle of wacky tiers, hope the best for you in real life.

shadowtime2000
I know it wasnt the greatest tour for you but you were definitely our preferred older oldgens player, sorry for making you keep that one pfp for like a day(it was making even me go schizo LOL)

bodi
I know you could have got more chances, but the ones you got you help the complete dominance in them, have a nice day! Sorry for eating your chance during semis

AmoghOp
I know I ate your chance in semis as well(and lost terribly) too bad you got donated to bad matchups, otherwise you would have ended up with a win or two

Tails72
Based person, thank you for the task week runs and you are a fun person in general anyway, sorry you had to be given rby out of all things

Fangame10
Another based person, thank you for the task week again, our main doubles players, you had a really good record as well!

TGA
All the time i assume you were TDR's brother LOL, thank you for the larp and support

stravench
Thank you for supporting me for the entire career i have right now, from 1v1PL to Classics to WC to this tour

Realblazing
To reintroduce me to one of my favourite games ever, pokemon rangers: shadows of almia!!!

Personal shoutouts to:
crow crumbs week 1
AlyssaVGC Eeveekid10 and a few other people not on smogon week 2
piyush21 week 3
tkhanh week 4
tkhanh + Lechen week 5(i never heard what that tier is even)(bst limits)(all i know is the calculus limits)
bleahey week 6 (sry i got haxed LOL)
stravench week 7
piyush21 semis (sorry for the shit plays)

Thank you sundays for hosting this tour(your tiers other than week 1 sucked), Muralik29 and Realblazing for tasks weeks

S/o to
MCX good player
Opelucid (sry for calling act but you missed time)
Amstan good player
Ghoulish Champ You gave me one of the most thrilling series i have ever played, hope life goes good for you
Go greeninja ider what happened in our match but ggs anyways
TheIronPikachu even though the series kinda didnt matter in the end you still haxed me to 5-3 LOL
ToasterBoi420 i know your banned but you were still a good opponent
hidin sorry for not putting up a good show

In the end i lost another tour in semis, for the 4th time.... Meh i was not playing to win anyways hidin delete that tier your series was the most unfun series to build or play(jk dont i will main it when i get free from preparing for the engineering entrance exam i will be giving next year) and for this same reason i wont be taking part in next hgpl so see you during the 2025 edition!

Last edited:

USN

formerly Faaagamer
(Sorry about the huge delay, some issues happened and just didn't think it will take this much time)
PORYGONS!!

I'd like to start with a quote for all my teammates to improve the mood after the finals
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Although we lost in the finals, we (me and ionnss) believe that everyone tried their best and are content with our results as a team. Hope you guys had fun and would join us again next year for HGPL 4.

Co-managing a team for the first time was a new experience for me and I definitely saw some shortcomings in my role as a manager that I will definitely try to improve upon if given another chance. Moving on, I'd like to say few things about my team members and experiences with them:

Adriyun : The very first thing that comes to my mind while thinking of them is 'An Oddball', always seemingly full of energy and very expressive. Although (in some cases) only responding when messaged directly, he's been very good at coming up with stuff at the last moment, helping others in formats that they've played earlier and providing helpful inputs.

Ash3r : Although a solid apth regular pick, I feel like we couldn't communicate well and give you more formats/games in the season, a shortcoming from both ends which I would try my best to stop from happening again. I hope you do well for your incoming tours and wish you luck.

Bella : Even though somewhat less active in the server, you were definitely the go to person for some of the lower tiers (something the team required in the qualifying week stages) and always up for giving your best whenever asked.

bobomania : Our go to rands player. Although you had a bad season, that is exactly how random formats go (specially when you add stupid mods in them, blaming sundays ofc). Thank you for taking out time from hosting tournaments to play in this PL.

Cao Jie : The oldgen player, taking any rby format that nobody has much experience in, with added rulesets. We appreciate that you took those rng based formats and got crucial wins for the team in them.

Dorron : Your record tells the wrong story to anyone looking at the stats, had a bad season (which definitely was due to positions that nobody could've done better in) but still helped a lot by providing support for some of the more mainstream formats that many of us were not well versed in.

dreepy : One of the players that got added just before playoffs, you were a very active in the server, providing crucial input in places and helping during tasks phase. Unfortunately lost in finals, but its just a game of winning and losing. Good luck for the upcoming tours.

Evie : Congrats on the 6-2 record, you definitely pulled up a lot of weight in the wins department while also helping by providing input for others' matches and team discussion.

Hiusi guy : 2nd addition to the team before playoffs, always up for helping the team and voicing out points that they feel might help. Although you didn't have the best record in playoffs, it didn't diminish any of your value.

TheIronPikachu : expert at building teams and getting bad matchups and rolls, probably helping everyone through their teambuilding at some point. Although they had a bad season, their impact in the team was more than winning or losing their game.

meryy : Contributed greatly by creating the beautiful logo and decisively and skilfully winning a round of metronome. Though you didnt help much in the way of teambuilding or practice games, I'm sure your anti-mawile reaction images were just as valuable in helping us succeed

NinjaSnapple : A reliable doubles player that had to go ahead and play some very confusing doubles format (and a bo25), grateful to have you around to take up any doubles format that came up during the tour. Sadly cooked a bit too much for the finals format and missed stuff there, but no use of crying over spilt milk.

Tempo di anguria : Main slot for most of the fairy gens while covering other mainline formats, helping others whenever required and clutching their games. Grateful to have someone reliable to take up formats that others might have struggled into.

Uta The Clown : Someone reliable to take up stupid formats thrown at us by sundays in qualifying week stage that others did not have experience in as well as another nice builder to have in the team.

ionnss : Managing a team was a new and very unique experience that became easier with you being there to discuss and brainstorm which lead to a good draft due to the preparations done earlier. Thanks for helping out on tasks even when you were on vacation and keeping the team atmosphere cool and pressure-free.

Shoutout to all the people who joined as helpers: Amstan Copen eragon Euphonos happysh cat SHIMA Spcplayzz and special thanks to Clas for being highly active and helping a lot during finals.
(PS: I hope you guys don't drag me into managing again until I'm ready for it :eeveehide: (yes, talking to you sundays). What were you guys thinking giving me a team when I didn't even knew what the 75%+ players signed up are supposed to be playing x)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)