Gen 5 Hi, i'm a noob, rate my Gen5 OU Team please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, i'm new in this forum, my name is Fabián, greetings!!
Please rate my Gen5 OU team, here it is:

Volcarona (F) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Togekiss (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 216 SpA / 44 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Heal Bell

Scizor (F) @ Flying Gem
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Acrobatics
- Superpower

Dragonite (F) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Aqua Tail
- Outrage
- Fire Punch

Cloyster (F) @ King's Rock
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Hydro Pump

Mamoswine (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Superpower

Hello and welcome to Smogon.

Even if your team idea is an HO (hyper-offense play style), you're lacking a entry hazard setter (especially the most important and the one that should be in any team: Stealth Rock). You're also using a team very weak to Stealth rock with no Rapid Spin support, this is asking for a disaster. Another issue your team have is that you're using a lot of slow Pokemon with no form of speed control, alongside 2 very bad OU Pokemon (Togekiss and Cloyster).

If you want to learn more about BW OU, you can ask questions about the metagame in the RoA Smogon Discord server: https://discord.gg/C8qBPrKX
You can also ask for a tutor to learn the tier in the Trainer School: https://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/battling-101.42/
Finally, we have a lot of information about old metagames in the Ruins of Alph sub-forum: https://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/ruins-of-alph.31/

Don't be afraid to post your ideas or to ask for advice (especially in RoA discord) since everyone started bad in this game. :D

Last edited:
i think u need a rapid spin qwq
It took me a second to see what you meant, but yeah. Rock is a major problem for the team and I’d recommend rapid spin about as heavily as you. I’ve never personally used it much because sandstorms kind of inherently don’t need as much coverage for it type-wise, but in a case like this, it’s vital.
Edit: upon further inspection, the rapid spin becomes even more necessary. HO, due to the inherent lack of defensive capability, would need to make a solid attempt to cover itself in ways other than bulk

Last edited:

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader
Hi, welcome to Smogon! I am locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least three lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and look at Team Showcase to see the detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions, and I will be happy to unlock this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)