Monotype HO Bug - Mega Pinsir ~ Fireflies

DYA

not a weeb
is a Community Contributor

~HO Bug - Mega Pinsir~

Hello guys! It's my #100 post and I wanted to be special so I decided to do a RMT with one of my favourite team at the moment. The team is just a common Bug team, and yes, it doesn't have Armaldo, pls don't use that thing. I really liked Mega Pinsir HO's in OU so I decided to build this around him this time. Enjoy it!

~In depth~

This guy is better in many ways than Armaldo, again don't use that thing over this one ¬¬. Rapid Spin to remove hazards, Volt Switch to grab some momentum and Spikes and Stealth Rock for hazards stacking. It has Red Card to check physical setup such and special ones when it has Sturdy working. Try to not let it die or receive too much damage because the lack of recovery doesn't let him Rapid Spin all the times you would want to.

Galvantula is kinda a staple in every Bug team, since Sticky Webs are important for the team to work properly. Thunder x Compound Eyes makes it a powerful attack with a decent accuracy (still remember this is Pokémon and the most important turn it will miss). Energy ball + Thunder is really annoying vs Water if played properly. HP Ice to have a semi BoltBeam coverage. Focus sash to resist a hit.

Mega Pinsir is actually a fun mon. With an SD can be a problem for types such as Water Rainless, Psychic, Normal, etc,... Quick Attack become Flying-type due to Aerialite and gaining some extra BP. Close Combat to get rid of Steel- and Rock-types. Return/Frustration to hit as harder as you can. Pretty cool mon, better than Mega Scizor actually imo.

Who thinked that this thing could be good idea???? It's a monster with only one or two Quiver Dances winning MU such as Steel, Ground and Electric. Play this thing carefully it's a important wincon most of the times. Fire Blast and Quiver Dance are mandatory, HP Ground for Toxapex and Heatran and Giga Drain for Waters and Grounds and a way to recovery too.

Heracross is our scarfer. With Moxie can make a snowball effect and sweep the opposing team.Close Combat for Steels, Rocks and Normals, Mega Horn for Psychic and Grass. Stone Edge is for coverage to Flying mons. The last slot was Pursuit, but I couldn't kill Toxapex most of the times, so I decided to go Earthquake.

And finally, our boy Scizor. It has Choice Band for some immediate power, Bullet Punch + Band can easily sweep Fairy, just be aware of Babiri Berry Clefable with Fire Blast. U-turn to get some momentum and Superpower is for Steels and Normals. Lastly Knock Off/ Pursuit for Psychic, because I used EQ on Heracross I decided to use Pursuit in Scizor.

~Threats List~

You haven't got any switch in to his Choice Specs + Electric Terrain boosted attacks and it can 2HKO every mon in the team. Zeraora is pretty much the same with his Choice Banded Plasma Fist. Only way to beat Electric is with Volcarona and webs up.
Only way to beat this thing besides Heracross is a very boosted Volcarona or a boosted Pinsir. Heracross can't change hard to this thing because it can burn with Scald. It can put Toxic Spikes too and make chip damage to all of my team. Volcarona can't beat it in a 1v1 scenario
No switch ins to Banded V-Create so you need to sack something when it comes and revenge kill with Pursuit Scizor. But the real problem is the Z Celebrate set. It can boost easily and sweep because Scarf Heracross can't outspeed it after boost and killing everything with his Searing Shot
Autonomize Celesteela can setup and sweep if Stealth Rock are up , only way to kill is with Volcarona. Bulky Celesteela is annoying too, but Volcarona can setup on it.

Forretress @ Red Card
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock

Galvantula @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Energy Ball
- Thunder
- Sticky Web

Pinsir-Mega @ Pinsirite
Ability: Aerilate
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Frustration
- Quick Attack
- Close Combat

Volcarona @ Firium Z
Ability: Flame Body
Modest Nature
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Giga Drain
- Fire Blast
- Quiver Dance

Heracross @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Megahorn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit
Well, that's all. Thanks for reading this and if you have a suggestion, please leave it here. Thanks to Harpp for helping me a little bit with the team. Cya ~

Last edited:
Hello again DeadYouAre nice to see you post another RMT. As for this time around I can only see a couple of minor changes to suggest as you've got the classic HO Bug build.

:volcarona:

Modest nature --> Timid nature

Being able to outspeed Choice Scarf Landorus and Choice Scarf Excadrill after a Quiver Dance is big, as they cannot revenge kill you with Stone Edge and Rock Slide respectively. In addition, you have the opportunity to outpace Adamant +1 Mega Sharpedo and naturally outpace and OHKO Kyurem-Black. Lastly sporting a Timid nature also gives you a chance to speed tie with numerous other base 100 speed Pokemon, I feel as though the speed is far more valuable than the added power Modest nature has to offer.

:heracross:

Earthquake --> Pursuit

You did say you wanted a move to be able to kill Toxapex with, but Earthquake from Choice Scarf Heracross does not even 2HKO (37%-44%) the standard Toxapex set with Stealth Rock up. With this in mind, Toxapex can Recover on you and proceed to slowly 1v1 you or switch out to an immunity accordingly. My reasoning behind slotting in Pursuit back on Heracross is specifically for Heatran on Steel teams and Victini on Psychic teams. Heracross can effectively pop Heatran's Air Balloon with Pursuit as it able to outspeed and OHKO it with Close Combat. Choice Band Scizor however, would have to rely on a 50-50 on whether to Bullet Punch the Heatran as it stays in, or to Pursuit Heatran as it switches out in fear of losing it's Air Balloon, because Scizor does not outspeed Heatran. With Pursuit on Heracross we avoid this 50-50 and this frees up Volcarona to sweep. Lastly, Choice Scarf Victini at -1 Speed is not outsped by Jolly Choice Band Scizor so it cannot actually pose a threat to it and Pursuit trap it, however Choice Scarf Heracross is able to outspeed and threaten it and Pursuit trap it. (Keeping Pursuit on Scizor as well can still be useful for other Psychic types such as Latios and others)

That is all I have for suggestions, here are the sets below!

Volcarona @ Firium Z
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Giga Drain

Heracross @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Megahorn
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)