HO: It's Here! - 1731 Peak

HO: It's Here! - 1731 Peak (Top 400)

Lycanroc2.gif

Introduction:
After the Cinderace and Magearna Ban from OU, some people thought Hyper Offense would be less than ideal for laddering but NO. Hyper Offense is still AMAZING for laddering and for general battling.

Proof of Peak:
1618237520300.png

The Team:

Tapu Koko @ Light Clay
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Volt Switch / U-turn (I would recommend Volt Switch)
- Taunt

This is the Dual Screen user on this team, Tapu Koko is arguably the best Screens User in the game because of its incredible speed and pivotting ability. I personally like to run taunt as when hazards are on your side of the team, it is impossible to get them off again (unless the opponent uses defog). Volt Switch and U Turn are good on Tapu Koko for different reasons. U turn outshines Volt Switch because it's a guarenteed switch however Volt Switch gets absorbed by Ground Types and lightning Rod. However I prefer Volt Switch as it deals with opposing Hawluchas which this team can struggle with.

Lycanroc-Dusk Focus sash
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Speed / 252 Attack / 4 SpD
Jolly Nature
Accelerock
Stealth Rock
Taunt
Endeavor

This is the suicide lead of the team. Landorus could also be used over Lycanroc but i personally like this due to the fact it has a higher base speed stat and you have the option to deny hazards on your side of the field with taunt. Due to the Focus Sash, you are also able to get something to 1% with endeavour.

Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Acroba
- Stone Edge

This is the main sweeper of the team. With its 606 Speed (in Electric Surge) Hawlucha is able to outspeed everything in the game. the 124 Speed is used to outspeed Excadrills under the influence of Sandstorm. After a Swords Dance Hawlucha is able to OHKO most of the team's weaknesses and is absolutely necessary in this team.

Rillaboom @ Life Orb
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Grassy Glide
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off

Rillaboom is a great revenge killer and therefore is also really great in this team. It is able to switch in on many water types which the rest of the team sometimes struggles with. Drain punch is there for Steel Types which supposedly are able to switch on Rillaboom. With its 91 Stab Priority Grassy Glide, Rillaboom is INSANE at forcing the opponent into stressful decision making

Latias (F) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 228 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 24 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Agility
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Aura Sphere

This Latias set is simply put, incredible. 24 speed is to outspeed scarf kartana after an agility and is a nice swap in from Tapu Koko due to levitate. Stored Power is there to be spammed and sweep teams and aura sphere is a must as it is an ideal move used for most steel and dark types in the game.

Bisharp black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
Sucker Punch
Knock Off
Iron Head
Swords Dance

Due to Lycanrocs Stealth Rocks, Bisharp is an excellent punisher for defoggers and with this super hard hitting stab knock offs and sucker punches, Bisharp is awesome for breaking stall teams. Bisharp is a nice switch in from Hawlucha as it takes no damage from Psychic Moves.

Weaknesses:
Like all teams, this team also has its weaknesses.

Dragapult: This terrifying Pokemon is really quite scary for this HO team. Due to the fact that it outspeeds everything in the team with raw speed, it can also hit everything with a Super effective move / Neutral Move. However, there are many ways to outcome this Pokemon. The best way is to go into Hawlucha with electric terrain up. After a swords dance, Hawlucha will be able to OHKO. Another way to deal with this could be Sucker Punch Bisharp (Be careful of Substitute Dragapults) and if the Dragapult is chipped enough, Rillaboom.

Clefable: Eventhough there are many switch ins to this thing, this is the main Pokemon that is able to take out the team's main sweeper (Hawlucha). Bisharp is able to swap in once or twice and so is Rillaboom.

Volcarona: This thing is able to sweep most of the team under the correct circumstances. The best way to get rid of this annoying bug is to revenge kill with Lycanroc's accelerock.

Dragonite: The absolute Bane of this team. Dragonite is horrible for this team, with accelerate and dual wing beat, it is able to sweep quite alot of the team. However, Hawlucha is able to do massive amounts of damage to Dragonite if under electric Terrain using Stone Edge. The dual Taunts from Koko and Lycanroc are usually able to keep Dragonite's Dragon Dances at bay. Lycanroc's Accelerock and Bisharp's Sucker Punch are able to revenge kill Dragonite.

Extras:
This team is simply an adaptation of SpectreFrost's HO team so check out his Forums.

Feel free to give me thoughts, I appreciate all of them!

Attachments

Hi! I really like your team and amazed by how far you got. With a power sweeping maneuver with Koko double screens with Hawlucha coming in with Electric Seed speed boost because of Electric Terrain immediately destroying almost everybody lol. Just one question can you explain how Lycanroc-Dusk works? I have never used it before and would like to know how to use. Also, maybe have a mon with u-turn so you have pivoting options along with Koko Volt Switch so that you're able to swap from one to another easier. Also, I was thinking of Choice Band over Life Orb for Rillaboom so that it has even greater power. One more thing. I think you should have a bulky mon in your team because most of your mons will be destroyed by Scarf/Specs Dragapult, Quiver Dance Volcarona, and Dragonite. Even though you have fast pased mons you need one that can take hits after switching in. Lycanroc will be able to take a hit before it faints and that will be just a waste. Not much else to say and a great team you have!

Hi, the purpose of the lycanroc is there to set up rocks. It's the teams suicide lead, with focus sash, its able to get an accelerock or an endevour off as well which is nice damage lol. I perfered lycanroc over Landorus-T because of its ability to learn Taunt. With Taunt, Lycanroc is able to stop other leads with setting up on me, for example skarmory or a Landorus-T

Hi, the purpose of the lycanroc is there to set up rocks. It's the teams suicide lead, with focus sash, its able to get an accelerock or an endevour off as well which is nice damage lol. I perfered lycanroc over Landorus-T because of its ability to learn Taunt. With Taunt, Lycanroc is able to stop other leads with setting up on me, for example skarmory or a Landorus-T
ah ok thank you for the clarification!

Btw do you think you could swap Regieleki :regieleki:screens for Koko screens? Also do you think you could make a team centering Screens Hawlucha I really like that combo and would like to make a core Screens Hawlucha team.

Btw do you think you could swap Regieleki :regieleki:screens for Koko screens? Also do you think you could make a team centering Screens Hawlucha I really like that combo and would like to make a core Screens Hawlucha team.
Yeah you can, Regieleki also could potentially be a very solid Screens and Explosion setter. However, in my opinion, Tapu Koko is more effective due to the fact that its able to taunt so that mons don't set up on your face. Additionally Koko has suprisingly decent bulk to get the screens down.

Also do you mean aothe HO team? Because this one is built around Screens Hawlucha lol

Hi! I really like your team and amazed by how far you got. With a power sweeping maneuver with Koko double screens with Hawlucha coming in with Electric Seed speed boost because of Electric Terrain immediately destroying almost everybody lol. Just one question can you explain how Lycanroc-Dusk works? I have never used it before and would like to know how to use. Also, maybe have a mon with u-turn so you have pivoting options along with Koko Volt Switch so that you're able to swap from one to another easier. Also, I was thinking of Choice Band over Life Orb for Rillaboom so that it has even greater power. One more thing. I think you should have a bulky mon in your team because most of your mons will be destroyed by Scarf/Specs Dragapult, Quiver Dance Volcarona, and Dragonite. Even though you have fast pased mons you need one that can take hits after switching in. Lycanroc will be able to take a hit before it faints and that will be just a waste. Not much else to say and a great team you have!
Why would he put a band on rillaboom this is a hyper offense team. And he doesn’t need another u turner because this is a hyper offense team. And he doesn’t need bulky mons because this is a hyper offense team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)