Gen 5 How Do I NU? BW2 NU Team

How Do I NU?

Hello Smogon! I am Palpitoad707, and I play Pokemon. Back during Gen 5, I made a BW2 NU team, and I thought, hey, it wasn't bad. After many, many failed teams (five to be precise), I finally came up with this beaut. The team's main purpose is to, more or less, either hit everything until it dies, or set up for a Musharna sweep. So, let's have a closer look at each team member!

Pebbles (Golem) @ Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake

First up is Golem. Golem's main purpose is to get rocks up. He provides a nifty resistance to electric, he provides a decent switch-in to Swellow, and he's one of my harder hitters. Stealth Rock is obviously to get rocks up. Earthquake is to have a strong, reliable stab. Rock Blast is for another decent stab. It's preferred to Stone Edge for being more accurate and being able to actually break sashes. Explosion is to go boom and cause a great deal of damage, either when he's weak so that the Custap Berry activates, or to put a dent into an opponent's wall.

All Da Drugs (Musharna) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight
- Heal Bell
- Psyshock

Here's the main star of the team and probably the best Pokemon on it: Musharna! Musharna's main purpose is to set-up and sweep, as well as tanking physical hits and healing my team of annoying status like paralysis. Heal Bell and Moonlight are to keep it alive so that it can sweep, while Calm Mind is to set-up to let it sweep. Psyshock is preferable to Psychic so that Musharna can actually win the CM War against opposing Musharna.

BURD (Swellow) @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Facade
- Brave Bird
- U-turn

Swellow's purpose is to hit hard and fast. Swellow is my primary revenge killer, able to outspeed most of the unboosted meta-game. Protect is to allow Swellow to get it's status up (which is helpful since I use Heal Bell Musharna), Facade and Brave Bird are for powerful stabs, and U-turn is to allow it to pivot out, or in case of a prediction of a double switch. If I don't lead with Golem, I'll usually lead with Swellow instead.

Illegal Immigrant (Ludicolo) @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Rain Dance
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam

Ludicolo is my cleaner. If the Musharna sweep fails, it's Ludicolo's job to clean-up the mess. With Rain Dance and Swift Swim, he's able to outspeed pretty much everything. Life Orb and Modest is to be able to dish out as much damage as possible. Hydro Pump is for a powerful stab (especially under rain) and Giga Drain is to recover the chip-damage done by the life orb. It's also a very helpful stab regardless. Ice Beam is to round out the coverage and to be a more accurate way to hit flying types.

I Heart Fish (Alomomola) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Protect
- Wish

Musharna is my primary wall. It's goal is to spread status (through Toxic and Scald) while providing recovery to my team with Wish. Protect is used so that it can also keep itself alive. If worse comes to worse, it'll chip down the opposing team, using its massive HP and Toxic to keep itself alive. I needed something to take multiple hits, so Musharna was the result.

Kreepy Klown (Gurdurr) @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch

Finally, here's Gurdurr! Gurdurr's job is to take hits and deal them back out. Gurdurr can also deal with certain dark and normal types that can be annoying (such as Kanga). Gurdurr is also my secondary win-con, if Musharna goes down or if my opponent still has too many dark types alive. Bulk Up is to set up, Drain Punch is a decent stab that can also provide back health, as Gurdurr can't recover HP. Mach Punch is for priority as Gurdurr is slow, and Ice Punch is for some decent coverage to hit flying types.

Pebbles (Golem) @ Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
Adamant Nature
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake

All Da Drugs (Musharna) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight
- Heal Bell
- Psyshock

BURD (Swellow) @ Flame Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Facade
- Brave Bird
- U-turn

Illegal Immigrant (Ludicolo) @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Rain Dance
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam

I Heart Fish (Alomomola) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Protect
- Wish

Kreepy Klown (Gurdurr) @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch

So, there's my team! I still have no idea how to NU, but that may be because it's been a long time since I've actually played BW2 NU, and this is one of my older teams (still the best one, though). So, um rate, review, and all that jazz!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)