How do you structure your day / keep busy during lockdown

As title suggests, what do you to not die from boredom if you are subject to tight lockdown currently?

-Aim to read 2 books a week
-Exercise for an hour a day
-Learning to cook new dishes several times a week (always goes wrong)
-Teaching Physics from home several hours 3 weekdays a week
-POKEMON/DISCORD Would use this probably several hours during the day: Thank GOD for CORONAVIRUS PREMIER LEAGUE
-Watch a movie every night
-Watch a bit of a BKC laddering video to make myself a better Pkmn Master
-Have skype calls every now and then with friends and colleagues

I have alot of times where I am just dead bored and would like to do a few new things so any posts would be appreciated!

I don't structure my days

As for keeping busy, I do online uni, learn languages, play video games, watch anime etc
I've decided to take the extra free time to learn Renpy and play long-ass Stellaris and Civ V campaigns with friends so that's fun

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I’ve decided to stop being a twit and am actually focusing on Japanese now. I’m spending a little time every day doing daily tasks in Animal Crossing between vocab flash card sessions and spending a lot of time just looking at Japanese learner stuff on YT. I’m probably going to do a little research around Italki to see how it works too. I need to work on the day structuring bit though, as atm I’m sleeping at horrible times and spending a lot more time on stuff that isn’t foundational grammar, which I should probably be focusing on more.

I’m not on lockdown because as a grocery employee I’m a human shield for my corporate daddy, but I did stay home for two weeks when I had a corona scare. To be honest, it was magical. I slept in every day, which I pretty much don’t ever get to do. Then I’d chug some caffeine and get to work on projects that I’m always forcing myself to have the energy to get through after work. I basically worked 12 hours a day on my creative endeavors and I was quite content for those two weeks.

now I’m big sad again

Structure? What's that?
Lol but in all seriousness, I've been aiming toward trying not to stay up too late (1 AM is my limit, since I don't want to stray too far from my work schedule of waking up early when I return to work)
Also trying to improve language acquisition and practicing. Now is a great time to brush up on a diff language, find movies and articles in the language you want to practice!
Also season 2 of the draft league I'm running just started drafting so now I finally have something to do which is nice.
Been trying to bike ride more but got a flat tire the other day so I'll have to fix that. Also lots of DDR. :)

I'm just driving my hobby car around since we're not in a full lockdown yet. Aside from that play minecraft and do whatever I can for uni online.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
80% of my time is spent on my bed either jerking off, watching netflix (finished like 6 shows and watched 4 movies), or on the phone. the rest of the time is split between eating, being with my dog, and spending a bit of time with family or a friend i trust to not be infected

Jerry the great

Banned deucer.
For me, that's really quite simple.

I joined 2 tournaments to add onto my list of "fun ways to kill time"

There's this user on PS. Me and him do a lot of custom game battles. That helps kill A LOT of time. But seriously though. We do so many of them it's not even funny.

I am currently doing a Pokemon Challenge, which takes a long time for me to do, so that is another way I often kill time (and add onto my total reaction score and message count if you want to view it that way)

When I begin to feel cruddy due to this lockdown, I may visit the happy place since that room's people often brings me back to full happiness.

I occasionally may watch YouTube videos during this lockdown.

Generally, I just add onto what I already did in life to temporarily replace what I cannot do. Well some of this stuff like the tournaments and custom game battles I'll be doing for a long time even after the lockdown, but ehh.

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
I have live online college classes at 9:40 on every weekday, so that’s mainly what’s keeping my schedule together. Shits gonna suck once classes end in May, going to have to force myself to wake up early. Outside of that I’ve just been mostly playing games, taking a lot of walks, substituting in person interaction with zoom calls/discord, and working on a few personal endeavors.

Honestly the main that’s killed my morale is how my household has gradually declined in population, we’ve gone from 6 to 4 in the past few weeks with my older sister going going back to her apartment in the city and the Japanese exchange student being called back to Japan. Seeing even less people on a day to day basis compared to earlier in the pandemic absolutely blows. Well that and not being at college is terrible too

Lina

Creatures in Heaven
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What's really kept me sane and busy has been writing a daily to do list that I can cross off or tick as I do the jobs I need to. I've also been exercising, exploring my creativity, walking my dog loads, selling my old stuff that I don't need anymore, reading, watching tv/Netflix and YouTube and I've started writing again. Writing a to do list or keeping a schedule can really be helpful. It's also important to talk to people and stay connected.

What’s really becoming difficult, even though I don’t personally stay home because of work, is I have to separate myself from my family. I’m exposed to the general public for nine hours a day, not even like being within 6 feet of them, I communicate with them face to face and personally hand them their product. I also work in close quarters with up to ten or so people at a time who all also have face to face interaction with customers.

So a big part of restructuring my life and my particular brand of lockdown is that I just don’t get to see my family at all. My dad and stepmom are senior citizens, my mom’s wife already uses a machine to breathe while she sleeps, and both of my sisters have weak lungs due to excessive smoking and severe asthma, respectively. This might not be a big deal for people who aren’t terribly close with their families, but even though I’ve been on my own for almost ten years, I still visited them once a week, usually spending a whole day with them. Some of them I consider better friends than anyone else in my life. It’s just kinda sad.

Having so much "free" time motivated me a lot onto meeting new people rather than spending my days with my current friends. I've been joining various communities about various stuff here and there!

I also started dedicating way more time to studying Dutch, and have some practice at times with some pals that basically have as much time to spend!

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I structure it around my thrice daily masturbation habit.

On a serious note, I'm deemed an essential worker so I'm still working 5 days a week. Over the last two weeks, I'd done more gaming than I'd done for the two years prior. But now, I'm also about to commence a side hustle paid writing for an LA Lakers blog, so if anything, my free time is going to be less than pre-COVID. The main things that have changed for me, aside from a complete lack of social life now, are:

- No sport
- No gym

The former means I'm (trying) to force myself to go for runs at least a couple of times a week. The latter means I work out from home, with a mixture of banded exercises and bodyweight exercises. It's not the same as lifting heavy iron, but it sure beats doing nothing.

I've also had plenty of Zoom/video conference calls with both friends and family, and while it's no substitute for the real thing, it's sure better than nothing at all. One night, I even had a boys Poker night using an online version of the game, that was a blast (despite only coming 4th out of 8).

I also recorded a live stream of me DJing for the first time in ages and have spent plenty of quality time with my girlfriend, so there are some silver linings to this lockdown life.

Last edited:

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
wake up 15 minutes before my classes
end classes at 2 pm
possibly take a nap until dinner
dinner
play video games
think about doing homework until midnight
stay up until 2 am doing homework
go to bed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)