I’m still a gamer

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader
started playing skyrim again after a long hiatus...ngl prob best game ive ever played, so much better then competitive mons

S1nn0hC0nfirm3d

aka Ho3nConfirm3d
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
I too like comparing skryim to competitive pokemon
You should. Skyrim’s combat actually has an incredibly deep metagame to it, of which has it’s own slew of fanmade tiers and rule sets.

For example, the discourse around “Soup Strats” is akin to our discourse around banned mechanics like Baton Pass.

If you don’t already know, Vegetable Soup is an extremely broken item. It is a cooking item you can make with abundant, cheap ingredients. All of the ingredients but Leeks can be found in barrels and sacks all over the map, and Leeks are common enough as well. Once you have say 20 of these made, you can trivialize combat. Vegetable Soup is overpowered because it grants +1 stamina point per second for a few minutes. This allows for infinite power attacks with melee weapons, which will stunlock most enemies, which means infinite 1v1 stunlock (you can potentially juggle multiple enemies in stunlock too if you get the hang of it, making Legendary difficulty a joke).

The game certainly allows for power attacks as long as the player has 1 point of stamina. This comes at the cost a of a cooldown if the player ever goes in the negatives (if a power attack cost 30 stamina, and the player had 1 point of stamina left, the power attack would go through, and the natural stamina regen would have a cooldown). Soup Strats negate this cooldown, as Vegetable Soup offers a constant +1 point of stamina per second. Soup Strats are possible through other means, like stockpiling on items like wine and stamina potions, although these options would heavily increase your carry weight, be very costly, and overall slow down battle, less you tie the potions to a favorite. Any perk or echantment that either raises max stamina or stamina regeneration also pales in comparison to Soup Strats because the former is will mean your stunlocking is capped at whatever the new max stamina stat is, and the later only affects a percentage of stamina regeneration and not the cooldown when you reach the negatives, meaning you won't be able to perform infinite stunlocks. Soup Strats reign supreme when it comes to buffing stamina in a combat sense, and it's only minorly inconvenient in other aspects of the game like sprinting and max carry weight.

So the question becomes first: is it a glitch or not to do power attacks with negative remaining stamina, and if it's not, then is Soup Strats a glitch because it allows for for infinite power attacks? This is the big grey area for tiering that heavily affects metagames for any run where melee is involved. Soup Strats are not nearly as broken as the Restoration glitch, which of course in its name, is a glitch. But that doesn't mean Soup Strats can't be broken in their own right. For me, I think Soup Strats are totally fine. The game clearly differentates between being able to do power attacks with negative remaining stamina vs say, casting a spell without enough Magika.

The inclusion of Soup Strats or not heavily affects tiering the game. For example, the Redgaurd's Adrenaline Rush ability is phenomenal in runs where Soup Strats are banned, because the huge stamina regeneration in combat is basically the next best thing. However, because stamina regeneration is unviable in combat when Soup Strats are around, the Redgaurd becomes one of the worst starting classes to choose from.

You tier the entire game like this based off many theories and principles that we do here everyday. The more the two are different, the more they are the same.

started playing skyrim again after a long hiatus...ngl prob best game ive ever played, so much better then competitive mons
wont lie skyrim ruled my life as a broke depression ridden boy from 2012-17 lmao.
i look at games now almost annoyed i dont know every angle, random spot for loot, etc like i did skyrim - tbf i merked Hogwarts Legacy tho as a Slytherin (even bought 2 Slytherin backpacks - cus my sister thinks "Everyone copies me" (like no, people likes your same basic entry interests -a lot of ppl like harry potter, shush) so since i went Slytherin like her she didnt want the backpack so gave it to my buddy lol)

Last edited:
skyrim's atmosphere/music/etc is why it's so GOATED even with it being 12 years old on the 11th theres still so many new finds for players who delve deep. (*edit* forget the ridiculous mod community which is incredible)
(which is funny cus i met my infamous on/off till now ex in 2011 too, i jokingly call her my skyrim girl and she hates it lmao)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)